OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

I went with idealistic Vash because his ideals are pretty good. Besides that, some of the butterflies that the spider eats would make it die anyway, so you can save the butterfly and have them both live for as long as possible. If the spider does eventually die, the other creatures will mourn for that loss, and they will move on with their lives. Those are my ideals about it.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest marmot
I side with Knives' view. One of them has to die. Either the butterfly will be eaten and the spider will live or the butterfly will live and the spider will starve. Both cannot survive together. It's imposible.

Guest Blechy
Just today I finished watching trigun through for the second time, it is my favorite anime, and one of my favorite of all series'. It's even better the second time, as there are many things you only notice/pick up on after having seen and understood it the first time, such as the MANY references concerning plants. However, I have several questions, many of which I cannot remember and so might add on at a later time.

1. Why does Wolfwood kill so many of the gung ho guns? Rai dei, Grey, and Leonof. And yet when he encounters Chapel, he's told that he is now officially a gung ho gun. But it took for him to fight with Chapel for people to notice that just maybe he's not on their side. So I mean I could answer my own question and say that even though he wants to be a gung ho gun he still has conflicting feelings and wants to side with vash, but it still seems a bit strange.
2. Why in episode 4 does vash cry in the duel at the end of the episode, almost 20 minutes in?
3. In episode 16, what is actually in the bag that legato gives to vash? what is the "lesson"?

And call me obsessed, but there are a few things I noticed... I'm going to sound like the comic book guy from the simpsons-

A. In episode 9, when wolfwood is covering vash in the sunken ship, he definitely uses up more ammo than vash's gun can hold at a time. Which is weird, since they're usually so careful about things like that.
B. In episode 26, when vash and knives are having their fantastic duel, they each have their guns to each other's eyes, and are pulling the triggers waiting for it to strike a bullet- finally it does, and vash gets shot... but in the shoulder for some reason.
C. Dumb in episode 18 when vash and wolfwood are approaching the gang's hideout, just walkign through the massive gunfire.

However, for anyone that could answer/clear up the prior questions I'd be greatful. And as I said I'll probably be adding more as I think of them.

Additionally, feel free to ask any questions about the series that you might have, as I feel I've got a grasp on the majority of it.

Guest Blechy
4. Why did the ship seen in episodes 20/21 not crash like the others? Because their plants remained intact? Then why didn't the others'?
5. Obviously Knives has telepathic powers. Does vash also? He communicates telepathically only with knives and legato, so he may just be thinking what he wants to say to them, and they can read his mind.
6. Are those damn eyes of chapel's supposed to be his actual eyes, or goggles? They freaked me out the first time I saw them.
7. I don't understand the whole steve raping mary thing(in episode 17) at all. He's supposed actually not have done it, but why did she say he did then?
8. Why does vash call the people on the flying ship in episode 20 "the folks"? He doesn't really have relatives other than knives(and to them all plants), and the ones that bred him died long ago.
9. I just want to confirm wolfwood's past, tell me if I'm right. As a child, he shot his father, and so chapel came and was the one to raise him. Wolfwood grew up killing people, and so to balance that out, became a priest and started up an orphanage.
10. All of the gung ho guns were brought up with the sole purpose of killing vash to avenge knives? We know monev was, and hoppered too says he "had this done to him" to kill vash.

D. Vash sure doesn't seem to mind killing people as long as it's humorous, heh. For example, in episode 4 when he breaks one of the villains' necks.
E. At the end of episode 17, Vash says, about taking care of knives, something like "I know rem, I will." At the beginning of the next episode, which we are led to believe takes place right after that, Vash finds that knives killed a man that was the only living relation to rem, who he was searching for. What I'm getting at, is that in episode 26 it makes it sound like he was lookign for the man, but was surprised to see knives there, while in episode 17/18 he was going to july to hunt knives.

That should be just about everything.

Well i can help out with a few questions here

1) The Reason Wolfwood killed most of the Gung Ho Guns is this, When he was talking to Chapel he said the " Knives told me himself to proctect Vash and bring him to hom" So Wolfwood was following orders to save Vash and make sure he stayed alive

2) He cries fro this reason. Remeber back in the bar Vash said he didnt like pain? thats why he hates to see people hurt/kill each other and he would feal responsible if Bostock died

4) I belive that the reason is brcaues yes it did have its plants intact but maybe it got caught in some magnedic feild in the upper atmosphere that slowed it decent to the plant. I say slow caues vash said " A Ship that never quiet crashed" think of the thing in slow mo, but when the plants went it must have lost the feild and so it went down

6) Chaples gaint red eyes are sergical implants, Why he got them is beyond me

7) My Theroy is this maybe Knives used his powers to put the image of Steve raping here in Mary's head

8) He calls them the "folks" becaues over the time he was there the kids he was friends with had grown up but every one knew him and there was a sence of family on borad the ship

9) No Wolfwood shot his gardian and got picked up by Chaple and then he was trained to kill, So he didnt want other kids to go threw what he had he became a preist and began his orphange

Guest Blechy
Thanks for those answers- anyone else know any other answers or have any other beliefs on them?

Also, I read that the cat was inspired by the owner's cat.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lone Bebop [/i]

6) Chaples gaint red eyes are sergical implants, Why he got them is beyond me[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know, in the episode "Sin," I could see his real eyes under that red thing, I think they're just weird goggles.

The species of the butterfly will only become stronger if it undergoes hardship. If the one butter fly dies it will only make the species stronger. If Vash interferes with this process he is neather helping nor hurting. He is just intercepting nature. After the spider prays on miny butterflys over a long amount of time. The butterfly may develop a defense mechanism. Makeing it eather harder or impossible for it to become a target for spiders.
This all may sound a little off topic. But it is the order of witch nature accrues. Vash hates death of anything, Knifes feels that certain things should not live for the very purpose that they arnt "worthy" of liveing. Maybe i like to fight all sides of this battle. But in one way or another i think they are both a half wrong. :genius:

There are a bunch of Trigun threads in here... but I didn't know where to put this, so I made my own. If another mod wants to do something with it, go ahead... I'm not above the rules lol.

I'm of course going by the Adult Swim version. I know many people are going to complain that it's edited or some nonsense, but I don't think that affects the core of this show. That and I bet 95% of the people here who like it watch it on Cartoon Network anyway.

Anyway, I saw Trigun several times now. Most recently last night. Why do people like this show? I seriously do not see much in it.

The dub is simply awful. I don't know how anyone can put up with it. Vash sounds so incredibly out of place to me. His friends are really, really annoying.

The art, while decent... is strange. There seems to be a lot of times when people's faces just look off from other times. These two things are of course personal opinion.

However, even story wise... I'm not getting the point. Nothing ever seems to happen. All the dialogue seems ridiculously inane and stupid.

Last night they had some weird looking guy with three teeth and some huge guy he referred to as his son. Excuse me for not remembering their equally weird names heh.

Anyway, this guy was ridiculous. Who translates this stuff? It was terrible. Even if it was better written, I can't see it ever being the least bit interesting.

On top of that it suffers from the same thing every dubbed anime seems to suffer from. Too much talking and overly long explanations. There are so many times in that show where better words could have been chosen that would have fit their lip movements better... and not have sounded so damn awkward.

It seems like every anime I ever watch has some guy who randomly just tells his life story in a 10 second interval... The english voiceover just keeps talking and talking with no pauses. Huh?

Anyway, I see that there are many people here who like this show. There are obviously tons more around it. You obviously should know what you like about it. What exactly am I missing here? It's possibly one of the most dull anime I've seen in years.

Well, most like the plot of a feared and seemingly ruthless gunman turning out to be a big goofball and his discritpion being a big estimation. I love the show becasue of its goofy plot, its pretty cool action, and its lovable characters. As much as you might not like Trigun, you probably havn't seen the later episodes which really grow in maturity, violence, and emotional pain. Especially the last to 4 episodes. My favorite episode being the next to last episode because it gave such a feel good feeling at the end. All i have to say is if you watch the show up to the introduction of Wolfwood, then you'll probably love it for the remainder. You may not like it ans see its appeal, but if your looking for its appeal, then you probably don't understand it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]Well, most like the plot of a feared and seemingly ruthless gunman turning out to be a big goofball and his discritpion being a big estimation. I love the show becasue of its goofy plot, its pretty cool action, and its lovable characters. As much as you might not like Trigun, you probably havn't seen the later episodes which really grow in maturity, violence, and emotional pain. Especially the last to 4 episodes. My favorite episode being the next to last episode because it gave such a feel good feeling at the end. All i have to say is if you watch the show up to the introduction of Wolfwood, then you'll probably love it for the remainder. You may not like it ans see its appeal, but if your looking for its appeal, then you probably don't understand it. [/B][/QUOTE]
That... was beutiful:bawl:

How can you not like Trigun? Some of us dont care how bad the dub is, as long as you get to see it without paying 200 bucks be happy. I personaly like the voices. I see the story, and I really like it. There is a good story, a good amount of humor, and cool action. There is also a lot of fantasy and one of the few future shows with no mecha. think this series is perfect and thats why its one of my top 10 favs of all time.

Ok, I've seen the seires several times and I think its one of the best series' I've ever seen.

For the dubbing, I think its great and all the voices for the main chacters are perfect.

As for the show it self, as it keeps going it becomes better. Also is will become less humorus as it goes on.

What you've seen in ep 5 is hardly Trigun at its best. But now, the does start to come together, I reccomend you keep watching it.

Also about the Nebraska family(the old guy and his "son") they are a very minor part of the series so don't really.

I reccomend at least watching up to episode 12(Diablo) or 16(fifth moon) before judgeing the series.

[COLOR=red]For the most part, the dub dialouge stays true to the original. The first half of the series (ep. 1-11) is mostly for comedy and character introduction, while the 2nd half is more serious and the main storyline is introduced. The dub gets better in later episodes. Trigun is actually one of the better dubs out there IMO.(though the original is still GREAT!) And Adultswim didn't really edit out much more than a few gun-to-head moments and some language(like the word s**t)but nothing that really takes away from the story.

As for why [i]I[/i] like it, it just has something that appeals to me more than some other animes I've seen. I like most of the characters and I like the idea of the plot. That's just my taste in anime though.

There's nothing wrong with you not liking Trigun, It's probably just not your cup o' tea.[/COLOR]

I rented all of the Trigun DVD's a while ago which turned out to let me finish the series a few weeks before it started airing on CN. I liked it quite a bit in the beginning because it was goofy and fun. It has decent characters and although it wasn't amazing it was definitely fun to watch. When I lost interest was when it did start to get serious. I personally though the silly Vash was the best part of the show and they started to focus on the Gung-ho guns who were kinda cheesy. Almost all of the villians were too goofy to seem threatening. I watched the whole thing to get some closure but I thought the last bunch of episodes were weak. How many anime's can have the hero fight a group of seven or so bad guys where the next one you run across is stronger than the last. Ninja scroll, Kenshin, Outlaw star... I'd say Trigun was average as an anime.

I'm actually not that fond of the anime version of "Trigun". It leaves out some of the more important aspects of the story, and it does not provide an in-depth characterization of each character. I saw the anime first, then read the manga after, and I was actually surprised that the author actually allowed the anime to turn out the way it did. Try the manga, though its a lot more bloody and gory, its definitely a few notches above the anime.

As for why it appeals to me, its simple. I just like the idea of something that is far superior than humanity(Knives/Vash) posing enough threat as to eradicate the entire race. I just like the concept of revenge.

Anime that can make you think+ make you put a smile on your face once in awhile is worty of being called a Good anime. I think Trigun hit that well. :toothy:
[b]Semjaza Azazel[/b]:nono:
You kinda have to look past the flaws of the anime quality. If you stop criticizing it in your head. You may be able to let yourself get lost in the story line. Thats when you can start to enjoy it. ;)

[color=#707875]Wait a minute. You just said that an anime that can make you think and can put a smile on your face is worthy of being a good anime.

Yet, in the same breath, you're asking Semjaza [i]not[/i] to think. You're asking him to look past the flaws. I can understand the whole idea of not wanting to criticize something to death...but if Trigun is encouraging you to think about its storyline, surely that only makes Semjaza's complaints even more legitimate.[/color]

[size=1] It's funny at times, Vash's expressions make me give a small chuckle now and then. The animation is allright, althought it has its many flaws. The dubbing...well I'm not exactly a fan of dubbing so I won't say anything.

The plot? I actually like it. The whole idea of a Wanted gunman with a 50 million [or billion?] bounty on his head and how goofy he actually is is pretty amusing. His friends [i]are[/i] annoying. Meryle.....I personally hate her. Millie is allright, but once I again, I'm not fond of her. She's too...innocent? Lol. OK, forget that. Wolfwood is quite the character...a priest who goes around fighting people. I think the only characters I really appreciate are Vash, Legato, and Knives.

I guess you like the more finer-quality anime, Semjaza. Lol....Trigun appeals to many people, and the dubbing of the violence and such is trivial. Not much is cut out, methinks. Trigun bores me to death at parts, and at other parts it gets me interested. I think it's a good anime, but not great. I've seen much better anime.[/size]

Maladjusted, its 60 Billion Double Dollars on his head, not 50 million. But Sem, you need to learn that sometimes, animation isn't the most important thing in anime, much like people who say that graphics don't matter in games, its the gameplay. Much is the same for anime. I'll admit, Trigun does lack in the animation compartment and the only episodes good for animation were the 1st, and the last 3. But then, the plot is what i love so much and the action scenes are always awsome and pretty creative, (think "Diablo" with the safe.)so thats what you need to pay attention to.