49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've confused the anime and the manga.

In the anime, Legato isn't crushed (although Knives does drive a spiked rock through his shoulder once). Nevertheless, he's left intact until the end in the anime, [spoiler]where he meets his death by forcing Vash to shoot him in the head[/spoiler]

In the manga, [spoiler]Legato is crushed for attempting to kill Vash, or so I've heard. Also in the manga, he is alive to this point of the storyline.[/spoiler]

By the way [spoiler] in the manga scan I saw, Knives is totally naked when he does this to Legato. . .which makes me wonder if this is a hint at K/L being canon.[/spoiler]

From what I hear (although I'm NO manga expert, LOL, wait for Metatron and Plant_Angel) it is [i]very[/i] different.

The Trigun manga and anime are alternate universes, similar to an anime and a fanfic where a few specifics of the universe and characterization are changed but the plot and general ideas remain the same.

The comparison I often use is playing a game of Chrono Trigger using different characters and going for a different ending-the basics are the same, but a LOT of the details and things along the way are different.

Hey everyone! Well, I can't pass a Trigun thread without giving my opinion on this great show, so here it is:

To date, Trigun is my favorite anime. Except for maybe Meryl, I love all the characters to death. Vash is my favorite; it really touches me how he doesn't want to kill anyone. I've just seen too many animes with heroes that just mindlessly kill their opponents; this was a great change for me. And he was just so sweet, I'm a sucker for sweet guys. His devotion to his morals and the woman who taught them to him was so cute to me.

Some people complained that they didn't like it how it went from a comedy to a drama halfway through. It just worked for me, and it went interestingly with the character development. At first you think Vash is this crazy, random guy, but little by little they show his character to you.

My fave episodes were:

9-Murder Machine- C'mon, you guys know you love Wolfwood. Just nod your head yes. He and Vash make such a cute pair (friends, I mean. Don't get any ideas, yaoi fangirls :wigout: )

12-Diablo- I always really liked this one, it really started up the show. Legato is one of the coolest villians ever.

23-Paradise- I hate this episode! Hate it, hate it, hate it, it was so sad! And by hate I mean love. I can't help it, the end was so touching, I cried. And animes don't usually make me cry.

24-Sin- Yet again, so sad, and yet so good.

25-Live Through- This one was all over the place emotion-wise, and I kind of liked that. And even though I hate Meryl, the hug was very cute.

I really liked 26, but it isn't my favorite. Mostly because it left me wondering what happened next, then I couldn't sleep, then I was tired during school the next day :sleep: .

Anyways, that's all I have to say for now. If you disagree with any of my views, feel free to say so, but go easy on me, I'm new. See you all later!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JazzLady22 [/i]
[B]Hey everyone! Well, I can't pass a Trigun thread without giving my opinion on this great show, so here it is:

To date, Trigun is my favorite anime. Except for maybe Meryl, I love all the characters to death. Vash is my favorite; it really touches me how he doesn't want to kill anyone. I've just seen too many animes with heroes that just mindlessly kill their opponents; this was a great change for me. And he was just so sweet, I'm a sucker for sweet guys. His devotion to his morals and the woman who taught them to him was so cute to me.

Some people complained that they didn't like it how it went from a comedy to a drama halfway through. It just worked for me, and it went interestingly with the character development. At first you think Vash is this crazy, random guy, but little by little they show his character to you.

My fave episodes were:

9-Murder Machine- C'mon, you guys know you love Wolfwood. Just nod your head yes. He and Vash make such a cute pair (friends, I mean. Don't get any ideas, yaoi fangirls :wigout: )

12-Diablo- I always really liked this one, it really started up the show. Legato is one of the coolest villians ever.

23-Paradise- I hate this episode! Hate it, hate it, hate it, it was so sad! And by hate I mean love. I can't help it, the end was so touching, I cried. And animes don't usually make me cry.

24-Sin- Yet again, so sad, and yet so good.

25-Live Through- This one was all over the place emotion-wise, and I kind of liked that. And even though I hate Meryl, the hug was very cute.

I really liked 26, but it isn't my favorite. Mostly because it left me wondering what happened next, then I couldn't sleep, then I was tired during school the next day :sleep: .

Anyways, that's all I have to say for now. If you disagree with any of my views, feel free to say so, but go easy on me, I'm new. See you all later! [/B][/QUOTE]

I SO agree with this post, and hey, we have the same favorite episodes. How cool is that -^.^-

Anyway, I know leaving it at that would be spammy, so I'll say one more thing. Episode 26 was edited for time or for some other nonsensical reason (if anyone knows WHY this IMHO incredibly stupid edit was made, as well as the edit of the opening, send me a message).

From what I hear, anyway, in the unedited DVD version, the ending credits of the final episode were accompanied with a final scene showing Vash returning to the town with Knives, and meeting Milly and Meryl at the well. That was totally edited from the CN version:flaming: :mad: and they just used the normal eyecatch with credits.

Thanks MillieFan! We have the same favorites? Cool.

Yeah, I have the DVD, and that does happen during the credits of 26. It shows Vash walking into the town with Knives and waving at Meryl and Milly. Grrrr, curse you Cartoon Network, they just showed the episode 1 credits for every episode.

Why they did this, I don't know. Maybe it cost less money to use the same credits?

Man, now I wish that I have the Trigun DVD's. Okay, I've wanted them for a long time, but this makes me want them more.

I find episode 12 a bit creepy. Especially because of that one GHG (I don't remember his name!), but it's the first time that Vash uses his gun arm, and that's cool.

There are more infromative credits on episode 26? Grr, CN needs to put them back. I want to know what happened!

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]^_^ I love Trigun, it is my 3rd fav anime! I have seen most of the episodes... I have probably missed about 3 eps. But even so, I would have to say all of the episodes are the best, I just can't decide.
My favorite characters are Vash and Wolfwood. Vash is so weird and cute!! Heh, it's funny, but I act the same way he does when it comes to donuts. ^_^ I can't say why I like Wolfwood though... I just do!!
I love the music, I always have that CD on whe I'm home. I only have the first CD though, I didn't have enough money at the time for both. But my fav songs are No Beat, Blood and Thunder, Blue Funk, Not an Angel, Sound Life, H.T., and Fool's Paradise.
I wish I wasn't broke, then I could buy the DVD's! Then I could see that last part on ep. 26. ;_; I'll have the money on of these days!!! *holds fist in the air*
Anyway... If i'm forgetting anything, you can visit myotaku to see my Trigun report![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[color=crimson]About the edited ending everyone is talking about:

It just mainly consists of:
-a closeup shot of Vash's gun he threw down,
-a shot of the well back at town(with water spewing up from it),
-Kuroneko floating(or swimming?) in the water,
-a shot of Milly and Meryl smiling,
-A shot of the outskirts of town with a lone figure in the distance(Vash),
-Vash with Knives over his shoulder,
-and then a closeup pic of Vash with a wide grin on his face.

I found some actual screenshots at [URL=http://www.0system.com/trigun/]>>a site<<[/URL] in the screenshots section.

It's more like a slideshow than anything though.[/color]

Hey Xai! I can't believe I never knew about that site! Now I have two great screenshot sites, bishounen.net and there. Thanks sooo much. That site is definitely going into my favorites *smiles and hugs Xai*

Anyway, thanks again. That site, if I like the rest of it, will be listed in one of my next posts to myotaku. . .by the way, I see you liked the Yoko Kanno site. No problem: I love promoting great sites like that one. -^.^-

I think Trigun is one of my favorite shows!!My favorite character is Vash of course....he's just so...funny!!

Hey Jazzlady!!to answer your question i know tons of people who would want to be your friend! oh and Jazzlady is right!I checked out the pictures Xia i think they're the best Trigun pics I've ever seen!!!

[color=crimson]Well, it doesn't actually show them meeting up, but it shows Vash walking back in the town in the credits, and Meryl and Milly see him and smile.

Pretty happy ending, but I wish there was more to show what happened after Vash got back, and what Knives did when he woke up.

>_>

<_<[/color]

[spoiler]And Knives was never shown dying. Vash wouldn't carry a dead body over his shoulder. he said he would 'Save Knives' and i'm sure he didn't kill him. He never hit any fital spots and you also neglect the fact that both of them have hightened heeling capabilites and what not. I doubt he died. [/spoiler]I jsut wish they would follow up on what happened in the end with a second series and/or OVA mini-series.

In reply to Double B Daigo's post:

LOL, that is never going to happen. We all wish it would (and an OVA with art similar to Cowboy Bebop's art would totally do this series justice) but according to the rumors, Nightow has had major falling-outs with both his original manga producer and with the anime producers. Courts were involved, IIRC.

I think any hope of seeing anything more Trigun-wise other than the manga or fanfictions is nonexistent.

Good point Molleta. :)