OtakuBoards

What are you afraid of?

Elk

[color=darkslateblue]I like spiders...

Well, I'm afraid of my [b]Computer breaking down..[/b] Yeah, pitiful huh? I'm so attached to my computer, if it starts freezing up and stuff, I'll go crazy. That means throwing books at my mirror, yelling at my fishtank (I still have no idea why I do that), torture my goldfish, mess up my bed, and I think you get the point. The computer is my best friend...[/color]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=green]The thing I most fear is being forgettable. I fear mostly that I will not make a mark, either on the world or any of the people around me. The only actual recurring nightmare I have had in my life is that I appear at my own funeral and there is no one there.

I can't really think of any certain things like spiders that really bother me. The dark has never bothered me, either.

When I was young though, now that I think about it, I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries a lot, and they made me afrain of aliens and being abducted. That seems somewhat silly now though. [/color]

Guest misty^_^
ack! i'm really really afraid of spiders! I just wanna squish them but then I can't cause I'm too terrified!!!

Things that make me go like this: :bawl: :moron: :faint: because I'm so frightened of them...

1. Butterflies and Moths, they TERRIFY me, I can't let one touch me, I will go running screaming in the other direction and start to cry if they get too close, I get freaked out if there is one near me.

2. Being left alone, I'm a social person, and love to be near people, I also like being in the spotlight (sometimes).

3. Bug, bugs, bugs, can't stand them, I'm [I]okay[/I] with spiders, (that doesn't mean I'll touch them though)

I can't think of much else...I'm afraid of cockroaches too...YUCK! :eek:

[right][size=1][color=indigo]Im scared of the normal, spider and snakes. But also like dummies, those are the creepiest. And also these extremely old dolls that my grandparents have in their living room. They have large blue eyes that always look like they are staring at you.:nervous: [/color][/size][/right]
[right][size=1][color=#4b0082]But also I am scared of large bodies of water, like oceans. Not pools or lakes, just oceans. They are so big and they make you feel so small and plus I don't want to think about what is in them, so I don't go in them whenever we got to the beach. [/color][/size][/right]

I'm not really afraid of anything. t the least, nothing I've come up to in my life. The things is, I've been pretty well desencitized when it comes to fear and happiness. I was biten by a viper when I was 10. Of coarse, I yelled in pain and hate. But I wasn't scared. When someone told me that the venom had to be removed in 5 minutes or I'd die, still not scared. When I was turning purple from not being able to breath, still not afraid. When I was legally dead for 5 minutes...ummm....could I be scared? Meh, don't know, don't care. Point being, I don't know of anything I've seen that I'm scared of.

I fear people who say they have no fears. That's just weird. Anyway here's a list of SOME stuff I'm afraid of.

Dying - I always think about this...Like what's going to happen...Will I be able to come back...

Creepy Crawlers - I've always been afraid of spiders, bugs anything that has more than 2 legs and/or is slimy.

Heights/Falling - I never climb anything. I hate being high up in the air, it just terrifies me. I also fear falling for some apperant reason, not sure why...

I'm terrified of rejection from women. I know it sounds cliche, but I am.

Tornadoes are scary as heck.

Getting banned off Otaku Boards wouldn't be a very pleasent experience.

One word: Scorpions. I'm taking a trip to Mexico this summer, and am not too crazy about the idea of sharing a country with those things...

Getting an F in any class.

My future. With college looming on the horizen next year, I feel a bit of anxiety from time to time about what career I want to go into. But in another way, it's like the grandest adventure of all time, so it's exiting too.

[quote name='Xander Harris']One word: Scorpions. I'm taking a trip to Mexico this summer, and am not too crazy about the idea of sharing a country with those things...[/quote]
[b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
Funny you should say this. I'm taking a trip to Mexico too. And, scorpions give the the friggin' willies.

Here's a tip: If you catch one, DON'T throw it into the fire(if there is a fire). Or else, it will attract every scorpion for 50 miles. [/size][/b][/color]

[QUOTE=sublime2004][b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
Funny you should say this. I'm taking a trip to Mexico too. And, scorpions give the the friggin' willies.

Here's a tip: If you catch one, DON'T throw it into the fire(if there is a fire). Or else, it will attract every scorpion for 50 miles. [/size][/b][/color][/QUOTE]

Hmmm. I seem to have heard that somewhere before. I wonder why it is that a burning body of their own kind attracts them, scientifically. If I smelled a human being burned to death, I wouldn't turn to my buddies and say "hey, let's go watch that guy burn to death" LOL. But I guess animals are just wired differently.

[COLOR=DarkRed]I don't know why people are afraid of tornadoes. They turn the sky funny colors, make it rain, and occasionaly (sp?) hail. I do live in a place with lots of tornadoes. Just so you all know. Maybe it's because I've lived there my whole life, or maybe it's because I'm nuts. Or both.

Xander, I feel for you. Rejection is difficult to take before they do, then you get rejected and you remember that you knew you were going to get rejected anyway. Is it just me who does that? Probably.[/COLOR]

Actually, I've only ever asked a girl out on something once, and that was to get a prom date for this year. She said yes, which was kind of nice, as it saved me from the utter humiliation of going to prom with another man again :) And I like her and get along with her, so it's all good.

I was going considering asking out a certain girl in Junior High, but then she hit me with the 'Dear John' speech before I ever asked her. Saved a lot of time, though :) What's really ironic is that I am now really good friends with her, and she is dating one of my best friends. A girl asked me on a date once... that was kind of fun. Than she ran away to Sioux Falls and couldn't give me a phone number because she was hiding from her father. But yeah, like most guys, I fear rejection greatly.

[b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
I remembered something else. The disembodied sound of marching. Like, if a platoon was marching in on my position and I didn't have a gun or couldn't see them.

Food poisoning: I hate the taste of puke and sickness makes me sick. Yeah... that makes sense... right?

Getting chopped into bite-sized pieces.

Having those bite-sized pieces eaten.

China dolls: Stephen King shouldn't have written that episode of the X-files.

Having my eyes poked out.

Having my finger and toe nails ripped out.

If I think of anything else, I'll post again.
[/b][/size][/color]

[QUOTE=sublime2004][b][size=1][color=darkgreen]
I remembered something else. The disembodied sound of marching. Like, if a platoon was marching in on my position and I didn't have a gun or couldn't see them.

Food poisoning: I hate the taste of puke and sickness makes me sick. Yeah... that makes sense... right?

Getting chopped into bite-sized pieces.

Having those bite-sized pieces eaten.

Having my eyes poked out.

Having my finger and toe nails ripped out.
[/b][/size][/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]*turns slightly green* uck. That's... rational but icky.

i think the scariest sound in the world is that sound RIGHT BEFORE a tornado hits. You know that [i]whirrrrrrrrr[/i] like a billion freight trains about to hit? always makes me super-nervous... that and tornado/emergency sirens >_>[/FONT]

Guest Fallen
I am probably most afraid that I am weak...
Too weak to defend myself
Too weak to defend the ones I love and care for..
Too weak to do anything..

Oh..and that I'll never become a Pokemon Master...gah! SO MANY POKEMON!! @_@
:ball:

I am afraid of many things, but one thing that scares me the most is rejection thats why I usually don't ask out girls even if I think I have the slightest of the chance.

My mind and heart just won't let me put myself out there to probably get my feelings hurt and I think I have to do something about this. This has been happening to me since the 3rd grade I just can't seem to fight it.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Haha! Me scared! You gotta be kiddin' nothin' can scare me! Alright maybe there are things I am afraid of...
As a kid I wasn't really scared of anything... But now I'm just...WOAH!
What am I afraid of...Hmmm..
Dolls....I am seriously afraid of dolls -shudders- A LONG time ago I woke up in the middle of the night, and I say a small shadow in the hallway. I figured it was a doll...Since it was small...So now I'm terrified...
Clowns...I'm afraid of clowns for some reason...After I watch Stephen King's 'IT' I was I hate clowns...
Well I have fears of the things that go BUMP in the night..I also see things...too...But my worst fear is..

Being able to die without fighting what's killing me or who's killing me, losing my hopes and dreams, and also loosing my family...They think I don't care despite my cold attitude, but I do.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Spiders... water and plastic made to look like glass. Don't ask, when they are all put together they look really creepy. And I'm really scasred of nothing else, my family hates me, so why the hell should I care or be scared of losing them?

EDIT: And I'm afriad of small places too, can't stand cars and small air planes, or elevators... they freck me out.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange]I don't think I'm afraid of that much.. Just some of the stuff alot of people are afraid of, like spiders, and small spaces(I freak out on elevators if they slow down) and people being really disapointed in me. I'm also afraid of being hit in the face with a hammer.. And of the demon bunny.. And ship wrecks.. But thats it.[/COLOR][/SIZE]