OtakuBoards

The Elements

GuyYouMetOnline

David: (Thinking)I do [i]not[/i] like this. Insisting that we come in in that tone with that look on his face, then locking the door on us. We might be able to take him, but I don't know how tough he is. There is one thing I can try. I just hope it works. (Out loud)You do know who she is right?
Tsurara: The princess?
David: Yes. I don't think she'd like it if you did anything to us.
Tsurara: Like what?
David: Like attacked us.
Tsurara: And what makes you think I'd do that?
David: Well, you insist that we come in, you have a very nasty look on your face, your tone of voice suggests that you're not exactly glad that we're here, and you lock the door. But aside from all of that, you're one of them. And they are the ones who destroyed our home.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christian stumbled as the demon poked him in the back with his spear. Again. "Ow! Geez, I'm going, I'm going," he said, shaking his head. "You know, we'd probably go faster if you [i]didn't[/i] keep doing that."

"Christian," Destiny murmured out of the side of her mouth, "will you [i]grow up[/i] for once???"

"Hey, we'll be getting into the palace whether or not I mouth off to them," he said grumpily, tugging at his ropes again. Their hands were securely bound.

They entered the palace, Christian getting poked in the back a few more times -- his demon gave him a wicked smile when he turned around to glare -- and were led up to a small door. One of their demon guards knocked.

"What is it?" an irritated voice called from inside.

"Intruders, sir," the demon hissed.

After a few seconds, the door opened to reveal a small group of people. At closer glance, Christian realized he recognized some of them.

"Hey, guys!" he said, a grin spreading over his face. "Fancy meeting you here!"

From the looks on David, TJ, and Ki's faces, this was not the appropriate response.

"What shall we do with them, Tsurara?" one of the demons growled towards someone Christian didn't recognize.

"Intruders belong in the dungeon," the thing named Tsurara snapped.

"Wait a second!" David snapped.
"They're friends of ours!" Tsurara looked, or rather feigned shock.
"Relese them immediately!" He barked at the two guards, they did do, and left. He looked at Destiny, not giving Christian a second look.
"My apologies, those fools know nothing about treating guests." He said with a smile. Destiny just stared and sat down, as did Christian. Tsurara wheeled and looked at David.
"What were you saying about me attacking you?" David just glared, Tsurara smiled.
"Oh dear, if I had wanted to kill you, I would have done so the moment you walked in the door." He sat down and held his head, looking with amusement at the rest of the group. They just glared at him, his brow furrowed in frustration, and he got up.
"Very well, if you wish to fight me, then do so." He drew his weapon, a gunblade. The entire group stared at it in shock, it was...
"You're the one who killed that guy! You're the one who tried to kill Ken!" Destiny yelled in a high pitched voice, she recognized the gunblade from Ken's tangle with that demon...
"What on earth are you talking about?" Destiny stared at him.
"Who is 'Ken'?" He asked innocently, Destiny snorted.
"Don't play dumb! You know who!"
"Oh...Kaiyute? Oh, well I [i]did[/i] try to kill him, but that is none of your concern now." David looked shocked.
"Do you still wish to fight?"

Ken was being led through the woods by Nika, she seemed extremely excited about something.
"What is it? What is going on?" He asked, out of breath.
"Mizu-sora!"
"Mizu-sora?" Ken gasped, suddenly Nika began to climb the tallest tree around, Ken grumbled and followed her up. He stood at the top and saw the most amazing thing in his life.
It was raining, except from the ground [i]up[/i]!
Ken looked in mute amazement as the trees began to quiver and the tiny water droplets float into the sky, slowly, like stars. suddenly they began to circle around and around in a wide arc, until they met in the middle and became a large orb of water, which glowed blue and slowly floated up into space. Nika stood there with a big smile on her face.
"So, that's where the stars come from?" Nika nodded.
"When mizu-sora comes around, sometimes it floats into the sky, sometimes the people catch it and put it on the ground. Ken nodded, that explained the watery lamps that were strewn around the planet. He sat there for a long time, just thinking about everything that had happened...

David: Actually, I don't want to fight. I thought you did, but I have no desire to.
Tsurara: Then what do you want? There must be a reason you came to this world. What is it?
David: We came here to find Ken, who you call Kaiyute, but I'm not concerned about him right now. My guess is that he's one of you, meaning that it's unlikely he'll be attacked. As for Arika-the Princess to you-well, I get the feeling that she's even safer than Ken is.
Tsurara: then what [i]do[/i]you want?
David: I want to know what's going on. Why did you attack our home? Why are you attacking Earth? And what's up with Ken and Arika? Why were they on Earth, and why didn't they seem to know who they are untill today?

As David and Tsurara talked, Christian and Destiny were holding a whispered conference. "What do we do now?" Destiny asked.

Christian frowned. "I'd [i]like[/i] to blast my way out of here, but with about seventy-thousand demons on all sides that might be just the tiniest bit difficult."

"Hey Destiny, Christian, stop making out over there, okay?" TJ called, trying to lighten their situation by joking.

Christian blushed a little, but Destiny slowly grinned. "What?" Christian asked. He didn't like the look in her eye...

"I have a plan. But it requires us to make complete idiots of ourselves." She said. "Of course, that's nothing new for you..." Christian pretended to hit her, and she giggled, then leaned over to whisper the plan in his ear.

OOC: terra, I'm PMing you "the plan" so it'll be a surprise to everyone. *snicker* And it's a doozy of a plan, too...

TJ: I have to agree with David here.
Tsurara stared at TJ.
TJ points at David.
TJ: He's David. I'm TJ. Now, I want to know what the hell is going on right now! And if I don't get some answers, your coffin maker better start working, because my sword if ready to slay some demons.
TJ pulled out his Ninja-to. Suddenly, demons started to advance upon him.
David: Great, piss 'em off! Wonderful speach, Dark-boy!
TJ looked around at the demons.
TJ: So, you want to fight huh? Then let's go!

Tsurara grinned evilly. He advanced upon TJ, putting his weapon away.
"There is no need for violence here, put the weapon away, please." TJ just stared and kept the weapon where it was. Tsurara sighed, then rushed forward and kneed TJ in the stomach, just enough to stun him while Tsurara snatched the weapon out of his hand. TJ groaned and sat down on a table, looking with malice at Tsurara. He began to pace around the room, glancing at each memeber of the group. He then began to speak.
"Why did we invade your planet, you ask? We only wanted to retrieve Kaiyute and the princess."
"But you killed people, and nearly killed us!"
"Of course! When you fight in a battle, nothing of the sort matters! You don't know who you are fighting, you have nothing personal against them, but if they get in your way, you kill them! It's the logic of war."
"War? You are declaring war?"
"No, we only wanted Kaiyute."
"You did admit you tried to kill him."
"Only to keep him away from you. You people would become a liability to us if Kaiyute brought more of you here. Imagine what would happen if others, unlike yourselves, were to come to this world? It would be madness! If I had to kill Kaiyute to protect him, so be it! Fortunately..." He glanced at the others.
"It hasn't come to that, however, we must now keep him here, and the princess."
"What?! We need their help!"
"To do what?"
"Save the world! You have to understand, our world is in danger because of outside forces! Kaiyute and Arika have the power to help us! You have to!..."
"I cannot do that, Hirei cannot meddle in the affairs of any other world, we have Kayute back, we have no more cause to interfere."
"But!"
"No, I am afraid that your visit has begun to wear thin, please leave." Tsurasa snapped his fingers, and the guards around him picked up the group by their shoulders and threw them out, Tsurasa threw TJ's sword next to him, then slammed and locked the door...

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Arika stopped and found footsteps leading into a forest. She kept a close watch on the footsteps. Soon, she saw that it was raining from the ground up. She wondered what this was. She then saw a very large, tall tree and up the tree was the little girl and Ken. Arika suddenly grew wings and they started to flap. Then she went into the air and soon found Ken and the little girl. The little girl looked to her as did Ken.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1][color=ff66cc]"Ken, I mean Kaiyute. I think I may know why we are here. This world needs me because I am the princess, daughter of the evil Master. But if we go back to the real world, soon, people will find out about this world and try to get here to destroy the species. But, that world needs us as well. Our friends need us."[/size][/color]
[size=1]"I see. But, I feel like I just came back to this world and that I need to stay here. Don't you feel like that? Nika and Tsurara need me. I'm their brother."[/size]
[size=1][color=ff66cc]"Please. We didn't know who we really were until we got here. If it wasn't for your brother, who might I add, is very good-looking for a demon, who tried to, let me remind you, [i]kill[/i] you, then you wouldn't have defeated that other demon. Am I correct?"[/size][/color]
[size=1]"Well, I suppose. But, I feel like I'm needed here. Don't you?"[/size]
[size=1][color=ff66cc]"Yes. I do, because I am the princess, daughter of the evil Master. I despise him. He probably framed someone. But, yes...I do. But, think about it Ken...if we go back, we can save the world and have our date again [i]and[/i] we can destroy my father. I know, you just got here, but...you don't belong here. We don't."[/size][/color]

Ki: Now what?
David: We have three options: trying to get back to Earth, waiting here for Ken and Arika, or looking for them. Now, I don't want to leace yet, because there's still a lot we don't know. I'm hoping that either Arika or Ken can give us that information. I say we try to find them.
TJ: Fine with me.
Ki: I don't like this place. i want to go back to Earth.
David: Well, we don't know how. I'm willing to bet that either Ken or Arika do, however.
Ki: Then let's go find them.
David: Let's go, then. Arica went this way when she ran off. come on.

OOC: SJchan told me she'll be out of town for a couple of days, so we'll just drag her character along for now.
-------------

Christian glanced over at Destiny. "Guess we won't have to do the plan after all, since we've been throw out," he said. "Too bad -- I was looking forward to it."

Destiny blushed and hit him lightly with her staff. "Baka," she said. "Come on, let's go."

Following David's lead, Ki, TJ, Destiny, and Christian rustled through the woods in the direction Arika had run off to. "Stop!" David said softly, holding his arms out so that they nearly ran into him.

They had reached a small clearing in the woods, where Arika, Ken, and the little girl who called herself Nika appeared to be talking. Maybe arguing.

"You don't belong here," Arika was saying. "We don't."

"Sounds like she's trying to convince him to come back to Earth," Christian whispered.

"I hope it wor--" David started, then froze. They all did, their eyes glued to the scene in front of them.

Nika, the cute little girl, was growing. Morphing was a better word for it. She was changing shape, growing darker and bigger and ... well, a whole lot scarier. A sword appeared in her hand as she changed and she brandished it towards Arika, who didn't appear too surprised.

"Why are you trying to take Kaiyute-san?" the new Nika growled, her voice no longer fitting the perky little girl she had been just before. "He's my brother! Leave us alone!"

TJ: This place just gets better and better, doesn't it? First I get beat up, then locked up, and know I have to fight my friends little sister who has turned into a gigantic monster.
TJ jumped aside as Nika swung the sword in a mighty downward arc, splitting the ground.
David: TJ! Use the shadows under the tree! Form some ropes, or something!
TJ: Right!
TJ called upon the shadows to do his bidding, but they denied him, saying they were alligned with Nika, not him.
TJ: David! We got a problem! These shadows can think!
Meanwhile, all of the others were darting around, trying to not get crushed.
Nika: Leave us alone!
The 'girl' swung the blade again, forming another gash across the ground.
TJ: Bloody brilliant. This is all bloody ******* brilliant!

"Hey! STOP!" Ken yelled at the top of his lungs, Nika turned and looked at him.
"Those people are my friends! I won't let you hurt them!" Ken roared as he drew his gunblade. Nika just stood there, not moving, Ken held his ground, then Nika began to cry, and her voice returned to that of the little girl.
"Why, Kaiyute-san? Why do you want to go? Why do you want to leave me all alone?..." Nika begun to shrink back to her normal size and form, and she immediately grabbed Ken, who bent down and held her in his arms. She was definetely crying, and so was Ken, to everyone else's shock.
"I just wanted to find my family, and now I have, I..I can't believe I have to leave now, I...I just can't!" David reached forward and put a hand on Ken's shoulder.
"Look, I could never understand what you're feeling right now, but you realize that if we don't do soemthing about this evil, everyone is going to die, not just us." Ken stared at him for a long time, suddenly there was a noise behind the group, it was Tsurara.
"So that's it, you want to take Kaiyute just because of that, just because he has powers unlike anything you have ever dreamed..." Ken got up, as did Nika. Tsurara began to catch fire, the same black fire as the demons they had fought before.
"Fine, we duel. If I win, Kaiyute stays with me, if you win, he can go, but you have to promise me one thing."
"And what might that be?"
"Nika has to go with him." Nika jumped up at this, and then latched onto her other brother's leg.
"No! I want to be with you both! Don't leave me!" Tsurara bent down and picked up Nika, placing her in a tree, then he whispered to her.
"I will win, I promise." He turned to David.
"Will you fight me?" David nodded, and picked up the poles that he had used earlier. He dashed forward, but Tsurara blocked and did a devastating techinque.
"HONO-GIRI!" He cried, he spun around once and pressed the trigger, striking David and causing a fiery explosion. He did so two more times, striking diagonally and vertically, finally finishing when David stopped moving. He stood there for a long time before taking a step forward.
"That trick won't work, I am immune to fire." Tsurara grinned, that was one trump card down the drain, but fortunately he had lots more...

OOC: Tsurara=Pillar of Ice
Tenjo no Rai-ken=Lightning Fist of Heaven
Hono-giri=Inferno Slash

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Arika stared as Tsurara and David were going at it. She closed her eyes and could tell every move that Tsurara made. David was thrown back and he landed at Arika's feet. Tsurara smirked and laughed evilly. He pointed his gunblade to David and was about to shoot, when Arika opened her eyes and moved David out of harm. She looked to Tsurara in an attack ready position. But before she fought, she made a proposition.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1][color=ff66cc]"Do not harm my friends, Tsurara. Although my name be Arika, remember I am still Princess Kurayami. Before we begin this little battle, I have a proposition."[/size][/color]
[size=1]"Oh, and what would that be, [i]Princess[/i]?"[/size]
[size=1][color=ff66cc]"It is that Nika stay here out of harm's way, you stay away from Earth, and that you tell the whole truth about Ken and I. Got it?"[/size][/color]
[size=1]"Agreed. But since you have made your proposition, then I must say something as well. As I have said, if I win, Kaiyute stays with me. Also...you...*points to Arika* must stay here as well. For your father has said that I will become next Master and you will be next to me."[/size]

(David charges Tsurara, rolls to the side at the last second, and attempts to trip the demon with his poles. Tsurara blocks the attempt)
David: Not bad.
Tsurara: You havn't seen anything yet.
David: Neither have you. (He rolls to the side, and Tsurara hears a noise behind himself. He sees that a tree with a part burned off is about to fall on him, and moves just in time. The next thing he knows, David knocks him to the ground) Not so tough, are you? (He thrusts a pole downwards, but Tsurara roll out of the way and springs to his feet) I guess you are.
Tsurara: You don't have a chance. Give up.
David: I don't know how to do that.
Tsurara: Then you'll die.
David: Good luck.
(He charges again, rolls to the side, and attempts a leg sweep. Tsurara blocks and shoves David into a tree. Tsurara walks over to him and points the gunblade at his chest)
Tsurara: You lose. (He pulls the trigger, and David suddenly finds himself behind the demon.) I win.
David: Not quite yet. (He slams Tsurara's arms with his poles, then knocks him over with another leg sweep) Not so tough now, are you?
Tsurara: How- how did you [i]do[/i] that?
David: I don't know. That was the first time it happened. I- what the hell? (The two poles David's holding dissapear, and two fancy-looking golden ones appear in their place. There are several designs on them, and David is shocked when he sees one he recognizes) What the *******?! What the hell is this?!
Tsurara: Now what?
David: Only the biggest f***ing shock of my life. And my guess it that you should give up before you almost kill me again. Of course, you might know what would happen, but I don't.
TJ: What are you talking about?
David: Take a look at Ar- I mean, the Princess.
Ki: Why are you calling her that?
David: The symbol on her crown is on these poles.
Ki: [i]What[/i]?!
Tsurara: But- no- it can't be- no- it's not possible! You're dead!
David: I don't know why you think that, but I'm certainly not. Now, would you mind telling me why you think I am?
Tsurara: Only the rightful owner of those can use them, and that person is dead.
David: And who might that person be?
Tsurara: That person would be the Master's nephew. The Princess's cousin
David: Holy ****! I didn't think I'd be [i]that[/i] important!
Ki: Um, David? Is he saying what I think he's saying?
David: Yes.
Tsurara: My apologies, sir. I didn't know.
David: Well, neither did I. Now, please explain who this Master is.

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Seeming that David actually defeated Tsurara surprised her. She walked over to David and Tsurara and looked at Tsurara.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1][color=ff66cc]"The Master is my Father. My father is a man who used his powers to help good. But he was overcome by how much power he took within and was corrupted. Now, he is the greatest evil we must match. But I believe that Tsurara knows more, am I correct?"[/size][/color]
[size=1]"Yes. You are. Come, we shall go out into the clearing. Princess, I am sorry for what has happened today. It seems you care for Kaiyute, I mean Ken, a lot. Although he is family, you are his family now. Come with me though please."[/size]

As Tsurara continued the story, TJ spoke one sentence.
TJ: This place really pisses me off.
The group moved to the clearing. TJ sat down in a position simmilar to the lotus position, only with his arms crossed in front of his chest. He scowled darkly, forming a strange contrast with the sunny, cheery field in which they sat.
TJ gazed out from under his bangs at Tsurara as the demon spoke.

Tsurara: In the past, there was a war. A war betwen the Master and his followers, and those who stood against them.
David: A civil war.
Tsurara: Correct. The war was brutal, whith the two sides evenly matched. Princess, you and your cousin were with the Master, of course. So was Kaiu- Ken. but not everyone working for him was.
David: Spies.\Tsurara: Very good ones, too. They gave the other side the information they needed to catch us off guard and gain the upper hand, which they did. They forced our armies back to the castle, where they laid seige to us.
TJ: This Master dude is still alive, right? That means he escaped somehow.
Tsurara: Supplies were running out for us, but not for the ememy. They would have outlasted us. There was no hope of victory. That's when the Master revealed his last resort: a weapon so powerful that if used, it would destroy our world.
David: You used this weapon and fled here.
Tsurara: Correct. our world was destroyed, but we had won. A few of the enemy had excaped to yet another world, earth, but they were few enough that there was no threat from them.
David: that still doesn't explain Ken, the Princess, and I.
Tsurara: I do not know about you. we all thought that you had died in the war. Ken and the princess left a few years later. We had a new Master after the war. He bacame power-hungry, and sought to enslave all other races. Ken and the Princess knew that they would be killed if they defied the Master, so they went to Earth instead. I'm the only one who knos this. Everyone else thinks it was an accident, and a search was set into motion.
David: That explains everything about them except why they lost their memories.
Tsurara: That I don't know.
David: Thought so. Well, i don't know about all of you, but this Master guy sounds like someone who needs to be taken out, and i think we can do it. Who's with me?

OOC: There is no sunlight, Hirei is illuminated by heatless starlight.
EDIT: Oops, looks like Takuya and I wrote this at the same time, sorry.

"The world of Hirei was founded a long time ago by our lord, Master Hirei. The world, at first, was an incredible world of water on which no one could live. Somehow, our master Hirei and our ancestors arrived, and Hirei used our special technique, dove into the water, and turned it all to ice." Tsurara pointed over the edge of the clearing, and the group saw that under all the city, the planet was a giant sphere of black ice. Tsurara nodded.
"That is the product of our founding. Master Hirei is still buried somewhere underneath, and those infernal souls of water are trapped inside with him." Nika jumped up and began telling some more of the story.
"When [i]mizu-sora[/i] comes around, the water spirits under the ice come out, and the outside world sees them for the first time in...well...a long time!" Tsurara finally got to the point.
"The idea is, the lords of Hirei are required to maintain the power of the black ice that binds the water and keeps the water spirits from destroying us. Therefore, it is impossible that your father is the cause of all this."
"Why not?" Arika asked, suspicious as ever. Tsurara waved his hand to the ice below, and began to climb down to it, the group followed, and Tsurara pointed to a spot underneath the ice.
"Look familliar?" He asked, Arika peered closer, there was a man buried underneath the ice.
"...Father?" She asked, Tsurara nodded.
"It was his duty as a master of Hirei, to seal himself inside the ice to keep the water away. He truly loved you, Princess Arika, and therefore wanted you to go to the outside worlds so that you would not have to feel the pain of seeing your own father die." Arika fell to her knees, and Ken bent down do see if she was alright. Tsurara continued.
"It is impossible that people from Hirei are causing the carnage you see outside, we only wanted Kaiyute, and those strange beings that you see flying around..."
"You mean those animals?" David asked.
"Yes, they are not from Hirei, we have no such species here. It must be coming from somewhere else." Tsurara explained. Ken looked at Arika's face. He whispered to her.
"I'm really sorry, do you think you'll be alright?" She looked up at him, tears streaking her face, and nodded gently. Ken helped her up, and looked at Tsurara.
"We should be going then. Sorry we caused such trouble."
"That's fine, it is understandable. Please come to my house later, I have some things for you all." Tsurara left, actually flying off, and left the rest of the group on the ice, walking back to the house...

OOC: I think both our posts can be used. Yours explains more about Hirei, while mine is more about the demons and our characters.
----------------------------------------
David: There are a couple inconsistancies in what he said.
Ki: Like what?
David: Well, he said that he didn't know how we-I'm one of them, remember-got to this world, but he also said that we came because we destroyed our home to avoid losing a war.
Arika: Both could be true.
TJ: How?
David: I thought of that, too. How is simple: Master Hirei came before the world was destroyed, possibly at the start of it. He worked to make it habittible. Thismakes sense when you consider what their last resort was. If they thought they might need to blow up their world, they'd want somewhere else to go. I just would have expected Tsurara to tell us.
TJ: We'll ask him when we get to his house.
David: That's what I'm planning.

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Seeing Arika's father sealed in ice surprised Arika. She had thought that the Master was her father. But what is wrong here? How can this be? Things just kept surprising her. All she wanted to do was be with Ken and now that she can do that, she has to fight. Maybe, when they get back home, they can be together. As they neared Tsurara's house, Arika felt a strange feeling. As Tsurara said, the creatures were not from Hirei. They are either connected with her or from another being. She ignored it and went into the house with the others. As they sat around, Tsurara grabbed three items wrapped in fine silk. The others wondered what they were. One was to David, one was to Ken, and the last was to Arika. They must have been gifts from someone.[/size][/color][/i]

David: I have a question for you, Tsurara. The awnsers you gave the Princess and the awnsers you gave me contradict eachother at a couple points. First, you said you didn't know how Master Hirei first got here, but you also said that you fled here to escape the world's destruction.
Tsurara: Hirei went first. We don't know how he first got here, but he went to look for a place we could run to. We used a machine to get here.
David: I thought it would be somewthing like that. Now, you've been here for several centuries. You also said that we were all around durring the war. How is that possible?
Tsurara: If one of us dies of natural causes, such as age or a disease, his soul can be reused. Our souls are put into new bodies. Memory is also kept. If a person kills us, it doesn't work, but it's a useful process. It doesn't work for the Masters, because them must seal themselves away, like you saw.
David: And the current Master is power-hungry. He'll want a new body. But the seal must be maintained.
Tsurara: Correct. If he doesn't seal himself away, Hirei could be destroyed.
David: Can others seal him away?
Tsurara: Yes.
David: Then we have to do it.

"Ah, yes, we all have to work together if we want to protect the worlds that we live in. However, before you all go, I have some gifts for you all." Tsurara turned around and picked the silk-wrapped packages off the table. He handed the first one to David, it was quite heavy, but he unwrapped it, revealing a pair of golden nunchaku.
"Those were crafted by master Hirei himself, you should use them whenever you get into any situations." David looked at them in amazement. They were gilded and had silver chains, as well as beautiful dragon designs and the royal crest on each end.
"This is for you." He said, giving Arika her package, it was a hairpin with a tiny platinum feather and a small water spirit inside a globe.
"It is more useful than it looks." Tsurara whispered to her, moving along to Ken.
"My gift is...more personal." He said to Ken as he reached into his coat for Ken's gift, he pulled out his gunblade and gave it to Ken.
"Use it well." He whispered, he looked at the handle and "Darksol" was engraved on it in white. He moved on to TJ, who just stared at him with malice.
"To calm your nerves." He said with a smile. It was a small pouch filled with powder, as well as a medallion with a black sun on it.
"Drink it with water, you won't have to eat for days after using it." Tsurara explained.
"Hirei has no animals or substance other than tree leaves. We refine this tea to slow down our metabolic system so we don't have to eat." TJ nodded understandingly, but was slightly annoyed to see that Tsurara hadn't explained the medallion. He moved to Christian and Destiny. He unwrapped Christian's gift, it was a beautiful ring, made from a strange purplish metal that no one had ever seen before, he whispered to Christian:
"When the time is right, give it to her." Christian stared at him in confusion. Tsurara cocked his head towards Destiny, and gave him a small wink. He moved to Destiny, unwrapping her present. It was a small chain with a misty globe attached to it. Tsurara wrapped it around Destiny's staff, and it hung there.
"If you ever get into trouble, break that globe." Was all he said. He moved back to the front of the group, nodding descicively.
"I bid you all good luck, and we of Hirei will always watch over you." He said as the group headed off. Nika looked at Ken leave with a forlorn expression on her face.
"Go with them." Tsurara said to her, she stared at him for a moment, he smiled, so did she.
"Take care of yourself, Tsura-san!" She said as she disappeared out the door.
"You too." Tsurara barely muttered as the door closed. He sat down heavily, and sighed, all alone...

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Arika looked to Ken and smiled. He smiled back. She was glad to be with him. She looked at the hairpin and wrapped her hair into a bun and stuck the pin in. She then caught up with Ken and held his hand. A small ring of fire surrounded their hands. Arika could feel his warmth again and she knew it well. She then looked to the others and she called to her creatures and they came. This time, it was the dragon and a large white Gryphon. Arika went over to them and they nuzzled her. She turned to the others.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1][color=ff66cc]"This Dragon is Taiin and the Gryphon is Taiiyou. They are part of my power. They are who I am. But when the darkness overpowers me, Taiiyou will become a three headed Dog. But, they listen to me. So do not be afraid. I believe Taiin wants to take me and Ken. Oh, just a minute. *whistles* This large bird is Hikori, a friend of Taiin and Taiiyou. Hikori and Taiiyou will take whoever. But, I think Ken and I need some time alone. They know the way out."[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=ff66cc][i]Nika looked to Ken with sad eyes and he nodded and she followed David. They all got on and as soon as they were ready, they lifted off. Ken and Arika got on Taiin and followed after. She was ready to go home and just be with him. As they were in the air, Nika soon felt homesick. She had never left Hirei and she had never left Tsurara. She wondered whether or not to go back. She just sat there. Arika heard her thoughts and hinted Ken. He understood and Taiin, Hikori, and Taiiyou stopped in midair.[/size][/color][/i]

TJ stared at the medalion.
TJ: I wonder what this does.
He stared at the Dragon and Bird.
TJ: As I said, this place just gets weirder and weirder.
He sighed.
TJ: I call dragon!
TJ leaped upon the Dragon.
David: Hey, can't leave me behind!
David, too, jumped on the Dragon.
Ki: Hey! Wait up!
Ki scrambled onto the back of the Dragon. Destiny and Christian got onto the bird. Nika tried to get on it, but Christian had to help her.
David: I guess all of us are going, then?
They all nodded.
TJ: Then let's ride!
The Dragon let out a great roar of agreement. They bird did the same. Took off and headed off in the direction Arika and Ken went.
TJ (thinking): All my power is about to be put to the test. I must be ready. If I can do this, than I can beat anyone, except maybe my friends. This is the ultimate battle. This is what I live for.
And as the two beasts flew towards the horizon, TJ smiled, a small, secret smile.

"So what's the ring for?" Destiny asked curiously. Christian was in front of her on the big bird, and her arms were wrapped securely around his waist. The little girl, Nika? was behind Destiny, holding onto her waist.

"Ahhh..." Christian looked forward so Destiny wouldn't see him blush. "N-nothing."

"Why Chris, did you just stutter?" Destiny asked, laughing a little as she tried to hold onto him and keep Nika from sliding off and keep her staff from falling, all at the same time.

"No, and don't call me Chris..." Christian muttered.

Destiny grinned and wrapped her arms tighter around his middle, laying her head against his shoulder with a happy sigh. "If you say so Chris."