OtakuBoards

The eternal Question " How the hell do women think?!"

Guest XBebop

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]I think women are treated very badly these days. I'm not a woman or gay or anything I just think people treat women very badly. Like an item or something. It sickens me. They are people. Treat them like people. [/B][/QUOTE]

VS.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Taylor Hewitt [/i]
[B]I think women are treated horrible! They are treated as items by men. All through history in canada and us among other countried women are slaves and treated like dirt.

[SIZE=4]IT SICKENS ME.[/SIZE]

For those of you who treat women badly shame on you. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's the same stuff. There's no reason to repeat it with a couple different words.

Considering all the time you spend speaking about your personal problems that have nothing to do with the topic, derailing threads that are otherwise going well, bringing back old ones and patting yourself on the back... you have no room to talk.

Hell, what you just said could be regulated to a PM anyway, so I suggest you follow your own advice.

Besides, this is a thread about what women think... not the social injustices against them for really the entire existance of the human race.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Taylor Hewitt
I said be quiet. Peach head. I was referring to how this topic is like saying. How to animals think. This thread treats women as if they are something nobody understands.

[size=1][color=darkblue] The whole idea that people in general can be classified and generalised into a category that allows people to find similarities in their behaviour is beyond me, and in my opinion, its a load of crap. Yes I said it but look at society these days, even music has began to revolve around the fact that women are used as tools. (Gangster Rap especially)

Like Semjaza has stated that it goes beyond the limits of human integrity, or something like that, I completely agree, and I fully support that anyone can be who they want to be. Obviously people feel they need to 'follow' things like a sheep but that is a pathetic act and I feel that the whole idea of 'cool things' is going too far. So the government go and blame it on other non-realistic existences for this, for example, the reason a murder was commited.

Well that is beside the point anyway. I feel this whole term of ''How people think'' is something that will never be explained of people in the world keep to who they are. This is just my opinion however, so please do not slap me with a cold fish. It'd hurt for one thing.

Taylor I'm not going to seek down to the level of 'acting as a moderator' or anything like that, and this goes to anyone who has been following his ways at going off topic to begin to flame. I feel that your respect for this thread is very good, but lets be real, it has gone too far. I think all Semjaza was trying to do was do his job, I think many of us are aware that you've just been racking up posts. 'Peach head'? What does that have to do with the thread? Just a minor and random insult.

Well anyway, I feel the whole generalisation thing is what debates are focusing more and more on everyday. I'll respect anyone who thinks otherwise.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pressure [/i]
[B][color=silver][size=1]Well, it's impossible for men...blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

Nothing is absolute.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Well, let me say one thing right now: Pressure, nearly every single word that you posted is just purely ignorant on this topic. I like Semjaza find it so very ironic that you sit here in your sig saying your list of intelligent people when you can't even have the decency and the understanding on topics like this. Plus, if you are intelligent, post like it. Spell words correctly, which you seem to sometimes stumble about. Not to say that you are dumb, but what you have posted in this topic seriously angers me. I hate things being desensitized like this and to this extent. And I hate people claiming things which aren't the fact of the matter just so they can look big and strong.

Now, that aside, I shall get my dime in on this quarter.

Men and Women probably do think differently, but think about it. Nearly every single man and woman, or animal on this entire planet thinks differently than one another. So who's to say each woman and each man think the same, or near there, in absolution? No one. That's right.

Not a single person.

We all don't have the same mental compacities as one another. Each of us learn differenly. Each of us habitually behave differently than one single person. And each of us, then, think differently on all mental levels nearly as one another.

Basically I don't care the way women think. Or how. That doesn't matter. That's generalizing this thing racially almost. Like Man and Woman is like being Black or White. And that's not right.

You just need to see that no one thinks the same, and that it's, as Semjaza put it, impossible to be certain about anyone or anything in this question's topic. So that said, I don't know how women think. I don't know how men think for that matter.

Thinking is supposedly just chemicals and messages being sent back and forth through the brain. Blame that if you want for the way women think. I'd like to think it's something more eloquent than that.

So the bottom line is it doesn't really matter to me. For every man not one thinks the same. For every woman not one thinks the same. For every man and woman not one thinks the same there either.

Men are not smarter than women. Women aren't smarter than men. I don't see that as an issue. Anyone can be smart if they want to.

And smartness and intelligence is a whole different topic than this one. Basically I will say that everyone is smart with something in their lives.

My Grandpa is a great talker, and he cuts hair. I am a good writer and poet. Tony is great at computer art and things. Ginny is great at drawing her emotions into an image. It goes on and on. That's intelligence right there. It's not being better or anything like that.

That's enough there.

Taylor Hewitt, Tony was simply pointing out you said the same thing again. Like you're trying to get more posts, or something. That's called spam, posting for no reason. As has been said, it's redundant. Don't do it again. And don't go so off topic and insult Tony. He's simply stepping in where it's his place.[/size]

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Sorry Semjaza... or Tony. I was off my rocker. I forgot that I already posted here. I apologise. But what I said still goes. About women.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pressure [/i]
[B][color=silver][size=1]Well, it's impossible for men to ever know how women think. Women are naturally born more intelligent. [ This is why we've been suppressed and degraded for centuries][/b][/color][/size][/quote]

Um, no. You can blame the plow. lol

Inequality between the sexes can be attributed to society's evolution. If you check your history, you'll learn that men and women held equal roles in hunting and gathering societies. But, as civilization moved towards agriculture, and physical strength became important towards the role of producing goods, inequality between the sexes began to develop. Of course, an agricultural society isn't nomadic. Meaning, once people settle, they expand--and different societies clash over land. Thus, creating war. Armies are built on brute physicality. There you have gender discrimination.

I know that this is obviously off topic and we're supposed to be discussing how women think. Yet, I think it's important to point out that gender inequality isn't a product of man's inferior intelligence. It arose out of society's male roles being held in higher regard than the female's.

[quote][B][color=silver][size=1]Keep always in mind, that I said there are no absolutes, therefor, this does not apply to all men. For example, Harlequin is ridiculously intelligent, as is DeathKnight.[/color][/size][/B][/QUOTE]

Hm, isn't the word "therefore?" I obviously require some female guidance here. I mean, my mind just isn't as developed as yours. ^_^

Anyway, someone said it well on the first page or so. Both men and women behave differently because of the roles society has imposed upon them. Women are told how to behave and men are told how to behave. I doubt there's much of a biological difference in the thought process.

[quote][b]I think women think about the future more than anything. First, they analyze you for your looks, then they care about the other things. But, their thinking is correct. How could you possibly have a relationship with someone who you find non-attractive. I don't care if the person was a superman in all other areas, if he is ugly to you, then it won't make a bit of difference. And women always think about their future with particular men, even if they intend it to be a short relationship or a fling.[/quote][/b]

Yeah, a lot of people think along those lines. Many sociologists believe that women are more concerned with security and such. But, I doubt that many men seriously pursue lazy or irresponsible women for long-term relationships. And, most of what you're saying is irrelevant. Males aren't interested in relationships with people they aren't attracted to, either.

[quote][b]I said be quiet. Peach head. I was referring to how this topic is like saying. How to animals think. This thread treats women as if they are something nobody understands.[/b][/quote]

O_o;;

I think you're reading too much into this. There's always a certain fascination between the sexes. There have been movies about it! If anything, I think it's funny how you made certain to stress that you're neither a female nor "a gay."

But, I digress.

If you're that offended by this thread, then I suggest not responding to it instead of trying to turn it into something it isn't (an attack on women).

I thought the whole point of the thread was men simply not understanding how the opposite sex works, specifically in terms of friends and male/female relationships. Not all of this other stuff that seems to have arisen out of it.

As such, I don't really see what's so offensive about the idea. Everyone knows most men simply don't understand women on those levels. It's true in the opposite way as well. Hell, a good deal of the women posting in here are less offended than some of the guys... so who knows.

I think the real question for the title of this topic should be...."What the hell are Taylor and Semjaza thinking". LoL you guys all crack me up, i like the constant bickering.

Anyway though....Charles where did you come up with that. That is a pretty good outline on what civilization is all about and how it express the roles on gender. Just think about it. Like you said earlier, we were once hunters, born to kill to survive or be killed. With that in mind we were obviously carnivores (trust me keep reading im going somewhere with this), using sticks and stones as weapons to attack animals. Our ancestors would basically stalk their prey and form a [U]target[/U] on their victim.

Its also like that in today's society. We're not like other creatures in which we dont overlook the surroundings. Instead we look for something as a target and keep our eyes on that target.

Same thing goes with guys when they look at women. We find a girl that we like and keep a target on her, trying to make sure she doesnt get out of our site. Same thing goes for women when they find an attactive guy. So what im trying to say is we were born this way right from the start, its sorta like an instinct that was passed on by our ancestors a long time ago. We look for something we like, keep an eye on it, and try to approach the other sex cautiously making sure they might not see us looking at them sometimes. Curse our ancestors.

Look it depends on their personality. There are preppy women who have been like that since they were kids and just didn't change. So they would choose a guy by looks and most of them aren't really smart. Then there're the goths who figure that nobody really understands them and that there is no point to life or even finding a man. Not all of them are like that though but, quite a few of them are how ever. The working mom intends to find a man that they consider to be decent and they know won't be a jacka**. There are also the ones who are shy and don't they are pretty and the biker chicks who travel around on motor cycles like guys only getting their kicks every now and then. There's the b***h who you never want to cross and if she likes you then your in luck to be considered a guy she would want to date. Then their are the smart ones who are very attractive and for some reason most guys think they're a supid. At least until they figure out that they won't play their game. These women intend to go by looks and personality. More of personality then any thing else. Unless I'm wrong I believe they act like this from an early age ,around teenage years, and they seem to go for the mature older males. Like 28 and up. Well these are a few things that women are like. In other words their just like men. All of them have their own personality and think differently.

the question that can never be truly answered cuz if u ask em they wont say the truth or the whole truth an d the way their actions and what they say are always kinda twisted so we will never know. Maybe if we ask some gay guy he might have some insight

• 6 months later...
[QUOTE=lea2385]>.< like from my expiriences with guys, guys mostly care about physical...if you got big boombooms, and a good whooha, then, your set to get whomever you like >.-
someone tell me i am wrong (and really mean it)[/QUOTE]
Don't worry. I have a 15 year old boy cousin, and judging by some of the girls I saw him date, your wrong. :p

[quote name='foreverinfinity']Don't worry. I have a 15 year old boy cousin, and judging by some of the girls I saw him date, your wrong. :p[/quote]
[SIZE=1]Please don't bring back old threads in this forum. This discussion died long ago, and any was built on shaky ground to begin with. [/size]