Vicky Posted July 12, 2003 Posted July 12, 2003 Well, you know like some music is like so cool for months on nd, then no one knows what the hell you're singing. They go outta the window. But some music people still sing, still listen to and cry over. Music that has been going for years. What music, that has been around for ages do you still like and remeber? Who let the dogs out went way outta fasion! But, I still love the all time favouite: [SIZE=3]Dancing Queen![/SIZE] Do you remeber that lil' number? But, the question is how come these things never go out, they stay there for ever. Like new york, a very old one. What is the power behind this!?
Posthumous Posted July 12, 2003 Posted July 12, 2003 [color=brown][size=1]Sex Machine....It's too catchy to forget, trust me.It's just the two words of the song that stays in peoples minds.[/size][/color]
Vicky Posted July 12, 2003 Author Posted July 12, 2003 I remeber that one. MY brother wouldn't stop singing it! That truely is one to remeber! It was pretty cool. But I still like the dancing queen!
amibasuki Posted July 12, 2003 Posted July 12, 2003 [FONT=arial]all you have to do is say 'I like - big - butts, and I cannot lie', and you've got the entire group singing the rest of the song. then it stays in your head for another couple of five hours.[/FONT]
Vicky Posted July 12, 2003 Author Posted July 12, 2003 'I like big butts and I can not lie!' Great song! Still sing it. 'Dance to the music'. Great one and all. There so full of life these songs! YAHOO!
Guest Taylor Hewitt Posted July 12, 2003 Posted July 12, 2003 Yeah I love old songs. I have burned cds full of em. Styx Mr.Roboto is one of my favourite. Dancing is a kewl song its by Abba right? :P All The Best Taylor Hewitt
Semjaza Posted July 13, 2003 Posted July 13, 2003 More than half the stuff I listen to is from the 60s to 80s (and based on this thread, even the 90s fits), so I would have to name way too many.
RicoTranzrig Posted July 13, 2003 Posted July 13, 2003 [COLOR=darkblue]One song that's been floating around in my head is "It's Been Awhile" by Staind. They played it a lot a few years back, but I never got sick of it. "Little Wing" by Jimi Hendrix has stuck with me for a very long time after hearing it many years ago.[/COLOR]
Vicky Posted July 13, 2003 Author Posted July 13, 2003 I'm sure ever one will remeber: Near, far...where ever you are.... What songs that? The song that stole our hearts...we played that at my nana's funeral. Titanic.... That....is a great song....
Jesus Chicken Posted July 13, 2003 Posted July 13, 2003 [color=blue]I'm pretty sure I know the song your talking about, Vicky...Are some of the other lines something like: "Near and far, close and together"??? Either way for me a song that I will always remember would have to be "Play that Funky Music!" By [I]Wild Cherry[/I]. Everyone will always know that song, just because its so damn funky.[/color]
amibasuki Posted July 13, 2003 Posted July 13, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vicky [/i] [B]I'm sure ever one will remeber: Near, far...where ever you are.... What songs that? The song that stole our hearts...we played that at my nana's funeral. Titanic.... That....is a great song.... [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial]heh, that would be Celine Dion's "My Heart Will Go On."[/FONT]
soundwave2x Posted July 14, 2003 Posted July 14, 2003 i think one song that will be sung for many decades to come is Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven.
Fall Posted July 14, 2003 Posted July 14, 2003 "Stairway To Heaven" by Led Zeppelin is a good song. On the radio they've been playing a cut out version of it, and instead of going for 8 minutes, this version goes for about 4. They've ruined it. Also "It's Been A While" by Staind is awesome. "The Unforgiven II" by Metallica is also one of my favourites. "What It's Like" by Everlast, is the only rap song I've liked ever since it's come out. All these songs have been out for ages, and they're all good music. [b]EDIT:[/B] "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd, "Hazard" by Richard Marx, and "November Rain" by Guns & Roses are also great songs that have been out for years and years.
wild thang Posted July 14, 2003 Posted July 14, 2003 i love metallica but the first the unforgiven is better. the song that i think will never end is welcome to the jungle by guns n' roses.
XeEmO Posted July 14, 2003 Posted July 14, 2003 Stubb (a dub) by Mr Bungle. Oh man I could listen to that song forever. Well probably not, but I've listened to it a lot and i'm still not tired of it. Mike Patton's a genius!
soundwave2x Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 oh, definetly a song that will not stop playing would be sweet child of mine, definetly........
Juu Posted July 18, 2003 Posted July 18, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]I get tons of 'old' songs stuck in my head, though they're not really considered 'old', since they're all pretty much from the early 90's. :bluesweat [list][*] Don't Wanna Miss a Thing: Aerosmith [*] Erotic: Madonna [*] Can You Fell the Love Tonight: Elton John [*] Anything by the Spice Girls [*] My Heart Will Go On: Celine Dion [*] Don't Speak: No Doubt [*] Angels Crying: ? [*] Ava Adore: Smashing Pumpkins [*] Save Tonight: Eagle Eye Cherry [*] Time After Time: Cyndi Lauper[/list] ...And more, but my mind's asleep. >>;[/color] [/size]
Corey Posted July 19, 2003 Posted July 19, 2003 [list]--Frank Sinatra: Blue Moon --Anything Pink Floyd --Anything Metallica[/list]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now