OtakuBoards

What's the best love song that you've heard?

Demonic Angel

[color=indigo]There is quite a wide range of love songs?everything from falling into to falling out of can be encompassed I guess. I guess I?ll pull a High Fidelity, here are my top five love songs for this given moment in no particular order. I guess most of them are not about love but about love lost?

Garth Brooks- [b]The Dance[/b]
Derrick and the Dominos- [b]Bell Bottom Blues[/b]
Rolling Stones- [b]Wild Horses[/b]
Pearl Jam- [b]Black[/b]
Cravin Melon- [b]Silk Sunflowers[/b]
[/color]

[size=1] This one's for Tony.

Pixies, "I've Been Tired."

Or maybe it isn't.

I'm just not a love-song person...eh. :twitch:

I would choose some sick, masochistical song. Something like a masturbation song or something, just to show my conceptions of a great love song. It has to be something raw and sick and...yeah.

lol.[/size]

[size=1][color=maroon]I must agree with wrist cutter and others - "Unchained Melody" is classic. An old favorite of mine, to be sure.

Otherwise.. I really like "Hopeless" by Sister Hazel, and "Mad Season" by Matchbox Twenty. Though they're not really conventional love songs.

And of course, just about anything Frank Sinatra sings. Especially "Strangers in the Night," and "I've Got You Under My Skin."[/color][/size]

I have a bunch of favorite love songs, so I'm not sure how to narrow it down...the few that come to mind right now are "First Love" by Utada Hikaru, "Missing You" by Fly to the Sky, and "More Than Words" by the Extremes (is it? I'm not sure). I also really love "Underneath It all" by No Doubt, "I Won't Spend Another Night Alone" by the Ataris, and loads of stuff by Mariah Carey ^^

I've Been Tired rocks.

I'm thinking I should add upon my orginal post. I didn't say as much as I would have liked.

I don't have a soft spot for normal love songs at all... however, I do love the morbid (and often sarcastic) love songs that many bands have done.

I Put a Spell on You is a very good example. I doubt many people think about it like it was originally intended anymore... especially with Bette Midler singing it in Hocus Pocus. Screamin' Jay Hawkins did the original version (which has an awesome backup line). My favorite version is by (surprise) Marilyn Manson.

Marilyn Manson actually has quite a few love songs, although many are not traditional. Sweet Tooth is one of them, and also another favorite of mine. It's about a rather abusive relationship, but that's why I like it heh. A good example of a more traditional love song by the bad is The Last Day on Earth, which is really a beautiful song.

Keeping with the theme... I'd also mention Possum Kingdom by the Toadies and Happy Child by tweaker (with Will Oldham on vocals -- he's an awesome, dark-minded country singer). Both seem to basically be about murdering the person they love, simply because they don't want anyone else having them). The Toadies also did Tyler and Jigsaw, which are also good examples.

Anyway, I've always been into the evil-minded, morbid and sarcastic love songs out there. I'm not about to kill anyone though........ heh.

Anatema and I had a small conversation about some Smiths stuff too. There's plenty of great examples in there. The Cure too, actually.

Puscifier did another great one... the name escapes me though.

I guess it's about time I post in here. I've always been a sucker for a good love song. Sometimes even a bad love song.

I'm gonna have to go with "Emotion" by the Bee Gees. Let's face it, they put out some good love songs, and "Emotion" is one of their best. It's not just about heartbreak. It's about how the heartache remains, even after a long time. Okay, so maybe the relationship is over in the song. The singer is still in love. I think Destiny's Child did a nice cover, by the way.

Wow, fave love song...
"I'll Stand by You" by The Pretenders is really good. I get all weak... :nervous:
"I Just Died in Your Arms Tonight" by Cutting Crew was my "song" w/ my ex-boyfriend. It's kinda cheesy and a little too 80s-ish considering we went out in 2002. lol
I also really like "Yellow" by ColdPlay, but I think what really drew me to it was seeing an Escaflowne music video to it... Hmm...
Ok, last one: "I Want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You" It's from The Mask of Zorro, right at the end. It's [i][b]beautiful!!![/i][/b]
~art~

oh jeez...i thought i had this figured out until you guys started reminding me of all these songs i love!!:S

Ok...All my life by K-ci and Jo Jo
Last Kiss by Pearl Jam
Savage Garden?well I think all their songs are love songs?and I like them?
I Could Not Ask For More by Edwin McCain
Mad Season - by Matchbox Twenty (whom I love just about everything they sing)
The Last Song and Ciggarette Song by All American Rejects...i think those count
Lullybye by Billy Joel
Goodbye by Def Leppard (and a lot more that i can't remember)
Rest in Pieces - by Saliva (more of a love that was lost song...idk)
I'd do anything - Simple Plan
Best of Me - The Starting Line
Best I ever Had - Verticle Horizon.............OYE! Look what you got me started on...sheesh...pretty soon i'll start my own newsletter....

[COLOR=deeppink]*gets hearts in her eyes*
Love songs Oh I have a few of those:
[b]Ice Cream[/b]-Sarah McLachlin (can't spell) It's one of the first songs i ended up singing with my husband over the phone.
[b]Moonlight Destiny[/b]-Peach Hips (they play it at the end of The Sailor MoonS movie)
[b]Last kiss[/b]-Pearl jam
[b]Boys Of Summer[/b]-the Ataris
[b]Breath, If My heart had wings, Let's Make Love, There you'll be, Cry,[/b] by Faith Hill
[b]Every Heart[/b]-BoA
[b]Say Anything[/b]-Good Charlotte
[b]MAde of Steel[/b]-Our Lady Peace
I have more, but it's late![/COLOR]