OtakuBoards

School spirit week

Angelus_Necare

are any highschools having their spirit week? Mine's in progress today here's the run down:

Monday- Wacky hair day

Tuesday- Dress like your idol/hero day

Wednesday- Retro day

Thursday- Mismatch day

Friday- Blue and White (school colors) day.

And friday afternoon will have the pep rally, or prep rally however people see it. Today I'm dressed up but people don't know who I am, I guess not enough people have the taste to watch monty python's flying circus, oh well...

It was dissapointing this year that there was no hat day or pyjama day, maybe next year but I won't be here.

So what kind of spirit week does your school have, if any?

[color=hotpink][size=1]I loved Spirit Week in high school. My Freshman year, I dressed up for every single day. Then, throughout the years, I found myself picking and choosing days.

But I always did PURPLE AND GOLD DAY! Go Hounds! WHOO!

Okay, got to get over highschool, got to get over highschool, got to get over highschool...[/color][/size]

I always showed my school spirit by not giving a **** and dressing like I did every other day. I don't remember the different days we had, but they were a lot like these ones. It never really interested me.

The pep rallies at the end of the week were always great though. We all had a lot of fun at them, especially at the expense of the Freshmen.

[size=1]I never cared very much for school spirit weeks. In fact, my dislike of them is what first inspired me to write angry rants in my high school newspaper. Without them I probably wouldn't have pursued my interest in Journalism as much as I have, so I'm grateful for them in that respect.

Anyway, we always had things like Hawaiian Days, Pirate Days, Nerd Days, Sports Days and the ultra-generic Class Color Days. In my opinion, things like this only work if the entire class is doing it. If it's just a few random people from the student government who participate then nobody really cares.

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]If it's just a few random people from the student government participate then nobody really cares.
[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree with him lol. I told u what spirit week was and what we had, but I never saaid i participated in it. I never liked dressing up... No sence lol. Thing i hate about Halloween. Dressing up. But anyway yeah if its just a little day planned by kids then they can do it but doesnt mean we wanna join them.

[color=deeppink]As a cheeleader, I was required to dress up for every spirit day. But I actually didn't mind, when I was a senior I didn't really give a **** what I wore or how I looked during that week.

The best day was always pajama day. Though, when my senior year did roll around, pajama day wasn't too different from how I dressed every other day of that school year. And I always loved the days when I got to wear my cheerleading uniform to school...oh, they were so cute! Any physical activity that requires the participant to wear a short skirt is way cool in my book ^_~.

How shallow do I sound? Very? Well, I don't really care :p[/color]

School Spirit weeks...I never really gave a crap about them at all. At our school it was just another opportunity for the popular kids to show off. Bastards.

The pep-rallies at our school are god-awful...there are so many kids at our school, we have to have all rallies outside in the heat. As if there wasn't already enough reason for me to loathe them...

Heh, my old high school used to have a spirit week. They always had stupid stuff like Beach Day, 70's Day, etc.

I, having no school spirit, didn't really care enough to paricipate.
I mainly found it amusing what people would wear. Damn they looked stupid.:D

I had spirit days,sometimes I participate,sometimes I don't...oh well,it just depends what mood I'm in.

I mean,every thursday I wear my band t-shirt and blue and gold ribbons in my hair cuz I'm with the band and a lot of us do that,but hey,I don't get carried off to extremes about it.

[size=1]This is our Homecoming week. Our schedule this year is

Monday: [b]Pajama Day.[/b]
Tuesday: [b]Crazy Hair and Clash Day.[/b]
Wednesday: [b]Twin Day.[/b]
Thursday: [b]Costume Day.[/b]
Friday: [b]Spirit Day[/b]. (Wear purple and gold.)

We actually have a [i]lot[/i] of people participating, which is interesting, I guess. I've never done anything in the past, but I guess I'm going to dress as "twins" with one of my friends tomorrow. So, we'll see.

The funniest day I remember was "Dress Like a Teacher Day," which was just a lot of fun. I got to put together the yearbook page for that, heh.[/size]

uh i never dress for spirit week...well, i would if i had a pirate outfit, but i dont. tear.
pep rallies are so cool cause our school is so big they have to have 3 diff showings even with the big gym and all and two thirds of the school just skip it for an extra lunch period. yeah, pep rallies are great. ~_^

[color=tomato] Spirit week is just a fun, excuse to dress up like an idiot and run around like you are nuts....um, not that that's any different from the norm....: )

Anywhoo, I have friends that get real excited about it and that's fun, but I have friends who don't even try *ahemsaraahem* to participate. To each his own, right.

Another great thing about spirit week is the funny looks you get from people when you are going to or from school. today was crazy hair day and I had pipe cleaners sticking out of my head at all angles, and as I was driving to school, people in the other cars were laughing and doing double takes all down the road. It was so funny.[/color]

We do have something like a School Spirit Week, but the thing is, only the seniors know when it is, and only seniors dress/act accordingly. Usually about half the senior class dress up, be it pajamas, hawaiian, twins, etc. etc. What I find funny is that we have a day called "no school" day in our spirit week, and all the seniors are just too happy to oblige. Not one, and I mean not one senior will show up for the "no school" day. Strange that teachers never comment on these... I think I'll push for a week of "no school" day when I become a senior...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]The pep rallies at the end of the week were always great though. We all had a lot of fun at them, especially at the expense of the Freshmen. [/B][/QUOTE]

Amen to that!:devil:

I have only been to one pep rally, and that is as far as my school spirit goes. It was the "color guard" rally, where the freshman, sophomore, juniors, and seniors had to wear a different color. We had little competitions, and, of course, the freshman were booed-a-plenty.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Carr [/i]
[B][color=tomato]Anywhoo, I have friends that get real excited about it and that's fun, but I have friends who don't even try *ahemsaraahem* to participate. To each his own, right..[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [FONT=arial]*points out that she hasn't done anything blatantly [i]anti[/i]-Spirit-week this year*

But, yeah. School spirit isn't really my thing, I guess. It's fun to see other people do it.

But if wearing pajamas to school involves freezing at my bus stop, or "crazy hair" day requires getting up before six AM to pur curliques in my hair...well, like I said. Not really my thing.

I'm sort of passive about it, heh. [/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]Friday: [b]Spirit Day[/b]. (Wear purple and gold.)[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yay! Your high school is purple and gold, too! I always thought they were the greatest colors because not many people had them. There were way too many red/blacks and blue/golds. Of course, UGA is red/black, but I still like the uniqueness of Purple and Gold! ^_^

And about PJ day, my school had it my Freshman and Sophomore year, but my Junior year, they didn't have it. So TONS of students signed a petition to have PJ day, but they still didn't approve it. So one of the days, they wore PJs as their costume. It was a big deal. So my Senior year, they didn't have PJ day again and they said if anyone showed up during any day during spirit week in PJs, they would get sent home. I thought that was a little ridiculous, don't you?

And hey, I just realized, but I'm wearing my Purple and Gold Senior shirt. It has my name on it! ^_^[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Metatron [/i]
[B] Not one, and I mean not one senior will show up for the "no school" day. [/B][/QUOTE]

we have something like that called "senior skip day" it's on the 100th day of school and you're baisicaly excused from all fo your classes, but get in a lot of trouble if you're not a senior.

[size=1]I always loved Spirit Week, but I also like wearing costumes and acting, so that's kind of what the entire week was for me - one big chance to goof off, under the pretense of school spirit. Yeah!!

But we had PJs day, Blast from the Past, Twins day, one was just a general costume day (I think it was close to Halloween), Hat day, Wacky Tacky Day, and just a regular old Spirit day (Blue and Silver were our colors), to name a few.

I have to take a note from Queen Asuka though and remind myself that I'm not IN high school anymore (even though I'm wearing my thespian shirt T.T)... eheh.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arcadia [/i]
[B][size=1]I have to take a note from Queen Asuka though and remind myself that I'm not IN high school anymore (even though I'm wearing my thespian shirt T.T)... eheh.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]It's so hard, isn't it? Don't worry, I'm wearing my JCHS shirt, too. [/color][/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare[/i]
[b]we have something like that called "senior skip day" it's on the 100th day of school and you're baisicaly excused from all fo your classes, but get in a lot of trouble if you're not a senior.[/b][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]We had that at our school, but you weren't excused. And all the teachers would have tests/quizzes on that day just because of that. And if you missed them, there was no possible way to make them up. It was that hard. Of course, I never skipped anyway.[/color][/size]

[COLOR=TEAL][SIZE=1][B]Coming from England, as I do, I have never had to endure a 'School Spirit' week, and from what I have read I'm very glad of that. Though all the 'days' would have had made a change seeing as my school has uniforms, the closest we got to was 'Non uniform day'. But I don't have to wear uniform anymore ^_^, thats cause I'm what we commonly call '6th Form', which is the last two years of school which we choose to come back.

And as for feeling thankful for my school and 'patriotic' about it I could never go that far :sweat: I'm still suprised that most, if not all, American schools begin the day with the Pledge of Alligence.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]