OtakuBoards

What are you afraid of?

Elk

I cant picture liveing alone, i need people i couldent live by my self, as much as i hate to say it i evean need my enemies, they give me a reason to have a loud mouth and an opinion, I always say keep your friends close and your enimis closer:>.
P.S I hate spiders...............
your friend: lita

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=darkgreen] Im afraid of little, freaky girls who come out of wells and kill people after they watch some stupid tape (God, that movie scared the **** out of me!)

But, asides from horror movies I'm afraid of spiders alot. Actually, i'm afraid of about anything that has 6 or more legs. I'm not completely sure why though, I guess it's just the way they crawl or something. I'm probably going to have arachnophobia (fear of spiders) treatment when i get older.

I'm also afraid of being alone. Yes, I like it when i'm home alone sometimes for an hour or so, but being alone for along time is just really really hard to cope with. I would probably, eventually, go mad if I was alone for a long time (Sorta like that Willard guy). When i'm alone I always feel less insecure (sp?) because when your with someone you always know that they have your back (unless this person is an enemy of some sort and is obbsessed with the word Shooter).

I fear failure sometime, but not always. I'm usually pretty confident with myself and I have a really positive attitude, but sometimes I do think that I can't do it and I worry that I may never be able to. [/size][/color]

I'm afraid of fire now. I was heating up a pan yesterday to make pancakes while I mixed the batter .well after I was done I put butter in the pan and it caught on fire. But besides that I'm afraid of public speaking I'm a very shy person in school and hate to talk unless I know a person really well. Second to that would be my over active imagination.

I'm afraid of twins with Afros now days because my little sister had made friends with two brats that i refer to as the Afro Twins.
I am also afraid of brown laser GL's because I was almost killed by one a couple of days ago. And Dictionarys because I was flipping throuh one the other day when it slipped out of my hands, falling Groinwards. I don't belive I have recovered yet. Another fear is scrawny books because why would anyone read them )they scare me to death).

Guest Kuharishi
Im afraid of Being Alone and Lost. Its hard to go through Life alone and it scares me to know that one day I might be. :(

Guest AnimePirateLass
[QUOTE=Elk]What are you afraid of?

I'm afraid of many things. But my greatist fear of all is growing up. The futre. Someday I will leave school and get a job. What will happen when I'm done school? Will I be a failure? Will I live a happy life? How will I die? What is going to happen to me? I'm afraid... Very afraid... Even though I'm still in Juniour High!

***AnimePirateLass***

[size=1][color=red] I think I'd be able to sum it up for everyone. Everyone, including those in this thread, those elsewise.

Humans fear the unknown. There's something naked about the unknown. How it's draped in nothing, and has nothing to wear or give but what you see. There's something penetrating about that. Something that gets inside of you.

What's beautiful is you can take the past and use it to shape the unknown. You can paint. Chisel. Draw. Make words. You can try to see the unknown and shape it in a way.

That's why I write in a sense.

The unknown is beautiful. It's also frightening.

Disappointment is fear of the unknown. Fear of death is fear of the unknown. Fear of changing is fear of the unknown. Any and all fears you say can be abriged to this one phrase, and everyone should be saying it:

"I fear the unknown."[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Well I am afraid of living in complete nothingness. I remember one day at church, when I was little, the priest said that when the sun blows the earth will too and with the earth the Heavens also. :eek: So I thought to myself what would happen to me when that happens? Where will I go? Will I live in complete nothingness or will I be re-born as an alien baby or what? Now that I am thinking about that I am starting to freak my self out. :(

50 out[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]I am afraid that I will never experience mutual love, everytime I have fallen in love with someone they've broke up with me because they never feel the same way about me. Maybe I have never experienced love, maybe it's just been what I thought was love. How can I know what love is until I truely experience it. But I keep searching for that person for me hoping I will find them wondering what happiness I can achieve when I do. [/COLOR]

• 2 months later...
I fear that I may lose my loved ones. Friends, family, the whole category of loved ones. I feel, and know, that if I lose them, I have no place, nothing, zippo. I wouldn't have a purpose. My family and friends are the most important thing(s) in my life. I couldn't exist without them.

I'm afraid of...moths. *People laugh* -.-;;; I'm serious. I went outside one time, and I looked to my left. RIGHT next to my head, there was a moth about 16 inches long. I swear on my life it was that huge, and I ran away and down the street, screaming my head off. ^_^;;;;;;; I can't believe myself- I'm not afraid of someone killing me, but I'm afraid of MOTHS. Someone just shoot me already. -.-;

alot of ppl are afraid of death, being alone, bugs....

but im afraid of cages.Im afraid someone will lock me in a cage and i will not be able to help the ones i love.... sortof like Aoewin (spelling?) on L.O.T.R. 3. The blonde hair lady. She wanted to fight for the ones she loved, but her father wouldnt let her, so she snuck into fighting. She was tired of being locked up.

so am i... well that's what im afraid of. anyone else?

[color=darkviolet]I'm afraid I'm going to screw up my kids so bad they'll try to move out when they're five or so.

I'm also afraid about this rumor I heard about the four years after military enlistment may be forced to be active reserve duty. I know i have to explain this whole thing now. When you join up for the military you technically sign up for eight years no matter what your initial contract says. That means when a person signs up for six years he or she has two years when they can be called back into service. A four year contract means a four year possible call back.

I'm not sure if congress would actually go through with this because of the possible outcry and resentment that could come from both the soldiers and their families. Besides, enlistments went up quite a bit after 9/11 so the military has pleanty of soldiers who know what they're doing, so maybe now they can remove the stop loss

Well, that's about it from me for now.[/color]

CLOWNS! OMG, those guys scare me. I remember the circus...I can't even talk about it without reliving the horror. :( Their painted faces! Their laughter! It sickens me. *Shivers* I'm afraid of clowns, yes...I just wanna take a hammer and...

:bash:

I have this strange fear of corpses. I absoultely *can not* go to open caket funerals because i'll just start to freak out. I have no clue why though. I've just always been jumpy when going by cemetaries and funeral homes. Its just kinda irrational I guess.

I got a tad bit freaked out with all the stuff with Regan's coffin on the tv. ^_^;;

I love spiders. I can't believe people are afraid of them. They are very influential in paganism, and have a lot of symbology so I'm fascinated by them (as with anything that has a controversial history). I don't fear death either. I'm just anxious about the way I will die. If it's terrible, painful and excrutiating, then yes, that's a bit scary.

I am paranoid of the unknown. I am very fanatical of knowledge and being well informed, so that which is I do not understand and am not able to research and therefore understand scares me. Paranormal events and so on. ESP, not so much because I consider myself a bit of a clairvoyent (sp?) and I sometimes feel I have elevated senses and besides, it has already been shown that the human mind is an incredible device. And then I am obsessed with God, so I feel I know enough to not have a phobia of him/her :]

Now then, time, that freaks me out. Not really the passage of time, but when people have time lapses like in that film "The Mothman Prophecies" or people who have supposedly been through alien abductions. I don't give a **** if a moth is trying to eat you or if an alien has probed your ***, but the fact that time goes missing, back and fowards... that sends shivers down my spine.

Decomposing also creeps me out. I want to be cremated.

[color=darkviolet]I'm afraid that Bush will be reelected. And then our troops will never get out of Iraq and we'll go to war with someone else like Uzbecastan or something.

Or that Kerry will be elected and we'll be in an even worse pickle than we are already.

Or even worse, that Nadar will be elected and well, who the hell knows what will happen if that happens because nobody even knows what the guy is running for.

Now that I've said that I think I can get a good night's sleep and then go for my OBGYN appointment tomorrow[/color]

To tell the truth I am just afraid of fear itself and being afraid. Fear can cause hesitation and lead to our downfall in many different areas. I hate hesitation and being in a situation that I am not fully confident and sure that everything will be at its best.

I am also afraid of two more things: time and presence.

When I wake up in the morning, or when I'm just sitting and staring at the clock, I realize that I'm wasting my life with each second I don't do something. "Oh great, ten seconds of my life have passed, and I just wasted them on nothing." Then, I become fearful of what will happen if I am stuck on just watching time roll by. I don't know why I think like this...I guess it's just the way I look at things. XD

Well, there's also the presence of others. Like, I'll be sitting in my room all alone, and then I begin to think that someone could be watching and following me wherever I am, no matter what I do, no matter where I go. (Then, that Jason mask comes up XD) :wigout:

[SIZE=1][One thing I'm not afraid of is storms at night. I mean, storms in the daytime are BORING. -.- (Bring it on!) I love anything from T-storms to fairly large torandoes. Yay! Hail is good too, especially when it's big. I also like it when the biggest clap of thunder strikes the house and brings a power outage. Then I can get the flashlight and make shadows. ^_^][/SIZE]

My only real fears are, [b]The dark[/b], not regular kind but the pitch black, no windows in the room kind.

I'm also afraid of really tiny bugs, like the size of these letters. I love big bugs like spiders, scorpions, crickets, doesn't mean I don't kill them though.

Lastly I'm afraid of needles, I break out in sweat everytime I see one heading for me.

Actually one more, heights, I'm okay with small heights but not heights like halfway up a big mountain, unless I know I can't fall.

(I love all types of water and regular dark I love too, if it gets right before the bad dark then it's the best kind of light for me. Death kinda scares me cuz my body will just be laying there for years. I'm not afraid of homicide more of suicide, that scares me cuz it's like the person loses control of their body or something, right til the point where after they have done it.)

I'm being serious when I say this. I'm not trying to brag or be cocky or anything but I really can't think of anything I'm afraid of. I'm not afraid of bugs, heights, water, death, public speaking, losing loved ones, love, having a broken heart, being alone, the dark, needles, being embarassed, pain, im not clostrophobic, I don't get paranoid, nothing. I live differently than most people. I have embraced the lifestyle of not caring. I've learned that the less you care about something, the less it can hurt you, or scare you. I really can't think of a single thing I'm truly scared of. Theres things I don't like to do like dancing, but it doesn't actually scare me. I've just realized i'm not scared of anything, that's not normal is it? Somebody think of something I'm probably scared of cause I can't think of anything.....

For a while, I really thought I wasn't afraid of anything. Even when my sister threw a knife at me, only missing my neck by a few centimeters, I wasn't afraid. When I hate three exacto knives thrown at me, and scarring my cheek for a while, it didn't scare me. I didn't even cry in pain. When I was held at almost gunpoint, no fear. I wasn't afraid of anything, untill I beagan thinking about my future. I guess when you think ahead, that really uncovers your fears. Many people say they don't have a fear. They really are fearing fear itself if you stop and think about it. They deny feeling it, And denial is a sign of fear.

fear #1: What if i die while giving birth to my kids, will I even be with anybody to have any? I also began wondering if I really had any friends.....I was always rejected, so it never bothered me much....But when I finally made a friend...He's my best friend in the world and i'm deathly afraid of losing him. I know it is a weakness, but it is also a strength to me. I guess i'm afraid of losing my closest people around me too. or lonliness, but i never give in to the lonliness I have now. My parnents don't understand me, and no one else does except for a very select few. It is a different type of lonliness that is hard to explain, but I put it this way....A life without love, is no life at all. No friend or spouse to build with, is no life worth the pain.

Fear #2: I am also afraid of intense pain. I have a strong will, but I don't know if it is strong enogh to endure the physical and mental strain of overly-intense pain. I guess that goes hand in hand with my first fear, but, Yet it doesn't at the same time. I've been through pain, but something more severe that I have already been through, like.........Well....A pain that hurts even more than a dull blade stabbing you, and you dying a slow, rigorous death. And I hear being stabbed hurts more than A gunshot. I have a few friends that have been shot, and one that has been stabbed too, but that was with a razor blade.

I [I][B]almost[/B][/I] feared death. I did for a while, but I got over it in two days. It's just I'm afraid of the ways you [i][B]could [/B] [/i]die. The ones that really hurt like hell, the ones that move nice and slow, full of hurt. Like burning to death. there's an example. It's not intense as what i'm speaking of, but same concept.You hear how insects scream when you throw them into the fire That's the type of slowness I fear. Problem, I love things that cause pain. I guess I'm just strange.

The way I face my fears, is to actually face them. Afterall, courage to face fear, comes from the fear itself. Self-confidence is not courage. It is but a crutch for the weak. The strongest and bravest people are cowards.