OtakuBoards

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle [Warning: Spoilers]

Aya_Fujimiya_42

[QUOTE=Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]As of now, I'm really beginning to wonder how this death affects everyone else. I was half-thinking that Syaoran would inherit Fye's magical eye at the end there, but that's also the only means Fye has of getting off his addiction to Kurogane blood. there's also the possibility of it just dying with him, and....

Crap, CLAMP just likes to keep you guessing, don't they?[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]The biggest issue to me is his bequeathing of the feathers. Did he store them in the magic itself? And if so, will they separate when they reunite with Sakura, or will Fai need to sacrifice that again to allow her soul to fully reintegrate?

And soon we will know (probably) who Fei Wong wants to resurrect.[/FONT]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']The biggest issue to me is his bequeathing of the feathers. Did he store them in the magic itself? And if so, will they separate when they reunite with Sakura, or will Fai need to sacrifice that again to allow her soul to fully reintegrate?[/FONT][/quote]This is what makes it so much fun. They always have something that you're just dying to know how they're going to resolve it.

Also... COLOR. That's gonna be sweet.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Okay... no color other than the beginning page and ending page. That just sucked. I would have liked to see more than just that. Anyway...

So Fai got his magic back and Fei Wong, was [I]not[/I] Fei Wong but someone else? I should have known it would be far to easy for him to die so quickly. o_O

[quote name='Rachmaninoff][B]EDIT:[/B'] Okay... no color other than the beginning page and ending page. That just sucked.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Considering the "ending page" is always the scanlator credits page, it was really only the first page in color. :p

Also, I couldn't resist.

[CENTER][IMG]http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Allamorph/Misc/lolz/situationalz/colbert.png[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]I found it interesting that Fai got his magic back. I was hoping that he would.

As for Few Wong... Naturally it would have been too easy if Fei Wong was taken out like that. Because he's too much of a bastard to be beaten so quickly.

And feh, naturally basement kitteh beats the rest of us to the image edit. =P

[spoiler]and even thinking of doing it too...[I] shakes her fist at Allamorph[/I][/spoiler][/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I'm sorry to say it, but I'm actually a little sad Fai got his magic back. Vampire Fai was pretty badass (though we only got to see a little of his battle prowess as such). But part of me is happy that he did get it back. And the half that grows stronger with use, too. So he should be back up to speed pretty quick-like. >>;

As far as the turn of events goes, I should have seen it coming, too, but I didn't. Because that's what CLAMP excels at. I was wondering where the good doctor had been hiding this whole time, but now that he's dead, I'm somewhat at ease. But we can only wonder what's going to happen next since everyone's about to wander into Fei Wong's playground.[/color][/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I was hoping Fai would get his magic back. The vampire aspect was interesting, but I really wanted him to eventually get it back. I'm also guessing that unlike before, he won't be so hesitant to use it. [quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]But we can only wonder what's going to happen next since everyone's about to wander into Fei Wong's playground.[/color'][/size][/quote]That has me cringing more than anything. He's been causing so much havoc from the shadows so you just [I]know[/I] his home base is going to be full of all sorts of nasty surprises. o_O

Gosh, he just needs to [I]die[/I] already. [B]._.[/B][/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Full circle, baby, [I]finally![/I]

And Fei Wong always has just the thing to stop the hero in his tracks right before the hero wins.

Heck of a good villain, man. Dad-gum.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Well at least Clamp doesn't seem to be beating around the bush or dragging things out needlessly, which I have enjoyed quite a bit about this series.

Also, would someone just KILL Fei Wong already? XP [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Holy crap he can even do mind rape.

Okay, fine. He's been doing it all along. But this goes to show that he's pretty intimidating even when he's not being a manipulative jerk.

It's pretty staggering how well thought out this series has been from the beginning, though. It's almost impossible that they hadn't planned out the two towers from the beginning.

Come to think of it, those ruins were always there, looking just like that. Either we're stuck in a stable time loop here or the series started out with the entire universe already screwed up as the result of Syaoran and co.'s meddling with time and space. It's possible that Sakura got frozen in time as a result of the journey that hadn't happened yet. Which would indicate that Fei Wong had even more planned out from the start than actually existed.

I have a mega headache now.[/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]I literally couldn't stop saying "WHAT?!" for two minutes after reading this chapter.

I bow to the might of CLAMP's story-telling ability. I really, really do.

What's going on is complete and utter madness, but it's so well-controlled, it's almost unbelievable (which I'm sure CLAMP was going for). But this makes me wonder if other characters (if they were ever there at all) will start coming back for the final battle. I would flip if Kamui and Subaru popped back in.[/color][/size]

Right when it looked like they had him, Fei Wong just yanks the rug right out from underneath their feet. o_O I'm wondering, like Ace, if this indicates that Fei Wong had just about every little detail planned or every possibility mapped out. I now wonder just what he has in mind for Fai and Kurogane.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Wow.

So the entire journey was to ensure that the one feather would exist. That's just...

[I]Holy crap.[/I]

Fei Wong, you are officially the master of Xanatos Roulette. It's not even funny how much could have gone wrong there.

I don't think I can even call him names this week. I'm busy giving him a standing ovation.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]Not just exist, but gain [I]unparalleled power[/I] from sleeping for so long. [SIZE="1"]o_O[/SIZE] He's going to shatter the dimensional barriers, bring back the dead, and the other two can't seem to move to stop him....

Damn if he isn't one clever bastard. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]And yet we've learned basically nothing new here. That feather back in Tokyo has been bothering me for a while now, and now that that loose thread has been woven back in maybe we'll get to see some of Fei Wong's ulterior motive.

Have to say, though, not too terribly shocked at the 'unparalleled power' card. I mean, isn't that kind of a given for people who are trying to break the laws of existence itself? Not that I'm calling CLAMP on being unoriginal by any means, just that I think the concept is kind of unavoidable, so it becomes more of a "nodnod" kinda deal.

On second inspection, though, I'd have to say [COLOR="DarkRed"]Ace[/COLOR] is wrong. The entire journey, remember, was to have memories of each dimension imprinted on Cherry B.'s body. Without that imprint, Fei Wong couldn't collapse the interdimensional barriers even if he gained the power of all the feathers. This last feather, then, is less the Ultimate Feather and more a Trump Card. Fei Wong pulls everyone back to Tokyo, where the feather had lain almost forgotten by the heroes, and says "Now my journey to the dark side is complete."

Wham, bam, thank-you-ma'am.

Really, aside from the [I]complete[/I] reason Fei Wong wants to shatter the universe to pieces, my only question is how do those memories (remember, that's what the feathers represent: memories in corporeal form) emit such strong magical power?

Kei? Any thoughts?[/FONT]

I'm kind of curious to know if feathers end up being influenced by their surroundings if the circumstances are prime for it. Like how that one feather was protecting the water. Would that type of situation actually cause it to become more powerful.

Because if the memories already contained such power to begin with, what need would there be to scatter them at all? Other than to somehow gain more power and therefore open the path where Fei Wong could achieve his ultimate goal.

I get the feeling that Fei Wong planned on that happening and used it to isolate feathers that had the greatest [I]potential[/I] to be affected, while using the others to gather the rest and increase their power by adding more memories at the same time.

Just a thought.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Because if the memories already contained such power to begin with, what need would there be to scatter them at all?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]They're the reason for the interdimensional journey in the first place. The party has traveled between dimensions to retrieve them, and the power of the memories [I]plus[/I] the dimensional imprinting are key aspects to Fei Wong's plan.

I mean, what better way to get someone to [I]want[/I] to aid your plan in the first place than to make the conditions the very thing that gives a friend life?

What's disconcerting is that Fei Wong knew about Syaoran even before he first visited Yuuko. His plan was in action [I]with Syaoran as a factor[/I] long before Syaoran even knew about Clow country.

And that brings me back to the [I]first[/I] question.

[I]Who is Clow Reed?[/I][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial][I]Who is Clow Reed?[/I'][/FONT][/quote]That's what I [I]and everyone else[/I] want to know. Oh and if I wasn't clear before, by unparalleled power, I did not mean just one feather. And while we wait, I present this:

[CENTER][IMG]http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/2991/10378516381200902052236xw2.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Really, aside from the [I]complete[/I] reason Fei Wong wants to shatter the universe to pieces, my only question is how do those memories (remember, that's what the feathers represent: memories in corporeal form) emit such strong magical power?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Drawing from my crazy bag of existentialist beliefs that seem to work in this context, said memories are powerful on their own because of their source. Sakura's influence may have a good part in it, but it's what the memories themselves contain that may be lending them extra strength.

You also have to notice that all the memories that we've seen so far also have Syaoran in them in some form (though he is obviously cut out because of the deal that was made with Yuuko). Since Syaoran is the person that Sakura cares most about in the world, that may also be contributing to the power level. (Behold the power of love, people.)

As far as The One Feather....to RULE THEM ALL, that may tie back to Sakura herself. That was the point in the journey where Sakura hitched up her imperial bootstraps and said "Y'all don't know 'bout my iron will." Therefore, in addition to it lying in wait for such a long time, it's also drawing off Sakura's newfound mental strength.

Just a theory, but eh.

In regards to this chapter, all I can say is "OH, SNAP." Which I think is quite fitting, really (even if we didn't learn anything new).

Also, I want one of the bunny things in on the final splash page of dimensional wonder.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n72/Aceburner85/FeiWongGambit.jpg[/IMG]
[SIZE="1"]*Keikaku means plan.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Anyone else getting a little tired of absolutely everything going Fei Wong's way even when he gets backstabbed? It was fun and exciting for a while, but I wanna see the bastard squirm already.

In other news, I hope Yuuko's okay.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ace][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Anyone else getting a little tired of absolutely everything going Fei Wong's way even when he gets backstabbed? It was fun and exciting for a while, but I wanna see the bastard squirm already.

In other news, I hope Yuuko's okay.[/FONT][/QUOTE]No kidding, I'm ready for his plans to fall apart already. Every time it looks like the others might make a difference, he comes out ahead, [I]again. [/I]

Also... now I have to go and read xxxHolic. What's that phrase [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi [/COLOR]uses?[I] pfffft![/I]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][quote name='Rachmaninoff]Also... now I have to go and read xxxHolic. What's that phrase [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi [/COLOR]uses?[I'] pfffft![/I][/quote][SIZE="1"]¬_¬ [I]*whacks you*[/I][/SIZE]

Unfortunately, this twist means I must also go and catch up on xxxHolic. I'm a tiny bit lost since I'm not quite to chapter 100 of 174.... [I]*headdesk*[/I] This is what I get for putting it off. Not on purpose, but still, I hate being out of the loop. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]I would like to bring something before the court for consideration.

We know now that the goal of Fei Wong (son of Downs Syndrome-afflicted Sum Ting Wong) was revival of Yuuko, who has been frozen between life and death for goodness knows [I]how[/I] long wong. It is my suspicion that Yuuko is Fei Wong's wife?which means that although he's a bastard, he's also one ridiculously devoted husband and should be the envy of every main character of shōjo manga drivel. Or at least the desire. Something.

(Yuuko also now has butterfly wings. wtf)

So Yuuko has been frozen between life and death for an unspecified period of time. Because of this, she was basically granted the status of the Dimension Alchemist. (Equivalent exchange and all that-wong.) She has also gained access to basically any dimension of her choosing, has contacts spread across the whole of creation, . . . .

. . . and lives in a shop somewhere in some Tokyo or other. Or something.

My first item for consideration-wong: is the dimension that contained her shop actually real? Something I've noticed about CLAMP's style, I think, is that their background scenery are incredibly detailed, and yet in xxxHolic, unless the action enters a house or centers on something very important, most of the backgrounds there are plain white. There is at most one building in the foreground. Was this intentional?

Second-wong: If Yuuko has indeed been stuck in a dimension that doesn't really exist except to house those people who don't really exist, then what does that make Watanuki?

Third: In the same context, what does that make Doumeki and Himawari?

Maybe [COLOR="DarkRed"]Megiddo[/COLOR] was wright. Maybe we [I]should[/I] combine the threads.

Shamalama-ding-dong.

Wong.[/FONT]