OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I agree that the cat is fun but Legato? >_> Uh no. That guy is [spoiler]creepier and meaner than hell.[/spoiler] But then that's expected of a character like that right? XP
[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I see where you are going but. I wouldn't see him as [spoiler]creepy/mean[/spoiler]. Maybe in our point of view it looks like that, but he has a sort of [spoiler]"twisted justice"[/spoiler] of a sort. I don't know, I like him. ^_^

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Tallgeese-']I see where you are going but. I wouldn't see him as [spoiler]creepy/mean[/spoiler]. Maybe in our point of view it looks like that, but he has a sort of [spoiler]"twisted justice"[/spoiler] of a sort. I don't know, I like him. ^_^[/QUOTE]I think the only thing we are going to agree on is the [spoiler]twisted[/spoiler] bit. XP I just finished this show and my opinion is even more firmly in place for Legato. He was a [spoiler]sick and demented character, killing others for the sole purpose of hurting Vash.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I was a bit surprised to learn that Vash [spoiler]wasn't human[/spoiler] o_O I don't know why, the hints were there all along. I suppose it was just because he was so cheerful and attached to life in general.

Overall, I enjoyed it. :catgirl: I'll have to be sure to keep an eye out for when the movie comes out. Hehe. [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I think the only thing we are going to agree on is the [spoiler]twisted[/spoiler] bit. XP I just finished this show and my opinion is even more firmly in place for Legato. He was a [spoiler]sick and demented character, killing others for the sole purpose of hurting Vash.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I was a bit surprised to learn that Vash [spoiler]wasn't human[/spoiler] o_O I don't know why, the hints were there all along. I suppose it was just because he was so cheerful and attached to life in general.

Overall, I enjoyed it. :catgirl: I'll have to be sure to keep an eye out for when the movie comes out. Hehe. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

Well the thing is Legato thought [spoiler]humans were imperfect and they should all be gotten rid of[/spoiler] that is mainly what [spoiler]twisted justice[/spoiler] is usually about. But I don't know you are pretty much right, I think the main reason I liked him is because of [spoiler]how calm/cool he stays and his way of wording things[/spoiler]. Good show though huh? Definitely worth watching.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Tallgeese-'] Good show though huh? Definitely worth watching.[/QUOTE]Oh most definitely. Hehe, even if Legato creeped me out. XP I know I'll check into the movie I've been hearing about when it's finally relased because I just love Vash's character. :catgirl:[/FONT]

• 2 months later...
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Oh my. I've never posted here. This is a good series. It's in my top 10. It's been a good year since I've seen this, I think. (I think AS did a repeat last year.. can't remember)

The very first episode was entertaining. As I've said in countless threads before, I don't care for comedies. (Mainly because none of them are funny) However, Trigun is definately funny. And in the first episode, the part that had me crackin up was when [spoiler]Vash chucked the gun at some random guy in the Bruce Lee type scream.[/spoiler] Such an off guard blow that had me in tears.

But the highlighting moment for me was when Legato (favorite character btw) first came into the series. Call me evil/mean if you will but I found that part with the little girl amusing for some reason...

The only annoyance I had with the series was Milly... or was it Meryl? (The short hair lady in white.) I can't remember why I can't stand her, I just know I can't stand her for something, haha.

The artwork/animation. Honestly, for the old-ish looking quality, I didn't mind it at all. The characters looked well drawn, and no one was hideous looking. The action was really good. So, yeah, not too much to say about that either.

Vash and Wolfwood are/were good characters, but as I said, Legato is the one who stood out for me. From the moment he first walked past Vash you just knew the guy was that deal. Again, he became an instant favorite from the mind games. Although I was a tad bit disappointed that he wasn't a gunman. But I suppose [spoiler]a chearter[/spoiler] don't need a gun, but I still wouldn't mind seeing what he'd be like with one.

That's it I guess.[/COLOR]

• 7 months later...
So, I was thinking about starting a new thread about Trigun, but Kei closed it because there's already one! Oh well, i'm glad it's closed, its hard to start a thread anyways. So, does anyone know if the last manga in the trigun series hit the american shelves yet? I'd like to go purchase it but I can't waste gas looking for somthing thats not on the shelves yet! Lol ^_^

I'm not sure, the best thing to do is to check either Walden's books or other major bookstore chain's website.

This will give you a good idea whether or not it's out, I don't read a lot of manga myself. Naruto's about the only real manga I read.

As far as the topic onhand, I watched [B]Trigun[/B] on adult swim years ago and I think it was one of the best Anime's i've seen. I was honestly sorry to see how short it was, though like the Avatar series ending it while it's good is a great way to keep it from going stale.

There hasnt been a new book in a while. I know I was in I believe the 10th grade when I started buying them and just last year gotten the last one out They arent here so I cant count how many I have.

I'm not sure if Avatar is completly finished, Nick and CN often slack on series. Example would be Samurai Jack.

I got all 12 chapters and the first two volumes that are like the first six episodes.