OtakuBoards

Lover's Lane: Best Anime Couples

DuoNDscythe

Ummm arggggh!!! i have so many!!! *eye twitches*

Okay *gets list*

Im not really into het anime pairings *chuckles* I guess im just weird lol

But my ultimate yaoi pairing would have to be "3x4" ^______^ I adore Twowa and Quatwa *grins* i think they are so totally meant for each other, plus this pairing holds a special place in my heart because it was the first Yaoi pairing i'd ever experienced.

But since then...I guess YukixShuichi would be a VERY close second. I adore Eiri and the fact he beats Shuichi down, and the little pink haired fluff-ball still worships the ground he walks on, is just wow..if thats not devotion..i dunno what is!!

Plus..we all know Eiri really does love Shuichi..its so obvious, even if he *is* cold..its still in every action toward shuichi!

LONG LIVE SHOUNEN-AI I SAY!!!! O_o hey..that ryhmed..

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bishie [/i]
[B]Im not really into het anime pairings *chuckles* I guess im just weird lol
[/B][/QUOTE]
Hey, you're not the only one who likes shounen-ai...I didn't wanna say it before for fear of being attacked, but I'm a HUGE Knives/Legato shipper...
*dodges objects which are being thrown in her general direction* Aw, c'mon! Even if it is a twisted Master/Servant, it's still really good!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bishie [/i]
[b]But since then...I guess YukixShuichi would be a VERY close second. I adore Eiri and the fact he beats Shuichi down, and the little pink haired fluff-ball still worships the ground he walks on, is just wow..if thats not devotion..i dunno what is!!

Plus..we all know Eiri really does love Shuichi..its so obvious, even if he *is* cold..its still in every action toward shuichi!
[/B][/QUOTE]

Very true Bishie! It does come in an extremely close second. *looks at her banner and smiles* Such a cute pairing...but...*takes out a poster with a chibi Quatre and Trowa on it that says "3x4 Forever" on it* 3x4 is the king of all yaoi! *gets hit with multiple metal objects from the anti-yaois*...*sics Bob the Great (the leader of the winged monkeys) on them* Anywho, c-ya on the other side! *flys off on one of her winged monkey soldiers while the anti-yaois are getting introduced to Bob*

Alrighty.....
My list for best anime couples....

1. Miaka and Tamahome
2. Yukino & Souichiro
3. Aya and Toya
4. Yuki and Shuichi
5. Faye and Spike
6. Lina and Gourry
7. Lime and Otaru
8. Naru and Keitero
9. Hameln and Flute
10. Ranma and Akane

Yea thats all I can think of...
What is it with you people and Inu-chan with Kagome? Thats just sick and wrong

I'm anti-yaoi. Ugh. I just don't see what the attraction is to it. Maybe I'm closeminded or whatever, but I just can't see what fangirls would find attractive about gay guys or making straight guys into gays.

As for the LegatoxKnives pairing, that's close to impossible in the context of the anime: the only person (with the exception of the little girl in the episode "Diablo") that Legato was interested in in that way was himself (like notice all the times the times he was kissing/licking his own hand or arm) I'm saying that character is like total narcissist. . .unless that was the arm he had from Vash, which might convey shonen ai indeed (although of a very one-sided variety)

Yeah, Wolfwood-Millie is cute. Don't know about Vash and Meryl though. . .to me, sounds like it's worthy of a new thread: "Divorce Court: Anime Couples That Wouldn't Survive."

*walks off to start a new thread

Hehe, what a lovely thread! :love:

Most of my favorite couples have already been listed--except for one [Van & Hitomi]. So, why not make it more interesting?

Here are my favorite three-somes.

1. Van & Hitomi & Allen: a Vision of Escaflowne [what? has no one here seen this show?? I recommend it!]

2. Inuyasha & Kagome & Kouga: Inuyasha [the dynamics are just too funny]

3. Yuki & Tohru & Kyou: Fruits Basket [this one is a bit hard. I'm curious about the overall results of this relationship].

4. Ranma & Akane & Ryouga: Ranma 1/2 [the same funny dynamics]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]I'm anti-yaoi. Ugh. I just don't see what the attraction is to it. Maybe I'm closeminded or whatever, but I just can't see what fangirls would find attractive about gay guys or making straight guys into gays.[/B][/QUOTE]

Milliefan, I have two things to say to you:

1.) I know some people "make straight guys gay" as you put it, in fanfiction. Not all yaoi fans are like that. Sometimes it's never actually defined in the series whether a character is straight or gay (ex.- Trowa and Quatre).

2.) No matter if it's het, yaoi, or yuri- it's still love.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]As for the LegatoxKnives pairing, that's close to impossible in the context of the anime: the only person (with the exception of the little girl in the episode "Diablo") that Legato was interested in in that way was himself (like notice all the times the times he was kissing/licking his own hand or arm) I'm saying that character is like total narcissist. . .unless that was the arm he had from Vash, which might convey shonen ai indeed (although of a very one-sided variety)
[/B][/QUOTE]
Well, first of all, Legato doesn't care about himself at all. He cares about Knives, [spoiler]and, as the series proves, will even die for him if nessecary.[/spoiler] He says himself that his only purpose is to "bring eternal pain to Vash the Stampede". Besides, who gave him that order? Knives, who I've heard Legato refers to as "Him"(yes, in that kind of sense).
And second, the anime is only like, half of Trigun. You have to read about the manga to get the full impact of some of the characters.
[spoiler]And it [I]is[/I] Vash's arm that Legato licks, by the way.[/spoiler]
I mean, I'm not saying the paring is canon, nor that it can be done easily. But it [I]can[/I] be done, and that's all I'm saying.

Okay, I'll add my favorite pairing now. It is... dun dun duuuun...
Sorata and Arashi from X1999. It's wierd, but the way Sorata openly confesses his love to Arashi is really sweet. How could you not be concerned for a guy who says that he's decided he'll die for you like twenty times an episode! (of what I've watched so far) I just think that they'r a really cute couple, ad one thatgets oerlooked a lot.

There! I made a post with real thought, that I did!

--I like like almost all anime couples except for Heero and Relena...

--Miaka and Tamahome-FY
--Yusuke and Keiko--YYH
--Kenshin and Kaoru--RK
--Sorata and Arashi--X
--Serena and Tuxedo Mask-SM

^_^;;;
ok, you can throw stuff at me now...

Oh come on, Kenshin and Kaoru are 10 years apart but they still make a great couple. Kenshin being incredibly strong when necessary, but Kaoru being the head of the household for the rest of the time :p

INUYASHA/KAGOME

and

KENSHIN/MISS KOARU

make the best couples!! lol I would really prefer Inu-chan and kagome over kenshin and miss koaru, because i think kenshin is... well idk too peaceful?? for that kinda stuff. ya know? He isn't concerned with it... but if I had to chose that would so be it!

[color=hotpink][size=1]PLEASE LISTEN UP, PEOPLE!

To keep this from constituting a favorites thread, please do not make lists and not give any reasons why you think them as thus. If you do from this point on, your post will be deleted.

Making lists is pointless and leads to no other form of conversation. Thank you.

*QA*[/color][/size]

I love the Touya/Yukito/Yue couple, it's so sweet! Yukito is such a huggable CLAMP guy...^o^ I think that couple is almost perfect for each other, and they look good anyway. It was so sweet when [spoiler] Touya gave up his powers so that Yue and Yukito could survive [/spoiler]. Well, I think that's what happened. >.<
Hm. Sakura and Li is a nice couple also, since my mind is on CCS right now. I thought the ending of the second CCS movie was kawaii and stuff, and Sakura is an anime girl I actually don't dislike. lol. I mostly like shounen-ai couples, so I guess that cuts the couple choices down about 90%!
Kaworu/Shinji is a cute pairing also! When Kaworu was introduced into the Evangelion series, I thought it was funny the way Shinji reacted to him. I thought they were leaning towards a Kaworu/Shinji relationship, but it confuses me sometimes when I think about it.
I also like 3x4 since it was the first shounen-ai relationship, and it got me interested in the whole thing. :)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B]
Kaworu/Shinji is a cute pairing also! When Kaworu was introduced into the Evangelion series, I thought it was funny the way Shinji reacted to him. I thought they were leaning towards a Kaworu/Shinji relationship, but it confuses me sometimes when I think about it.
[/B][/QUOTE]
OMG...How could I forget about Kaworu and Shinji? They would have made such a nice couple...Kaworu loves everyone, and he gets Shinji to actually open up...That whole episode was just beautiful.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Besides Asuka, my favorite Eva character is Kaworu. I don't know what it is about him, but he just made me want to hug him and run off with him forever.

Another couple I always HOPED for, but of course it never happened, was Asuka and Shinji. They needed each other to balance out their personalities...but alas...*sighs*[/color][/size]

[color=crimson][font=times new roman]heh QA I like to think that they both finally got it together at the end of the End of Evangelion movie...[spoiler] Although theres that whole theory that the girl at the end was actually a combination of Asuka/Misato/Rei...[/spoiler]

But I still like to think they lived happily ever after...Just like spike never really[/color][spoiler] died...he just passed out[/spoiler][color=crimson]...sighz... :bluesweat[/font][/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I just don't think there's any hope at the End of Evangelion. I mean, sure...it's them...all alone...with the whole planet to themselves, but are they honestly going to procreate? I have no idea...I just know that I WANT that to be what happens. Heh...[/color][/size]

I still like 3x4, but now a lot. I think people tend to make them seem too perfect together. For the whole GW thing, I like 1x3. I think they might understand each other, and they're both silent and stuff....O_o;

O_O 1x3?!!!! *dies* lol thats cool..im not one to flame pairings i dont follow. Love is love ne?

But still...1x3?!! i wonder if they'd ever actually have a conversation *thinks about this* hmmm..maybe it'll be alot of "hns" and blinking. *dies with laughter* oh i amuse myself sometimes.

But yeah, i can see where your coming from. They would understand each other alot better than the other pilots. Although i still maintain that Duo is better for Heero. Ahh well...^__^

*skips away with her youji plushie*

lol.
Trowa-...............
Heero-hn.
Trowa-..........-.-
Heero- ::grunts::
Trowa-..............................
Heero-....................................

Haha. Yeah, I guess it'd be a quiet relationship. I dunno, maybe 1x2 is good also since Duo might be able to make Heero say something other than "hn." and "I'll kill you." Or maybe Heero will end of killing Duo. O__o;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B]lol.
Trowa-...............
Heero-hn.
Trowa-..........-.-
Heero- ::grunts::
Trowa-..............................
Heero-....................................

Haha. Yeah, I guess it'd be a quiet relationship. I dunno, maybe 1x2 is good also since Duo might be able to make Heero say something other than "hn." and "I'll kill you." Or maybe Heero will end of killing Duo. O__o; [/B][/QUOTE]

Seems like more trowa and quatre than anything else. I don't even remember who mentioned that before but i had myself a merry chase tracking a pic down.
[URL=http://trowashrine.tvheaven.com/images/new_3.jpg]trowa and quatre[/URL]

Besides, Heero is much too violent for Trowa.

As for anti Yaoi couple......awwww what the heck. If you can have a thread about imaginary characters then why not make them suit your ideals?