OtakuBoards

Trigun

Die

So, who do you side with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. So, who do you side with?

• Idealistic Vash
    • Realistic Knives

I have a theory that Legato Bluesummers from Trigun is indeed a plant like Knives and Vash.
Why? Because I think that Vash's plant arm wouldn't have been compatible with a human body. Also because Legato says 'we should've died long ago the moment we set foot on this sandy planet' (or something like that) and that leads me to believe that my theory is correct. Do you people have any other interesting personal theories like the relevance of the song the Rem sings or other things? If so please tell me! I love things like this! XD!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your thread with the existing Trigun thread- specific animes should have one thread each, so be sure to check the Threads Directory Sticky at the top of the page or search the forum first. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Verdana][color=blue]This thread is just something I made to see what people think of Vash from Trigun. Here's what made me think of it:[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]I know a lot of people who don't like Trigun. Now, some of them just don't like the story but most of them don't like it because of Vash. They say he's "too stupid." Here's what I think though. He may [i]act[/i] stupid but he most definitely isn't. Think about it. He has a $$60 billion bounty on his head and has had it for a while. If he was really that stupid, would he still be alive?[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Here's another point. He has made it this long without killing anyone. He must be pretty smart if he can have the best shot known to man yet still not kill a single person. (Actually, I'm not sure, maybe he did kill [i]some[/i] people but the number is still very low).[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]My question to you is this: What do you think of Vash? Do you like him? Do you think he's stupid as many people I know do?[/color][/font]

Definitely not stupid, infact extremely smart. And also the ultimate pacifist. I think some people don't like it because of his strange comedic actions.

Trigun goes to extremes sometimes as well. It just goes from Vash making humourous expressions to thrilling gun battles. I guess some people don't like diversity.

^_^.

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I agree with you there. They to take it to a bit of an extreme sometimes but that's one of the things I like about the show. The fact that it does go from comedy to a gun battle. That is probably why some people don't like it though.[/color][/font]

[color=darkviolet]He's a rather odd sort of pacifist. He almost reminded me of Quatre from Gundam Wing when I started watching Trigun. I think it's interesting that even though he has those arms that he can turn into guns he hardly ever uses them.

Like that episode with the bar, with that girl and everything (Sorry, I haven't watched in a while) They were all forced to give up their weapons and being shot at. (O.k., so Meryl had those little one shot guns, but that's not part of the explaination) But Vash didn't use those guns, instead, he just did some weird stuff.

I don't think he fired a gun at all until one of those episodes where he ends up putting down his sunglasses.

Other than that he's a bit of a doughnut snorting goofball. I've had serious thoughts about a SailorMoon Trigun crossover where Usagi and Vash end up together. That would be interesting, don't you think?[/color]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]That would be interesting. I remember that episode. He ended up shooting them with a dart gun (the toy one that the little kid had). He ends up using it later too. I know what you mean though. He is a sort of weird pacifist but he's a pacifist none the less.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=#503F86]I merged your Vash thread with the existing Trigun one, Petie. Even it's about characters from a specific series, it's best to keep them in their specific threads, heh. But it's a decent topic- I was quite surprised ^_~

I don't think Vash is stupid at all- the reasonings and arguments he makes in the last few episodes is enough proof of that. There's far less comedy in those, even though from tie to time he still exhibits his weird nature.

The thing is that he has an innocent soul. He believes that nobody should be killed, and as almost everyone around him says, it's a rather naive way of looking at things. In the last episode, [spoiler]we see him following Knives around the planet until he shoots him in the leg and runs off[/spoiler]. This to me would suggest that he just hadn't had the chance to become his own person and was dependent on having company and intelligent people to make his decisions for him. It was only when [spoiler]July was destryoed[/spoiler] that he really had to fend for himself. He wasn't even a great gunman at that point.

I wonder if the muliple personalities-like syndrome might have erupted from that.[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Guest ouhokan
I dont know if I posted this here before or somwere else but if you put mille and marryl together it comes out alot like rem! I think they ment to do this.

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86']The thing is that he has an innocent soul. He believes that nobody should be killed, and as almost everyone around him says, it's a rather naive way of looking at things.[/COLOR][/quote]
Do you think it is Vash being naive? I always thought that he knew what he was doing and made a consious choice to not be violent, I dont know if its to set a good example or what have you, but never the less, I had always thought that Vash made a choice to be that way. I didnt think he was blinded by ideals in any way, just that he saw how the world was and decided to act different. Is this just me?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MangaFreak
Ok, you know how in the anime, Rem, Vash's love, sings this song called the first celestial evening.
I Think its a beautiful song. But I have a problem. I forgot most of the words!
Could any body help me out here? I love humming it and all but its more fun to sing. Espicially in the shower. LOL. But really, does any body know the whole lyrics?
I know the tune and the first verse then my mind draws a blank.
I really hope all you guys have a better memory than I do.
Thanks a bunch in advance!

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
[quote name='natetron46']Do you think it is Vash being naive? I always thought that he knew what he was doing and made a consious choice to not be violent, I dont know if its to set a good example or what have you, but never the less, I had always thought that Vash made a choice to be that way. I didnt think he was blinded by ideals in any way, just that he saw how the world was and decided to act different. Is this just me?[/quote]

I don't think that Vash is being naive and that he is making a choice to not kill. I think that he is doing this because of how Rem was she saved Vash and Knives from being killed twice and said that "no one has the right to decide who lives and who dies" now that is not word for word but it is as close as I can remember it.

[CENTER][COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Hello. Trigun is just one of my favorite animes
so far. I think I saw it first on Adult Swim, although
it was to late in the series for me to even get anything.
But, luckily, my friend had some of the volumes of
it. So, in the end I got to watch it. I think my favorite
character would either have to be Vash of Wolfwood.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Vash decides not to kill anyone due to the fact he is blinded by his power. He is so strong he tries to take the world's problems on his shoulders and thinks he can completely deal with them. Personally I do feel his logic is completely broken, and the show points it out. He has killed many people due to the fact that he cannot see the effects of his actions. If he was smart he would realize that killing one person early on, instead of letting him rampage until you could knock him out, would result in less deaths overall.

• 1 month later...
I Saw the ending of trigun. It left you hangin, not really knowing what happens. But I was wondering If there was a second season coming out. I heard it was called "Trigun Maximum". You guys ever hear of that? :animesigh :sweat:

----

I love trigun! :D As you can tell who I like *cuddles Vash plush* Yes :animesigh I know I know....i'm insane!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[color=navy][size=1]I merged your two consecutive replies. In the future, please don't double-post. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

[quote name='kiko17']I Saw the ending of trigun. It left you hangin, not really knowing what happens. But I was wondering If there was a second season coming out. I heard it was called "Trigun Maximum". You guys ever hear of that? :animesigh :sweat:[/quote]

To answer your question Trigun Maxium is the name of the trigun manga. Which is exactly like the show. No I dont think their will be a second season since Knives has been defeated I think that it was a fitting end to the series.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I LOVE the show its definatly one of my favories of all time. i do think that its way to short! It has a perfect balance of comedy,drama,and sillyness. Also a great balence of characters. like how meryl contrasts with vash one strick one goffy and wolfwood contrast milly as ones really smart and one's somewhat of a dits. I do love the ending but i think they should have explained how the gungho guns were formed and alittle more into vashes history, i really wana know were some of the more seriuse scar's on vashes body came from

• 1 year later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]I've been watching this show and really enjoying it. ^_^ I'm only to about the fourth disk I think. So far I get the biggest kick out of Vash. XD Him and his silly love and peace statement, along with how utterly goofy he is at times. It just makes me laugh.

That and how almost every place he goes ends with him being [spoiler]chased and shot at. Just as every town seems to end up destroyed and yet no one gets hurt.[/spoiler] I think what cracks me up the most is how that [spoiler]black cat seems to be in every single episode so far.[/spoiler] Hehe. ^_^

Meryl and Milly the two insurance agents that have been sent to find Vash make me laugh too. Especially Meryl and her refusing to believe that [spoiler]Vash really is the one they are looking for.[/spoiler] But I suppose that goofy personality of his and how he snarfs down donuts would confuse anyone.

Anyway, it's a great show. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[QUOTE]one of the shortest anime series,[/QUOTE]
It's 26 episodes long that isn't short at all. That's the average season length.

Anyway I have read the first volume of the manga and I've seen a few episodes. I really wanna watch it in its entirely but the dvds are way to expensive since they were licenced by geneon in the U.S.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Tallgeese-']Yea that black cat is probably the best character in the show next to Legato. =][/QUOTE]I agree that the cat is fun but Legato? >_> Uh no. That guy is [spoiler]creepier and meaner than hell.[/spoiler] But then that's expected of a character like that right? XP

Anyway, I'm still enjoying it even with the more serious slant it has now taken. Which I suppose is to be expected since such silliness can only go on for so long before one feels the need for some sort of direction or plot. [quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Does anyone have any more news about Trigun X, the new movie due to be out next year?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Until you posted, I hadn't even noticed the notes at other sites like Anime News Network that it had been mentioned. Considering how fun the show is... I know I'll want to see that when it's released.

Anyway, only two more DVD's left! :catgirl:[/FONT]