Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Unofficial 2D remakes of OOT, MM and WW! (Quite a few pics)


Recommended Posts

Posted
I was browsing, and I stumbled upon [URL=http://www.danielbarras.com/]this page[/URL]. It turns out that an amateur game designer named Daniel Barras has decided to remake all the 3D Zelda games. Right now, he's got a small team, which is concentrating on Ocarina of Time. While the game is still pretty early, the demo is enjoyable, and could turn into an excellent game.
Now, for some OOT pics:

[FONT=arial]Menu Screens:[/FONT]
[IMG]http://www.danielbarras.com/sub1done.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.danielbarras.com/sub2done.gif[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.danielbarras.com/screenshot0002.gif[/IMG]

They seem to be very faithful to the original game, but the map picture isn't yet available to see.

[IMG]http://www.danielbarras.com/screenshot0001.gif[/IMG]
[SIZE=1]The Kokiri Forest[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.danielbarras.com/screenshot0.gif[/IMG]
[SIZE=1]Can't wait to see how Epona controls, but I hope she moves in 8 directions![/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.danielbarras.com/GOHMA.gif[/IMG]
[SIZE=1]When bosses go chibi...[/SIZE]
Posted
[color=indigo]Wow, this looks really cool; I can't wait to play the completed version. If they turn out good this could be a dream come true, since I've always prefered the 2D games over the 3D games.

I just hope they support the use of a gamepad, though. It'd be a pain to play Zelda with the keyboard.[/color]
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson]It looks very cool, but I don't know how they are going to do the [i]whole[/i] game in 2D.. *wonders* .. man, 2D games are fun ^-^;;[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=009966]Dude, that is so cool! ^________^ I just wish that in the demo you could leave Koikiri Forest, but the idea is great. [/color]
Posted
Wow! That game is really fun! *sits and drools* I, like Desbreko like 2D games better then 3D games in some aspect. I hope that the demo expands into bigger worlds soon. And I agree with Deedlit. The idea is really great. I think it will be the start of Zelda for computers. Now if the guy can get the games licensed by nintendo I'll never leave the computer. *goes back to running around in circles, shooting arrows, and dropping bombs then running into them*
Posted
I'm downloading the demo now and I cannot wait to play! Ocarina of Time IS the best game ever and this is a great new way to experience it. That would be amazing if Nintendo would/could put these games on the GBA by some miracle.

Well, I just played it and I need more!
Posted
Wow, that is a really great idea. I just played the demo and loved it! However, i'm a little skeptical about how they are going to do the dungeons, because in the 3D games it has a big basis on being able to go higher or lower, like the water temple in OoT. They might need to remodle some of them, but I'm sure they'll find a way.
*starts drooling at the thought*
Posted
[color=indigo]Or he could just make it so the overworld isn't as big. All he'd have to do is making the distance between islands not as much. Which is what I'm betting he'll do, if he ever does actually get all the way up to TWW. If he's going to do OOT and MM first, that's still quite a ways off.[/color]
Posted
Hmmm...Yeah, I suppose that could work, but theres still alot of islands out there, even just the tiny bits of land...It's sure gonna take a while, whatever he does. Personally, I hate to be a killjoy, but I seriously doubt he's going to finish these games. There's so much to do in making a game, most people probably only get the first few parts done then lose motivation. Especially with games as big and detailed as OoT.
Posted
Hmm to be honest I don't really like the idea. I enjoyed playing OOT in 3D. But the way I see it 3D games just aren't ment for 2D, and that's why they were 3D in the first place.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Kanoske
Posted
*disappointed that it wont let you leave Kokiri Forest*
I think this a great idea, but its going to take alot of work just to get through one game. AND I doubt Nintendo would approve it.. If they do I'll be suprised.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kanoske [/i]
[B]AND I doubt Nintendo would approve it.. If they do I'll be suprised. [/B][/QUOTE]

So long as he doesn't make people pay for the game when it's finished, Nintendo won't give a damn. They're only gonna get in a matter of approving or disapproving if he tries to sell it, making money off one of their copyrighted characters.

There's unofficial games all over the net, I don't see the companies who made the actual games getting angry about them.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gamemasterkev00 [/i]
[B] However, i'm a little skeptical about how they are going to do the dungeons, because in the 3D games it has a big basis on being able to go higher or lower, like the water temple in OoT. [/B][/QUOTE]

All he has to do is use what Golden Sun does to get things higher and lower.It can be done...


I just downloaded it.It would be a better game if i had all of the items and didnt die from my glitchy bomb...oh well, its ok anyway...it'll get better.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SonicSlash [/i]
[B]All he has to do is use what Golden Sun does to get things higher and lower.It can be done...[/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, I believe it can be done, but I afraid that just using steps or whatever might make it too easy. No one wants that;p (i hope..)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SonicSlash [/i]
[B]it doesnt have to be steps...it is very possible to,foresay,use a hookshot using 2d cliffs... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but to go up and down at the same time? Maybe its just me, but I just dont see it happening. I hope im wrong, though. More 2D zeldas would be great!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[quote]The demo looks really good. I find backwards gaming really accomplishing and challenging. I hope it's finished sometime soon.

[/quote]

I've seen a lot fo fan-based projects like this one. They almost never become complete. They usually make the demo and thats it.
So Crisis, I wouldn't get my hopes too high that this project will be completed.

So is this guy doing this ALONE, or is he working on this with a team?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...