OtakuBoards

Names

Patronus

[size=1]I know what you're thinking. [i]This is a spamalicious topic.[/i] Well, if you follow instructions, it won't be.

What are your favorite names? Why? Where did you first hear them?

[center][u]Boys[/u][/center]

[list]Tai- Well, I heard it on Digimon first, but didn't start liking it until I saw Tai the carpenter on Trading Spaces, then I was "That's a sexy name." So, yeah.

Matthew- I've heard this all my life, and liked it. It feels like the person is "calm' and "soothing", and it appealed to me.[/list]

[center][u]Girls[/u][/center]

[list]Setina- First heard it in Moulin Rouge. She was played by Nicole Kidman, and the name just...shouted out to me.[/list]

I don't really have any other girl names...so...what're yours?

-L/Z[/size]

[size=1]

[b]Boys[/b]
[Russ]-I first heard this name from my friend, Mallory. Her older brother's name is William, but I heard her call him Russ. It caught my attention pretty quickly. I thought the name was [i]so[/i] cool, everyone thought I was a lunatic.

[Satoshi]- Japanese name, of course. Heard it from the anime series DN Angel....he was some evil, genious type boy. :D Doesn't it have a nice ring? Satoshi. ::walks away saying Satoshi::

[/size]

[color=royalblue]Boys: Kennan and Laurence. Why? They're just....different. I don't meet many Kennan people and I have met only one Laurence in my lifetime.

Girls: Trance and Iris. Why? I love Trance music in general, and think it's a cool name to boot. Iris because it's my absolutely favorite flower.[/color]

Boys' names:
Michael and James (And no I'm not buttering up OB James, I just like the name).. Michael seems to be a family name, it's my uncle's name, and my grandpa's name... And James.. Just sticks out for me.

Girls' names:
Rebecca and Jenna. I'm really not sure why I like ANY names apart from Michael.. They just pop into my head when I think of "What would I name a child of mine..?"

:sweat: For a 12-year-old, I live WAY too much in the future.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raiha [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Boys: Kennan and Laurence. Why? They're just....different. I don't meet many Kennan people and I have met only one Laurence in my lifetime.

Girls: Trance and Iris. Why? I love Trance music in general, and think it's a cool name to boot. Iris because it's my absolutely favorite flower.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I go to school with a Kennan,a ver annoying obnoxious kid,never name any of your kids Kennan,ok?lol My friend has a baby brother named Laurence,and there's always the old dude that works at Giant Eagle...

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]*huggles the topic*

[b] [u]Boys:[/b] [/u]

[b]Orlando:[/b] (;p) Mkay, not only do I love this name because of the actor, but I've always liked it since one of my classmates in the first grade was named 'Orlando'. It just rolls off your tongue, and I like saying 'Orli'. Such a cute name, and it kinda reflects their personality somehow. ^^;

[b]Justin:[/b] My first boyfriend from the second grade. All the boys named Justin tend to look nice, too. oo;

[b]Jaron:[/b] Also a nifty name. I first heard it when I moved to San Francisco, actually. Until then, I only knew a 'Jared', but when I first heard the name 'Jaron', I absolutely loved it.

[b] [u]Girls:[/b] [/u]

[b]Ashlee:[/b] eee! I love this name SO much! It's so cute, and this is my favorite spelling for it. I first saw it spelled this way when I began talking to Rain. Such a great name. *huggles*

[b]Demi:[/b] It's short, and simple. Not to mention, it can also work as a Korean name. But I love how it's simple and pretty, and the actress is pretty, too.

[b]Satine:[/b] Also from Moulin Rouge, played by my favorite actress. It's so pretty, and Ilove how it plays on the word 'Satin'. Maybe I should name my daughter 'Satine'... Though, I'm not sure if she'll like the fact I named her after a courtesan... :shifty:;

[b]Celia:[/b] Such a kewl name. It sounds really kewl, and I like it somewhat better than 'Cecilia'. Not to mention, it's my cousin's name. ^_^

-----

[b]Edit:[/b] Ack! I can't believe I forgot these. ^^;;

Celestine (girl)
Rele$B!&(B(girl)
Laitina (girl)
Kimberly (girl)
Isis/Iris (girl)
Keira (girl)
Lalaith
Darrel (guy)
Johnny (guy)
Tony (guy)[/color] [/size]

My favorite male name would be Clank. Why? Because its my name, Its also very unique, nothing like it. As far as I know...I am the only Clank in this world...and Karne...That is one of the most original Medieval names I have ever heard.

As for women...I dont choose favorite Women names, but I have one..Leena, It is also unique. To me, most of the Leenas' I know...which are...4! , have an outstanding personality. Well...to me anyways.

Thanks for the support! There is a funny story behind my name...I grew up in a big surfing family..and most of us had Surfing names. My cousin had the name Rip-tide, but his real name is Roberto. My cousin Zack is Hang-ten. You can image the the rest. Gnarly, Wave, Tubular...You know...Think of a 70s-80s awesome slang and someone in my family is probably nicknamed that... Well..My parents really couldn't find a real name that fit me, so they decided to name me by my surfing name. Lucky for me, I love surfing, so my name wasn't a shame. I like my name...Its unique

boys:

-kevin-(dont know why)

-jarick-its just a cool name!

girls:

-chihiro-japanese name (spirited away!)such a cool movie by the way. the names the coolest!

-charlotte-(my name!) i think its cool.

-tevaya-(it was my camp leader's name)its so different and i've never met anyone else with that name before.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SilpheedPilot [/i]
[B]Short form of post... [/B][/QUOTE]

So what is your name then? lol

I don't really ever thing "wow, that's a nice name." Names never really mean all that much to me, and I tend to forget most people's as it is. I'm not good with them. I'm good with faces.

In any case... I don't have a favorite boy name. Personally, I think my name is rather strange. "Tony" just looks bizarre to me, and it's weird to say it.

I like a couple girl names though. Colleen is the first one. I dated a girl with this name, but I've always really liked it anyway.

The other is Artemis. It sounds odd, but I came across a girl named this a couple years back. After I heard it said a few times, it actually grew on me. I assume she is named after the Goddess of the Hunt of the same name. I think it's a beautiful name, personally.

I'd probably name my kid one of those two, assuming she is a girl... and assuming I have one.

Guido Burrito is always good too.

Generally, I like names that aren't [i]too[/i] common. I know about 100 Michaels, Johns, Jennys, and Tiffanys. I just couldn't see myself naming my kids those.

[Boys]
[b]Kevin[/b] It's my name.
[b]Cyrus[/b] I don't know why, but I just like this name.
[b]Sean[/b] Part of my middle name is Sean. I like it.
[b]Hendrix[/b] After Jimmi Hendrix. It's difficult as hell to get a decen nickname out of that (Drix, Hen, Hendy) but I still like it for some reason. If I had a son (and my wife approved), I probably would name my son Hendrix. I'm weird like that.

[Girls]
[b]Cameron[/b] My neice's name is Camryn (same name, different spelling), and it's a really good name.
[b]Jordan[/b] This [i]was[/i] going to be my neice's name. They decided against it, so now it's up-for-grabs if I ever have any kids.
[b]Tina-Marie[/b] During the 1980s, Teena Marie was the "Queen of Soul." A singer.

I'd never name my child Tina, though. I have nothing against people named Tina, but the name has no meaning. It's a nickname taken from names ending in "tina" or "tine" like Christina or Satine. Look it up.

[COLOR=red][B][size=1]Well...what the heck....

Boys:
Austin:....it's my name....*.*

Ki:I'll change my name to this....when I'am 24....

Girls:
Sakura:It is cherry blossom in Japanese...and it is really cool....

Juuthena:I...don't...know...why....must...name child after this....

Melfina:Well...ever sice Outlaw Star,I liked this name....Mel-Fi-Na^_^

Okay..that's all....I don't really like alot of boy names....I don't really don't know why...[/COLOR][/B][/size]

I'd have to say my favorite guy names are...

Zack, Koji, Xero, and Dannerrio

Zack: well i'm really not shure. mabey it's because it starts with a Z

Koji: I'm going to name my first kid this.

Xero; cause the Z is replace with an X

Dannerrio: *blushes* this was the name of my imaginery freind.

Girls...

Azuri: I really like the name 'cause, Well I dunno it sounds cool spoken.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SilpheedPilot [/i]
[B]Thanks for the support! There is a funny story behind my name...I grew up in a big surfing family..and most of us had Surfing names. My cousin had the name Rip-tide, but his real name is Roberto. My cousin Zack is Hang-ten. You can image the the rest. Gnarly, Wave, Tubular...You know...Think of a 70s-80s awesome slang and someone in my family is probably nicknamed that... Well..My parents really couldn't find a real name that fit me, so they decided to name me by my surfing name. Lucky for me, I love surfing, so my name wasn't a shame. I like my name...Its unique [/B][/QUOTE]

... :worried: ... What do your teachers say?

Teacher: John

John: here

Teacher: Susan

Susan: here

Teacher: Clank... CLANK!?

And um... How is Clank a surfing name?

[size=1][b]Boys:[/b]
Gareth - My history teacher just had a baby last month. In class she'd tell us her name ideas. This one was my favorite. It also reminded me of Garet from Golden Sun.

Darius - Again, my teacher's name ideas. Darius, King of the Persian Emperor. At least he was..for a short time.

Ray - I just like the way it sounds. Names with "R" are cool. I have a friend named Ray, although that has nothing to do with it.

[b]Girls:[/b]

Jennifer - Dunno. It's a pretty name. Not too short or chopy. And it's the name of my favorite actress. (Jennifer Garner! Yahoo!)

Kierra - Heh. Girls swoon over Orlando Bloom. So this should be self-explanatory if you think hard enough (Lol!). But like I said before, names with "R" are cool.[/size]

My 2 favorite names are...

(boy) Seth: I like it because I derived it from the name "Sephiroth" from FF7.
(girl) Nell: It is the name if the girl from the TV show "Bickman's World" Nell is the name of Max Bickman's daughter, and she always talks about controversial issues such as neo-facism, surrogate motherism (if that's a term), abortion, and so on. I find that pretty cool, and I like the sound of the name.

[color=#707875]Hm...it's funny; I know that there are names I've heard that I've really loved. But for some reason I can't think of them off the top of my head. o_O

In any case, I can think of people that I know with semi-weird names. Clank isn't so far-fetched. ~_^

For instance, a friend at school is called "Beam". Her name is actually shorter for something much longer...as she's from The Phillippines. But we've only ever heard her real first name once. lol Everyone just calls her "Beam". It's cool; it suits her. Hehe

And then there's my mother's friend, who called her daughter "Nova". That was kinda weird, but it's a name that grew on me when I kept using it. So I kinda like it.

But yeah, I can't really think of names that I love off the top of my head. It's weird, because I know that there are some names that I really like. o_O[/color]

Malik, Jonathan, Steven: All guys I've liked at some point or another. That's the only real reason. Sad, ain't it?
Jared: I knew this guy named Jared and he was one of the sweetest guys I've ever known.
Marlin: funny guy I know.
Sani: a kid I babysit.
-----
Nichole: one of my best friends. Makes me think of someone calm, cool, and collected, but who can be a fangirl when she wants to.
Alexandria: my name. I don't know why I like it some much, but I do.
Marion, Venus, Serena, etc: sports stars I look up to.
-----
I also like the names of deities, spirits, that kind of thing. Ebisu, Eshu, and Loki are a few.