OtakuBoards

How did you get into TheOtaku???

Break

Well, how???

i was searching for cheats and tips on Zelda DX for GBC. and Absolute Zelda came up (?) aparantly this was a sub-directory from TheOtaku in v2.0.....but they don't do Zelda stuff and only do Anime now, don't they?

Well...I was surfing links through anime sites one night about a year ago and I came across [url]theOtaku.com[/url]. I went to it occasionally for tips on Zelda and midi files from DB/Z/GT. Then somehow I moved my little mouse over to the forums button on the main page(remember the one with the little smileys)and that on January 18,2001. I registerd as KAMAKAZI(the misspelling was on purpose..the all caps was a f* up on my part) and here I am today.

-Justin

well i was searching around one day a close to a year ago and i found this wonderful place called Absolute GameBoy(later renamed to the otaku) i was searching around and went into a place called forums or was it message boards, dunno, and there i saw a chat like place. the first ubb i ever been to.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Saiya-jin [/i]
[B]Just browsing around...and what do yaknow..I came up on this thingamajiggy here...LOL [/B][/QUOTE]

Same with me.....Im like wow this looks kewl oh there is a msg board. Lemme register!:D

[b]I was looking for a good DB/Z/GT site,..and my GB friend told me that absolutegb.com had a section about it...
Anyways,..absolute became TheOtaku, and I still visited everyday..and then Adam posted about his forum,..I didn't bother..
then when OtakuBoardsv2 was advertised by him,..I thought: 'Hell, why not?'
So I came,..and stayed,..and so on..[/b]

I was looking for some help in my Zelda DX game and i came accross Absoultegb.com this place. after about 2 and a half minutes i noticed a DBZ section. I started to look at the pics section and down loaded a few on my computer. Then i noticed something near half way down the page while just lookin' for some more stuff in general. I came accross "Forums". I clicked on it. I just read lotsa the posts and thought "so this is what a forum is" then later i joined. This the first UBB i ever went to. And also became a mod around christmas and just decided to stick around. And here i am.

It was posted at GF once.... i clicked, actually, myself and Altron had known each other before, and then we both registered and he did his little Recca Wars (probably around the time I was in NY) and I was posting before but not much so when I got back from NY I started posting more, and made friends with important people :p and others and here I am now :)

I was only a DB forum person before... now I'm both sort of.... and occationally more forums

[color=deeppink]Well, my story is actually kind of neat, heh :)

While looking for Link's Awakening Zelda help, I stumbled upon the Otaku.com's section for Zelda...and found that they had wonderful walkthroughs to refer to if I got stuck!

One day, a month or so later...I got stuck...so I dug up the Otaku link and headed over there. Well, it said something about being temporarily down for maintanence..."but please visit our forums..." I believe it said.

I was in dire need of help, so I registered on v2 as BabyGirl (couldn't really think of a good name, and I didn't think I would stick around long) and started to post in Zelda.

So it ended up I helped a lot of people, and recieved a lot of help back. It took me a while to venture out into the world of general discussion, but when I did, I became the addicted dork I am today.

So yes! Isn't that just fascinating?[/color]

Um... I was just searching for some Pokemon/DBZ stuff on Yahoo and then I saw the original PokeCheats site. And I started visiting and then after a while I noticed the forum advertising thing (the new one). And I went through and read some stuff and decided to register. Um... Yeah... I think that's the whole story... Before I was on another Forum but that site was down and I couldn't get into it, that's why I decided to register here... I think...

(sorry but I have bad memory sometimes)

My friend is a real GB freak, and this one time i was over at his house, and i saw absolutegb.com... I didn't have a gameboy, nor did I like Gameboys... But one day, I was hella bored, so i visited the site... I checked back every week or so... (NOTE: This is where I first learnt about Gundam wing... o.O) ...My friend had moved on, but I continued visiting the site... Then, one day, I was visiting another Message board i used to go to (but was, erm... Banned from...), when I had a brilliant Idea for an RPG... So, I checked to see if absolutegb.com had a forum... By this time, I realised it was called 'theOtaku', but nonetheless, I went in, clicked on Forums, and signed up in early March to Otakuboards v1... I posted my first topic/post; 'Dragonball Battlefield' in G&S... :D

And I've been here ever since. :p

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i hate to admit this... BUT... i was stuck on Oos... ya now the dang lost forest part... i did it once... but musta not lol... and i did a "oracle of seasons walkthrew" search... and it took me to a page in the v2 forums that had a link to another site, it took me strait to the page lol nothing else was like i have never seen it take me INTO a forum before maybe the main page but never a page lol... i remember soapskilz and masterfork were there... and i read lol and then beat Oos... i had posted a response to someone lost in dungoen 2... and then ultima did his little forum and i became admin there... along w/ TN i believe lolol... and i was kuja there cause i got sick of all the worshiping people did to FF 7 and 8 since they have no class system therefore are fake so i changed my name here... i remember thinking how cool ginny (sylvia) was and to this day have a crush on her still, too bad she dont get on so i can hit on her more often... and i remember the wet t-shirt thing w/ HMP (aka french butterfly) got me a good 150 posts that day hehe... i remember babygirl when she was helping in zelda... when zelda was a helpful forum not the BS it is now... dang spammers finnally got there... was better w/ no mod than it is now w/ me lolol
i remember when james got active and eventually made me a mod of GB (thou no one went there lol... i did 2 things while i was there... edit my post... and delete someone elses lol)
i remember the crash of v2... and i had to stay up all night figuring out what was going on... and then james made me a mod of all the forums :) got to read the staff forum there it was cool
then we came here and i was asked what forums do i want.. hehe took 3 of 4 i was gonna be most active in (dont wanna be toooooooo greedy now do we?) thou im practily the 4th telling TN what to delete all the time lol
now i tend to stay away from GD it lost its appel to me... but the other forums have good threads once in a while and in between i just edit peoples cussing that isnt sensored and scare one spammer away a month... new month any volunteers?

but i joined for zelda lol... wow that was an off topic post wasnt it?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I have been going to theotaku.com long before I registered on the boards, something like october 2000, I was searching for zelda sites on yahoo.com and theotaku.com appeared, although due to my short attention span, I didn't notice the otakuboards.com logo until early may 2001....

Guest Mr. Shiny Happy
I came looking for a topic "coincidence bar" posted by a guy called The Laughter Of Stock, cause he posted them on loads of sites and said the main HQ was here. I couldn't find the thread for a while, and got used to these boards. Turns out the thread is empty. Where is he anyway. He hasn't been on any boards lately.

Guest Imsirion
One cold lonesome night, young outlawstar_14 was surfing yahoo, starving for anime, yet...dying... But Alas!!! up came a link to theotaku.com...thank god...:D ( a bit theatricle dontcha tink???):rolleyes:

Well, one day near the end of March this year, I saw someone from my class on the internet, and posting on a site. I watched him for a few minutes, and then asked him what the boards were about. Interested, I remembered the URL and got onto the site the moment I got home.

I looked around at OtakuBoards Version 1. for a few days, then registered on April 5th. My first post was in Flash's 'DB Battle Field', and I've continued on posting here ever since...

I was just surfing for DBZ pics then i stumbled upon theotaku.I only visited it once and i went on the forums,but i didnt know what it was.(lol)Then i finally discoved what is was i came back and registered,lol