OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

Maybe it's just me but I liked Vash more when he was running around eating donuts and crying. Then when the big guns came poping out of his and Knives arms. It just seemed like a greater show when he was blowing bubblegum and rocking out on his walkman or making big deformed faces. I was just surpised at the way it turned out I guess I just liked his regular gun to the freaky arm one.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spike speigel [/i]
[B]I like both side, actually. i think they mixed well. Just they way the creators blended them was perfect. [/B][/QUOTE]
EXACTLY!!!

I mean, I absolutely loved the comedic side, but I had a taste for action as well. I really can't say that I like an anime if it's all directed towards a single genre, and I love how well the creators blended them. It was a nice variety, and a great series.

[color=red] I would have to say, that both work incredibly well with each other. But at times I feel that the action side is better. Maybe its just because I like more action based animes..... But its a very nice variety and this is why Trigun is my favorite anime.[/color]

The show had two sides to it. The first half was basically development of Vash's character in the freindly, humorous kind of way. The first few shows definantly bring out the funny aspects of Vash's life and attitde, while the second half of the show drives deep into his heart and mind to find his true past and true feelings. It becomes very serious and tends to lose that humorous aspect it once had.

I do appreciate both parts. I believe because it was done that way, it added alot to the series. Different views on the same character give a series alot of depth and feeling. Deffinantly a good job.

It's like that movie, the Royal Tenenbaums. Some people would walk outta the theater crying because of how dysfunctional the family was, some will walk out laughing because of how funny it was. Or you saw both sides.

I like the funny side.. and the cat whose name forget now, but I know it's on theotaku.com somewhere...*shrugs*...

I agree with Ex-Soldier that the funny parts and the serious parts well placed just right.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben Holiday [/i]
[B]Well, I guess it's just me then. I still like all the episodes without the freak arm gun though except for the one where Wolfwood dies all the rest are still good. [/B][/QUOTE]
I thought the one where Woolfwood dies was pretty good, actually. Do you hate it because you thought it was bad, or because it was sad?

[B][COLOR=sandybrown]Finnaly there is someone here that will make a thread about this.

I love the comidiec side of Vash. But it still woudn't be any good with just that. There just has to be action. Which there is a lot of.

Now about that gun. I like the original handgun that he uses in the first episode. Although the arm one is still pretty cool. I like it.[/B][/color]

Phew, quite a lot of cussing. I almost got in trouble for showing it to my little brother, haha.

Anyway, it does deal a lot with religion. theOtaku covers much, if not all of it, and you should see what they have. The things I personally have found are the angel arms, Woolfwood is a priest, Knives and Vash are like Adam and Eve (haha, Knives has to be a girl!), and the things mentioned by Woolfwood in his dieing moments; all of which are examples of this. It's interesting to see an anime of which may be based off religion, heh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 9Eagle7Dragon
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]Phew, quite a lot of cussing. I almost got in trouble for showing it to my little brother, haha.

Anyway, it does deal a lot with religion. theOtaku covers much, if not all of it, and you should see what they have. The things I personally have found are the angel arms, Woolfwood is a priest, Knives and Vash are like Adam and Eve (haha, Knives has to be a girl!), and the things mentioned by Woolfwood in his dieing moments; all of which are examples of this. It's interesting to see an anime of which may be based off religion, heh. [/B][/QUOTE]

Knives as Eve?!?! Buddy, you don't know wtf you are talking about. Vash is an effeminite hetrosexual at very best. Pretty much me and all my trigun friends have indavidually reached the conclusion that Vash is gay, he should be Eve. But that takes care of the personal matters here.

Lem made many refrances to an eden, simply put everyone who ever mentioned eden was simply talking about a paridise. Basicly a land of oppurtunity, sort of like how America is refered to. And it is kind of religous, but I have to add someting else in here too.

The creator of Trigun, Nightow, is Japanese.[i] (duh)[/i] Anyway, he makes many refrances to the Catholic religion. If there's one thing about the Japs that I know, the know pretty much zip about christianity and love making fun of it in amime. (Didn't duo maxwell dress up as a catholic priest in a gundam episode? He's no priest, I'll tell you that.) They use christianity in ways like in Trigun all the time. Yes, wolfwood is a priest who carries a huge machcine gun/pistol/rocket launcehr cross around. It seems all the good guys make referances to eden. And the angel arm thing. That's about as far as it goes.

Guest 9Eagle7Dragon
[spoiler]SPOILER WARNING!!
Ok, I'll have to clear this up too. The freaky arm gun thing is called the Angel Arm. Knives made two for him and Vash to use to destroy the humans.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by 9Eagle7Dragon [/i]
[B]Knives as Eve?!?! Buddy, you don't know wtf you are talking about. Vash is an effeminite hetrosexual at very best. Pretty much me and all my trigun friends have indavidually reached the conclusion that Vash is gay, he should be Eve. But that takes care of the personal matters here.

Lem made many refrances to an eden, simply put everyone who ever mentioned eden was simply talking about a paridise. Basicly a land of oppurtunity, sort of like how America is refered to. And it is kind of religous, but I have to add someting else in here too.

The creator of Trigun, Nightow, is Japanese.[i] (duh)[/i] Anyway, he makes many refrances to the Catholic religion. If there's one thing about the Japs that I know, the know pretty much zip about christianity and love making fun of it in amime. (Didn't duo maxwell dress up as a catholic priest in a gundam episode? He's no priest, I'll tell you that.) They use christianity in ways like in Trigun all the time. Yes, wolfwood is a priest who carries a huge machcine gun/pistol/rocket launcehr cross around. It seems all the good guys make referances to eden. And the angel arm thing. That's about as far as it goes. [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=teal]I never said anything about Knives being homosexual. The references towards him and Eve were merely actions taken by the two, not that Knives has shown signs of femininity. I said that little phrase within the parenthesies as a mere joke. Let me explain. In Eden, Eve currupts Adam, and gets them sent to Earth. As Eve abandons God and takes Adam with her, so Knives abandons the human race, taking Vash with him. It has nothing to do with Knives being straight or gay; you can compare a man and a woman without going that far.

Yes, they did make Eden out as a paradise, which is what it basically is anyway.

As for Wolfwood and his cross, I think he was portrayed as a hypocrit. He is a traveling priest detirmined to spread the word of god, and yet, he used his cross to kill people. Hence the saying, do as I say, not as I do.[/color]

Guest 9Eagle7Dragon
Sorry about that, I got possesed or something... (Or something...) Anyway, it's just an inside joke about Vash being gay, I really meant nothing of it (outside my sphere of friends.) Sometimes I forget who I'm talking to (strangers). I feel a little protective of Knives though; we share so many traits. In hindsight, I really can't believe that I wrote something that long defending the psychopath even though he wasn't accused of what I was defending him for. (Calvin and Hobbes exerpt: [i]The defendent petitions for a new trial on the grounds that his laywer is incompetent."[/i] don't ask... I'm arranging the Calvin and Hobbes books into biblical verses so that I can more freely quote it.) In closing, sorry about that.

• 1 month later...
I agree. I wouldn't have sat through the whole thing without the comedy...

Well, actually, I probably would.

Anyway, I think that the comedic parts were supposed to dominate or at least rival the other, serious parts.. They balance eachother out, knumsayin?