OtakuBoards

Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle [Warning: Spoilers]

Aya_Fujimiya_42

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]My first item for consideration-wong: is the dimension that contained her shop actually real? Something I've noticed about CLAMP's style, I think, is that their background scenery are incredibly detailed, and yet in xxxHolic, unless the action enters a house or centers on something very important, most of the backgrounds there are plain white. There is at most one building in the foreground. Was this intentional?[/font][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]We already know from before that Yuuko is in her own spatial dimension from a couple of chapters back when Fai made mention of it, so it is quite possible that they're all in Yuuko's dimension and when the gang originally showed up to her place, they were still in Fei Wong's, which would somewhat explain what happened there. It's just a theory, but she -is- the Dimension Witch, after all.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial]Second-wong: If Yuuko has indeed been stuck in a dimension that doesn't really exist except to house those people who don't really exist, then what does that make Watanuki?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1] My theories: 1) God. 2) Better than you. 3) Dr. Who. 4) Nothing more than a ghost himself. We already know that he's essentially Alternate "Syaoran", so it is quite possible that he's just another form of will given physical form. *shrugs*[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial]Third: In the same context, what does that make Doumeki and Himawari?[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue][size=1]As far as Himawari goes, it has been suggested that she may be Alternate Sakura due to her tendency to bring bad luck wherever she goes. Yuuko also often tells Watanuki that she's not his "Goddess of Luck", which could be a reference to Sakura since we know that Watanuki is Syaoran, so that brings the possibility of her being someone else entirely (though I can't imagine who out of the CCS universe it could be except possibly Mei-Lin).

As for Doumeki...I'm not really sure. He's a strange one. I know that he couldn't originally see Yuuko's store because he didn't have a need for it, which automatically makes him somewhat important, but he also does possess spiritual powers, so it's kind of confusing. I know that he can see it now, but... Perhaps he was acting as some sort of ground until he became tied to Watanuki through Yuuko instead of just by Himawari. *shrugs*

And as far as combining the threads goes, I'm gonna say not just yet. :p[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well the latest chapter was quite interesting with all the magic going on. Fei Wong was definitely not happy at all. However based on one panel in the last chapter, it no seems that I need to read up on Cardcaptor Sakura as well. I am assuming the staff and the card reference is in relation to that series.

Okay, nevermind, I just asked and Des confirmed it by saying the staff shown is one that is from that series. o_O Things are certainly getting interesting, and more complicated as well.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]The last chapter was fun. However, I would have enjoyed it more if some moron hadn't come into chat and said in all caps: [U]so and so is still alive![/U]

[SIZE="1"][I]*headdesk*[/I] [/SIZE]

So fun twist is fun, but annoying since I knew [I]before[/I] I read it. I am curious about the choice they're being given. I'd rather find out via reading instead of being told though. So with that in mind, I reamed the person who spoiled it so hopefully that won't happen again.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[color=darkblue][size=1]So I've read 220....

...And CLAMP never ceases to BLOW MY MIND.

*ahem* I've been watching Powerthirst too much again. Anyway.

So it seems that Yuuko was actually [i]Clow's[/i] special person the entire time and Yuuko is the cause of this crazy cuckoo acid-trip of an advenure. Now, the fact that Clow was so strong that a little wish for her to open her eyes again resulted in her current state is some humdinger of a hax, but due to the fact that Clow has always been dubbed "The Greatest Magician", I'm surprisingly willing to accept that. But part of me is wondering why Fei Wong is still going to such lengths after all these years. Fei Wong and Clow don't really seem to be BFF, so I'm guessing that there might actually be a triangle of sorts there... Which is really awkward to think about. ._.

Anyway, regarding the main characters that have suddenly turned into minor characters, at this point, I don't know what Syaoran will do. The prices have already been paid, so all he has to do is say the word and viola, but... At this point, he may just want to stay a "ghost". I reckon we'll just have to wait and see.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]So I've read 220....

...And CLAMP never ceases to BLOW MY MIND.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]I feel like they pretty much said... so you think this is the deal? Think again. o_O [quote name='Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]So it seems that Yuuko was actually [i]Clow's[/i] special person the entire time and Yuuko is the cause of this crazy cuckoo acid-trip of an advenure. Now, the fact that Clow was so strong that a little wish for her to open her eyes again resulted in her current state is some humdinger of a hax, but due to the fact that Clow has always been dubbed "The Greatest Magician", I'm surprisingly willing to accept that. But part of me is wondering why Fei Wong is still going to such lengths after all these years. Fei Wong and Clow don't really seem to be BFF, so I'm guessing that there might actually be a triangle of sorts there... Which is really awkward to think about. ._.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]That was just wtf? A simple thought is all that it took for things to get so messed up? And things turning it into some sort of odd triangle instead is, like you said, awkward. Well if that turns out to be the case.[QUOTE=Kei][color=darkblue][size=1]Anyway, regarding the main characters that have suddenly turned into minor characters, at this point, I don't know what Syaoran will do. The prices have already been paid, so all he has to do is say the word and viola, but... At this point, he may just want to stay a "ghost". I reckon we'll just have to wait and see.[/color'][/size][/quote]Yeah, I found that interesting as well, it's almost like they don't even exist at this moment. I'm really curious to see what the others finally decide on.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Arial"]So, am I the only one wondering [I]what the hell [/I]is going to happen next? I'm terribly curious to see what happens to the pair now that they made their choice, but at the same time, I want them to get back to what's going on with Fai and the others. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkblue][size=1]YUUKO DIED.

*incomprehensible squeaking* ;-;

I should have seen it coming, yes, but still. It's sad. D: At least she gets to go to Clow now and be happy.

As far as Sakura and Syaoran meeting again (along with the random awesome of the Magic Knight Rayearth girls), there's nothing to really comment on. Part of me sqeaked due to cuteness, but as far as where it's going to go... *shrugs*

And where the deuce is Fei Wong in all this, eh?[/color][/size]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]So did anyone else get goosebumps reading that? Granted, it only took them a chapter to be reunited, but seeing Sakura so happy definitely brought a tear to my eye. :]

As excited as I am by this, I'm going to mirror Indi's sentiments and state that I'm eager to discover what happened to Fai and the others, especially considering I have speculations over Syaoran's parents [well kinda] that I would like cleared up. X][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I'm pretty sure from how the story has been moving lately that the other universe, with Fai and Kurogane and co, has been completely and utterly erased as part and parcel of the reincarnation of the clones, who are now the real people again.

Remember, the [I]logic[/I] of that universe was shattered. Not just the worlds. The basic logic holding them together was broken beyond repair. (Which also means that as of now, Fei Wong's wish remains ungranted. We'll see how that works, though, since [spoiler]that's also Watanuki's wish[/spoiler]) The only way that such a thing could be fixed, at least to my mind, is total erasure.

Again, I could be wrong. But that's the feel I'm getting.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Tahoma"]Even if you are right Allamorph, I at least hope for another chapter or two so they can neatly wrap things up. I really enjoyed getting to see the other two get together again so I'd like to see how the others lives are resolved. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]There's the thing, though. What is there to 'wrap up'? The story was about the relationship between Syaoran and Sakura. It's always been about that relationship. Everything that drove the plot somehow tied back to that relationship.

And now that relationship has finally culminated. I just don't see anything else that can be done without the story seeming . . . I dunno, anticlimactic.[/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Well they didn't indicate that it was the final chapter, so obviously they have something in mind. I really did like how they had the others find one another again. It was very emotional and moving, I thought it was nicely played. :catgirl:

I still can't help but wonder what will become of Fai and company though. I know you have your theories Sir Allamorph but I wonder if Clamp has other ideas. Though who knows? We might simply be told, that's all folks! o_O[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Well they haven't gotten back to Fai and the others, but I'm not surprised that the clones, who are now real, are being tied back into the story again. I was kind of wondering if they would be involved like that. Or something along those lines. I just didn't see them meeting again only for their part in the series to be over.

Now I hope they don't spend too much time laying out how things happened from that angle. Though I shouldn't worry too much, so far they haven't really done the [I]dragging things out[/I] deal in this series. =P