OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

I have just finished the Trigun series, kind of late eh? It took a couple of weeks to actually get the episodes onto the computer from the internet, but i've finally finished. This remains my favorite anime, at least from what i have seen in the past.
Im fixing to buy the manga since i saw it when i was renting movies.

You all are talking about Wolfwood, hes one of my favorites.He is an excellent character, and it was a shame [spoiler]that he died[/spoiler]. Like Japan said, he did bring something to every episode he was in, bringing more into what was seen.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You?re right in some ways, about Wolfwood, and how it took surprise to the fans out there. But when Wolfwood did [spoiler]die[/spoiler], it threw a huge wad of suspense into the show, which I liked, but I think it would have been better if he [spoiler]lived[/spoiler]. But it did all build up into the end, [spoiler]by how Vash avenged him, using the cross to finish off Knives.[/spoiler]

Man these spoilers suck?lol.

• 1 month later...
[QUOTE=NoName]

i know that this off topic but if you like Trigun and you think its like the best thing ever (like me :D) then you should go to the site oh yeah if you dont like kid rock then you might not want to go to this site:

AND TRIGUN RULES

LOVE AND PEACE :D[/QUOTE][COLOR=#503F86]NoName, please don't post like that in future. Posts not relating to topics are spam, as are ones made singly to advertise other websites. I suggest you take a look at the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL].[/COLOR]

Guest Legato898
[COLOR=DarkRed]I thought the series was an awsome series tho a little to short but other than that it was cool but the main character vash could get a little annoying at times the whole thing with legato was cool seeing as how he is my favorite character and some of the weird weapon style things were cool like the demons eye I thought that was really originol and i would love to see what happened after the last episode with vash and knives they should really contimue the series! :devil: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Thank you very much for taking the initiative to delete your second post; I really appreciate it. However, would you mind adding a few periods here or there? They'd make your writing far easier to read.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

I thought the series was realy good, not the best, but it's definantly one of my favorites. i liked the last part of the series with all the drama. i realy liked the characters (except for vash), my favorite is Knives the anti hero. although i didn't like the way the series ended, i think it should have been more dramatic, like the should have killed each other.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I really enjoyed the first few episodes, with Vash being all goofy and yet badass. But as the series went on and became more focused on the underlying plot, it became LAME-O. If I want a moody superhuman character with a mysterious past, I'll go with Wolverine. And the Gung-Ho Guns all sucked (well Legato didn't), especially the Horn Freak that guy was just ridiculous. Vash is cool and Wolfwood is cool (and Milly is cool too) but the rest of the characters were very blah, as was the overall plot in my opinion. And don't get me started on Meryl's 100 tiny stupid guns. Her coat would weigh over 100 lbs.

I liked the show, (and actually I like it more than Cowboy Bebop) but I can't say it's fantastic by any means. Like with a lot of anime, there's great characters and great ideas but that's as far as it gets. At least for me.

[size=1][color=navy]I would recommend then, Sciros, to take a look into the Trigun Mangas. Currently in Japanese, Trigun 1,2,3, and Trigun Maximum 1 - 10 is out. The first three books, Trigun, basically follow the same storyline as the anime. Maximum 1 through 10 takes a completely different path from the anime, exploring the difference between the plants and the humans, not to mention they delve much deeper into each of the characters, especially members of the Gung Ho Guns. There are a few different characters as well. The two GHGs in the anime, Chapel the Evergreen and Caine the Long Shot, are replaced with Livio the Double Fang and Razlo the Trip of Death. In any case, the Trigun Anime is a worthless piece of **** compared to the Manga. Before you give up on Trigun, give the manga a chance.[/size][/color]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I once wrote this long thesis about Vash symbolically being Jesus Christ, with Rem representing the Virgin Mary, Meryl as Mary Magdolyne, Wolfwood as an apostle, Knives as Satan and the Gung-Ho Gun as demons. If you think of the story as a religious alagory, sort of a re-interpretation of the story of Christ, it adds a slightly different level of interest to the story.

I think you could convert more people to Christianity with the ideals of Trigun than watching a man get the living #$%& beat out of him for two hours.[/color][/size][/font]

Guest ScirosDarkblade
Vash the Stampede, if you ask me, is a lot like Superman. They have similar convictions. Both are superhuman, both don't kill out of principle (naive perhaps...), umm that's all I can come up with without thinking about it, but I'm sure there's more, especially if I B.S. But really I think they're kinda similar. But Superman is way way cooler. Anyone who hangs out with Batman is cool by association.

I'm interested to know which VASH people like more--goofy donut-eating-while-running-from-mobs Vash or the deadly serious crybaby Vash. I see them as sorta two different people, though honestly I'd be the exact same if I were in his shoes. Whenever I wrote stories about my "Sciros" character, he ended up alternating between goofy and badass much like Vash (but I've been writing those for a looong time, and I've only watched Trigun recently).

So then, I like the goofy Vash more. I was a bit upset once he stopped being goofy and started crying and brooding a lot instead.

Hey, considering how old he is, wouldn't it be hilarious if Vash had the mentality and behavior of a "grumpy old man" even though he looks about 25-ish? I think if done properly it could be amusing.

[FONT=Tahoma]Vash is usually shown as a goofy character, but there is a lot of depth, and I like the mix a lot. Vash is very sensitive with high regard for living a decent moral life, but constantly seems to doubt himself, looking for others opinions (esp Rem). He is quite anxious, and actually a bit quick tempered. But even with peccadillos, Vash just seems to keep trying. so hard., with passion and concern for people. I think the goofiness is something to cope with tension (after all, if you goof out, its hard to cry in pan when everyone is laughing out loud-- you begn to catch that yourself) (I empathize with Vash quite a lot on those points) Sciros has a good point, it is fun to think of the characters in settings beyond the series. Sort of like the "Grumpier Old Men " idea. I wonder what vash would be like in a setting of living with his friends in a current day setting. What occupation would Vash have, as well as the others? I think Trigun everday setting could be interesting. [/FONT]

:flaming: Okey, I need to now what is happening in Trigun. I don't have cable, cause my parents took it out, and I don't have muce muney, it dozn't grow on trees, so I'm staying with'em. I need to now if its over or not. "I need to now". I'm going crazy with allthis suspense. I need to now if [spoiler]Vash ever uses his famous Angle Arm? Does someone die, except for Wolfwood and Lagato, I now that Vash kills Lagato and then Wolfwood gets killed by that tall strange guy, don't now his name or anything. The thing that I don't get is why Wolfwood went back to that church, I think its cause of thouse kides he was supoused to protect,[/spoiler] or something like that. :o

[COLOR=Navy]Sieg, you could have just ruined the show for some innocent OBer. Please use surround any sensitive information with spoiler tags; they can be created simply by typing [*spoiler]text[/spoiler], minus the asterisk.

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

Calm down Sieg. Take a deep breath.
Adult Swim is going to put Trigun back on to its program on April the 17th! I am really getting impatent too because I missed it the first time it came on Cartoon Network. If you really want to know what happens to Vash and to the story, private message me to find out websites that have a episode guide.

Don't worry, AS will rerun it once the show ends it's run the first time around... It's kinda like AS's thing now... Besides, you could try to talk some of your friends into taping it if they have cable/satellite. Take me for example, I tape WHR and InuYasha for two different friends and give it to them at the end of the week... Though with the new AS line up, it's going to be a little tricky to get the tapes out to my friends at the end of each week.
Anyway you shouldn't get all worked up over it... Friends and the internet and sites like this... All will be good.

Guest Blechy
Does anybody know the name of the song played at the end of Episode 23 of Trigun when the "stuff" happens?

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your thread with the original Trigun thread. Try running a search for existing threads before starting another one- you might find the answer to your question already in there. You may need to be more specific when you say 'stuff', as well. If you don't want to reveal anything about the plot, use the [*spoiler] and [*/spoiler] tags (only without the asterisks). -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Sorry, I did indeed find the song. It's called Rakuen, and plays during [spoiler]wolfwood's death.[/spoiler]

• 1 month later...
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=royalblue]Legato Bluesummers, one of the evilest Trigun characters there is. One thing I can't find is his age. Does it even say how old he is in the manga/anime? I haven't seen any manga, but I've seen [i]every[/i] episode of the anime and they didn't say it once. I've even spent about an hour searching Google and Ask Jeeves and I haven't seen it [i]once[/i]. Does anybody know Legato's age? It would really help![/color][/size][/font]

I love Trigun how he feels he must always save the day yet dreads to spill another mans blood and how he tries so hard not to kill, but to end the conflict in the most peaceful manner.

The one thing I have a problem with is will there be a second season of Trigun cause I do believe he doesn't die on the last episode and when will AS stop showing those reruns for heavens sake bring on a new show to take its place on the Weekday Block something like I don't care anything snatch something off the Saturday night block if you have to.

[color=#503f86]Inyuasha7271, breaking up posts into more than one sentence per paragraph would be nice. They're not [i]too[/i] bad as they are, but linking different thought patterns together with 'and' does get confusing and tiring to read. Just a thought.[/color]

[quote name='Mai_Minase][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=royalblue]Legato Bluesummers, one of the evilest Trigun characters there is. One thing I can't find is his age. Does it even say how old he is in the manga/anime? I haven't seen any manga, but I've seen [i]every[/i] episode of the anime and they didn't say it once. I've even spent about an hour searching Google and Ask Jeeves and I haven't seen it [i]once[/i]. Does anybody know Legato's age? It would really help![/color][/size'][/font][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]I'd wait for the Trigun Maximum mangas to come out- they give loads of detail about other aspects of the series.

I actually had a theory that [spoiler]Legato was a Plant as well, just like Vash and Knives. He managed to attach Vash's hand to his left arm and in episode 24 he says "We shold have died a long time ago, as soon as we fell onto this planet", or something along those lines. If he is a Plant, the chances are he's about their age. So over 130 years.[/spoiler] But don't hold me to that- it's just a theory.

I bought the Trigun series on a whim, and I was so glad that I did. It's quickly become one of my favourite series, and it's pretty much been the only thing in my DVD player for weeks. The story surrounding Vash is great to follow- I love the struggles of the two conflicting ideologies behind the series: whether it is possible to save everything as you continue going, or whether there you have to make a sacrifice. I was glad that [spoiler]Vash won out in the end[/spoiler], because it's what I'd have tried to do. I'd probably have [spoiler]ended up like Wolfwood, though >.>[/spoiler][/COLOR]

Guest aeroboy
one episode called diablo kinda freaked me out.cause the vash we know and love had freaky glowing eyes.but that's what i love about vash.there is no limit to his personalaty :D

[QUOTE=Solo Tremaine][color=#503f86]
I actually had a theory that [spoiler]Legato was a Plant as well, just like Vash and Knives. He managed to attach Vash's hand to his left arm and in episode 24 he says "We shold have died a long time ago, as soon as we fell onto this planet", or something along those lines. If he is a Plant, the chances are he's about their age. So over 130 years.[/spoiler] But don't hold me to that- it's just a theory.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I don't think so. In the manga Trigun #2, [spoiler]when Legato gives the order to kill Vash near the end, Knives stops him and calls him a "piece of trash." I don't think Knives would call a fellow plant "trash."[/spoiler]

• 4 weeks later...
It's an awesome anime!

The only parts I didn't really like was when [spoiler]Rem died (but that was cruical for the storyline) and when Wolfwood died. I cried when that happened. I wanted him and Millie to have kids.[/spoiler] =P

I would love for there to be a second season. :D