OtakuBoards

What college do you go to ?

Meteora

[size=1] I'm in eigth grade currently, but I already have a good idea of what college I want to go to. I would like to go to Berekley, but I guess it's not really a great choice right now because of California's money crisis. Stanford would be [i]awesome[/i] but I'm not smart enough. :P Like my dad says, you either have to be extremely rich or extremely smart to get into Stanford, Harvard, etc.

*shrugs* University of Chicago, Northwestern, UCLA...I'd be happy to get into any of those.[/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I attend college at the [b]University of Georgia[/b] and I must say that I absolutely love it here. The atmosphere is great, lots of people all the time, and great food to boot.

The only downside is that it is such a HUGE campus. And it mostly consists of walking up hills and such. That is why I am so glad there are so many buses to take.

As much walking as I do, however, I have still gained a bit of weight. What is up with that?

GO DAWGS![/color][/size]

[color=#707875]I go to the Australian Academy of Design. It's awesome...expensive (far too expensive...my wallet hurts so much X_X), but wonderful. It's a small place, with only about 150 students. So it's all very personal and fun, which is great.

And next year, the academy is moving to a new building, which sits right on the bay. It's going to be wonderful. ^_^[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]
As much walking as I do, however, I have still gained a bit of weight. What is up with that?

GO DAWGS![/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

It's called the freshman 15. I doubt you haven't heard of it, but anyways. Most freshman in college typically gain a little bit of weight in the first year, and then they spend the rest of there college life trying to lose it.

[COLOR=darkblue]I go to this university on a big hill called California State University, Hayward. The campus is real quiet, overlooking the bay. It's fairly big and it's typically a commuter school so I drive up there each day. I work there now too.

Some classrooms and lecture halls....are a different story. They're a far cry from what I had in high school, but the professors there are good.[/COLOR]

Weswood College of Technology out in Schiller Park, IL. Small place with less than 1,000 students, and I enjoy it very much. I spent half an hour arguing with my friend about government conspriacies and aliens...do not ask...

I recently started my first term in August and am going non-stop until Jan./Feb. 2005. 17 month program in Computer Programming and Software Development.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Vegitto4 [/i]
[B]It's called the freshman 15. I doubt you haven't heard of it, but anyways. Most freshman in college typically gain a little bit of weight in the first year, and then they spend the rest of there college life trying to lose it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yes, I know about the Freshman 15, but I seriously don't see how. I'm walking constantly, I'm much more stressed out, I eat healthier, and I don't do drugs/drink.

Well, I'm starting to work out now, so if I don't lose some of, oh well.

I haven't gained 15 yet. Just somewhere between 5-10...*Shudders*[/color][/size]

[size=1]I go to Chaffey College in California, which is the oldest Junior College in the United States. I'm staying there for a while until i figure out what I want to do with my life, and where I want to study. It's a great campus, and it has an excellent view of the Inland Empire because of it's fairly high altitude. The teachers are pretty nice, and I enjoy licing so close to campus (a few miles,compared to my very long drive to work.)

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Yes, I know about the Freshman 15, but I seriously don't see how. I'm walking constantly, I'm much more stressed out, I eat healthier, and I don't do drugs/drink.

Well, I'm starting to work out now, so if I don't lose some of, oh well.

I haven't gained 15 yet. Just somewhere between 5-10...*Shudders*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I lost about 20 pounds because I hated the food. I wasn't even overweight, I just lost that much somehow.

I don't know why people gain more weight. I had no money outside of what I used to pay for school, so I was stuck with the terrible cafeteria food. I'd rather eat at home. At least my mom can cook well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]I don't know why people gain more weight. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Over the past year I've gained roughly 10 pounds because I went from being extemely active and fit to doing no physical activity at all. Even a body with fast metabolism such as mine takes a really hard hit when you stop being physically active. [spoiler]Sex is actually the only thing that I do that could be considered a workout :p[/spoiler]

I go to Brooks Institute of Photography in Southern California. There are 5 campuses located in both Santa Barbara and Ventura, and it's strictly a commuter school. It's basically an art college with areas of study being Still Photography, Film & Video, Visual Communications [graphic design], and Photojournalism which is my major.

I love it. It's making me a really good photographer, and I love the oppurtunities we're given and all of the people I meet out on assignment. Plus I live super close to the ocean and I'm only 70 miles north of LA. And...and my campus is home to the Erin Brockovich house-set. Yes THE Erin Brocovich movie with Julia Roberts was filmed in the Sound Stage that is now a part of my campus. They just LOVE telling prospective students about that ^_~[/color]

[COLOR=PURPLE] Well I've experinced something like the freshmen 15 when I stopped taking PE.

Anyways, I'm a senior in hs right now so this is a big thing for me right now. I'm most likely going to end up at Louisiana State (LSU). A good portion of my family has gone there, they have a good science department, and everyone I know supports the Tigers.[/COLOR]

[color=teal]Well, I still have to finish my junior and senior year, but I'm planning on going to MIT.

So far, I've gotten 19 technology colleges asking me to go there. I'm not sure if I'm smart enough to go to MIT, but there's hope![/color]

I kinda wanna go to Amherst (big dreams, I know, but,not to brag, I AM smart...), but I haven't been to the campus.. I hope it's a lot like Swarthmore!

I live in Swarthmore, PA, you know, that top ranked college? Yeah. I LOVE it here, and every year I make new friends from the college... The people are great, and the campus is to die for! I wish I could go here, but then I'd be near my parents, and getting away from my parents would be so good... Maybe if they move.. But then I wont get the benefits of my Dad being a professor, if he didn't work here anymore.. Hmm..

New Question!

[b]How many of you are thinking about taking a gap year? Have any of oyu done so?[/b]

Just curious, because I've been thinking aobut taking one to travel...somewhere..

I'm actually planning on going to couple of colleges, I haven't fully boiled it down because my parents will not stop pestering me and I end up adding more colleges to my list...ugh the frustration. Well my dream would be New YorkUniversity. I want to study advertising and media communications and New York is the perfect setting, especially with such famous university.

I would probably also like to go to Rutgers, or The College of New Jersey, while these colleges are close to home they are all very good in what I'm looking for out of a college. There are still many other choices but right now those are my top three.

I thought senior of high school would be fun...well right now it hasn't been with all of the work I have been doing lately oh well, It is to help prepare for the rest of my life so I have to work hard...really hard.

Yeah, see, that's the part of senior year no one ever tells you about. All you hear is "It's so much fun, senioritis gets bad, so many parties!" But they neglect to tell you about the tests and the applications and the waiting and fretting and the stressing out. Jerks.

But once Christmas comes, it'll get better. It won't be over, but it'll get better.

Like fellow Otakus PoisonTongue and RPCrazy, I attend Rutgers University. [i]The[/i] state University of New Jersey. C'mon mama! Feel some of that prestige. Well, it would be prestigious if the Garden State wasn't the butt of most jokes, I suppose.

Our campus is located in the heart of the city of Camden, which is essentially a devastated area undergoing revitalization. Luckily, everything begins with Rutgers, so our campus is nice and the surrounding area isn't a certifiable nightmare. Occasionally I'll encounter suspicious looking characters (like Alex :p) but on the other hand I've yet to be on the receiving end of a mugging.

For the most part, the class sizes are kept to thirty people or below and there are sanitary places to pick up lunch other than the school cafeteria. Although, most of them are fast food joints and not really desirable places to eat.

Not a bad place though. The professors are generally very distinguished and easy to get along. Here's the official site address:

[url]www.rutgers.edu[/url]

Higher education does present a problem with physical activity though. It really tires me before I do my workout routine which sucks.

Yeah Rutgers!! Not that I go there. I do come from NJ, though, and my boyfriend's house is literally a stone's throw away from there. ... Fine, fine, not literally.

[quote]How many of you are thinking about taking a gap year? Have any of oyu done so?[/quote]
I'm not sure what you mean by a gap year, never actually heard that terminology. But I'll assume you mean taking a year off?

I'm not, but I have been considering a term abroad for like ... a couple months now. I really need to fill out my application since it's due rather soon, and I need to get a recommendation or two as well ... [sighs] Anyway, I'm thinking of going to Auckland, New Zealand to study for next semester, mostly just for fun. If I do end up going, it should be great -- grades while you're abroad don't count towards your GPA, so I can slack off (not that I will) (seriously!), a friend of mine might go as well, and it'll be experiencing a whole new culture (and my major, English, from an entirely different non-American point of view, yay!).

I thought about going to Australia for quite some time, but the Melbourne and Sydney universities I looked at didn't have many courses that I couldn't take here, while U. Auckland offers all sorts of Mauri (sp?) culture classes.

... Sorry ... this got rather off-topic ...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]I go to this university on a big hill called California State University, Hayward. The campus is real quiet, overlooking the bay.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm trying to transfer there in the near future.

In the meantime, I go to Chabot Community College, which is at the bottom of that hill. I enrolled just this spring, so I'm still in my freshman year. And I'm experiencing something closer to Freshman 30.

My current major is undeclared, although I'm thinking of choosing either Broadcasting or Mass Communications. Broadcasting is a part of Mass Comm, so it's really a choice of whether or not to concentrate on it.

The school is exactly like my old high school, only the people are older and everybody smokes [i]outside[/i] of the bathrooms. In fact, the bathrooms smell better here.