OtakuBoards

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle [Warning: Spoilers]

Aya_Fujimiya_42

[spoiler]I was just thinking, Fai looked rather guilty when anyone brought up the people of Celes and what happened to them... Like he killed them all and ran away or something.. just a thought.

And that little girl is f'in scary.[/spoiler]

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jiazu][spoiler']I was just thinking, Fai looked rather guilty when anyone brought up the people of Celes and what happened to them... Like he killed them all and ran away or something.. just a thought.[/quote][/spoiler]

I wouldn't be suprised if he did.

[quote][spoiler]And that little girl is f'in scary.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Just a bit. [spoiler]Apparently, it's Fai's twin. I think his name is Yui.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE]Just a bit. Apparently, it's Fai's twin. I think his name is Yui.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Purple]Yeah, his name is Yuui. Apparently, when they were still in their own country, [SPOILER]Yuui was in a pit where sinners were thrown into and Fai was in a tower of no escape possible. Sooner or later, Yuui died from something and Fai was devastated. He thought that if he had died sooner than his brother would be able to live. Then out of nowhere, Fei Wong Reed appears and says that he would get them out of there but only one and Fai sends Yuui instead of himself.[/SPOILER]
Really sad stuff but that was as far as I got. Not all the volumes are out yet but I know that things are gonna take a turn.[/COLOR]

Just reading the last few chapters I'm interested in where the next chapter will lead. [spoiler]I mean When Fei Wong Reed appears Fai, Fai says that he wants Yuui to be saved. At this point neither of them are dead. But is it possible that the one with Ashura is Fai and the one who has been traveling with Syaoran's Crew is really Yuui? I guess the next chapter will explain that better. Same reason with why Fai's twin still looks the same age as when he was thrown in the pit or the tower[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I thought the Syaoran clone was a big enough twist as it was but apparently it's not enough for CLAMP.

So Fai was never Fai but actaully Yuui? And not only that but Fai was just playing along in Fei Wong Reed's little "game" ?

Kurogane doesn't look to pleased about that little secret either. *sigh* The developing relationship between Fai/Yuui and Kurogane that I've been hoping for is virtually gone.[/spoiler]

• 1 year later...
[FONT=Arial]New post, new page, new group of people. Nicely worked. (^_^)

Right. For those unfamiliar with the series or those just now becoming interested (including myself, despite having read basically everything so far), [I]Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE[/I] is a multi-universe crossover manga written by CLAMP, the all-female mangaka group whose other notable releases include [I]Angelic Layer[/I], [I]Magic Knight Rayearth[/I], [I]Tokyo Babylon[/I], the currently on-hold [I]X/1999[/I] (social problems, apparently), and the quite-popular [I]Chobits[/I] and [I]Cardcaptor Sakura[/I].

As a crossover work, [I]Tsubasa[/I] contains various characters from other series, the most prominent being Sakura and Syaoran from [I]CCS[/I] and Mokona from [I]Rayearth[/I], though this Mokona is capable of speech—to our unending amusement. Mokona also hails with a black duplicate, though Black Mokona features more prominently in the parallel manga [I]xxxHolic[/I].

[U]Quick intro synopsis:[/U] Sakura, princess of the country of Clow (and possessor of powers mysterious), and Syaoran, son of a deceased archaeologist, are childhood friends with the hint of something more—which, granted, seems a touch convenient for some jaded readers, but we struggle through because good and bad stories tend to start looking very much the same.

Syaoran's current project is the excavation of the towering wing-shaped ruins not far from the city. During one of his expeditions, Sakura joins him for a self-made picnic lunch. But before they can even sit down, her attention is drawn by a peculiar inscription on the floor, and her latent unknown powers trigger, activating a magical device of some sort, but before she can be completely sucked in she is rescued by Syaoran.

However, during the process, large wings had sprouted from her, and the feathers from these wings were consumed and scattered among many different worlds. The castle priest recognises these feathers as pieces of the princess's memories, and with the princess unconscious, he uses his own magic to teleport Syaoran to the abode of a person known as the Witch of Dimensions, who grants Syaoran's wish to scour the other world for these feathers. In order to do this, Syaoran is given a Mokona, who is capable of inter-dimensional travel—but the cost is the princess's memories of him, erasing their relationship in one fell stroke.

These three are joined by new characters Fay D. Flourite, a mage from the icy country of Celes fleeing his sleeping king, and Kurogane, a ninja from Nihon who dresses all in black and has been cursed to become weaker with each person he kills; both of these also relenquish their most valuable possessions, for Kurogane wishes to return to his world and Fay wishes to travel anywhere but home, and traveling with Syaoran grants the wishes of both.

Now then, let me reiterate from the thread title:

[CENTER][COLOR="Red"][B][SIZE="7"][[/SIZE] [SIZE=6][U]MAJOR[/U] [U]FRIKKIN'[/U] [U]SPOILERS[/U][/SIZE] [SIZE=7]][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

If you haven't read the manga at least to chapter [strike]120[/strike] [B][COLOR=Red]200[/COLOR][/B], I suggest you turn around and go back, because although your jaw will probably drop farther than mine while I was reading this manga, learning any of what we'll be talking about will positively ruin the story for you.

Moving on.

So far we've been graced with the pasts of Kurogane (via Syaoran, courtesy of that magic book in the library of LeCourt country) and Fay (as fragmented flashbacks during the three-way between him, Kurogane, and Fay's king Ashura), both of whom have suffered greatly at the machinations of Fei Wong Reed. Fay, who's name is actually that of his deceased brother—Fay is in truth Yuui, and his pseudonym combines his brother's name with the fluorite stone given him by Ashura and his mage rank (D) at the time of his renaming—is the only one of the two whom Fei Wong succeeded in making his pawn, for the Dimension Witch used her abilities to allow Kurogane to escape Fei Wong's plans, instead falling under the graces of Nihon's Princess Tomoyo.

We have also learned that both Syaoran and Sakura are (or were) clones, and that the real pair are (or were) held captive by Fei Wong while the other two carried out his desire for the princess to visit each and every world and for her memory feathers to be recollected. The clone Syaoran, armed with his legs, a flame-sword, and a stolen half of Fay's magic, has done the majority of the feather-collecting ever since going berserk during an underwater fight with the vampire Kamui back in chapter hundred-something, while the real "Syaoran" (whose discarded name has yet to be revealed) is armed with his father's sword from [I]CCS[/I] and mastered versions of all four of his father's spells. Unfortunately, it seems that the clone's stolen magic gives him the edge over the original, whose death was prevented by the Sakura clone.

(Jeez. If I'm goin' too fast, here, whap me.)

Kurogane is down one arm, cut off in order to rescue Fay from his own curse since the sword stored in the arm was equal in power to Fay. Kurogane has been given a cybernetic arm to replace it, but the prosthesis appears to chafe him a great deal . . . meaning he actually mentioned that it does not feel good. Fay, on the other hand, is now totally magic-less, giving the remaining half of his magic in exchange for the prosthesis Kurogane now wears. (Tangled web, much, anyone?) However, Fay is not totally powerless. Back in the acid-rain country, where Syaoran-the-Clone went berserk (and in the process ripped out and consumed one of Fay's eyes, which is how the magic was stolen), the vampire Kamui used his blood, mixed with Kurogane's, to save Fay from death, turning Fay into a vampire. Fay now possesses and has demonstrated the abilities of a vampire (reminds me of Freddy Kreuger, to be honest), and so all is not lost.

At present, the trio-plus-Mokona have traveled back to Clow country to find a way into Fei Wong's domain and rescue Sakura, Sakura, or both if possible. The price for this specific passage was paid by a certain Watanuki, the main character of [I]xxxHolic[/I] who, as we have discovered, is yet another Syaoran-but-not-Syaoran. (In fact, Syaoran isn't even Syaoran. Nor is Sakura Sakura. CONFUSION!!!) Upon arrival in Clow, the heroes discover that the entire city has been placed into a permanent time-loop of the day before Sakura's seventh birthday, and any action the three take disrupts the flow of the loop, killing innocent people.

(Yes, Kei. Fei Wong [I]is[/I] a bastard.)

Thus motivated, the party enters the ruins Syaoran-clone had been excavating, and now we learn that in "Syaoran"'s time this was a ceremonial place where the acolyte in line for succession to the title of priest would prepare him/herself, and where the ceremony was held. We are also taken in to "Syaoran"'s past now to learn that he was originally sent to Clow by his father and essentially that it was his fate to protect the princess Sakura. He is first sent on a sort of seven-day trial period (or your money back) during which he befriends the girl; naturally, nothing goes down until the seventh day, when during one of the princess's cleansing sessions, she is drawn into a trap (or something equally nefarious) by Guess Who, and just as Syaoran is about to rescue her she tells him that Sakura is not her real name. He hesitates, and the trial period is up. Poof, back at Yuuko's shop.

FEI WOOOOONNNNNGGGG [/Colbert]

In order to be sent back,the price is that "Syaoran" will never again see the faces of his parents. He pays this for Sakura's sake, and upon returning finds her apparently unharmed, save for a black-winged seal that only he and her parents can see. This seal will activate on the princess's seventh birthday, when she will go through the ceremony recognising her as a priestess, and it will kill her.

"Syaoran spends the next seven years searching for a way to free the princess from the seal, but he is unsuccessful. But in the fateful moment, Sakura's mother halts time, and in that space "Syaoran" wishes that he could turn back time and relive the moment of his hesitation. Enter Fei Wong. Through whatever means, he read "Syaoran"'s thoughts and steps in to grant the wish....

...almost. Yuuko intervenes and gives him the choice, to which he agrees. He is then doubled; he, the original, goes to Fei Wong, but the [I]other[/I] 'original' (who is Watanuki) falls under the protection of Yuuko to live out his own future.

And that is where we stop currently. If I missed anything important, I'm sure someone will catch it for me. Otherwise, let discussion of recent events, parallels, and nuances commence![/FONT]

I actually liked the way they've finally linked Tsubasa and Holic together in a more concrete manner rather than similar characters and Yuuko as the go between link. It is also explains why Watanuki has been plagued by spirits so much throughout his life.

Everytime I think I can guess what's going to happen in this series Clamp just seems to throw in more and more twists. It always keeps me interested. Out of interest how bout making this both a Tsubasa and holic discussion topic since the two stories are becoming so interlinked. I wouldn't be surprised if Watanuki has some sort of impact in the final confrontation with Fei Wong when it comes about.

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial].... This seal will activate on the princess's seventh birthday... [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Actually, like I mentioned the other day, Al, the Seal of Death activates on Sakura's 17th birthday, not seventh. Hence where the whole 10-year-rewind comes into play.

(And I'm loving how you're bringing chat memes to OB. It's wonderful.)

As far as making this a combination xXxHolic/Tsubasa thread, that would be a bit too confusing, even though the plot lines are essentially two sides of the same coin. It would just make for lots of reference headers and messiness and blah, so I'm gonna say leave them separate for now.[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial]Actually, [I]Tsubasa[/I] and [I]xxxHolic[/I] have been linked from the beginning, but the discussion of how the two relate is actually quite tenuous. As it stands now, there is very material for a dual discussion, so I think they should stay separate.

But if you want to revive the [I]xxxholic[/I] thread (or create one if there isn't one already), then please go right head. (^_^)[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Actually, [I]Tsubasa[/I] and [I]xxxHolic[/I] have been linked from the beginning, but the discussion of how the two relate is actually quite tenuous. As it stands now, there is very material for a dual discussion, so I think they should stay separate.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Compounding on that, I haven't read all of [B]xxxHolic[/B] yet. Therefore, it would be a shame if I were forced to want to maim a Mokona for coming in here one day looking to discuss [B]Tsubasa[/B] and getting plowed over with [B]xxxHolic[/B] spoilers.

And I freakin' love Mokona.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]...almost. Yuuko intervenes and gives him the choice, to which he agrees. He is then doubled; he, the original, goes to Fei Wong, but the [I]other[/I'] 'original' (who is Watanuki) falls under the protection of Yuuko to live out his own future.[/FONT][/quote]I was really surprised by this, but then quite a bit of this series has surprised me. I haven't managed to guess what's going to happen at all, every time I think I've got a handle on what's going on they toss in something like this that has me going... o_O

I really need to get cracking on reading xxxHolic to see if there are any other connections like that one. It really makes the series fun since instead of predictable turns, like expecting a clone of Syaoran, they weave things like this into it.

So at this point, I'm guessing the clone came later because the interference on Yuuko's part messed up what Fei Wong originally had in mind. And yes I so agree... Fei Wong [I]is[/I] a [insert bad word here]. [/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Yes, Sabrina, it's safe to say that Syaoran came to be after "Syaoran" went with Fei Wong due to the fact that "Syaoran" didn't want to go along with Fei's plans.

So, just to say it thrice and make it official, Fei Wong [i]is[/i] a bastard.

Now let's all play "Who Does Fei Wong Want to Revive?"! First prize is a toffee [i]and[/i] a shiny new penny. :P [/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]So, just to say it thrice and make it official, Fei Wong [i]is[/i] a bastard. [/color'][/size][/quote]Understatement of the year, now that I've gotten caught up on this, I'm eager to see him taken out. He doesn't care who he screws over just to get his wish granted.

And apparently it sounds like I need to read xxxHolic now... o_O I suppose it's something to do while I wait for the next chapter of this.

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]Now let's all play "Who Does Fei Wong Want to Revive?"! First prize is a toffee [i]and[/i] a shiny new penny. :P [/color'][/size][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I'm sure the truth will out as F-dub attempts the revival OR as he lays dying (har har), since I don't see CLAMP doing the long villainic monologue thing. But that doesn't interest me quite so much at this point.

I'm more interested in how CLAMP will handle the clones. They've gone to great lengths so far to distinguish each one from his/her counterpart, so I wonder if they'll use separate realities to allow both to keep living, if the clones will go back to Clow and the 'realies' will head to Yuuko and thence....wherever, or if people will start dying. And since it has been made clear that Sakura has two bodies but only one soul (as opposed to Syaoran), that promises to make things a little difficult.

And of course I wonder if Yuui will get his magic back and cease to be a vampire. The condition was not that he regain all his magic, just his lost eye. But that means that Syaoran has to give it up, and as we've already seen removing one's eye is nearly fatal. So things don't look so good for the clones right now, without some serious wishing going down.

I'm also intrigued by the character development so far. Seems like the only one who hasn't yet fallen into the guilt-by-causality trap, for which Fei Wong seems to be notorious, has been Kurogane. Yuui got suckered into the "I killed my brother" deal, and "Syaoran" got suckered into the "everything now is because of my choice" deal. (Can't say anything for Sakura because we just haven't been given that much head time with her.) I wonder if Fei Wong is in the same trap.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I'm sure the truth will out as F-dub attempts the revival OR as he lays dying (har har)....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1][i]*shoots you*[/i]

There, now that that's taken care of...[/color][/size]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I'm also intrigued by the character development so far. Seems like the only one who hasn't yet fallen into the guilt-by-causality trap, for which Fei Wong seems to be notorious, has been Youou.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]No, Kuro-puu only got suckered in because of the fact that F-Dub (I find that name highly amusing) essentially killed both his parents (his mother through actual stabbing and his father as a consequence of that). And, as we saw, that [i]really[/i] didn't go over well (though I have no idea how it would). Yay, taking out almost entire ninja squads.

As far as the clones go, I also think that it won't necessarily end up being a fairy tale ending for them. From what I remember of the past chapters, though, Fei Wong said that the original Sakura's body "fell apart and disappeared" when he created her clone. If that's the case, the gang may be a little screwed as the only thing left is Clone Sakura's body. Unless there's a way to revive a soul... :/

(Oh, snap! Could it be that the gang would actually have to rely on Fei Wong's wish to get Sakura back?! :O)[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1][i]*shoots you*[/i][/size'][/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]So mean..... ó_ò

[QUOTE][I][color=darkblue][size=1]No, Kuro-puu only got suckered in because of the fact that F-Dub (I find that name highly amusing) essentially killed both his parents (his mother through actual stabbing and his father as a consequence of that). And, as we saw, that [i]really[/i] didn't go over well (though I have no idea how it would). Yay, taking out almost entire ninja squads.[/size][/color][/I][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm aware of Wong's machinations to get at Kurogane, but if I recall correctly Yuuko intervened and placed Tomoyo in his path, which essentially kept him free of becoming a puppet.

But even apart from that, the only real way in which Kurogane was affected was an insane rage. Yuui believed that his brother's death was his fault (and possibly that Ashura's actions were his fault as well, dunno), and "Syaoran" believed that the entire chain of events was his fault for winding back time. Kuro-tan knew someone else was to blame; so far as I'd seen he hadn't been holding himself responsible for anything.

[QUOTE][I][color=darkblue][size=1]From what I remember of the past chapters, though, Fei Wong said that the original Sakura's body "fell apart and disappeared" when he created her clone. If that's the case, the gang may be a little screwed as the only thing left is Clone Sakura's body. Unless there's a way to revive a soul... :/[/size][/color][/I][/QUOTE]
Yes, but then remember when clone Sakura's soul was stabbed (should we start calling her Cherry to distinguish? :p), she turned back to "Syaoran" and told him the real Sakura was waiting for him. So now we have an apparent paradox, as well as having only one body left, no souls to speak of, and a fistful of [strike]dollars[/strike] [strike]feathers[/strike] memories.

[QUOTE][I][color=darkblue][size=1](Oh, snap! Could it be that the gang would actually have to rely on Fei Wong's wish to get Sakura back?! :O)[/size][/color][/I][/QUOTE]
And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and that dumb white pork bun![/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Yeah, I'm aware of Wong's machinations to get at Kurogane, but if I recall correctly Yuuko intervened and placed Tomoyo in his path, which essentially kept him free of becoming a puppet.

But even apart from that, the only real way in which Kurogane was affected was an insane rage. Yuui believed that his brother's death was his fault (and possibly that Ashura's actions were his fault as well, dunno), and "Syaoran" believed that the entire chain of events was his fault for winding back time. Kuro-tan knew someone else was to blame; so far as I'd seen he hadn't been holding himself responsible for anything.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Point conceded.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Yes, but then remember when clone Sakura's soul was stabbed (should we start calling her Cherry to distinguish? :p), she turned back to "Syaoran" and told him the real Sakura was waiting for him. So now we have an apparent paradox, as well as having only one body left, no souls to speak of, and a fistful of [strike]dollars[/strike] [strike]feathers[/strike] memories.[/QUOTE][/FONT]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Then again, paradoxes are nothing new with CLAMP, lol. But yes, I understand your point. At this junction, there's really no way to tell where the real Sakura is or how she'll regain her lost soul. If she does manage to somehow come back from whatever part of the time-space continuum she's been stashed without a soul, then we're pretty much back to Square One with her (I'm going off the logic that I was presented with a while ago that memories and interactions with the people you meet create your soul). :/

(Also, I am not opposed to calling her Cherry B. lol)[/color][/size]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids and that dumb white pork bun![/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Like, jinkies![/size][/color]

So latest chapter of Tsubasa and we are confronted with [spoiler]what it really meant by frozen time in the ruins. Sakura when she was being engulfed by Fei Wong's curse or whatever it was.And next chapter will probably see the beginning of the next round of Syaoran Versus Syaoran.[/spoiler]

After this chapter though I thinking that maybe the reason that Sakura is "soulless" is primarily because of the fact that she is frozen in time. I can't really think of how to explain this right now, but when I do I might come back and explain it if I remember.

[quote name='Meggido']After this chapter though I thinking that maybe the reason that Sakura is "soulless" is primarily because of the fact that she is frozen in time. I can't really think of how to explain this right now, but when I do I might come back and explain it if I remember.[/quote]That's what I was just thinking after reading the latest chapter. Her soul is stuck in that moment when time was frozen. I was already leaning towards that idea and seeing that chapter only re-enforced it.

If what you are talking about with memories creating a soul is correct Kei, would that potentially mean there is now a duplicate of her soul? If so, that would leave us with the original soul that is still stuck in time and the duplicate that was created via memories/interactions.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']If what you are talking about with memories creating a soul is correct Kei, would that potentially mean there is now a duplicate of her soul? If so, that would leave us with the original soul that is still stuck in time and the duplicate that was created via memories/interactions.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Thinking about it fully now, as I only said that as a random thought, that may actually be the case. Once Cherry B.'s memory feathers were scattered way back at the beginning, she was completely KO'd. Even Yuuko, I believe, said she would die if she didn't get at least one of them back soon. And since there is a long standing belief that a body can't live without a soul, there's actually a high possibility that Fei Wong somehow created a starter soul of sorts for the clone and let all her experiences reinforce it from that point once he sent it out into Clow Country proper.

This, though, is pure conjecture, and CLAMP thrives on completely shattering that, so... :/ lol[/color][/size]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]Thinking about it fully now, as I only said that as a random thought, that may actually be the case. Once Cherry B.'s memory feathers were scattered way back at the beginning, she was completely KO'd. Even Yuuko, I believe, said she would die if she didn't get atl east one of them back soon. And since there is a long standing belief that a body can't live without a soul, there's actually a high possibility that Fei Wong somehow created a starter sould of sorts for the clone and let all her experiences reinforce it from that point once he sent it out into Clow Country proper.[/color'][/size][/quote]That would also explain why so much time happened before her memories were scattered. If it happened too soon, there wouldn't have been enough (memories) to make up for the fact that she was a clone at that point and essentially soulless; since her original soul is elsewhere.

On some level, I'm still a bit confused over why Fei Wong didn't just let her die to begin with. Though I assume it was necessary for making his wish come true. Honestly, when it comes to this series, the further I get into it, the more I go... o_O [quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]This, though, is pure conjecture, and CLAMP thrives on completely shattering that, so... :/ lol[/color'][/size][/quote]This I have so noticed. I haven't gotten anything right in this story. Though that does make it more fun to read. I wish we didn't have to wait two weeks for another chapter though. XP[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT=Arial]So, new chapter, at long last, and we are presented with...

....absolutely nothing.

Sorry, that's what [I]war[/I] is good for. I need something a little more obvious than 'oh gosh, Fei Wong is going to attempt to alter the moment that Yuuko froze'. Throwing Syaoran into the mix last chapter was very nice, but this one didn't seem to be anything short of a gloat-fest for Mister I-wanna-have-hair-like-Wolverine.

Still, Kurogane expressed my sentiments very eloquently. Shut the heck up already. :p[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]So, new chapter, at long last, and we are presented with...

....absolutely nothing.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Two weeks for that? Seriously... WTF? It was just that... NOTHING.[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']Still, Kurogane expressed my sentiments very eloquently. Shut the heck up already. [/FONT][/quote]Agreed. I'm hoping that means they plan on keeping the monologuing down to a minimum since that will drive me absoutely batty otherwise. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]You forget, Indi-Cat. This is Tsubasa. It is made of exposition and WTF.

But anyway, I am also not happy with the lack of plot motion. Though, considering the fact that this is a very rare occurence with CLAMP (unlike certain other manga-ka who shall not be named), I'm willing to forgive them.

Judging from Kurogane's (standard) lack of patience with the situation, it seems like all systems are go for epic battling in the next chapter. At least, I hope so. We really don't need Fei Wong calling "Timesies" any more than he already has.[/color][/size]