OtakuBoards

Names

Patronus

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SilpheedPilot [/i]
[B]My favorite male name would be Clank. Why? Because its my name, Its also very unique, nothing like it. As far as I know...I am the only Clank in this world...and Karne...That is one of the most original Medieval names I have ever heard.

As for women...I dont choose favorite Women names, but I have one..Leena, It is also unique. To me, most of the Leenas' I know...which are...4! , have an outstanding personality. Well...to me anyways. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dude, that sounds like that little robots name in Ratchet and Clank. Ha Ha, your named after a vidoe game robot, not thats a bad thing.

Wow! Everyone here except James poked fun of my name!
For all comments made I had logical answers!
Here I go...

[B]Semjaza[/B]-My name is Clank...That is my name, its what people call me, thats what is on my Birth Certificate. That is my real name.

[B]Jubei[/B]- Its a surfing name, because....well...There is no logical explaniation here. I have never actually sat down and thought about my name I kinda lived on thinking "Well, hey. My name is Clank, the only Clank out there...I'm pretty slick."

[B]Daigo[/B]I haven't actually played that game..never looked appealing to me.

[color=b60039]Hm..haven't really thought about the subject...so here goes, off the top of my head...

[b]Boys:[/b] James, William, Michael..all those oldie names that everybody likes.

[b]Girls:[/b]Ariel, Laurell, Hayley (what can I say, I like my name), Alexandra, Rayne, Elle, Ella...kinda weird names. Well, fits me, i'm weird. :)[/color]

[color=blue][font=arial]hmmm.....

BOYS
Jakobin- One of my friends names is Jakobin (he goes by Jake) and its not too common a name

Samuel-I like the old names...quiet

GIRLS
Iris- Raiha gave me the idea, and I like the song from Goo Goo Dolls

Lauren-Had a good friend named Lauren...everyone I've met thats named has been a really good friend to me...maybe its a stigma I'm associating with it[/color][/font]

BOYS-
Gohan- It kinda grew on me after watching DBZ so much
Jay, Jason, Joey- I like names that start with J for some reason...
Ryo- It just sounds cool.
Sephiroth- I wanna name my first son after the universes greatest villain!
Kage- I really love this name, don't ask why.

GIRLS-
Sora- It's pretty. (And is Japanese for 'wind')
Kira- I don't know... I saw it once and fell in love with it
Nova- I have a cat named Nova...
Mada- I have an online friend who goes by the name Mada and I liked the name

[FONT=arial]my 3 favorite girl names would be (in order)

Julia: it just sounds like a pretty name. makes me think of how Julia in Cowboy Bebop looks (see avatar to your left).

Eve: makes me think of Eden and beautiful, green nature.

Emma: a girl I know at school has this name, and she's really funny, nice, etc. the name's grown on me since then.

Rebecca is my next favorite. at one point I liked the name Aelan, but every time I saw it the word 'alien' came to my mind, so I dropped it.

my 3 favorite boy names are (also in order)

Sean: I had a friend at school with this name. really crazy, nice guy. liked the name ever since. I can't stand the spelling 'Shawn' though; makes me think of drawn-out Southern talk.

Adam: also had a friend at school with this name. plus I just really like it. nyeh.

Christopher: I don't really know why I like this name. guess it just sounds good ^_^.

I also like the names Jeremy and Timothy. but everyone who I've told about the name Timothy says they think of some shrimpy little kid that gets beat up all the time 0_o.

I can tell you a couple of names I [i]wouldn't[/i] think of calling my kids. they consist of words like Rainbow, Cookie, Bambi, and Eugene. no offense to anybody with those names though, of course ^_^'.
[/FONT]

Boys:

alec- love it cos its scottish (i think) and its the hot guy from dark angel.

dacian- cos its fantastical sounding and dace is a cool nick name.

Girls:

jaime- its just so pretty

eden- i know i'd like to be named after a utopian garden.

[size=1]I love names.

[b]Jael.[/b] [Female.] This is Biblical, actually. The woman named Jael lured a man into her tent and killed him with a tent peg...or something to that effect. It's been a while since I read that. But it was an interesting little bit of scripture, and it caught my memory.

[b]November.[/b] [Female.] [i]November[/i] makes me think of grey skies and deadened trees, and a girl with a long scarf and a warm coat making her way home through the wind. I think that's wonderul imagery. I like the way it sounds, as well. [I could dissect the sounds and what I get out of them, but we'll leave that for another time.]

[b]Dunia.[/b] [Female.] This should mean [i]universe[/i] in Swahili. It's a great word. It makes me think of a cool sand desert, at night, with a million stars in an endless deep sky.

And the last one for right now would be [b]Clandestine,[/b] female, for someone else's reasons with which I simply agree. ^_~[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara[/i]
[size=1]And the last one for right now would be [b]Clandestine,[/b] female, for someone else's reasons with which I simply agree. ^_~[/size][/QUOTE][size=1]That was [i]me[/i]!!! ^__^ I cannot really remember if I had any actual reason for liking the name (well, the word, actually) other than it has a cool definition: "Kept or done in secret, often in order to conceal an illicit or improper purpose." Then you said it reminded you of the word "pristine", which was ironic. Yup yup, fun times. Though one could get some horrid nicknames from it. They could take the "destine" and start calling the person "destiny"... o_O I would have to open fire if that happened... >.>

[u][b]Boys[/b][/u]

[b]Darwin[/b] - It is just a damn cool name. That and it relates to the thoery of evolution, which coincides with the idea that we came from primates. Primates appeal to me, thus this name does as well. It would be rather funny if they turned out to be really religious, haha. =P

[b]Davey[/b] - *cough* Yes, after Davey Havok. Though, I would just keep the actual name as Davey. It would not be short for David (though it is not really short for that anyway being that they are the same length).

That or just anything rather unnatural or bizzare. I know of a guy named Cord, and that is just cool.

I have only really had one idea for a girl's name, and that was stated above. ^__^;[/size]

[b]Boys[/b]

Andrew - One of my friends has that name and I thought it was a cool name. No really special reason as to why I like that name.

Conor - one of brother's old friend's name. When I first heard name, I was like "Wow, that's different." I like that name because it's a name I don't hear often and it's a cool name.

Ryan - I hear this name often, so I don't remember where I first heard it. I like that name for no special reason.

[b]Girls[/b]

Kairi - I first heard this name in Kingdom Hearts. Heh, I fell in love with this name when I first heard it.

Sakura - Heard it from Cardcaptor Sakura. Again, I liked it because it was different.

Mia - Hmm, I can't really remember where I first heard it. Anyway, I think it's a cute name.

Jenna - Again, I don't remember where I first heard it. But, I think it's a purdy name.

::rubs hands together, and cackles manically:: Ahhhh yes, this is a topic I can go for...

[u]boys[/u]

[b]Coby Eli[/b]- Daniel came up with Coby, and the more I thought about it, the more it grew on me. I get this picture of a little boy with blond hair and big blue/green eyes when the name "Coby" comes to mind. The name "Eli" comes from two sources; one is this adorable little boy with the same name and the other is this 20-year-old friend or sorts with an interesting story of a past who's name is also Eli.

[b]Ammon Joseph[/b]- The name "Ammon" is the name of a great Book of Mormon prophet, and Joseph also has a lot of religious links that make me want to name a future son after it.

[u]girls[/u]

[b]Zoë Victoria[/b]- I've always liked the name Zoë, even though most people are like, 'that's a weird name, why do ya like that name?'. Well I just do, I read a neat-o book when I was in fifth grade and the main character's name was Zoey, but I like the "ë". I guess it's kinda stuck with me through the years. Victoria is for Tori; yes if I have a daughter in the future I am going to name it after my beloved friend Tori, aka Queen Asuka.

[b]Lacey Gwen[/b]- Lacey is also another friend of mine that I've known for over a decade, but sadly haven't gotten to speak to much. After I moved to Georgia from Utah in third grade we wrote and kept in touch throughout the years. The last time I saw her in person was when I was in fifth grade. Nevertheless, we have a unique bond and I've liked then name "Lacey" (and the spelling) since then anyway. "Gwen" is truthfully from Gwen Stefani. I've always thought she's was a pretty interesting individaul, and her name isn't too common. That alone made me like it. So, I just decided the two names would sound good together, thus the origin of "Lacey Gwen"! lol

Hey Clank, I think your name is very cool!
It's different and I like that.

I must say that, I'm not trying to offend anyone or anything:( but, I don't like common names or names that are considered very common.
It's not really the name itself I don't like, it's just the fact that I've heard and seen it so much that I just don't get it, if you know what I mean and you probably don't.
My name is sort of one of those common names but, I don't know that many Krystle's, then again, I am the 3rd Crystal in my family.:eek:

Anyway, my point is I tend to and really like names that I think are different. One of my siblings' names is, Justice, I'm serious. Justice, isn't a name I especially like but, it does distinguish him from 'Justin's'.

[B]Marctavius[/B] (mark[B]'[/B]-tayvee-iss) or (mark[B]'[/B]-tayvee-uss), is my adorable little cousin's name. If you're used to saying it, it will come out, (mar[B]'[/B]-tay-vee-is)
He is the sweetest little boy you could ever meet, or at least I think so. I had never heard this name before he was born and I'd always thought it was different but, I don't know where it came from.

[B]Nakuru[/B], as in Nakuru, Kenya. It sounds so pretty/nice.

[B]Sabriel[/B], from the book [I]"Sabriel"[/I] and then there's her father's name which is his tilte, Abhorsen.

[B]Tobias[/B], I always thought was a cool name because of the way it sounds.

[B]Mavin[/B]/Maven/Mavyn, it means expert and it sounds so different and I've never met or heard of anyone named this.

even though im only 13, Iv actually thought about this question before

Boys -
Karl
Thomas
Zeke (My 2nd cousins name is Zeke)
Adam (not after Adam)
Nick (Not after OtakuSennen)

Girls -
Zoe
Kia
Sam
Jess

[size=1]

[b][u]Boys:[/u][/b]

[b]Max:[/b] I first heard this name on Yu-Gi-Oh. Maximillion Pegasus. It stayed in my head for a bit. When ever I think of this name I think of a cool kid. The popular guy.

[b]Matt, Matthew, Matholimu:[/b] It was one of my friends names. I didn't start really liking it untill a couple weeks ago when it just clicked in my head.

[b][u]Girls:[/u][/b]

[b]Reveille:[/b] I love this name. It makes me think of someone beautifull. I like long names, I don't know why. But this name is awsome! ;)

[b]Amy:[/b] I don't know why I like this name... [/size]

Girls:

Kahlan- I heard this name in a favorite book series i read. I love this name.

Clara- I watched a movie once with a girl in it named Clara. I wish to name my daughter, if i have one, this name.

Sondra- It's just odd. Only heard it like twice in my life.

Boys:

Chris- Its common, but i've for some reason grown attatched to it.

Kit- actually, this is a nickname for Chris.

[COLOR=blue]
First...the quotes...
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=ff00cc] [size=1]
[b]Celia:[/b] Such a kewl name. It sounds really kewl, and I like it somewhat better than 'Cecilia'. Not to mention, it's my cousin's name. ^_^[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]
I've heard, "Cecilia" before but never, "Celia". I like Cecilia better.
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
They just pop into my head when I think of "What would I name a child of mine..?"
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]
The same thing happens to me. ^_X
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wondershot [/i]
[B](boy) Seth: I like it because I derived it from the name "Sephiroth" from FF7.[/B]
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]
Shall I bursteth thy bubble?

On to the names!

[U]Boys:[/U]

[B]Sebastian:[/B] I don't know why, but I really like this name a lot. (Maybe it's because I rarely hear it.) It was in some song that went, "Sing sweet Sebastian, sing the sweetest song" or something like that. (Beautiful song by the way.) I also like the nickname, "Bastian".

[B]Dominick:[/B] I like this one because it's different as well. Its nickname is "Dom" but I always think of Domino.

[B]Conrad:[/B] I don't like this one as much as I used to. It sort of reminds me of the word, "comrade".

[B]Chance:[/B] This name would probably be made fun of too much. I've only heard of this name from the actor, Chance Michael Corbitt.

I thought there were more than that...oh well, onto the female names.

[U]Girls:[/U]

[B]Cecilia:[/B] This name just seems to roll of my tongue. Also, one of my favorite songs is about a girl named Cecilia.

[B]Hope:[/B] Normally I don't like names like this, but I knew a nice girl with this name.

[B]Cara:[/B] I don't know why, but I had never seen this name before. I thought the spelling was kind of interesting.

[B]Eleni(sp?)[/B] :p I can't even spell one of my favorite names. I've never heard of or met anyone with this name. I just thought it looked interesting.

As with the boys, I thought there were more names I had in mind...oh well, I'll just edit later. :D
[/COLOR]

Boys:
Akira- Sounds pretty cool, an anime type name.
Rheo, Ryo, or Rio- Not because it's my name, just because I like the flow of it, and it's different from names you'd hear often.
Girls:
Amber- I dunno why, but I just like this one...
Courtney- Its a good name I think, just like the sound of it.