Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, what do you think?

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/grief_line.jpg[/img]

This is Auron just after recieving his famous scar--and that is [color=red][b]blood[/b][/color] falling from his hands. I'm PS coloring this as you read this. I'm quite excited already by how well the image came out.

(Now if I can just figure out why my computer keeps scanning in those horrid shades of pale yellow. .:cross:.)
Posted
Its cool despite to the fact you cant seem to see him in real pain. And i mean in like pain like "Ow! Argh! Youch!" and not in "Oh no! buhuhuhuhu" *cough*.
Ehm yeah change that. But o.t.t its really good. ^-^
Posted
You guys are HARSH tonight, :p.

And he's not crying--that's [color=red][b]blood[/b][/color] dripping from his wound. This is how he got his scar, as I pointed out in my first post. :p again.
Posted
Ehm yeah i kinda didnt mean him with the crying lol. I meant it has an example. hehe. I'm not THAT n00b >.> I read posts first lol
(almost extreme O weeee :p)
Posted
[size=1]I like that..he doesnt look in pain to me for some reason, just depressed O_O. Heh, my scanner picks up half the colors on my colored pics, its sooooo annoying. All in all, good job.
Posted
Oh wait. His right hand is small and you can see his thumb while its supposed to be on the other side lol. Alexa's right, he looks depressed =/
Posted
Well I think its pretty good. The only real problem I see is the right hand thats held up to his face. I just think it looks odd, but it could just be me.:D

Looking forward to the colored version.
Posted
Thanks, all, and--

Thumb? Wha? *peers at picture* If by right hand we both mean the one covering his face, then you can't see it. O.o You got his smallest finger (pinky?) across his brow, then the ring finger next to it. Maybe you mean the palm and the gap between hand n face. *feels playfully silly*
*sorta feels like bawling, too*
I so hope the colored version comes out better...
*trundles off*

But thanks everyone, I seriously appreciate you all commenting on the image. :)
Posted
[size=1] You guys are nit-picking it too much. :P Even thought that's what I love to do...

But I'll stop myself this time and say that the picture is great. The ink you used really suits your art, and it looks very clean yet detailed. Nice job, Ginnylyn.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]That's incredible, Ginny. I was really struck by this image. I did think he was weeping, at first, which may have accounted for it...it seems like a very emotional stance, although I imagine getting sliced across the face would also have that effect.

I have to comment on the robe, or cloak, or whatever it is, just because it looks good without bringing attention to itself. *tilts head* If that makes sense to anyone. /

Post the colored version the second you're done. [/size]
Posted
*salutes, and smiles thankfully* Yes ma'am!

(At the moment, I've got the base color done. I need to add shadow/highlight, colored lines, and background.)

Thank you all. *smiles* I needed this encouragement.

~EDIT~
Well, just wanted to give you all a headsup on how this pic's coming. I've got half of it shaded and colored. I just have to color/shade the other half, add the background, and viola! I'm done. ^^ *is quite happy* I especially like how the feathery tassel came out.
[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/akeldama_WIP.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/akeldama_WIP.jpg[/url]

As for the jaggedy edges, those won't be there in the final product. This is a WIP, after all. :D
(Had to stop--though I didn't want to--'cause "Akeldama" just hit 25M in PSD form, and it's threatening to crash my computer.)
Posted
I love your lineart and the way you drew all teh foldes and everything *o*... the legs are weird though, cus if they are legs, they sure look like swollen blobs of rotten stuff, and if they are not, as someone has said, the pose will be ..off.

but i love it though :D. I hate my scanner. it just skrewed up windows a few days ago so i had to reinstall it -_-''
Posted
Mweh, the legs...I blame the fabric of his pants. ^^;

Here we go--nearly done image. I still have some stuff to tweak, mainly shadows--and no, I don't know how his tail got so freaky fuzzy. O.o Also, the spot where the blood hits his knee looks...wrong... Once I get all that worked out, I'll add the background and be done! *SQWEE!*

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/akeldama_WIP2.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/akeldama_WIP2.jpg[/url]
Posted
O___O *saves and steals* That is amazing! I love the shading. Somehow though, the hiar looks like the tuft of white hair on his clothes.same texture or whaatever. It doesnt look hair-like. ^_^ what did you use, mouse or tablet?
Posted
Once again, he looks exasperated, but that is an awesomly awesome piece. Keep it up!!
*rants on how she can never be that talented*
If you don't mind me asking, how did you do that shadows, the ones on the folds? And the color?
Posted
OK, so it wasn't exactly how I originally imagined, but I learned a few new tricks, refined a few old ones, and got more ideas for future art. (I'm planning to do one where Auron attacks his memory...for those of you that remember that scene. ^^)
I [i]seriously[/i] love how the pyreflies came out. And it only took 5 minutes to do that part! O.o

All together, the time on this project was
Drawing: 1 hour (lots of torn pages and start overs)
Inking: 25 minutes
CGIing: 6 hours
7+ hours. Golly. O.o

[img]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/akeldama_small.jpg[/img]
[url]http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/elementis/akeldama_small.jpg[/url]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...