OtakuBoards

The Elements

GuyYouMetOnline

David: Man, this always creeps me out.
Ki: I think TJ's the only one who it doesn't freak out.
David: Well, he knows his way around here. I'd bet he's as much at home in this realm or whatever it is as anywhere else.
Ki: I don't think I can ever get used to this.
David: It's different for him. His powers allow him to have control here. We're just along for the ride.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: We are at David's house.......

IC:
[size=1][i]Arika looked around at the others. A demon was one thing, but a demon while a large evil was coming forth to kill us again was another. And that "another" was something no one wanted to go through. Destiny and Christian were just arguing about the demon and such and Ken and Arika felt that they weren't needed so they left. They sat back down and Arika flipped the channel to a channel unknown to anyone. The channel was not in numbers but in a code. Arika saw David inputting it in so that Arika could talk to them. She wrote in the password and saw Ki, TJ, and David. She grabbed the head mic and talked through it.[/size][/i]

[size=1][color=indigo]"David? Summin you should know..."[/size][/color]
[size=1]"Arika?? Oh, what's the summin I should know? It's bad right?"[/size]
[size=1][color=indigo]"Yea, it's bad alright. Uhm, well...Ken took a little stroll and some guy with a camera walked by. He chased him but soon found that the camera guy was dead even before he got there and standing right in front of the dead guy was a.....a.....man.....it was a demon. Sorry for adding even more stress to you, but that's what it was...Listen, we'll keep a close watch on things, in the meantime get that tape and destroy it. Aights? Ok...peash."[/size][/color]

[size=1][i]Arika went back to the original T.V. and slumped in the chair. She looked to Ken, then to the kitchen, still hearing Christian and Destiny, then looked back to Ken then the T.V. Somehow, the demon was connected with the evil that was coming.[/size][/i]

OOC: This post is going to be kind of short, but it's the best I can do...
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[color=sky blue]Euro and the others decided to go home. All the way, they were talking mostly about Sera and the amusement park scene. They began questioning how Sera got on the evil side...

"Evil?!?" Ferati replied in confusion. "What are you talking about? I never turned evil!"
Chibi and Tina shrugged; they figured she had been hypnotized, just as they almost were by this shadowy figure...
As they were walking home, they saw a man carrying a girl. To Euro and the others, she seemed familiar. They followed the man, who eventually started running away, faster than the average human. Sera wanted to use her powers to stop him, but she was too worn out to do so. And, besides, the area was flooded with people.

Luckily, after a while, the man leaped on top of a house, taking a break. The people inside the house began to have weird thoughts about what could have fallen on their house. One of them spotted Euro and the others, but Euro did not see him. The man lay the girl down; she was asleep. Then he jumped down and stared evilly at the four girls watching from in front of the house. Not knowing someone was watching from the window, Euro fired a ruby beam at the man, who was not really a man at all. He looked more like... a demon. The boy inside was amazed at this and called a few other people inside the house. Three people walked out the door--two girls and a boy. Chibi immediately spotted them and warned Euro.

"It's OK, we're not going to arrest you," the boy said. "Hi, I'm David."
"And we're Arika... and Destiny..."
Euro and the others introduced themselves and began a long discussion about the people from the other dimension, and mostly, about the evil forces brought here. They were inside the house when someone knocked on the door...

Sera answered it. It was the girl the demon carried! She had silvery blue hair, silver eyes, and a white and sky blue dress. She said nothing; all she did was look at Sera in surprise. Sera did the same for the girl. She just managed to mutter, "M...M...Mas..."
"Who is it?" Euro interrupted. She got the same surprised look as Sera had.

"Euro... Sera... Chibi... Tina... I was wondering when I would finally see you. You all know me, I can see," the girl said.
"Well, we don't," David added.
"Oh?" said the girl. "My name is..."

She was interrupted by someone knocking down the door. It was the demon. He shouted, "MASUKET!!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE COMING WITH ME!!!" The girl replied "No." Then she turned to Euro. "But just call me Izumi for now... Anyways, what are you doing here?"
"I was about to ask you the same thing," Euro replied. "I had a vision of you being tied up the other day... then you were freed..."
"That's nonsense. You're not psychic."
"Yeah, I know that..."
Izumi stared across the room and saw a lot of people there. Arika had gone back to watching TV. Euro shrugged and sat down. Well, at least she found another of her sisters, this time the one she'd seen in her "vision"... the one who was stranded in the middle of the blizzard and survived...[/color]

OOC: Izumi's element is Ice, but she's completely vulnerable to extreme heat and weak against fire.

"Look, we shouldn't be arguing," Destiny said, running her hands through her hair. "We're the oldest ones here, we're [i]responsible[/i] for everyone else!" She'd begun to pace, and Christian sighed.

"We can't take care of them all the time. They're old enough to handle themselves."

Destiny spun around to stare at him. "You want sweet littel Ki, and Arika, out there fighting demons? Christian! David and TJ and Ken are one thing, but Ki and Arika?"

"They have their powers and they know how to use them, just like you and I." Christian said.

"I know..." Destiny sighed. "But I'm so worried... Both of them remind me of my sister." Suddenly she looked up at Christian with a keen look in her eyes. Slowly she grinned. "Well, for the moment Arika and Ken are safe, at least. And I think David and TJ can take care of Ki all right. What say you and I go kick some demon butt?"

"What, alone?" Christian asked.

"No, just you and me."

Christian grinned too and headed for the door as Destiny called her staff to her. "You're on!"

Ken decided to follow close behind.
"I hope you dont mind me butting in." Ken told Christian patiently.
"Huh, just try not to get in our way." Christian snorted.
"Hey, I have a new plan. Maybe it'll work if you guys listen to me." Ken wlaked out of the house and saw that it was already dark out. Suddenly an incredible tremor rocked the street and the giant beetle pounded down the road, threatening to flatten them again. THe group dove out of the way, but Ken jumped over it.
"I got an idea, Christian, when I say 'go', fire a lightning bolt at me."
"What?!" the beetle suddenly spun around and charged at Ken, who jumped out of the way, but slashed a fire hydrant just as the beetle moved over it, the extreme water pressure caused it to flip over, exposing a soft underbelly. Ken jumped into the air.
"GO!" He cried, Christian focused deeply and shot a bolt at Ken, the energy was absorbed by his gunblade, and he brought it down, pulling the trigger. The resulting explosion was so massive that the beetle's body had disappeared entirely, leaving only a hard shell. Ken climbed out.
"Tenjo No Rai-Ken." Ken exclaimed suddenly.
"What?" Destiny asked, confused.
"When you have an attack like that, you gotta give it a name." Ken explained.
"Why?"
"Cause it's not as good without one." Suddenly a black flash came out of nowhere, and Ken was pinned to the ground by the same demon as before. Christian and Destiny gasped, but they had no time to react. Just as the demon was about to pull the trigger, however. He saw Ken's dragon stud earring, and he seemed so shocked that he jumped off and vanished.
"...What happened?" Ken asked, Christian and Destiny could only look at each other in shock...

OOC: Nefertimon, I believe David is busy in the shadow realm stealing a tape. There are others who could've talked to you, though.
Sorry this post is so freaking long! ...

-----

Christian sighed. "Demons on the loose, gigantic hawks and beetles attacking, not to mention that sea monster ..." he said grimly. "The evil's getting stronger, whatever it is."

"So what are we going to do about it?" Ken asked.

Christian shrugged. "Well, Arika will probably kill us, but I say we go searching for answers."

"Just parade the city looking for evil, is that your plan?" Destiny said.

"Sure, why not?" he said.

Destiny and Ken exchanged skeptical glances, but agreed. The three of them started walking.

It was dark out, and the streets were empty, but the shadows of the city caused illusions of monsters that weren't there. Dumpsters looked like lurking beasts, trees turned into hairy creatures, and power lines looked like they might be hiding birds of prey. Remembering the hawks and beetles they'd fought off didn't help. Swallowing his fear, Christian kept scanning the area, knowing he was searching for something, but not quite sure what.

Christian stopped in his tracks, and Destiny nearly bumped into him. "What the --" she began irritably, but he shushed her.

"Look," he said, and pointed ahead of them. A man -- was it a man? It was in the shape of a man, but enveloped in black flames, just like the demon that had attacked Ken.

"Is that --" Ken said.

"I don't think it's the same demon," Christian said. "Look, he's got a different weapon."

The demon turned towards them, as if he'd heard them. Where a normal man's eyes would be, he had two steely blue spheres that looked as if they were floating amongst the flames. Christian and the others stared into the spheres, unable to look away, and unable to think of anything else but those glowing spheres. The demon raised his weapon, which looked something like a crossbow but somehow rippled in the darkness, like the rest of his body was doing. He pointed it at them. They watched as if in a daze, powerless to move.

Christian tried to shake himself, suddenly realizing what was going on. Behind him, Ken and Destiny sounded like they were coming back into consciousness, as well. His hands moved slowly, as if he was in water, as he tried to power up and call upon a bolt of electricity. "NO!" he yelled frantically as black darkness shot out of the demon's crossbow, straight at them.

His mind pulled the incredible currents of electricity running through the power lines above him, and a sheet of white lightning shot from it to fall just in front of them. The black darkness of the demon's crossbow hit the lightning shield, and hissed as it evaporated.

Ken, Christian, and Destiny shook their heads clear. When they'd broken eye contact, they'd been freed of the terrible hypnotic effect of the demon's eyes. Their lightning shield evaporated and left them standing face to face with the demon.

OOC: 'Tis okay, long posts are good! ^~

IC:
Destiny gulped and gripped her staff until her knuckles turned white. They'd been lucky that time. But what about next time? The demon looked ready to fire again, and Christian was panting with the exhersion of pulling that much power down to sheild them.

"Any ideas?" she whispered out of the corner of her mouth.

Both boys shook their heads. Destiny gulped and tried to think. Unfortunately, she wasn't given the time as the demon charged at them. She pushed Ken out of the way and dropped to her knees as Christian dodged the other way. The demon flew right over her, but she cried out in pain as a few of the flames trailing under him trailed across her back. Shivering slightly, she got back to her feet as the boys came to stand beside her again.

Soon enough she forgot the pain as the demon roared in anger and raised its weapon to attack again. "This is stupid!" Christian yelled. "We can't keep defending, we have to go on the offensive!"

Suddenly Destiny had an idea. She'd be practically helpless afterward, so if it didn't work she'd be a goner. But it was an idea. "Christian, come here!"

Wondering what was up, he walked over to her, keeping his eyes on the demon the entire time. Before Destiny could talk herself out of it, she grabbed his hand, yanked him downward and kissed him full on the mouth, holding up her staff with her other hand. It flashed in the darkness, and time stopped. "Go get it," she said, pulling away from a stunned Christian and half-leaning on her staff. "I didn't mean it," she forced herself to say "But if I wasn't in intimate contact with you time would have only stopped for me, and I'm no good at offensive! Now go kill it, I can't hold us between time much longer!"

OOC: XD I'm having too much fun with this, I think...

Christian looked around, stunned. Everything had frozen. Ken was caught shoving his gunblade towards the demon, who had been walking steadily toward him when Destiny kissed him and stopped time. The demon had his hand raised, about to slam Ken in the head. Destiny was the only other thing moving, and she looked exhausted, leaning on her staff for support.

Realizing how much this was tiring her, Christian ran forward and grabbed Ken's gunblade. "Hope you don't mind if I borrow this," he said unnecessarily as he raised his hands to the sky. Jolts of electricity from the much-abused power line began to shoot down, gathering in a bright white ball above his head.

"TENJO NO RAI-KEN!" Christian shouted, and the electricity zoomed down and was quickly absorbed by the gunblade, and by Christian. He felt his entire body light up with the power of the electricity, and he smiled. He plunged Ken's weapon into the demon and pulled the trigger as he'd seen Ken do just before.

Just then, Destiny's strength gave out, and the demon's fist began to fall towards Ken as time clicked back into place. But it was too late. Power shot through Christian, through the gunblade, and blasted the demon apart, leaving only wisps of black smoke where he had just been standing.

Ken looked around, puzzled. "What the -- what just happened? What the heck are you doing with my gunblade?!"

Christian scratched his head apologetically and handed it back to him. "Sorry," he said. "If it makes you feel any better, I used your move. It was like a tribute to you." He turned to Destiny. "Are you all right?" he asked, concerned. "That must have taken a lot out of you ..."

She pointed at the ground next to him where the demon had been standing. "Look ..."

The two blue spheres that had been the demon's eyes were lying on the street.

Christian grimaced. "We should probably take them and see if we can figure out what's going on," he said. "Maybe we should go back to David's and see how Arika and the others are doing."

Ken knelt to pick up the spheres, and he shuddered. "They're freezing," he said. "Worse than that. They feel ... they just feel wrong."

"Come on, let's go," Christian said, and walked over to Destiny. He said to her in a low voice, "I know you're tired, you don't have to hide it. What you did was amazing. Just put your arm around me, I'll help you walk."

After slight hesitation, Destiny did so, and the three started off again. Under his breath, Christian said, "So, about that kiss ..."

"It was necessary," Destiny said primly. Then she smacked him on the back of his head for good measure.

Christian grinned.

Destiny couldn't believe him! The nerve of that guy... Well, he was cute, and a good kisser, and - She shook her head. What the heck was she thinking like this for? It must be the exhaustion kicking in.

Behind them Ken snickered. "Christian and Destiny, sittin' in a tree..."

"Knock it off Ken!" Christian hollered, which just made him laugh more.

When they arrived back at David's house, Arika was pacing worridly. When she saw the three of them coming up the driveway, and Christian practically carrying Destiny, she ran outside to meet them "What happened?! You guys just disappeared!"

"Demon hunting..." Destiny said faintly. "One less demon to deal with now. Are the others back?"

Arika shook her head. "No, not yet. Destiny, you look horrible! Come inside and lay down."

"Laying down... would be good." And so saying, Destiny tipped forward with a sigh. Arika cried out in surprise and caught her, while Ken and Christian just gaped. "Her back..."

Destiny's back was burned from where the demon had touched her, and that on top of the exhausion of stopping time had taken it's toll. Swiftly Christian swept her into his arms and carried her toward the house, leaving Arika and Ken to follow with Destiny's staff, which she'd dropped when she fainted. For a moment Ken and Arika just looked at each other. "Do you think they're... you know?" asked Arika.

Ken shrugged as they stared up the driveway. "I dunno. Maybe so Arika, maybe so..."

[size=1][i]Arika sighed and walked of with Ken back to the house. They saw Christian lying Destiny on the couch. Not wanting to bother their, *ahem* "intimate moment", Ken and Arika went to the kitchen which led to the den, the second biggest room of David's house. It also had a T.V. and game system inside. Ken sat at the dining table. Arika walked to the fridge and grabbed two colas. She threw one to Ken who just lifted his hand to play with the gravity it was holding. He grabbed it and opened the tab and drank from it. Arika did the same. Arika walked over to the couch that was inside the den and sat down and turned the T.V. on. Ken followed and sat down next to her. Arika changed the channel to MTV, nothing good, then to BET. Music videos. Suddenly Arika started laughing. Ken looked at her funny.[/size][/i]

[size=1]"What's so funny?"[/size]
[size=1][color=indigo]"I was just thinking about the couples in our group."[/size][/color]
[size=1]"So who are the couples?"[/size]
[size=1][color=indigo]"Ok, there's Destiny and Christian- the two oldest, David and Ki- the computer couple, then that's about it. But that's pretty funny, if I say so myself."[/size][/color]

[size=1][i]Ken stared at Arika, then started to laugh. Soon enough, both of them sat there laughing. Arika laughed so hard that she fell off of the couch and landed beside the arm of the couch. Ken got up and walked over and helped her up. She changed the channel to CartoonNetwork. It was Inuyasha. Ken and Arika sat watching. Christian held Destiny's hand in the other room. And David, Ki, and TJ were after the tape. This was the life of the Elements: Danger, emotions, arguments, love, lust, and all those other things, plus fighting evil.[/size][/i]

David: Are we there yet?
TJ: Almost.
David: It can't be too much further, can it?
TJ: Nope. We're at the broadcast office now. This is where you two get off. Be careful. I can't hide you if I'm not with you.
Ki: You be careful, too.
TJ: Don't worry about me. I'll be fine.
(David and Ki return to the normal world)

OOC: Yeah, maybe I got a little confused because Arika and Destiny were talking to David in one post... didn't realize it was a mike though... OK, let's assume I talked to Christian instead, OK?
IC:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[color=sky blue]Euro and the others had left already and were now at home. It was the day after, any they finally decided to get some business done. They decided it was time to find the source of the evil and stop it at once.
"But what about our other two sisters?" Chibi wondered.
"Hmmm... good point," Izumi replied.
"We need to find them first!" Euro shouted.
"Who knows what can happen to them if we don't find them soon..." Tina cried.
"So, let's go and find them!" Sera declared. And off they went.

They searched the town but found nothing. Not a trace of either of the two remaining girls they had to find. They had to hurry up before they began to find the source of the evil... They searched everywhere--even outside the city. Still nothing. Suddenly, Sera got an idea:
"Let's go to the stadium!"
"The what?" Euro and Tina shouted together.
"I think who we're looking for might be in there. You know how she loves to play sports."
So it was decided. They spent a few minutes thinking about what their sister's favorite sport could be, then...
"We're wasting time!" Izumi declared. "We should be out fighting the evil forces, not wasting our time thinking about some useless sports! We can find Sakura and Rosetta later, so why don't we just move on? I know as much as you do that Sakura does like to play sports, but this is ridiculous!"
Sakura and Rosetta were their two remaining sisters.

After a long while, the rest of the group decided to go with Izumi's advice. After all, they [i]did[/i] seem to be wasting time. Chibi and Sera lead the way, since they remembered where they were kept captive. Tina and Izumi were still in a trance while they were carried off to their cells and then found themselves in trouble. Euro was not captured at all.

The group finally made it! Chibi and Sera, of course, were the first to point it out. It was an enormous building that looked sort of like a flying saucer. The group went inside; it was pitch-black.
"I'll lead this time," Sera advised. "You could easily get lost in the dark, but if we just hold hands and stick together, we won't. I'll lead, since I can still see."
Sera lead the way through the building, which had a mazelike structure. After about a half hour of wandering, they finally reached a giant room which, they figured, was in the exact center of the building. They went inside; there was even less light in it than before.

It was completely quiet in there. The door shut the second the group entered. Then, after a long, frightening silence, the lights suddenly came on, almost blinding Sera due to her sensitivity to bright light. A shadowy figure appeared in the center of the room and whispered, "Ah, I have forseen your arrival... Five of you have escaped my spell. But your other two friends will be trapped in this trance forever! They're forever in my control. You're trapped now. You'll never make it out alive." Tina and the others knew it at once: the shadowy figure was the one who spirited away the whole group (except Euro)! The shadow continued on:
"Euro, you have escaped with the love of your fellow sisters, but I caught them all. It's just too bad the remaining two are not with you now, isn't it? Would you like to see them? Well, you will, when you become my pawns!" He laughed evilly, but the group stood their guard. This was it--the final step... They hoped they were ready for this...[/color]

Ken laughed in spite of himself. It felt strangely good to be able to talk to someone after all this time. He thought about that demon, though. He was uncertain that it was dead, and he seemed to recognize it from somewhere, but more importantly, it seemed to recognize him...

"Hey, don't leave me behind!"
"Sorry little bro, that's the rules, you broke em, you gotta leave."
"I didn't do anything! It was an accident!!"
"Accident or no, you got too involved, if you like that place so much, you oughta live there. See y'around."
"You don't really mean that! Please let me go!"
"Goodbye, little bro..."
"NO!"

Ken snapped out of his daze because Arika had begun to shake him and ask if he was okay. He decided not to mention anything, but suddenly he felt extremely tired. He also noteced that he was stained with blood, not his own.
"Arika, would you mind if I took a bath?" He asked sheepishly.
"...Okay, just don't touch any of my things." Ken got up and headed to the bathroom, a few moments later he was lying down reading his favorite book, "The Vinyl Cafe". He took a deep breath and noticed that there was a scented candle on the edge of the tub. He lit it and a nice lavander scent wafted through the room that made Ken feel more relaxed. Suddenly and incredible rumbling started to come from under the tub, and one giant leg exploded out from under the tub. Ken jumped out and grabbed a robe, then shouted to his friends.
"GUYS! There's a monser in the bathroom!"

((OOC: I assume I'm gonna be out of this one. ^~))

Destiny moaned slightly and opened her eyes to find herself staring up at Christian, who had her in his arms again and was trying to dodge a monster at the same time. "Bwah?" she asked, her eyes widening somewhat. Weakly, she tried to fight Christian's grip. "Let me go, you have to go fight! Just set me down, I'll be fine!"

"Right." Christian said sarcasticly, sparing her a quick glance.

"Christian! Arika and Ken are going to need you! Now put me down!"

Christian seemed to think about that for a moment, then sighed and gently put her down in the corner. He'd just have to make sure no stray debris flew that way. As much as she wanted to stay awake and cheer on her team, Destiny yawned and was quickly unconcious/asleep again.

Ken looked in some stunned shock as the demon tried to emerge from the bathtub. However, it wasn't very big.
"Sheesh, can't a guy relax for a change?" He said as he plugged in the hair dryer.
"KEN! This is no time to dry your hair! We gotta fight this thing!" Arika yelled in exasperation.
"Relax," Ken said coolly, turning on the dryer. He then threw it into the bathtub, causing a large electric shock which paralyzed the demon. Ken then rushed forward with his gunblade and plunged it into the heart of the monster. Christian then fired a bolt at it, killing it. The rest of the group only stared in mute shock, until Arika screamed.
"MY BATHROOM!"
"Sorry about that, I'll help fix it." Ken said soothingly, and Arika nodded.
"Okay, but my parents had better not find out about this."
"Heh, don't worry. I'll take care of it." He looked at the rest of the group.
"Well? Are you gonna let me get changed or what?" The group decided to back off. Arika was the only one left.
"I'm sorry about the room, I hope I can make it up to you." Ken said.
"Hmph, well..." Arika blushed, Ken nodded earnestly.
"Take you out to dinner? Sure." Ken then closed the door, leaving Arika staring at it, stunned.
"Okay..." She said quietly, then went to the kitchen with everyone else.

OOC: *blinku blinku* I thought we were at David's house...

"Destiny?"

Destiny groaned slightly and cracked an eye open. "But mama I don't want to go to school today..."

Christian laughed quietly from where he was kneeling next to her. "Demon vanquished. But I'm taking you home, you need some real rest."

Destiny tried to sit up. "But, but..."

"You're not going to help anyone if you get completely exhausted and those burns on your back get infected. Now come on, we're going to your house."

Destiny looked up at him through her eyelashes. "Carry me? Pleeeease?" She had the saticfaction of seeing Christian blush, and she giggled. "Don't worry, I promise not to pass out, you need directions to my apartment anyway. Are you sure Arika and Ken will be all right while you're gone?"

Christian looked started. "Me? I'm not coming back here. I'm staying with you, of course."

"Baka..." Destiny mumbled, but she was flattered dispite herself. "Of course you're not. You're needed here."

"The moment I leave you alone you'll be up and attempting to hunt demons." Christian said, exhasperated. "I'm staying with you,a nd that's final."

[size=1][color=indigo][i]Arika watched as Destiny and Christian left for Destiny's house. She wondered whether to tell David or not. They were probably busy. She grabbed a disinfectant spray and sprayed it on the couch before wiping the blood and sitting down on the couch. She turned the T.V. on with her telekinetic powers. She changed the channel to MTV and watched Karaoke. She heard footsteps and saw Ken come downstairs. She turned and watched him come down the stairs. She looked back to the T.V. and waited for any sound of danger or something. She wondered how long it would take David, Ki, and TJ to get the tape and get back here. She was getting worried.[/size][/color][/i]

"Hey," Ken said to Arika.
"You worried about something?" Arika turned and looked at him.
"Yeah, just want to make sure everyone else is all right."
"Well, they are busting property and destroying media info." Ken admitted, Arika looked at the ground.
"I think they'll do fine, they have powers too y'know." Ken amended, Arika looked at him.
"You think they'll be okay?"
"You want me to go ask them?" Ken replied, with a touch of sarcasm.
"Stop being so insensitive." Arika got up and headed upstairs, leaving Ken staring at the spot where she was sitting. He then called up after her.
"You know, we could try helping them out, maybe bust a few demons, how 'bout it?" He heard the upstairs door slam, he sighed and turned off the TV, and began reading "The Vinyl Cafe" again. Ken wondered why he could read people so well, even himself, since he reads "The Vinyl Cafe" whenever he is stressed out about something. He sighed and dropped the book, heading outside. He picked up a handful of pebbles and threw them at Arika's window, hoping to get her attention...nothing. Ken sighed and strolled down the street, he noticed that it was getting dark. He walked down a few blocks before he gor the feeling he was being watched. He spun around and saw a monstrous yellow moth fluttering in the sky just behind him. He drew his gunblade, what else could go wrong today?

Christian was unsure of exactly what to do with himself once he got to Destiny's house. Although, he had to admit, he was secretly congratulating himself for getting there at all. Those were some smooth lines he'd dropped.

Destiny left him in the living room while she went to her bedroom to get ready for bed. It was extremely late, and though he hadn't stopped time or anything, Christian was getting pretty exhausted himself. He sat on the couch, trying to resist the urge to pry into Destiny's things while she was doing ... whatever she was doing. Finally realizing he was desperately thirsty, Christian helped himself to a glass of water from the kitchen, and poured an extra one. He walked upstairs, unfamiliar with the surroundings.

"Destiny?" he called out, and she walked out of her bedroom.

"What are you doing up here?" she asked. She didn't sound as annoyed with him as she usually did, though.

"I just thought you might like a glass of water," Christian said, offering it to him. Destiny smiled and took it.

"I'm pretty exhausted," she said, as they both stood awkwardly on the landing of the stairs for a few moments. "I guess I should just go to bed."

"Me, too," Christian said. "I can sleep on the couch."

"I'll get you a blanket," Destiny said, and was back in a minute with a soft pink fleece. Christian took it with a raised eyebrow, and Destiny laughed.

"So, Destiny," Christian said. "About that kiss when we were fighting the demon --"

"I told you," she cut him off impatiently, "it was necessary."

"I know it was necessary," Christian said. "But was that all?" Destiny hesitated. Realizing she probably didn't quite trust him yet, Christian hastened to say, "Because, well, I kind of liked it, personally."

Destiny looked away and a smile crossed her face. "I guess I kind of liked it, too," she said. They were both silent.

Christian was at a loss for words. Not knowing what else to do, he leaned forward and gently dropped a kiss on her cheek.

"Good night, Destiny," he said, and went back downstairs to sleep curled up in the fuzzy pink fleece. Destiny looked after him for a moment, then retreated to her room.

They had no idea how long they'd slept when an unearthly shriek awoke them both.

[size=1][color=indigo][i]Arika sat at near the window ledge. After a while she heard a loud buzzing, she opened her curtain and saw Ken battling a large yellow moth. Opened her window and jumped out grabbing the moth's attention. It looked to her and went after her, it gave Ken time to use his power. Arika closed her eyes and suddenly a misty fog appeared. The moth was caught in the middle of it and started to flinch. Arika opened her eyes and held her hand palm up and waited until a large dark ball appeared. Arika looked to the moth and looked at her ball. It grew larger, it stopped growing and she threw it to the poisoned moth. It weakened it and it fell to the ground triyng to get up. Ken looked to it and stabbed his gunblade into it. It disappeared and Ken looked back up to see Arika walking off inside. She stopped and turned and noticed she was very, VERY close to him. It felt like everything stopped. She laughed and started to blush. She turned to say she was sorry, but soon found herself and Ken...[/size][/color][/i]

"Bwah?" Destiny seemed to be saying that more and more lately as she rolled over, tumbling out of bed in the process. "ITAI!"

"Destiny, you okay?" she heard Christian call from downstairs. Moaning she pulled herself back onto the bed as he came upstairs and cautiosly poked his head in the door, wary of thrown pillows or other such objects. "Destiny?"

"I'll be okay in a minute," she whimpered, rubbing gingerly at her lower back. "What was that?"

"Oh, gee, three guesses." Christian said sarcasticly. "Demon, demon, or demon?"

Destiny smiled slightly, pulling the blanket tighter around her and suddenly very aware that she was wearing nothing but a tanktop and shorts. "So are you going to go kick its butt without me?" She pretended to pout.

He mock-saluted. "I gotta, it's my destiny to fight demons!"

Destiny groaned at the bad pun and waved him off. "Go kick its butt all over the city, then come back and give me every detail!"

"'Kay!" he said cheerfully, running for the stairs.

"AND PUT A SHIRT ON!" Destiny hollered after him, finally letting herself blush. She heard him laugh, and then flopped back onto her pillow. "Oh dear God..." she muttered. "How do I get myself into these things..."

Ken looked up at Arika, and smiled.
"Are you all right?"
"I should ask you."
"Thanks for your help, I'm sorry about what I said earlier." Arika blushed.
"That's okay, I overreacted. A little."
"How about dinner, maybe a movie, and then we can forget all this happened?" Arika smiled and nodded. Ken nodded back.
"Then I guess it's a date." Ken started to turn and leave, but Arika caught him on the shoulder, turned him around and kissed him. Then she blushed, thinking about what she had done. Ken smiled, then let her down the stairs and out into the street.
"So, where do you want to go? What's your favorite restaraunt?" Arika smiled and rested her head on his shoulder.
"It doesn't matter."

(David, TJ, and Ki appear in front of Arika and Ken)
David: Hello.
Arika: David! You startled me!
TJ: We needed a fast exit, and I know this area well enough for a direct teleport here, so we I transported us out.
Ken: Did you get the tape?
David: Yes, but then a newswoman rushed in, saying something to the camera crew behind her about more reports of attacks. We had no choice. We destroyed all the broadcasting equipment-without using our powers-but the newswoman called security. TJ was disableing the security cameras and saw us on a monitor. He got us out before we had to fight.

Christian grabbed his shirt, threw it on, and ran out of Destiny's house with more than a little apprehension. He hadn't actually fought a demon on his own ... well ... since they started popping up, and it was weird to finally be alone. Without even a weapon. He fleetingly wished Ken's gunblade or even Destiny's staff, just to have something in his hands that he could hit with.

He didn't have to look far for the demon. This one was in the form of a rather oversized snake, and Christian spotted it slithering in front of the house next door to Destiny's. The shriek, unfortunately, seemed to have come from the human woman who was cornered by the snake.

"Don't move!" Christian shouted as he jumped the fence of the house and ran towards the snake. Pulling his fist back, he closed his eyes and electricity jolted through his body. The snake hissed and turned, and Christian nearly fell over, because its eyes were a familiar hideous bright blue ...

Shaking off the strange feeling, Christian grabbed the snake by the neck and plunged his fist forward into the snake's head. The electricity he'd stored up shot through both his hands and into the snake's body, which jolted and jerked desperately as it was electrocuted. Christian let go at last, and the snake dropped to the ground.

Christian looked over to the human woman. She had fainted dead away.

"Maybe she'll think it was a dream," Christian muttered as he hurried back to Destiny's house. She was waiting for him, still dressed only in her tiny pajamas, but thankfully she'd pulled a robe around them so that he wasn't quite so distracted.

"What happened?" she asked the second he neared her.

Christian described the fight briefly. "How are you feeling?" he asked. "Are you any more rested?"

[size=1][color=indigo][i]David, Ki, and TJ looked to Arika and Ken. Then they looked at each other and just left for David's house. Ki turned to Arika and spoke with her away from the others. She needed to know what was happening...and where she and Ken were going.[/size][/color][/i]

[size=1]"So...where ya goin'? Hmmm? It's a nice night, and me, TJ, and David find you two going somewhere. You two aren't doing anything stupid are you?"[/size]
[size=1][color=indigo]"Ken's taking me out. Movies and dinner. It's his way of apoligizing. He ruined te bathroom. So, he was sorry. And no...we aren't doing anything stupid...but just so you know, Destiny and Christian are together. They're with each other. Destiny's hurt, but she'll be alright. And if anything comes up, I'll contact you, ok? Don't worry. I can handle myself...I'm a tough girl...who knows how to kill. *laughs* I'm just kidding. But I will contact you...and yes...I will tell you [i]EVERYTHING[/i] about it. So, I'll see you later, ok? Later!"[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=indigo][i]Ki caught up with David and TJ and left Arika and Ken walking down the street. Ki just smiled and walked with the two. Arika and Ken walked off to somewhere.[/size][/color][/i]