OtakuBoards

What are you afraid of?

Elk

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson]I have no idea why, but I seem to be afraid of the prospect of being in the middle of the deep ocean. In the zone where it begins to turn into a deep dark blue, where whales and such dwell. That scares the crap out of me that something- a something that is faster than me in the water, more atuned to being the water- will decide to drop in and say hello.

I know that the water pressure would more than likely kill me at that prospective depth, but most fears make no sense anyway.[/color]

?¢?Ó?¥?_?µ?Å?_?ï?îB

I fear spiders as well.

Yes, you are correct wrist cutter, I fear death. Not because of the pain, but because when I go I have to download all my songs again. >> lol. No I fear death because of non-exsistince, just something I fear.

?³?æ?È?ç

I fear that all religions are a product of the prospect of non-existence. I really don't want to "not-exist". I think that would suck, alot. That's the one fear I truly have, because it is completely out of my control. There is NOTHING I can do about it. So, I choose a religion, because it's what keeps my fragile psyche from collapsing. We all really are very fragile. Only the walls we build inside ourselves hold us up, but they push away the world. I need my walls, and religion is the strongest of them.

I'll have to concur with many of you in that I fear deep water. I love to go to beaches here, I really do, but for some reason I just can't get farther into the sea. Just thinking that the sea is so vast and that there could be things that haven't been discovered yet, gives me chills.

I also fear people in some ways. I tend to trust people to much or to early and, for some reason they take advantage of that. I'm the kind of person that gives 200%in helping others, and pretty much do not think in what I can get or how it would be beneficial for me while doing it. I just like to see peplo happy and it makes me a lot lot happier knowing that I could'have helped.

I...just like to help others........

deep water ,the dark blue kind ,in the middle of the ocean,yup pretty freaky stuff alright.

Yea it sucks when people take advantage of you in ways like that. I tend to get t with the whole '' money lending thing ''

One thing that really freaks me out is when your walking by yourself and its night and your concence starts to play game with you. Like , hey..... what if Mike Myers is waiting for me behind that bush sorta thing.

• 6 months later...
I fear sudden, intense pain, such as shots/ bee stings/ getting cavities filled/ etc.. Another thing I fear is being taken advantage of or attacked.
I am really shy, but I love people and am very bouncy, cheerful, and talkative around my friends and even total strangers (that doesn't make any sense, but oh well. It's more of a fear that people won't accept my opinions. I don't care if people don't like/ agree with my opinions and intrests; I'm weird and I know it, and I'm proud of my uniquness, too, but I fear that people (even my family and close friends) will not accept certain interests or opinions of mine, so I just don't mention them because I'm afraid I'll offend my friends by saying it. So I guess really I'm araid of offending others and being guilty. Nobody's perfect, that's even sort of a motto for me, but I'm scared to death that I will slip and do something really bad and offend someone really badly. Also, along those same lines, I'm afraid of getting in trouble. It's not the punishment I fear, it's the guilty feeling that I did something wrong. It's a huge paranoia, I don't like being guilty of something I know is wrong.
My other fear is losing friends. It rips me to pieces when I lose friends, I can't stand it. Whether it's because of moving away or just drifting apart, I get really depressed when I lose a friend. My mom is getting married soon (my parents are divorced), and that means that we wil probably have to move to a bigger house this summer. I have spent months making sure she moves to a house in the same school district as I'm in right now, I will not lose any more friends, I plan on graduating from high school with my best friend, Maya (well, that's her "inernet penname", like Diane is for me) and all my other friends. I already had to move away from friends once this year; my dad is a pastor, so he got moved to a new church and I had to leave all sorts of friends behind. I miss them so much :bawl: At this church, though, he only has to move away if he wants to switch churches. Yay!!! :D
Thanks fro actually reading my atempts at explaining my fears, I enjoyed reading yours, too. :babble: I like to talk... :laugh:

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]Wrist cutter wins because of Sienfeld quotes.

I fear my own mind. Last week, I was driving down the road at night, and my own brain statrs piling on these illogical and horrifying scenarios. What if my car breaks down, and I pull over, and am attacked by wolves? What if there's a killer in the backseat of my car? What if I loose control and swere into a ditch and die?

It seems my own pysche delights in taking the most inopportune times to torment me with horrible thoughts. My imagination, which has brought me such success, has a venemous downside I never appreciate.[/color][/size][/font]

Yeah I totally agree with Deathbug do you ever notice that when youre alone your mind really thinks up wild things? But when youre with your buds you never really have a problem with it. My mind always goes crazy about horror movies and after I see them. After I saw Resident Evil I was officially spooked for about a week and it didnt help that much that I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to do the paper route..... all by my self..... in the dark. thats what always scared the crap out of me :eek:

I am afraid of letting those who depend on me down. I don't want to be the weak link in the chain. I hate when I make mistakes or have an accident that causes trouble for those around me. I guess it is the perfectionist part of me.

I am not afraid of those typical "fears" that people have like death, injury, needles....I guess since I know what to expect from those. When I say I know what to expect I mean needles poke you, injury will hurt you, and death. Well death is something we ALL will have to face. It's the great equalizer. No matter how much money you have, how smart you are, or how evil you have been in life, we all have to go through that last step of life.

Back on topic. I am also a bit uncomfortable around guinea pigs. I know, have a good laugh everyone. I have never liked guinea pigs and when one would come into the vet clinic I would find something else to do. Many of the other girls would run when a snake would come in except for me....but a guinea pig...that is a different story. LOL

All in all, my biggest fear is letting people down.

[COLOR=Gray][FONT=Courier New]I think my two biggest fears are 1)sharks and 2)being abandoned.

I don't know why I am so scared of sharks. I mean, I swim in open (really deep *rolls eyes*) water all the time, and have never even had my toe bitten by a minoe (not that minoes really go about biting people's toes, but still). I guess it's more like a phobia, then, seeing as it is unexplained.

I'm the friend who calls incessantly, and always has to be there. I guess I'm afraid of being left out or alone more than anything else. Because of this, I'm often worry about having offended people to any degree, whether it was deliberate or not. You probably wouldn't guess it, however...>_>[/FONT][/COLOR]

I fear pain and any bug that stings. I'm also afraid of roaches. I have my reasons for that. I've always feared pain since the day I rolled off my bed at 12:00 AM while I was asleep and luckily got tangled in the sheets and woke up with my face about two inches from the floor. :eek: And I found a wasp in my soup once at my friend's 5th b-day party(dunno why but the kid loved soup :confused: ). And as for the roaches... I can't tell you. :laugh:

Guest wrestlemaniac40
As a wise man once said, "The only thing to fear, is fear itself." And that is the only thing that I am afraid of. Death doesn't scare me. because everyone eventually dies. I'm not afraid of needles either. I'm almost immune to pain.

Guest ScirosDarkblade
I fear death and really grim situations. I don't like being stuck on a small canoe way off shore on a deep glacier-created lake. I don't like being stuck in pitch-black in a cave. Things like that. They are very unnerving. Also I have a fear of heights, but that's a bit of an irrational fear and sometimes I can control it. Also I fear armed civillians, because with guns often comes stupidity (not always, so don't get on my case, but often dammit). Also they can't shoot me if they don't have a firearm.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm afraid of snapping turtles. They got their beady little eyes and their huge beaks. They sit on the bottom and eat fish and toes. It's unknown. When I do see one, I point at it and nearly go into convulsions. I thinks it's because of a bad childhood memory that I'm trying to repress, but hey. Scary bastards. Other than that, nothing I can think of. I fail all the time, I am slightly massochistic, and I like to succeed. There you go.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial Narrow]I have no idea why, but I have a fear of slimey things, especially snails and toads. I think it was because of some really weird freak accident I was the victim of when I was younger, but that is just a hypothesis. I actually have no idea. Other than that, I am not scared of death, or fear. Being afraid of fear is an oxymorn anyway. How can one be afraid of being afraid? You would be a wreck.

~CrH~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

well...most of the usual, usually defined by anything that is born with less than two legs and more than eight. However it's hard to separate some of my hate's from fears.

But the one that comes to mind is needles, if you've ever watched DBZ and Goku is freaking out about the injection...yep. Then again it's quite embarassing since I usually start crying just before they stick it in. I honestly can't help it.

And lastly...one which my teacher thinks it's a problem for me. I fear trusting people. Because of the knowledge that it's the people who are closest (or just know the most about you ) that you are most vunerable to. Vunerability sucks.

Hehehe, some of these fears are quite entertaining to read :laugh:

Guest wrestlemaniac40
This message is for CrH. "The only thing to fear, is fear itself". That is really more of an expression. When I say that I am afraid of fear, I'm basically saying that I don't want to be afraid of anything. I don't want to have fear. Because fear is what messes you up in life. So I'm afraid of being afraid.

What am I afraid of? Not much really. Sure, my heart rate will rise when I watch something like Dawn of the Dead, but that's because it's a horror movie: Fear is expected. What really scares me is the prospect of my grandmother finding out the other 50% of my religious beliefs (the Buddhist portion). She's a very religious person, of the Christian persuasion. If she found out about my being Buddhist, I don't know what she'd do, nor do I want to find out. Unfortunately, I may do just that, as my brother read my myOtaku site, in which I state my Buddhist beliefs. So now, he might (read: Probably/definitely will) tattle to my grandmother, thus releasing Pandora's Box right in my lap. :(

Oh, and nightmares. Then again, they scare anyone. :D

Guest Wandering Mage
I'm afraid of a lot of things.
I'm afraid of my parents getting killed.
I'm afraid for my little brothers, going into middle school next school year.
I'm afraid of getting bitten by a poisonous snake.
I'm afraid of spiders.
Sailor Chibi Moon from Sailor Moon scares me (she haunts my room!).
Christians scare me (I kid you not, I've had lighters put to my skin before).

I guess I'm just a coward. --.--

~Blessed be~

[QUOTE=Wandering Mage]Sailor Chibi Moon from Sailor Moon scares me (she haunts my room!).
. --.--
~Blessed be~[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet] I don't blame you, of course, she's [i]not[/i] as frightening as Sailor Mini MOon!

I'm afraid of some really strange things so go ahead adn laugh at most of them. I'm also afraid of some serious things, so don't laugh at those.

1.The hole for the sump pump in my parent's basement- it's only a foot deep, but I've stayed away from it since I was a kid, I can't even look at it! :wigout:

2. That something bad is going to happen to Lincoln over in Kuwait or Iraq. small things like him losing an appendage don't freak me out. I'm afraid he'll get something that'l will mess up his mind and he won't be anything near what he was before or even worse he'll get killed by an RPG or something and our child will never know its dad.

3. That I'm actually doing something wrong during my pregnancy. Should I have stopped riding earlier? Should I have not had that little chocolate egg? I kee[p thinking I'm doing something bad.

4. Snakes. But the straneg thing is, only when they sneak up in the wild. I can watch them in the zoo along with other creepy bugs and I have no problem holding them. I just don't like being snuck up on by snakes.

5. Failure. I keep thinking I'l mess up and it freaks me out.

6. Cockroaches. I don't know why, since I've only seen one.

Well, there, now you know things about me that scare me. I'm waiting for my rubber snake[/color]

[b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
Geez, people! You guy's fears are way too logical. And some make no sense whatsoever. You need to be more like me. Laid back and psychotic. I'd rather be that than sane and uptight. Anyway, here's my list:

Death:[/b] Not dying. Death. The Grim Reaper. Joe Black. The Big Kaibash. He's comin after me and he's gonna chop off my head with the sickle. Or, is it a scythe. I don't numember.[b]

Drug Overdose:[/b] Even though I don't, and never will, do so-called "hard drugs", it still scares the ******* out of me. (Get off my back, I don't criticize you for your lifestyle choices.)[b]

Accidental Suicide:[/b] I don't want people to think I killed myself. Everyone that knows me, knows that I think anyone who commits suicide is a coward. I sympathize to those of you who've lost someone due to suicide, but this is one of my strongest moral values.[b]

Ventriloquist Dummies:[/b] Nuff said.[b]

I think that pretty much covers it for now. If I think of anything else, I'll add them later.[/b][/size][/color]

[QUOTE=sublime2004][b][size=1][color=darkgreen]

Death:[/b] Not dying. Death. The Grim Reaper. Joe Black. The Big Kaibash. He's comin after me and he's gonna chop off my head with the sickle. Or, is it a scythe. I don't numember.[b]

Ventriloquist Dummies:[/b] Nuff said.
[/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The Grim Reaper really isn't so bad once you get to know him. But ventriloquist dummies... *shudders*

i'm scared of:

[i]My brother.[/i] He's a hulking guy who has threatened my life more than once, and has attempted to kill me several times. I'm 5'7", he's 6'1", and a real jerk sometimes.

[i]The dark.[/i] i'm not afraid of the dark itself, really, but being night-blind has given me a healthy respect for and fear of the dark. If there's no light at all in a room, my eyes do NOT adjust to the dark, and i can't see.

[i]Being abandoned.[/i] Issues left from negligent foster families have caused me to have abandonment fears... being left alone scares me, to put it simply.[/FONT]