OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

[color=crimson][size=1]The animation in Trigun is really good and detailed and the woman are pretty but they aren't whorish, so it's a good show for anyone to watch (all except for the occasional language and suggestive themes...) But yeah, I mean look at Meryl and Millie. They are some of the coolest heroines ever, and do they have to be super attractive? NO... and look at Rem. She's beautiful and graceful, but she definately does not have the whorish quality that you see in alot of anime heroines nowadays. It's like the animaters are thinking "The bigger her boobs, the more we'll sell..." It's so ridiculous that they have to consider stuff like that to market anime. But like I was saying, and the male characters are very attractice themselves, especially that blue haired guy...but I can't remember his name...I'm thinking Zero for some reason, but I know that can't be it...but he is SOME kind of sexy... (I think they were trying to appeal to the women there... *sweatdrops*) ANYWHO, and Kuro NEKO is so CUTE! Like I always say! :)[/color][/size]

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Anna, you WANT to see this cool show :). Asuka, that blue haired guy you spoke of, by any chance is it the priest, Nicholas D Wolfwood? I love this guy, makes me laugh all the time! And that CAT! I love'em! It appears in EVERY show like a running gag. And you're right about Milly and Meryl. They're not whorish like you say and can really kick *** I really like Milly's stun gun:)

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen Trigun!!

Not all of though...I've seen up to episode 20 but I'm watching the rest tomorrow.

I have to say, everything about Trigun is great so far, I love the comedy and action.(except some of the people are kind of freaky looking) My favorite charactor is WolfWood...hopefully he won't have a screwed up past like all my other favorite charactors do. ^_^;;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]But like I was saying, and the male characters are very attractice themselves, especially that blue haired guy...but I can't remember his name...I'm thinking Zero for some reason, but I know that can't be it...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]That's [URL=http://bigsplat.net/personal/bluefactor72/legato112.jpg]Legato Bluesummers[/URL]. He's probably my favorite character. I just watched Trigun a second time with my dad, and he's been coming up with all sorts of theories for the show. I think the Gung-Ho Guns didn't get enough screen time.[/COLOR]

i haven't , er..., "seen it" persé, but i did have a little online phase of it cuz the best anime/graphic design artist said it was his fave series, though he pronounces it "tree-gun"..... i think knives is by far the best character

SPOILERS!

I just saw the last episode, Trigun has become one of my favorite series ^^.But, rhy did WolfWood have to die?? :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

I started crying during the part when Wolf Wood was praying in the chapel..

A lot of the things really surprised me, like how Wolf Wood was one of the Gun- Ho- Guns and how Vash was created.

END OF SPOILERS

If you havn't seen the series or at least just the first half, please buy it, I highly recomend it!

The series is on the episodic side, with several two-parters and a couple minor characters that stay on for a few episodes. The tightly sequenced stories, time-wise, give Trigun a strong sense of continuity that other shows of this format tend to lack. Despite his reputation for the contrary, Vash always winds up helping out some person in distress, and sometimes involutarily

Another strong point of Trigun would be its animation and art. The character designs are crisp, consistent, and interesting. The first few episodes look excellent, the colors and cel painting being particularly outstanding. Of course, with Madhouse at the helm one would not expect anything less. The animation quality has dropped a little recently, but it is still good enough that when scenes are incorporated into the opening for that episode, it works.

There is a very positive correlation to Cowboy Bebop, they are similar in many ways, from comic relief to serious life and death battles.

Trigun has style and attitude, from the heavy metal BGM used in the opening right down to the grunge-style ending theme song done to clips of Vash sleeping, or doing laundry. It is not an intellectual trip, but it is fun and cool, and highly recommended.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpyderDragon [/i]
[B]Wolfwood owns you, I love when Gods so In your face. Hes the greatest anime char of all time *not really, I wasn't thinkning* but hes great. [/B][/QUOTE]

WolfWood is cool, he's one of my anime favorite charactors(and has a cool gun) but he doesn't come even close to how much I like Kyou and Sakuma ^^

I have the first six volumes and I love it. The first DVD will supply a few laughs and some action, but it's basically a teaser. The 5th episode is when things start to pick up and that was when I got hooked. It's one of those space cowboy shows as people like to call them. There are many filler episodes though. Yashiro Nightow is a very creative man. Many of his characters are very unique. He can draw great heroes and great villians. They stylized characters are a big pro in the show. The first half is humorous and fun, but things start to take a darker tone when Legato and his Gung Ho Guns come into the picture. Each one is unique (like I mentioned above about the character styles) and deadly. Vash has many secrets and a very tragic and twisted path. This show has a lot of style, innovativeness and substance, it shouldn't be missed. I can't wait to see how it ends.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpyderDragon [/i]
[B]Now I've seen the sixth, the madness. Wolfwood just keeps getting better. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah..but the episode called "Paradise" may make you angry :(

I love his cross! He has the coolest anime gun ever.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ThePikasElbow [/i]
[B]I have the first six volumes and I love it. The first DVD will supply a few laughs and some action, but it's basically a teaser. The 5th episode is when things start to pick up and that was when I got hooked.[/B][/QUOTE]

I also started to get hooked in episode 5...but episode 6 got me really intrested in what hapened to Vash.

I just got the first Volume on dvd from a friend. I watched it and needless to say it was freaking awesome. There is action, comedy, and story. I love it to death. ::Hugs Trigun dvd:: I am pretty sure within a few months I can scrounge up the money to buy the whole series, untill then.......:)