OtakuBoards

Go New Charles Banner Go!

Charles

This is an epic effort directed by myself and produced by Vampire Ed. I would say it's one of the better banners I've posted, but that's only one man's opinion.

We've tried some interesting things here so feeback would be helpful indeed. It could definitely influence any possible future tweaks, if needed. Perhaps it's too busy? Be sure to say so.

Some of the effects are purposely cheesy though, so keep that in mind.

Now, without further delay, bask in the glory that is this banner. Hold it to your heart and be happy for evertyhing is good.

And beware. It features my usual style. That should be a clear indicator that you might do something like this upon seeing it: >_<

[url]http://cwb.250free.com/CharlesBannerTest.gif[/url]

I'm glad I'm not an epiletic, or else I would've died after seeing all that :p

Anyway, I thought it was a funny banner (though, certain people might not agree with me lol). I also though the Administrator Teleport looked funny because it looked like you turned into a genie bottle before you teleported o_O

Great banner, though. Doesn't offend me at all.

"Chalres" and Rob64 (Starfox reference, I know I know...)

Nice work. Twisted and unusual as always. I expected nothing less coming from your mind. I think your next project should be a mod on Doom, featuring inane banter from idiot n00bs.

The plot would be...

"You are the last surviving Mod on the Company's Message Board. To escape, you must blast your way out of the Registration Complex. Upon exiting the Registration Complex, you find yourself in a catastrophic catacomb called N00bie Domain. Fight your way up through N00bie Domain, blasting any idiotic chatter with your ModCannon. You find better and more powerful weapons along the way, and opportunities to rescue survivors who are being held hostage by the N00bies.

In order to rescue these hostages, you need to find Modchips and upload them into those held captive. The Modchip will install necessary files and update the database of the individual, allowing them to join you in your objective of escape.

After blasting your way out of the horror that is N00bie Domain, a more pleasant situation will present itself.

That pleasant situation is the ModChannel, a lone outpost, the last surviving stronghold of Mods. You will find a transport there. The transport will bring you to the starport, where you will destroy any remaining N00bie monsters and get your *** back to Mars.?

I like that. I might use that. I will use that.

?til we speak again,

PoisonTongue

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]Anyway, I thought it was a funny banner (though, certain people might not agree with me lol). I also though the Administrator Teleport looked funny because it looked like you turned into a genie bottle before you teleported o_O[/B][/QUOTE]

:chuckles: And then, I might be looking at the third suggestions topic dedicated to moi. If such a thing happened, it would be very humourous considering the opening title of the banner. ^_^;;

I see that a majority of you are having problems with the speed. On my computer it runs fairly fast. But, using a campus computer, I noticed that it crawled just a nip faster than a snail's pace. So, hopefully I can get one with tweaked speed produced.

It probably is fairly large in size too. Tons of animation and transitional stuff involved.

[quote][b]The plot would be...

"You are the last surviving Mod on the Company's Message Board. To escape, you must blast your way out of the Registration Complex. Upon exiting the Registration Complex, you find yourself in a catastrophic catacomb called N00bie Domain. Fight your way up through N00bie Domain, blasting any idiotic chatter with your ModCannon. You find better and more powerful weapons along the way, and opportunities to rescue survivors who are being held hostage by the N00bies.

In order to rescue these hostages, you need to find Modchips and upload them into those held captive. The Modchip will install necessary files and update the database of the individual, allowing them to join you in your objective of escape.

After blasting your way out of the horror that is N00bie Domain, a more pleasant situation will present itself.

That pleasant situation is the ModChannel, a lone outpost, the last surviving stronghold of Mods. You will find a transport there. The transport will bring you to the starport, where you will destroy any remaining N00bie monsters and get your *** back to Mars.?

I like that. I might use that. I will use that.

?til we speak again,

PoisonTongue[/b][/quote]

O_o;;;;;;

[COLOR=darkred][size=1]............ [I]N00bies are cool[/I].......

It is good, and sometimes the soild color backgrounds look grainy, and when the sprites were talking to each other, the text went by fast for me, it may not for others, I just noticed that for me. It is very funny though.

[I].......... Go N00bies......[/I][/COLOR][/size]

[color=midnightblue]This reminds me of South Park, in a gory-and-proud-of-it way.

The only way I'm offended is 'cause I'm not in it. Unless I'm that spammer person. Bleh.

"Consider yourself cookied" is probably the most hilarious, intentionally corny line I've ever seen.

The slow framerate/overall speed thing doesn't bother me. I was exposed to Daily Comics made by our local DragonWarrior at an early OtakuBoards age (As in when I first logged onto OB), and I find the style to be humorous and that it gives the banner style.

[b]9.7/10[/b] The spammer's sprite could be a little higher quality, I think, but that's just me.

haha!!!!!

That banner is so funny. It made me laugh. I think that you did a great job Charles. Keep it up. I can't wait to see your next project.

It was kind of slow though. AOL may be to blame, but what the heck. Some people may get offended, but I like it...

*laughs*

I take it that that is _______? Namely the [spoiler] person who complained about your avatar?[/spoiler] Whatever it is, it is defoinitley humorous. Your banners are always good. Well, not necessarily good, but time wasting, agressive, overbearing rubbish. I love them all. You have a knack for humorous concepts.

lol.