Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Well, how???

i was searching for cheats and tips on Zelda DX for GBC. and Absolute Zelda came up (?) aparantly this was a sub-directory from TheOtaku in v2.0.....but they don't do Zelda stuff and only do Anime now, don't they?
Posted
Well...I was surfing links through anime sites one night about a year ago and I came across [url]theOtaku.com[/url]. I went to it occasionally for tips on Zelda and midi files from DB/Z/GT. Then somehow I moved my little mouse over to the forums button on the main page(remember the one with the little smileys)and that on January 18,2001. I registerd as KAMAKAZI(the misspelling was on purpose..the all caps was a f* up on my part) and here I am today.

-Justin
Posted
well i was searching around one day a close to a year ago and i found this wonderful place called Absolute GameBoy(later renamed to the otaku) i was searching around and went into a place called forums or was it message boards, dunno, and there i saw a chat like place. the first ubb i ever been to.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Saiya-jin [/i]
[B]Just browsing around...and what do yaknow..I came up on this thingamajiggy here...LOL [/B][/QUOTE]

Same with me.....Im like wow this looks kewl oh there is a msg board. Lemme register!:D
Posted
One day I want to search for DBZ, I go to yahoo.com and type in DBZ, and click search. I just click on Absolute DB/Z/GT and I get to this theotaku.com. I click on forum and I got here.
Posted
[b]I was looking for a good DB/Z/GT site,..and my GB friend told me that absolutegb.com had a section about it...
Anyways,..absolute became TheOtaku, and I still visited everyday..and then Adam posted about his forum,..I didn't bother..
then when OtakuBoardsv2 was advertised by him,..I thought: 'Hell, why not?'
So I came,..and stayed,..and so on..[/b]
Posted
I was looking for some help in my Zelda DX game and i came accross Absoultegb.com this place. after about 2 and a half minutes i noticed a DBZ section. I started to look at the pics section and down loaded a few on my computer. Then i noticed something near half way down the page while just lookin' for some more stuff in general. I came accross "Forums". I clicked on it. I just read lotsa the posts and thought "so this is what a forum is" then later i joined. This the first UBB i ever went to. And also became a mod around christmas and just decided to stick around. And here i am.
Posted
It was posted at GF once.... i clicked, actually, myself and Altron had known each other before, and then we both registered and he did his little Recca Wars (probably around the time I was in NY) and I was posting before but not much so when I got back from NY I started posting more, and made friends with important people :p and others and here I am now :)

I was only a DB forum person before... now I'm both sort of.... and occationally more forums
Posted
[color=deeppink]Well, my story is actually kind of neat, heh :)

While looking for Link's Awakening Zelda help, I stumbled upon the Otaku.com's section for Zelda...and found that they had wonderful walkthroughs to refer to if I got stuck!

One day, a month or so later...I got stuck...so I dug up the Otaku link and headed over there. Well, it said something about being temporarily down for maintanence..."but please visit our forums..." I believe it said.

I was in dire need of help, so I registered on v2 as BabyGirl (couldn't really think of a good name, and I didn't think I would stick around long) and started to post in Zelda.

So it ended up I helped a lot of people, and recieved a lot of help back. It took me a while to venture out into the world of general discussion, but when I did, I became the addicted dork I am today.

So yes! Isn't that just fascinating?[/color]
Posted
Um... I was just searching for some Pokemon/DBZ stuff on Yahoo and then I saw the original PokeCheats site. And I started visiting and then after a while I noticed the forum advertising thing (the new one). And I went through and read some stuff and decided to register. Um... Yeah... I think that's the whole story... Before I was on another Forum but that site was down and I couldn't get into it, that's why I decided to register here... I think...

(sorry but I have bad memory sometimes)
Posted
My friend is a real GB freak, and this one time i was over at his house, and i saw absolutegb.com... I didn't have a gameboy, nor did I like Gameboys... But one day, I was hella bored, so i visited the site... I checked back every week or so... (NOTE: This is where I first learnt about Gundam wing... o.O) ...My friend had moved on, but I continued visiting the site... Then, one day, I was visiting another Message board i used to go to (but was, erm... Banned from...), when I had a brilliant Idea for an RPG... So, I checked to see if absolutegb.com had a forum... By this time, I realised it was called 'theOtaku', but nonetheless, I went in, clicked on Forums, and signed up in early March to Otakuboards v1... I posted my first topic/post; 'Dragonball Battlefield' in G&S... :D

And I've been here ever since. :p
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]i hate to admit this... BUT... i was stuck on Oos... ya now the dang lost forest part... i did it once... but musta not lol... and i did a "oracle of seasons walkthrew" search... and it took me to a page in the v2 forums that had a link to another site, it took me strait to the page lol nothing else was like i have never seen it take me INTO a forum before maybe the main page but never a page lol... i remember soapskilz and masterfork were there... and i read lol and then beat Oos... i had posted a response to someone lost in dungoen 2... and then ultima did his little forum and i became admin there... along w/ TN i believe lolol... and i was kuja there cause i got sick of all the worshiping people did to FF 7 and 8 since they have no class system therefore are fake so i changed my name here... i remember thinking how cool ginny (sylvia) was and to this day have a crush on her still, too bad she dont get on so i can hit on her more often... and i remember the wet t-shirt thing w/ HMP (aka french butterfly) got me a good 150 posts that day hehe... i remember babygirl when she was helping in zelda... when zelda was a helpful forum not the BS it is now... dang spammers finnally got there... was better w/ no mod than it is now w/ me lolol
i remember when james got active and eventually made me a mod of GB (thou no one went there lol... i did 2 things while i was there... edit my post... and delete someone elses lol)
i remember the crash of v2... and i had to stay up all night figuring out what was going on... and then james made me a mod of all the forums :) got to read the staff forum there it was cool
then we came here and i was asked what forums do i want.. hehe took 3 of 4 i was gonna be most active in (dont wanna be toooooooo greedy now do we?) thou im practily the 4th telling TN what to delete all the time lol
now i tend to stay away from GD it lost its appel to me... but the other forums have good threads once in a while and in between i just edit peoples cussing that isnt sensored and scare one spammer away a month... new month any volunteers?

but i joined for zelda lol... wow that was an off topic post wasnt it?[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
I have been going to theotaku.com long before I registered on the boards, something like october 2000, I was searching for zelda sites on yahoo.com and theotaku.com appeared, although due to my short attention span, I didn't notice the otakuboards.com logo until early may 2001....
Posted
I was looking for any Otaku conventions in Cali and I stumbled onto theotaku.com...I didn't really want to join the boards yet until a friend from another board talked about it...took up interest...and now here I am.
Guest Mr. Shiny Happy
Posted
I came looking for a topic "coincidence bar" posted by a guy called The Laughter Of Stock, cause he posted them on loads of sites and said the main HQ was here. I couldn't find the thread for a while, and got used to these boards. Turns out the thread is empty. Where is he anyway. He hasn't been on any boards lately.
Posted
[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]if i remember that thread was closed about 100 times... and he was banned cause he is a pain in the butt lolol[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
Posted
one of my guy buddies told me that theOtaku had some good DBZ pics, so I checked it out. then it got temporarily shut down for vs. 2.0, so I checked out the Boards since that was the only thing that worked.
and here I am today:D
Guest Imsirion
Posted
One cold lonesome night, young outlawstar_14 was surfing yahoo, starving for anime, yet...dying... But Alas!!! up came a link to theotaku.com...thank god...:D ( a bit theatricle dontcha tink???):rolleyes:
Posted
Well, one day near the end of March this year, I saw someone from my class on the internet, and posting on a site. I watched him for a few minutes, and then asked him what the boards were about. Interested, I remembered the URL and got onto the site the moment I got home.

I looked around at OtakuBoards Version 1. for a few days, then registered on April 5th. My first post was in Flash's 'DB Battle Field', and I've continued on posting here ever since...
Posted
I was just surfing for DBZ pics then i stumbled upon theotaku.I only visited it once and i went on the forums,but i didnt know what it was.(lol)Then i finally discoved what is was i came back and registered,lol
Posted
I was looking for Digimon pics and it was under the search engine. They didn't have much pictures but they had the message boards and I have been here ever since...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...