OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

I'm not sure what I think. Molleta DOES make a very good point, and I'm pretty confused about the whole thing too. But being a blind optimist, I prefer to believe that Knives lived.

In response to Double B. Daigo's post: sure, a second season or OVA (wishful thinking, I'm sorry to say) would be very nice, but what bothers me is that I don't know what they'd do with it. They could make something really good, or really awful that Trigun fans with hate with a passion, and perhaps ruin the first season for new viewers Besides, do you really want it to go on without Knives as a villian, or Wolfwood and Legato?

I'm just saying this hypothetically, I know there's not much of a chance. I'll have to just satisfy myself with the manga.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Jackie [/i]
[B]Trigun is the coolest but you no I'm a nut over Vash sigh I wish there was a trigun avatar [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, I don't want to play mod but please don't spam.

Hmm, as for avatars, I don't have many Vash ones since he's not my favorite character-and none that I do have are better than that one you already have.

However, I do have a lot of Wolfwood avatars. Here's one of my favorites if you're interested, right click the attachment and save as. I know of websites that have literally *hundreds* of Trigun avatars (including some really great Vash pics) so e-mail me if you want the addresses (since I don't think the rules allow posting of weblinks).

Back on topic, I think it could go either way: Vash could have killed Knives or Knives could have somehow survived. It depends on your interpretation and the only one who knows for sure is Nightow himself LOL

Guest inulova
oh there was this thing called "Trigun Oddesy". it is sooooooo adorable... Vash has like a little braother and stuff... has anyone else seen it besides me? please tell me what you think of it!;)

[QUOTE]oh there was this thing called "Trigun Oddesy". it is sooooooo adorable... Vash has like a little braother and stuff... has anyone else seen it besides me? please tell me what you think of it!;)[/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Um... could you please elaborate? What exactly [i]is[/i] it? Probably some fan-made thing, like a doujinshi or something. Never heard of it.[/color] :confused:

Guest vash22
Quote: why didnt Vash just bury knives where he was.

(im not feeling like doing the whole quote things im sleepy)

OK well please remember that what Rem said that he should take care of Knives. He isnt gonan bury him in the middle of nowhere. Also he never shot him in any vital areas. Vash also loves Knives even though he also hates him for what he did. But like who vash is he hopes to change everything. Also Vash is still getting over Wolfwoods death to. It is strange though that after the impact of Wolfwoods death that he still helped him. Its amazing though also that he did help him after the flashbacks of what happened.

I'm don't think Knives is dead.

1. Vash doesn't kill

2. He did wrap him in bandages, and carry him back..

Also, I just saw the Japanese version of the last ep.

It basically shows Meryl and Milly waiting in town, while Vash is smiling with Knives over his shoulder.

I wish there was more though.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MillieFan [/i]
[B]Was there a burial scene for [spoiler]Legato[/spoiler]?[/B][/QUOTE]

I know that there wasn't one in the series, but there might have been one in the manga (I wish I could read Japanese!). I don't really know, but someone else probably does.

Now, time to get on topic. I don't think that Knives died because, firstly, like everyone else is saying, he wasn't [spoiler]hit on any vital areas.[/spoiler] Secondly, I'm quite sure that Vash wouldn't carry a dead body where townsfolk could see. Lastly, I don't think anyone (besides Sesshomaru) would intentionally kill their brother, even if [spoiler]Knives killed almost [b]everyone[/b] on the project SEEDS ship.[/spoiler] I think those are pretty good reasons, but that's just my opinion.

[quote]1. Vash doesn't kill

2. He did wrap him in bandages, and carry him back..[/quote]

Well, actually [spoiler]Vash [i]did[/i] kill Legato![/spoiler] Man, that scene was hard-core... But I think I'm going to side with the "Knives lives" folks. ?_? As has been pointed out many times, Vash never hit any vital areas on Knives, and in fact [spoiler]only shot the two "Angel Arm" guns in that last scene.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by IloveBebop [/i]
[B]I know that there wasn't one in the series, but there might have been one in the manga (I wish I could read Japanese!). I don't really know, but someone else probably does.[/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Legato does not die in the manga. He gets crushed by Knives for trying to kill Vash, but he doesn't die.[/spoiler]

[color=indigo]I think Knives lived because it would go against Vash's character if he had killed him like that. He only [spoiler]killed Legato[/spoiler] because he [b]had[/b] to. Remember how devastated Vash was after "Sin"? He didn't seem that way at the end of "Under the Sky So Blue". He was smiling. I don't think he'd be so happy after killing his own brother(or anybody).

But that's just my opinion.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tattoi nobori [/i]
[B]Well, actually [spoiler]Vash [i]did[/i] kill Legato![/spoiler] Man, that scene was hard-core... But I think I'm going to side with the "Knives lives" folks. ?_? As has been pointed out many times, Vash never hit any vital areas on Knives, and in fact [spoiler]only shot the two "Angel Arm" guns in that last scene.[/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]
yeah im aware that [spoiler]vash killed Legato[/spoiler] but that was only [i]one[/i], and Vash's nature, isn't to kill...

[color=green]I know Vash promised Rem that he wouldn't kill, but at the end he says [spoiler] he'll always keep her words close, but he must find his own way.[/spoiler] This confused me a little, does that mean he thinks [spoiler] it's okay to kill in certain situations?[/spoiler] and his outlook has changed and he [spoiler]killed Knives?[/spoiler][/color]

Trigun is simply my fave anime. Got the DVD box set.

[size=1][b][color=darkblue]Please try to elaborate more on your posts. -Shy[/b][/color][/size]

Edit: Okay, people say that Trigun has it all, and simply put it does. It has the potential to go from funny to dramatic, and vice-versa, in an instant, and I consider that one of its greatest strenghs. Some people may scoff and say its unoriginal, but I ask them, where else have you seen a 131-year old genetically engineered plant/human hybrid? Hmmm? And sure, there may be lots of things that seem out-of-place on a desert planet, but that's the beauty of it, you don't realize it until you stop and think about it.(at least that was the case for me) So have I elaborated enough?

I do have a question, though. I've heard that episode 18 takes place two years after episode 16. But nowhere in the anime have I heard this confirmed. When is this mentioned? Thanks!

Not 2 years, but around 6 months.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beleive me, Trigun is one of my favorite anime. But I have noticed a few facts about it, that when you think of it, sounds kinda corny and cliché-ish.

Like the fact that Knives is pretty much the definition of an evil twin.

That Vash is probably the unlitmate hero/fighting machine and has attacks that would seem obvious in a character that couldn't be killed. Super human speed, accuracy, intellegence (He can change tragectories and does complicated algebra in his head), and he has the ability to destroy cities aslong as he holds his gun.

See what I mean?

Sry but i think the ending to Trigun...well...sucked. Like they hyped it all up and i thought the last fighting sceen would have been a great on to watch, finally get to see Knives in action against Vash. The only problem was how they kept using the photosynthesis gun's over and over again, constantly canceling each other out. The only part i did like in that battle were the bullet switching acts.

There was very little dialogue up to the final battle and i thought the Legato battle was a hell of a lot better. That was actually one of the episodes that made this a pretty good anime, since Vash was going by the words of Rem the whole time and finally had to committ "SIN". Plus the whole diversion of Legato manipulating the townspeople minds to attack Milly & Merryl, and kind of force Vash to kill him even more was brillant. To bad they couldnt end it there, but i guess Vash had to see Knives one last time.....hopefully it was better in the manga which i havent seen.

Yes, the Knives vs. Vash scene is much, much better in the manga. I think they faced off once so far, but [spoiler] Knives absorbed another plant body, and was incredibly powerful, whereas Vash only used his gun. Knives gave up on trying to convert Vash during the battle and attempted to absorb him as well. However, he found himself being absorbed instead. Knives was only saved by Legato who forced their arms apart, thus breaking the channeling. Basically, Knives won, but it demonstrated that Vash has more potential for power than Knives. [/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i]
[B][color=green]I know Vash promised Rem that he wouldn't kill, but at the end he says [spoiler] he'll always keep her words close, but he must find his own way.[/spoiler] This confused me a little, does that mean he thinks [spoiler] it's okay to kill in certain situations?[/spoiler] and his outlook has changed and he [spoiler]killed Knives?[/spoiler][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]Well, I think Vash said what he said because, rather than thinking for himself, [spoiler]his excuse for not killing has always been because "Rem would be sad."[/spoiler] Now he will think for himself. [spoiler]He may still find every other way to a hard situation than resorting to killing,[/spoiler] but this time he'll do it out of his own belief from experience.[/color][/font]

Hi Metatron! Have you read the whole Trigun manga series so far? (The 3 Trigun mangas and the 8 Trigun: Maximums) If so, where did you get them? The 1st one is supposed to be out in the U.S, but none of the stores are carrying them yet. Where did you get yours? Can you summarize everything that's happened so far? If you don't wanna spoil it for anyone, just PM or email me :) .

Huh? Oh... I'm Japanese, so I read all of the manga in Japanese. I got them at the Kinokuniya Book Store located near Rock Feller Center in NYC. And you want me to summarize EVERYTHING? God you gotta be kidding... almost EVERYTHING is different in the manga... the character development, events, battle scenes, outcomes, etc. etc. You can ask me "How did Wolfwood turn out?" "Who fought Midvalley and who won?" and stuff like that, but a full summary is a bit too much. o_O

Lucky. Only speaking 1 language really sucks, lol.

Yeah, I have to admit the whole summary WOULD be a bit much *embarassed grin*. I'm just irritated that my local bookstores are being so evil, and I really would like to read the 1st one at least. *Stabs Barnes and Noble people*

Leaving it at this would be a bit spammy, so I'll just give my input in the discussion...

I was confused as well on that last line, but whoever said that he would keep on not killing people but for his own reasons, I agree. He just doesn't seem like the kind of person who would change that.

As for whether Knives died or not, don't even get me started. I could go on for hours, contradicting myself. You really could look at it either way.

[color=indigo]Official Dark Horse retailers got it yesterday, and everywhere else will be getting it next month. I'm outta luck now too, since the only bookstore here that sells manga is Waldenbooks, and they don't have it yet. >_<

*waits patiently for November to come around*[/color]

[color=green]Xai, I love the purple. We'll I'm sorry you can't get it yet. I don't have the funds for it at this time. I have heard all kinds of things about how the monga is different than the anime... I am [i]really[/i] curious. [/color]