OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

[color=green]I think a lot of your observations are pretty accurate, Artemis. I really didn't think that I was going to like it at the beginning either. I thought it was going to be too goofy. I think it is a quality series, but it doesn't really come into it's own until the end of the series. Vash, while goofy and seemilngly a coward, is a good character (not good vs evil, but I like him good). HE is so emotionally stunted for having lived so long. It is only in the loss of his lifelong beliefthat he truly find himself and happiness. Wolfwood is still my favorite though, but I;ve said that before...[/color]

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my main complaints are that they didn't do enough background on the series, (i.e. Meryl and Milly were never completely explained as characters, and neither was Legato or even Knives. Grr.)

However, I still find it to be one of my favorite animes, and the fanfiction at its best can be really good because there was so much left open and left to debate. I mean, almost my entire list of favorites at fanfiction.net is post-series stories or attempts at explanations. (Sadly though, many of the newbie authors seem to think a good story consists of a Mary Sue, horribly written Wolfwood/Vash yaoi, or both)

As for the spiritual allegory angle, I don't agree with that as much as some other people do, simply because I have reasons to believe that either no allegory was intended or that if it were, it was horribly botched to the point of being barely applicable (i.e. like Evangelion)

I think the series needed to be longer (26 episodes were not enough. . .), to have more character development, to have a much more fluid and better animation style (i.e. Cowboy Bebop's art style would have been much better for it), and as an aside I personally think [spoiler]Wolfwood and Legato both should have lived, because they were the deepest characters in the series, as well as the cutest bishounen[/spoiler] (LOL, fangirl opinion, hehe :blush: )

Nevertheless, it's one of my favorite animes, and IMHO good anime. Of course, everyone has a different opinion though

I do like the balance of insane humor and serious drama, the characterization on Wolfwood, the characterization on Vash, the general plot and ideas, and a lot of other things. . .I would list those but I have to leave the computer really soon.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inuyashagurl_15 [/i]
[B]I think after the last ep they shoul keep playing new ones [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please visit the OB Information Center and read the rules on post quality. What you typed was practically spam and you'll see why once you read the rules, which is required reading for all new members.

If you continue to post like this, it will be deleted. Thank you.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Leh [/i]
[B][size=1][color=red][b]I haven't watched Trigun yet, but I want to see it. An interesting fact is the Johnny Bosch (Green, Black Ranger [Morphin-Zeo-Turbo]) does Vash's voice.[/b][/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, that is an interesting fact, sort of. I haven't really liked the Power Rangers since I was 7. If you want to watch Trigun, you'll either have to tape it, or stay up until 12:00. I'd suggest the first one, it's a lot easier.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Inu-Jinjirou [/i]
[B][spoiler]I dont think hey should have kept Wolfwood. He was such a great character and they killed him off. His dieing sceen was emotinal. So was Mryl.[/spoiler]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please use the spoiler tags when referring to things such as this. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

What [I]are[/I] you talking about? [spoiler]Meryl didn't die, at least in the anime. I don't know about the manga, but in the anime she definitely did not die. [/spoiler]

Or are you trying to say the episode [spoiler] where she finally somewhat-realized she was in love with Vash [/spoiler] ("Live Through") was very emotional? If you're saying that, I agree with you-that was one of my favorite episodes. :bawl:

[color=green]I think my two favorite episodes are "Sin" the one before "Live Through" and "Under the Sky So Blue" the one after. I think that "Live Through" is great too, I just prefer the other two. I have about half the episodes on tape from AS, but the sound quality isn't great from taping them. The more I watch them (over and over lol) I think the the animation, while not top-notch is fitting for the series... to be on a planet that is so set back, perhaps the primitive-ish animation is perfect... think about it.[/color]

I see what you mean about having it on tape. And LOL, my TV is 11 years old and my VCR almost as old.

The picture and sound quality on my PC (despite its loser integrated graphics card and weak speaker setup) is SO much better than my TV and VCR.

I'm buying the box set as soon as I get enough money (LOL, in a few years when I can get a job or actually sell some of my writing). I want to see the subtitled, and seeing it on my PC (especially if I can also afford a graphics and sound upgrade by that time) is a treat that I'm really looking forward to. . .:tasty: :love: :love2:

My favorite episodes are:

"Quick Draw" becaue of the cool action.

"FLying Ship" and the one after that becasue of the intrducion of the machine gun/bazooka Cross Punisher No.2

"Live Through" because the end of the episode is so up lifting and motivative.

"Under the Sky So BLue" for obvious reasons.

"Killing Machine" becuase of the intro of my faovrite Character of all time, Wofwood.

The third to last episode because, hate if you must,[spoiler] LEgato DIED! YES! HE DESERVED EVERY LITTLE BIT OF IT! GO AND KILL WOLFWOOD! THAT #@%^@![/spoiler]

And Trigun happnes to be my favorite anime along with FLCL, Gundam, and Cowboy Bebop. :D

[color=hotpink][size=1]You should know better by now to use spoiler tags. I'm disappointed. *QA*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by black_Snake [/i]
[B]trigun is the best along with FLCL ,Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop. I emjoyed this anime alot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOLFWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
legato:flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I'm sorry, but this post was spam. Please go visit the OtakuBoards information center and read the rules about post quality and what is expected of you there. Next time I see a post like this, it will be deleted immediately.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]My favorite episodes are:

The third to last episode because, hate if you must,[spoiler] LEgato DIED! YES! HE DESERVED EVERY LITTLE BIT OF IT! GO AND KILL WOLFWOOD! THAT #@%^@![/spoiler]

[color=hotpink][size=1]You should know better by now to use spoiler tags. I'm disappointed. *QA*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Um, that part creeps me out, but it sort of makes sense. I don't like your opinion of [spoiler] Legato's death. He may have been evil, but he could have been a nice guy. No one (except maybe Metatron, I can't spell worth crap) knows much about Legato.[/spoiler]

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Someone turned the thread I started into a whole new discussion! o_O don't sessha deGozaru yo feel speshal! OHOHohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoh...*ahem* sorry about that...well, since you all bropught it up, I think that Trigun is really kewl. The voices match, the villians are awesome, and the plot is wicked-wicked cool. They are also quite creative in my opinon :)
DElete this if you will, for I am tired...
Cocomi

This anime was cool! That totally sucked when Wolfwood died. I totally got po'ed. I didn't think they would kill him off! Then Legato gets killed. What justice. Legato had it coming to him anyway. I heard something about theres supposed to be a series continuing Trigun? It didn't have anything to do with Vash, but it does have something to do with it. Anyone know of this?

Not that I want to play mod, but this entire thread needs a spoiler tag, LOL. :D

As for that rumor, I wouldn't bet anything important on it LOL. I think it's a "composite" rumor (i.e. combine something that did happen with a ton of wishful thinking) since the production company for Trigun also produced another, totally unrelated aside from the space western genre, anime called "Gungrave."

[spoiler]As a fan of both Wolfwood and Legato, I would have preferred it if both had stayed alive throughout the series, or at least if they had had a final battle directly with each other like Vash and Knives did. Nevertheless, their death scenes were touching. . .and hey, they're still alive in more fanfictions than you can count and in the manga so far. ~.^[/spoiler]

[color=crimson]Heh, I've been meaning to post in this thread for a while...:sweat:

Trigun is my favorite. I'm getting the DVDs one of these days... (and I am SO getting the manga when it comes out)

I really love Vash's character... his devotion to Rem is really sweet. He's still holding on to her philosophy after all those years.

I also really like meryl, Wolfwood, and Legato. My favorite episodes are Paradise, Sin, and Live Through. The saddest episodes in the show... They didn't really make me cry but made me feel really sad and a little empty inside. Live Through had a happy ending, though and I liked the part where Meryl confronted that guy that was going to shoot Vash and she reminded him(Vash) of Rem. The hug scene was cute too.(I guess you can tell I like the V/M pairing. heh. )

I like how the series starts off with humor, but gradually gets more serious as it goes on. (even moreso when ep. 12 comes around) I also really like the music, my favorites would have to be Rakuen and Sound Life, among others.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bubalicio [/i]
[B]Hey is there Trigun on dvd series? if it is where on web sites or stores plz be specific and where. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, there are some Trigun DVD's at the B. Dalton in my local mall, but if you don't live somewhere around Alton, IL, then I can't tell you where to get them. My friends probably could, but they're not registered here.

I must admit, I am sort of a rabid Wolfwood fan. I really like the way he makes his sunglasses look cool. I know that that has nothing to do with what we're talking about, but I had to say it. Anyway, [spoiler]I HATED IT WHEN WOLFWOOD DIED! I didn't cry or anything (I can block out my emotions when needed), but it was still really sad. The fact that Millie cried uncontrollably and Vash kept it cool is sort of a sign that they really knew Wolfwood well. [/spoiler]

That's really a load of thinking and flashbacks. It takes a lot for me to think like that. I think it's bedtime, but I'm not sure. :babble: :babble: :babble:... :sleep:

i think trigun is one of the best anime out there. the only one i can think of that would be a little bit better would be Chobits....but that's probably only because i'm in love with hideki. didn't it completely suck when wolfwood died? i cried like a baby! uh..*ahem* don't tell anybody. the dvds they sell at many malls and here in texas you can buy the whole season but it costs like $200. there's a website i think it's called Entertainment Now dunno the web address. you can order it online for like $140. good luck finding it!

I'll post a bit on how things carry out on the manga. I'll try not to go overboard and spoil the entire thing, but if i do, reader beware.

[spoiler] Legato is a psycho. No question about it. He's a completely devoted psycho. He is first ordered to protect Knives during his reincarnation(after Vash blew off half his body at July). He orders the GHGs to kill Vash when Vash arrives at the scene, but he is crushed(literally) by reincarnated Knives who says "Who the hell said you can kill him you scum?" He loses all his limbs from this incident, and since then is carried around by a huge, inhuman looking female who is supposedly under his control. [/i]

As for Wolfwood, [spoiler] he's part of a plant-worshipping religion called the "Michael's Eye"(Fallen Angel's Eye). However, the truth is that they are all a bunch of elite killers, and the best are reserved three spots in the GHG. He, like in the anime, is not the real "Chapel", and there is another Chapel before him, though very different from the anime. He originally comes with the agenda to kill Knives and Vash by making them fight each other, but as the story progresses, he slowly begins to waver. He occasionally remarks on the different level that Vash and Knives are in, through expressions such as "They don't give a damn as to what bugs do", "I saw death, black and looming, from the man before me." But rest assured to Wolfwood fans, he doesn't die(yet).[/spoiler]