Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

Guest Watinabe
You know I think your right Ryo they wouldn't edit it on adult swim. As a matter of fact it is the perfect anime to air on AS @_@.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trigun will most likely be ruined by pitful dubbing that Cartoon Network does so well. If you have seen some of unedited versions of their best animes you would understand.

EDIT: [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Watinabe [/i]
[B]You know I think your right Ryo they wouldn't edit it on adult swim. As a matter of fact it is the perfect anime to air on AS @_@. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes they do. No offence but you don't really know about the anime's then.

[color=teal]Please do not double post. -Syk3[/color]

I know one thing, the opening titles in the Japanese version had varying episode clips each time, while the dubbed has the same opening title sequence every time save the changing of the content of a wanted poster.

No idea about how much they could edit from it, if they decide to airbrush out any cigarettes smoked by no priest in particular -^o^- then I'll be very upset (Like what they did to Blue Submarine 6)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by VashtheStampede [/i]
[B]FACT OF TRIGUN: it didnt do good at all in japan even though thats where it was made :whoops: [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess thats why we havent heard anything about sequels or movies. Or that video game for that matter. The manga is still going, even though it switched publisher after the first three books, becoming Trigun Maximum.

That'll be another one of my favourite animes that didnt do so well in its home country.:(

I'm kind of surprised at that fact. I think Trigun was great, but perhaps the Japanese had seen it all before, or maybe there was another cool series playing around the same time? Maybe it was too 'western' or could it have been aimed at an American audience? Oh well, at least it's doing good over here. In fact, it's my second favorite series.

I came in at an odd time on this...but I like both sides to it...seeing Vash run around stuffing donuts in his mouth and TRYING to talk can be hilarious...especially if there's nine other people in the room, two of which are ACTUALLY EATING A DONUT! (This is what was happenning the night we first watched Trigun) On the other hand, the desperation and anxiety (sp?) of watching Vash and Wolfwood (once more, sp?) fighting throung a field of robots is very entertaining as well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spike 23 [/i]
[B]I have to say i agree vash is thee most amusing characters ive seen in a long time OH YEAH
And also word up to all the plant lovers OH YEAH [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please try to clean up your post and make it just a bit more coherent.

ANYWHO, you guys, I did NOT know that [spoiler]Wolfwood dies[/spoiler], so I'm so glad that was ruined for me....I'm pretty mad. That's what the SPOILER TAG is for! You can't just assume everyone has seen the entire series!

AnyWAYS, Ben, I agree with you. I love the comedic side more than the serious side because I love to laugh and it was just hilarious. It's what made the show so excellent in the beginning.[/color][/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Syk, I want the link to the site that sells the boxed set for $35 because everywhere I go, they want $180. And that's a rip off.

ANYWHO, I liked the dubbing of Trigun the first time I watched the show. It's one of the only dubbed shows I watched and enjoyed every person's voice. And because of that, I've only watched it subbed one time.

This also is probably the only series I'm happy to see on Adult Swim. This series is so GREAT I want the whole world to watch it! ^_^[/color][/size]

Trigun is an excellent show...

I hadn't opined on the subject do to it being in a subforum, which had far less traffic, that made me assume no good converstations would lead from any posting.

Now this is in the general anime forum.

That being said, I think I should mention that trigun is like kenshin with more in 1 specific way. (amongst others in other peoples opinions)

But the similiarity for me that is the greatest is the humor of the show.

There are few animes that have as much humor in them as trigun. I just love the "big girl" of the 2 insurance girls. (think her name is milly)

I also just plain out love the reactions of the charactors as well as the charactor of vash in general.

This show is like kenshin in that sense...

Both shows have high emotional content and high action content, but what makes me watch and record everyday, is the humor.

The bottom line...

I give trigun a big enthusiastic 8.5 out of 10. (since nothing is perfect, but this is close)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Plant_Angel [/i]
[B]I want them to bring us more merchandise!! Ok, so Im a born collecter, but I really like the looks of that cuddly Vash. And the action figure. And the keyrings. And.........well, a lot.

-^____^- [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I have a KuroNeko plushie. It's one of my most prized possessions. ^_^ I got it for my birthday last year. And I got a keychain of Millie. [/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Forgottendeth [/i]
[B]Trigun will most likely be ruined by pitful dubbing that Cartoon Network does so well.[/B][/QUOTE]
Cartoon Network doesn't dub anything. They only edit the shows for television. All of the voice-overs are done by different companies. I can't believe how many people get that mixed up.

Anyway, I really like this show. It has that serious tone that comes from an action series (which it is), but it suddenly breaks into off-the-wall humor like any comedy series (which it also is). This show goes on my top-anime list, just below Slayers (which got a higher rank for having more episodes).

After I get myself a job (still waiting for them to read my applications and call), I'm gonna buy the box set. Apparently, it must be worth it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]Cartoon Network doesn't dub anything. They only edit the shows for television. All of the voice-overs are done by different companies. I can't believe how many people get that mixed up.

Anyway, I really like this show. It has that serious tone that comes from an action series (which it is), but it suddenly breaks into off-the-wall humor like any comedy series (which it also is). This show goes on my top-anime list, just below Slayers (which got a higher rank for having more episodes).

After I get myself a job (still waiting for them to read my applications and call), I'm gonna buy the box set. Apparently, it must be worth it. [/B][/QUOTE]
*cough* $35 dollars if you act now! *points to signature*

Trigun is also on my favorites list, second only to Cowboy Bebop, and above even Evangelion. It's rediculous how people judge the dub so quickly, much less believe that Cartoon Network does the dubbing. Trigun was actually done very well, dubbed by a good company of which I do not know the name..ai, will the bashing never end?

Kenshin, eh? I'll be looking out for that one.....how much of it is there? Anything with a similarity to the way Trigun is played out must be very interesting ^_^

What would you give Kenshin as compared to Trigun? (I havent seen it, you know)

Oh, a lot of replies came from nowhere, sorry! Im refering to Gokents review and comparison to Kenshin :cross:

Well it looks like we're moving to a new stage in the trigun series here on cn.

The reason I say this is because of the introduction of this new charactor... Hes a nasty fella and I dont know his name unfortunatly.

But with the way vash went out and said to the girls to stay behind... it became obvious that vash is on the offensive and more than likely he will be getting into some serious fights for the next week of episodes atleast.