OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

Knives/Vash? Yeeew. I *don't* think so. They're brothers and like I said, I think anime Vash is definitely heterosexual, and manga Vash may be more asexual as a Plant. Maybe one-sided by Knives, but as a friend of a very good friend of mine once said, such a pairing would make Vash rethink his opinions of suicide. ;)

And LOL, that's the *second* most popular yaoi pairing at fanfiction.net. Go figure. Ugh. :sick:

Hmm. Once I finish with co-writing Dark Mirror and its sequel, I might try a Legato/Milly, most likely as a songfic or drabble. :)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wolfwood and Midvalley together? Really? Wow, that's certainly unexpected. I withdraw my adamant claim that Wolfwood is straight :whoops: And you know what? I guess now that I think about it, I can picture that.

I am a diehard K/L fan. They were really the only shouen-ai pair that I could see happening. The whole semi-masochistic (at least on 'Gato's part) master/servant relationship interests me. And when you look at it a certain way, Legato's devotion to Knives is actually kind of cute... you know, in a sick, psycho way. And from the few manga scans and translations I've seen, that's what Nightow had in mind.

But Wolf/Vash? That's part of a little group I like to call fanfiction yaoi. Vash has never showed any sort of interest for the opposite sex (at least in the anime, I don't know bout the mangas) and has actually been repulsed the few times a guy has hit on him. So I guess W/V will have to live on in the countless fics of rabid yaoi fangirls.

Knives/Vash? Yaoi AND incest? Lol. No, I don't think Knives is really in love with Vash, per se. Since he puts their kind on a pedastal, so to speak, he thinks that him and Vash are the only ones worthy of living. But I don't think it extends much further than an obligatory brotherly love.

I guess, now that I think about it, Vash kind of has an Oedipus complex. But Rem isn't technically Vash's mother (do him and Knives [I]have[/I] a mother?) so I think that pairing is adorable.

[quote]I guess, now that I think about it, Vash kind of has an Oedipus complex. But Rem isn't technically Vash's mother (do him and Knives have a mother?) so I think that pairing is adorable.[/quote]

Agreed! Absolutely, 100 percent agreed. RemxVash is one of my favorite pairings regardless (the others would be MillyxWolfwood and Knives/Legato), and I don't think Rem is Vash's mother at all, so the incest squicky factor isn't there at all for me. :)

I am completely resisting temptation to spam for Lady Shadowcat's and my fanfiction. Not doing that very well though. :naughty:

I can see Rem/Vash in ways I could never see Meryl/Vash. I mean think about it: they never have meaningful conversation (or any conversation, for that matter), whenever Vash was upset or depressed, she didn't bother to ask what was wrong, and any interaction between them usually ended violently. Maybe Meryl is better suited for someone less talkative, and more psycho. (I see what you mean, MillyFan. Must... not.... plug... fic)

But Rem/Vash? You can see the love there. They can talk to each other, they genuinely enjoy each other's company, they trust each other, and they share common interests. Plus Vash even admits to her that he loves her. All together now: AWWWWWW! But unfortunately, there are little to none good Rem/Vash fanfics out there. But in case anyone's interested, here's one, full of romance and angsty goodness:

[url]http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1562004[/url]

Heh heh, since MillyFan couldn't, I have to, since I think you kids will enjoy it. Is it against the rules to post the link to a fanfic?

Anyways, that's my bit.

[color=crimson]I kind of like the idea of Vash/Rem. If she had lived longer, I think it would have worked. But in any case(like Meryl), she's still human and he would outlive her by a long shot. In the end, Vash is destined to be alone unless he finds someone with a long lifespan such as his.

In the Manga, if [spoiler]Vash's hair keeps getting darker, I feel that it won't have such a happy end like the anime.[/spoiler] I hope not though. I'd be really dissapointed. (man, I'm so negative...)

---

I wish they would have developed Legato's character a little more.. You don't really find out much about him other than his name and that he's Knives's right hand man. I think Nightow should do a short spinoff comic about him(like he did with Wolfwood), to y'know, explain a little more about Legato's past and how Knives picked him up. That would be interesting.

(Oh, and a little useless info about Legato's name while I'm on the subject: Legato is a musical term meaning "smooth".) Another thing is you can switch around the first two letters and spell El Gato, meaning "the cat" in spanish. Both make sense if you think about it. :)[/color]

LOL, my friend likes LegatoxKuroneko as a joke pairing (although *NOT* "getting anywhere," that's just too sick even for Legato). In fact, if you ever want to see it, there's a fic on fanfiction.net entitled "El Gato."

[quote]I wish they would have developed Legato's character a little more.. You don't really find out much about him other than his name and that he's Knives's right hand man. I think Nightow should do a short spinoff comic about him(like he did with Wolfwood), to y'know, explain a little more about Legato's past and how Knives picked him up. That would be interesting.[/quote]

Me too! I think that would be so interesting. :)

What do people think here about Milly/Meryl as a pairing? I mean, I've seen it written a few times, really well (an old fic by "Ang Griffen" called "Elaboration On A Ballad") and so bad it almost made me throw up (almost all the other times). I honestly think it *could* work, however I'm not a really big shoujo ai fan as a woman so. . .

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]What do people think here about Milly/Meryl as a pairing? I mean, I've seen it written a few times, really well (an old fic by "Ang Griffen" called "Elaboration On A Ballad") and so bad it almost made me throw up (almost all the other times). I honestly think it *could* work, however I'm not a really big shoujo ai fan as a woman so. . . [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm a girl, and I like shoujo-ai...... ;P

Anyway, I think that they would make an adorable couple. Trigun's unique charm lies mostly in the way that its characters play off of one another. Milly and Meryl's slightly dysfunctional friendship exemplifies this quality perfectly--although their conversations are usually more humorous than serious, I can definitely see their easy rapport evolving into love.

Plus, they'd look really cute together. ^_~

If you think about it, Milly/Meryl is a fairly realistic pairing. The two women are already best friends, and they clearly trust in and care for each another. Milly's main love interest [spoiler]dies[/spoiler], while Meryl's is destined to [spoiler]outlive her by several centuries (at the very least).[/spoiler] So there's really nothing keeping them from getting together.

~Dagger~

Hmmmmm, I never thought about Meryl/Millie before. But now that you mention it, it does make a bit of sense.

I am a HUGE Millie/Wolfwood fan, and I think they make one of the cutest couples ever. But now that their getting together is pretty much impossible, what's to stop her from moving on? And I don't like Vash/Meryl, as I said earlier.

And they do compliment each other very well. They have a great friendship, as well as respect for each other. Throughout the whole series, they have supported each other, and for the most part, did everything themselves, without the help of Vash or Wolfwood. They have some cute little bickering moments, but I can't remember them ever really fighting.

So now that I think about it, it's kinda... sweet. :love:

OK, then, I'll admit it. I like Meryl/Milly as a couple :blush: . LOL, girls aren't supposed to like shoujo ai though, unless they're, ahem. . ."like that," and I'm not quite willing to face that accusation just yet. My family would be very upset. LOL, they'd already hate me for liking shounen ai. . . :)

I just wish people would write better fanfic about that pairing. Seriously, the only person at ff.net who writes it now is a very spammy writer called Vashra Blood Reeper. . .and I absolutely hate her fics. They're not only yuri lemons, but miserably written ones at that. :sick:

MillieFan, you just brought up another issue for Trigun fans. How does everyone feel about the low quality of most Trigun fanfics?

If you read Trigun fanfics, you know that there's maybe about 1 decent fic per four or five pages on FF.net. And being an amateur writer, who writes an occasional fanfic herself, some of the writing styles are just cringe-worthy. I don't pretend to be an expert on writing, but some of these people are too lazy to use spellcheck, or get a beta reader. What's more, some of them have no knowledge of the show!

The author that MillieFan mentioned, Vashra BloodReeper, is a prime example of all the awful things happening to the Trigun section on FF.net. She is the current reigning queen of OOC; she doesn't even try to get, say, Meryl and Millie in character. In one rather lemony story, Meryl calls Millie several rather sexual pet names. Excuse me? Prim Miss Meryl? I don't think so.

There are some good ones, however. Like say, Last Chance, by Shandrial. If we had more writers like her, the Trigun section would be a much happier place.

So anyway, what do you all think?

Guest Inuyasha7575
I love Trigun when I saw the first episode I was hooked on it. The way Vash can always find a good side to most things and find a way to settle some conflicts without alot of innocent people being killed because of it.

• 2 weeks later...
That..... doesn't make very much sense. If you haven't yet seen the show, how do you know that you'll even end up [i]liking[/i] Trigun?

After briefly Googling the term "Trigun sequel," I think it's safe to say that (aside from a couple of random rumors), no such production is currently being planned. Yasuhiro Nightow--who created the Trigun manga--appears to have personally confirmed this.

Although I haven't read the manga, I've watched Trigun several times, and I really don't think that it needs a sequel. The show comes to an appropriately satisfying ending, but doesn't attempt to drag things out (unlike, say, Inuyasha). Why don't you try to see Trigun before deciding that you want it to be continued?

Just a thought.

~Dagger~

There is a new anime series entitled GunGrave (should sound familiar to anyone who's played the GunGrave video games for the PS2) where the character designs are created by Yasuhiro Nightow the same man who did the character designs in Trigun. I do believe Yosuke Kuroda did the scripts for both Trigun and Gungrave as well -_o. Although the GunGrave game wasn't well done (both story and gameplay wise) =\ this anime has gotten some nice reviews and many Trigun fans that I know are really liking this series. It seems like a Trigun-Hellsing Cross if you ask me, (atleast that's the way the video game felt =O) but i'll have to look into this anime... Although I do believe it's been licensed by Geneon Entertainment so if it hasn't already it should be hitting U.S. shelves sometime this year -____o. *i'm going to have to do more research into this anime to give you better information, but it doesn't look like it's being fansubbed, and it hasn't finished airing in Japan... So it is just kind of odd that it's already been licensed.*

[color=indigo][size=1][font=century]I agree with what was said before; there's no actual need for a Trigun sequel. The most I think would be warrented would be a possible spin-off, but there's no characters that rate their own series, and [spoiler]most of them died, anyway.[/spoiler]

There's really no reason for one. However, the Trigun manga is far more in-depth and lengthy than the anime, so if you want more Vash action, there's a good place.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darksbane [/i]
[B]I know it dosn't make sense! But I read enough ep. guides to know I would like it! And the reason for asking about a sequel was 26 episodes? isn't that kinda short? although I'll trust you on it ending well. Thanx for answering! [/B][/QUOTE]

Most ([i]good[/i] ^_~) anime series--such as X, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Vision of Escaflowne--are about twenty-six episodes long. Some may be slightly longer (Gundam Wing has forty-nine episodes, while Revolutionary Girl Utena has thirty-nine), but many are also shorter. Anything under thirteen episodes is usually an OAV. Although the Japanese don't have quite the same concept of television seasons as we in the United States do, for all practical purposes, a season is generally considered to be thirteen episodes long.

The super-long shows, which include Yu Yu Hakusho, Ramna 1/2, and Sailor Moon, are few and far between. Twenty-six episode series are usually much easier to find.

I hope that helps clear things up. ^_^

~Dagger~

[color=green] It actually took a few episodes of Trigun to get me hooked. At first, I found Vash rather silly and annoying. I still, to this day do not like Meryl's character. I found that the messages in the show were also a little too black and white, good and evil for my tastes. There is no grey area for Vash. Enter Nicholas D Wolfwood, and there is now plenty of grey. Wolfwood saved the show for me. His dry wit and seriousness set his off from the rest of the silly and over-reactionary characters in the show. The friendship he struck up with Vash was very well suited, since they set each other off very well. Wolfwood has the kind of maliable morality that give realism to his character, while vash whitewashes everything to suit his personal vow of never killing.[/color]

New to the boards so I couldn't have posted earlier....I LOVE TRIGUN. I'm basically fairly new to the whole anime scene to begin with. I just started watching anime this past summer and Trigun was my first one I saw...and now....It's my #1 (though Avatar and banner don't prove it; I'm going through a Naruto phase XP) I maybe saw 5 episodes and had my mom buy me the boxset. >.< I love the humor, out of the animes I've seen it's not like any of the others, it is amazing that one anime could have such a wonderful storyline and great character development. I mean Vash has to be one of the most hilarious characters out there. The action is great too. How can you not love a man who is skilled at gun shooting and is living to keep a promise to the women he loved like a mother? *claps insanely* Now I feel like watching my DVD's so.....I must be off *flies away*

I have liked Trigun for awhile now, and it is and sort of has been, my favorite anime series. I havent had that much time to watch it, but i sat down today and I watched about 4 more episodes, (I would have watched alot more if i had them saved on my comp. I have 12 episodes of Trigun on my computer so far. I'll be getting the other 14 later from a friend.) And now i believe that the show is not made up of mainly humor and action, but suspense as well. When i was done watchin episode 12, it just left everything hanging, with Vash not shooting the enemy, so now im just sitting here mad cuz i can't see what happens!!! Anyhow, Trigun is the best anime in my opinion, and will never die out.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green] I still, to this day do not like Meryl's character. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I do not like Meryl much either. She is just too serious. She needs to lighten up.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green] Enter Nicholas D Wolfwood, and there is now plenty of grey. Wolfwood saved the show for me. His dry wit and seriousness set his off from the rest of the silly and over-reactionary characters in the show.[/color][/B][/QUOTE]

Not that I don't love Vash or anything, I do agree with you. Wolfwood always brought something to each episode that the other characters didn't. He was funny yet serious at the same time. [spoiler]I cried when he died[/spoiler] He was that great of a character.

Guest CloudStrifex9
ya id have to agree trigun is the BEST anime. hes so cool and it has a real good story line.

[COLOR=Navy]Cloud, I'm glad you like the show, but this post is spam. First of all, you need to utilize proper grammar and punctuation. Secondly, you need to explain why Trigun is the best anime of all time. While you're at it, go ahead and re-read OB's [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules.[/URL] Many thanks.

~Dagger~[/color]