49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved the comedic side of Vash, but up until the Gung-Ho guns came out, I really didn't get to see the real power of Vash, so I actually liked the latter half of the series when Vash actually had to fight for his life instead of just playing with the wanna-be bounty hunters.

So how many episodes do we have left in the series?

Also, how many eps. do we have left with the adult swim sessions?

Another thing... how many of you noticed that the voice of "the jerk" who called vash and knives, in this most recent episode, "little monsters," was voiced by the man who did the voice of gene starwind in outlaw star?

Well, I think it was him.

[color=teal]Legato is so evil as to be admired.

I sure don't mind.

Oh, and Legato's voice is that of Kenshin, that kid on the steam-thing is the voice of that computer kid on Digimon, and if I'm not mistaken, Marril's voice is that of Kaoru.[/color]

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]As expected, this series has gotten from being an action comedy show, to evolving in an interesting drama story. The last couple of episodes have strongly emphasized on Vash's character. I'm liking where this is going.[/color][/font]

And Millie is the female presenter on the tv show for bounty hunters in Cowboy Bebop, and Im sure I heard Rem in Outlaw Star, dont know the name of the character but its the woman who hangs about with Gene in the episode with the cactus and the bug.

Im gonna have to go back and listen to "the jerk" Steve and see if it is Gene, I never noticed. Oh yeah, Vash is the black power ranger from way back (think the original movie), he was the frog! Kawaii!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spike speigel [/i]
[B]I like both side, actually. i think they mixed well. Just they way the creators blended them was perfect. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, one word agreement posts aren't allowed here ^sigh^ If they were, I'd simply say "agreed" and go on since you basically said it all, nevertheless. . .

I totally agree. The writers did well in mixing the serious and silly, and it's IMHO one of the better-written anime, especially in the way the character interaction was written (some of the Wolfwood/Vash and Meryl/Millie squabble scenes almost reach what could be considered high comedy, a rarity when, sadly, much anime comedy elsewhere consists of the sudden appearance of an unclothed woman)

As for the seriousness, I say that was good too. Although I agree with whomever else posted about Wolfwood: I think killing Wolfwood off was simply dumb. IIRC, Wolfwood didn't die in the manga (from what I've seen at some fan sites) and by killing him off the anime writers basically made it impossible to bring the next manga series, Trigun Maximum, into anime because Wolfwood is one of the main characters in it. How completely brainless.

I too like both the comedic and the serious side of Vash. I think its this mix of personality elements that makes Vash such an appealing character.

If you think about it, many other characters in anime are the same way. Take Kenshin from the Rurouni Kenshin series as an example.

Hmmm, though they [i]could[/i] bring Trigun Maximum into an anime if they set it say 20 years later rather than 2 years later (as it's set in the manga) and replace Wolfwood with Wolfwood and Millie's then-adult son/daughter. . .but that would be really improbable. LOL ^sigh^

Yeah, well, mangas and animes usually take different routes. That creates a bit of flavor to each of them, and its fun reading the manga and then watching the anime and looking for the little(or big) differences. Usually, the manga is written by a different person from the creaters, so they like to add their own twists in it.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Millifan, please pay attention to the rules. Number 1, it is against the rules to post links to other websites. And number 2, it is against the rules to double post. Please just edit your first post. Thanks so much. *QA*[/color][/size]

Sorry ::bows:: I didn't see that it was illegal to link to websites in my post, and I just wanted to source my information (lol, I want to be a journalist someday, and it's a thing of mine to try to provide sources for info I post)

I'm also sorry for the double post: that's how I'm used to posting elsewhere. ::bows::

It definitely is that: I used to post at A4 and everyone would flame me. . .also, almost everyone's signatures there were borderline hentai. Yeeew. This is definitely a [i]much[/i] better board.

Oh, by the way, I'm sorry if I was the first to post the spoiler. Next time I'm using spoiler text.

I'd like to post something funny I remember, but with what's happening in my real life right now (what with my boyfriend missing and all ;;^.^;; ), that would be really really sick of me to do, to laugh at a time like this.

[font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]The comedic side of Trigun gracefully fits each episode. It is handled intelligently, and manages to flow flawlessly in between the serious scenes. Trigun has a very creative concept, and the direction is quite smart.[/color][/font]

The comedy also comes in at the right moment. They tend to pop up when the tension is high, everyone has their gun drawn, and are ready to kill. It really provides relief and thats why I can't take my eyes off the scrn when watching trigun :) Don't want to miss all those jokes and comedies.

Guest vash7371
ive seen all 23 or 26 origianal undubed versions and like planet angel said some jokes are better in diffrent languages but i like vashes english voice better than the japanesse one.:devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyke [/i]
[B][font=trebuchet ms][color=darkblue]The comedic side of Trigun gracefully fits each episode. It is handled intelligently, and manages to flow flawlessly in between the serious scenes. Trigun has a very creative concept, and the direction is quite smart.[/color][/font] [/B][/QUOTE]

You said it. Great post. . .now I have to come up with something to add so this isn't dismissed as mere spam. LOL.

One comedy thing I love about the series, aside from the character interaction (the perfectly mismatched teams of Vash and Wolfwood and Meryl and Millie), is something a lot of people don't even notice: the Kuroneko appearances. lol, that cat shows up anywhere and everywhere, and it's sooo funny when it fell from the ceiling and landed on Vash. . .or when it sneaked a bite of Millie's pudding. . .or when Wolfwood pulled it from his travel bag while looking for something else. . .or when it annoyed Meryl. . .lol. "nyao. . .nyao"

;) :) :D :rolleyes:[COLOR=deeppink]Well, I've always heard of Trigun, and I've always wanted to see it. I think it's rich. It's absolutely funny. He's such a clown! And fine, too...I think he's somewhat like Rurouni Kenshin. Serious when he needs to be, but acts so silly when someone so weak hits him across the head or something. So cute... [/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkblue]I like his silly side a lot. That's b/c he looks like the type to be serious when it comes to battle, but then he's so silly. Like I said in the other post: He and Kenshin can be serious when they need to be, but when it comes to a weak person, they act crazily silly. lmao[/COLOR] :) :) :D ;) :p :love: :tasty:

Hey, its PLANT Angel! Why dya think I sit in this bulb all day?!

I just dont know which Vash is better, but the "man who will slaughter the innocent......" speech in English (episode 2-Truth of Mistake) is just SO FUNNY. In fact that whole episode is SO FUNNY!

They seem to have kept as close as possible to the Japanese voices, right down to the kids, and I think it justs depends on your preference.

I have to find this Kenshin!

The person doesnt have to be all that weak, I think its just that those guys are terribly strong. I mean, Raidai the Blade nearly killed him, and he still acted silly when they were about to fight.

As Millie put it, its his way of "painting a brilliant colour over it" (see Trigun Maximum book 6) and its better than "crying and looking all sad" (~Vash~Max book 6)

He acts all crazy cuz hes all sad inside AWWWWWWWW

And kuroneko-sama is great! "I had my suspicions you were no mere mortal, but I never realised you were.......a cat?!" LOL!

Kenshin and Vash are pretty similar, I agree :) They both have a cool partner(Sanosuke/Wolfwood), and they are both absolutely weak against weaker people lol. But when anyone strong comes along.... keke...