OtakuBoards

Changing of Sexes. [Maturity should be must]

Mitch

[size=1] Well, here is an interesting idea for a thread that popped into my mind.

I was watching Tech TV last night, and they have sexual-oriented shows, such us Unscrewed and such. Anyways, I was watching a show called Wired for Sex. Its topic was the changing of one sex to another via plastic surgery and such, and all that goes into the transformation of that.

I'm sure every person has lamented some facet of the opposite sexes in their lifetime; I also believe, a while ago, there was a thread ascertaining to this point.

It's interesting, though, how quickly technology goes on its way. It has been documented that people in earlier centuries had castrated themselves to show their want and lamentation for the opposite sex. Sometime WW II-ish, some guy got a crudely made vagina.

The show went to show that it is relatively easy to take a penis and make it into a vagina--the surgeon said he simply leaves the some nerves of the penis for the clitoris, and from there is able to form a nearly working vagina, whereby the patients have been pretty satisfied and able to achieve orgasm.

It is interesting. Most people that feel they should have been born as the opposite sex underwent some mental trauma, just as murderers, as was stated in my last thread.

I do not know exactly what this thread shall be about. It is nothing too specific, nothing too based. It would be nice to hear other's opinions on this, see if they actually lament being the sex they are, perhaps.

It is kind of disgusting to me, in a way. But I am open to all things. I can understand someone at least acting, or somewhat having characteristics and inherent feelings of their inner sex. But I do not exactly understand and see the amounting of changing one's entire outer appearance for the sake of being seen as what one may see themselves in the inside. It costs a sizeable amount of money, and some surgeries are quite imperfect at this time--such as taking a vagina and forming a penis.

It's just taking it too far in my opinion.

Do you think it is?

In closing, maturity is a [i]must[/i] in this thread. If you are ignorant, young, or anything such, do not post in this thread, rather ignore it, or simply move on your way. Maturity is needed. I do not want any perverted, entirely sick posts proclaiming, "OMG THUTS SICK OMG WTF!111" and such. [/size]

WOW. I had been wondering if that was actually possible but I had no clue it really was. So if some guy did that would they gain the ability to have babies? I had heard of a guy having a baby in the past but I never thought it could go this far. You do seem to have a habit of creating sic yet interesting threads. Seeing as how Im the first poster I dont have much to say.

[color=#707875]I think it would be incredibly horrible and scary to "have the mind of a woman" inside a man's body.

So for people who do feel that way...I can only say that I can't imagine how uncomfortable and traumatic it must be. While I personally couldn't understand how it feels, I can probably imagine how terrible I'd feel if things were like that for me. So, yeah...this is why I think transgendered people probably have it tougher than anyone else in society.

Anyway, more to the point...I've never felt negative about being male. I love being male. I love everything about it, in terms of what it means to my life. I don't know what else I can say about that really...but...I have never felt any passing desire to be a woman or to experience things as a woman.

*shrug*

But that's just me.[/color]

Guest Crimson Spider
Possible, yes. But I just see that as wrong! If you have girl parts that work perfectly well, then why change into a guy? Just because you feel your born into the wrong body, doesn't mean you should change it. So what if your a tomboy, or a thoughtful teenager guy? So what if you like things of the opposite sex? That means that you are, and like those things. Doesn't mean you should change your sex. Be happy with what god gives you.

But however, there are some cases in which you actually have both parts in you, and would be classified as a transexual. THIS, my friend, is plenty right in my mind to fix. A girl that has all girl parts EXCEPT for that one area can go ahead and get that fixed, and vice versa. If your messed up, then go ahead. I'll edit later.

EDITING: There once was a boy who had his penis burned off while he was a baby. So the doctors, not sure why, decided to make him a girl. But as growing up, She was still plenty a He. They raised IT as a girl, and did ballé, and dance classes, and dolls, and dresses. But IT didn't like those things. It liked monster trucks, and GIJoes, and pants. IT liked girls! IT was pretty much going crazy! Tried to commit suicide twice, both unsucessful. Then when it was older, they finally revieled to him that he was supposed to be a guy.

Feeling like your on the wrong body or not, it's still wrong to be changed.

I, myself, have no rpoblem with people who want to do that kind of thing. They're spending their money, their time, etc. on it. It's their life. Let 'em live it.

EDIT:Crimson, does "they don't need to be changed" thing mean that you re opposed to all change? I'm just wondering.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Personally, I'm against the changing on the sex. It's one thing to be gay, but it's another thing entirely to want to change your gender. Then what are you? Are you not gay anymore? Are you straight? Are you a male or a female?

I don't understand why people would even both to go through with it because it is usually obvious that they have changed sexes and they still don't come across as the gender intended.

Maybe I don't know enough about the subject, but just the thought of penis being cut down and surgically molded into a vagina is so disgusting it makes me feel nauseous.[/color][/size]

[i]Be happy with what god gives you.[/i]

And if you don't believe in god?

Well, I believe it's perfectly fine. I believe as James said "...it would be incredibly horrible and scary to "have the mind of a woman" inside a man's body."

[i]Just because you feel your born into the wrong body, doesn't mean you should change it.[/i]

Why not?
If you have the money, and you truely believe that isn't the body you should be in.

[i]So what if your a tomboy, or a thoughtful teenager guy?[/i]

i've never heard of a teenager getting this operation. Also i don't their allowed to get the operation either.

[i]But however, there are some cases in which you actually have both parts in you, and would be classified as a transexual. THIS, my friend, is plenty right in my mind to fix. A girl that has all girl parts EXCEPT for that one area can go ahead and get that fixed, and vice versa. [/i]

Why should they get it fixed, and the person that was born in the wrong body can't?

Anyway, my thoughts on the matter is that it's perfectly fine for a person to get the sex change. It's their body let them do what they want with it. We shouldn't control somebody who isn't happy with their body, because it breaks taboos

[i]Then what are you? Are you not gay anymore? Are you straight? Are you a male or a female?[/i]

i think they are the sex they got changed into.

But then what makes a male, or a female? Is it the testes and the overies or is it just the "parts" of that sex...or the mind?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kyo no Ryu [/i]
[B]Oh I wouldnt say that Asuka. They can change your hair, they can change your geens, they can give you facelifts, heck they can probably change your voice for the right price, youll be unrecognizable. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]They can change you all right, but you will still come across as that same person. And they can't change your genes. That's scientifically impossible unless you're not born yet, and that's illegal.

It doesn't matter how much you cut and dye your hair, how much you TRY to change your voice, how many facelifts you get, you will still be that same person, and you'll be recognizable, and you'll be disgusting.[/color][/size]

To answer your question, I think this is wrong. You should be happy the way you are, and make the advantage of it.
I feel good about being a girl, not a boy. I would never get my vagina formed into a penis, I am happy the way I am. But that's what other people want, so be it. They have to make their decisions in their life.
I am completely agreeing with Asuka on this. It's just disgusting to me.

Er..... I don't think that what happened in "The Animal" was supposed to be scientifically plausible.

The idea of gender-bending surgery does make me rather uncomfortable. It sounds extremely painful, to say the least.

But if someone feels trapped in his/her own body, and is desparate enough to seek a sex change, he/she should be allowed to go through with it.

I find it interesting that many of the people who choose to undergo these operations are middle-aged, and sometimes even married. Their husbands or wives rarely suspect a thing. It must be incredibly traumatic to conceal your true identity from your loved ones for so many long years.

Whatever one's opinion on this matter may be, one must admit that openly changing sexes is an act of incredible personal courage.

~Dagger~

Personally, I couldn't care any for someone who would go and change their sex just because they don't approve with the way they are. You're made a certain way for a reason. You should approve of it anyway no matter what. Having surgery to turn a penis into a vagina is just sick and wrong. It's still wrong to think of the same sex as attractive but I don't have anything against that really. But changing your body figure is just, twisted.

Your body is fine the way it is. You don't have to change it just to be satisfied. Some operations aren't always sucessful either. Things could slip out of place and fall. That would be a loss of money and you wouldn't look the way you had planned to in the first place.

To me, you're disgusting if you try to go do something like that. Just stay the way you are and hope someone will except you for who you are. I've known people who've actually done something like this too. Now, they fight their sister for her boyfriend and say they got with him. It's disturbing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]So for people who do feel that way...I can only say that I can't imagine how uncomfortable and traumatic it must be. [/B][/QUOTE]

And so a sex change is the answer?

I honestly think these people should try to get some kind of mental therapy as opposed to just changing their sex.

After all, what differentiates the genders? At the most basic level, just our reproductive organs. But other than that, scientific research has shown that men and women think differently (surprise surprise) when it comes to many things. We just watched a video on this in psychology.

And yet while watching it, I noticed there were some areas that I think I fall more into the "female" side... does that mean I was born into the wrong body? Of course not. There's no "100% female" or "100% male" out there. It's not like men and women have preset minds. I was born male, that's clearly how God/nature (whichever you prefer) intended it.

If someone truly believes they were born in the "wrong" body, then I think there's psychological issues here. Changing your genitalia doesn't change who you are. Rather than getting some operation, they should find out why they've been led to believe they have the wrong body in the first place. And I bet, upon really figuring things out, they will realize what's going on with them.

Befre i post my comment on this im wondering while reading this...if they can have babys wont they need hip surgery so they can support it?

I think it is peoples 'RIGHT' to do what they wan with their own bodys so it's not for anyone to say whats wrong or right. It's more a question of would you or wouldn't you.

[COLOR=darkblue]I don't really like the idea of sex changes, but it's the individual's choice.

There are men who exhibit certain behaivoral traits that people would identify with a feminist quality and the same goes for women who exhibit male behavioral traits.

IMO, they should really embrace that quality without any cosmetic procedure because it is unique.

In a way, a person who changes sexes denies themselves because they follow what society is telling them. "If you act this way, you must look like this..." Which is crazy.[/COLOR]

The idea of the operation seems to me to be pretty... well, gross. However, as we all should realise, our opinions on this matter depend entirely on where we are coming from. If I was someone who wanted to change my gender, then I would think that it was perfectly acceptable practice.

The idea is slightly replusive to me however, if they feel it would make them happy and more complete, than it is fine. The practice is disconcerting, but I don't see why it is unacceptable or bad. What is so wrong with it?

Surely if we weren't meant to be doing it, we would all be smited by a divine being....

[Excuse that last sentence]

[color=royalblue]I agree with Rico, and Asuka on some points. It's kinda sad, kinda disturbing, kinda questionable.

There are times when I wished for a man's physique, but mostly so I could kill someone more easily. But I don't mind being female. It makes it easier to manipulate people....

And the idea of my ***** being threatened with scalpels and scissors is just really.......disturbing.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Baron Samedi [/i]
[B]Surely if we weren't meant to be doing it, we would all be smited by a divine being....
[/B][/QUOTE]

hmm....so murders, rapes, and stealing is ok, because not everyone that does that stuff gets smited by a divine being? :p

"I honestly think these people should try to get some kind of mental therapy as opposed to just changing their sex."
- wrist cutter

you know, i am going to have to agree with that one.....
its a better, safer precaution to having the surgury (i think it would be somthing very, umm, difficult to reverse)

when you think about it, the people who do get the sex change surgury never really get a "perfect" surgury....there are always things that can't be changed

[quote][i]originally posted by lea2385[/i]

hmm....so murders, rapes, and stealing is ok, because not everyone that does that stuff gets smited by a divine being? [/quote]

Absolutely. You got my point in one. I think we should all go out and kill/rape/steal/destroy, until we get struck by lightning. Hurray.

Mental therapy is a good idea for it, but I don't think surgery is necessarily a bad thing. Probably counselling first, if for nothing but to save themselves some money.

I'm wondering why no one has adressed a recurring issue in this thread.

To all those that have been mistaken: Having a sex change does not mean that men are able to have babies. [i]THIS[/i] kind of sex change is purely for the creation of a penis for the females and vaginas for men. For a man to be able to have a baby, they would also have to have ovaries implanted, along with a whole bunch of other tubing. Plus a uteris and the chemical signals that order cells to do this and that. It is virtually impossible at this point in time for a [b]man[/b] to have a child produced by organs in his own body. Also with women, for them to create semen and spermcells they would have to get testicles sewn on and hooked up. Not to mention the signals to order all that stuff around.

My opinion on this subject is that if someone wants to spend the money on something like this, which is quite a lot I assume, let them. They're making somebody really rich and they're getting what they think they want, so truthfully I don't see anything wrong with it.

I think it seems to be more of a fad than anything. It'll die out eventually and if it doesn't, oh well.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue] In a way, a person who changes sexes denies themselves because they follow what society is telling them. "If you act this way, you must look like this..." Which is crazy.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think that is a great thought, and it definitely raises other issues having to do with the whole sex change conglomerate.

Unlike most people it seems, I personally don't find the thought of sex changes disturbing. I am a firm believer in people being allowed to do what they want to their own bodies within the boundaries of the law.

What I do find [i]sad[/i], however, is that some people really do feel as though they should have been born as the opposite sex. I remember reading an article on it a long time ago, and it seemed like the magazine supported their decision to 'become' the opposite sex 100%. It's not the sex change idea that bothered me, but the idea that, at one point, these people got insanely confused by either psychological trauma or...simply by chance?

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not the procedure that rubs me the wrong way, but the entire psychological idea behind it. It just seems to me that, at one point in their lives, these people who feel they should be the opposite gender suddenly went completely [psychologically] astray. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]And so a sex change is the answer?[/b][/quote]

[color=#707875]Did I [i]say[/i] that a sex change is the answer?[/color][quote][b]

I honestly think these people should try to get some kind of mental therapy as opposed to just changing their sex.[/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]That's fine...and that's your opinion. I don't have an opinion, really, because I am not in that position. I [i]don't[/i] know how traumatic it is to "feel" like a woman but have a man's body.

I can only imagine that it must feel awful. I'm not using that statement to say that anything is right or wrong...because I am not in that situation and I don't know enough about it. However, I'm not going to tell a transgendered person that they're wrong or whatever -- it's their choice. I don't have any right to interfere with that.[/color][quote][b]

After all, what differentiates the genders? At the most basic level, just our reproductive organs. But other than that, scientific research has shown that men and women think differently (surprise surprise) when it comes to many things. We just watched a video on this in psychology.[/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]Of course. You have in a sense answered your own question.

The idea is that someone has a "woman's brain" (or personality or whatever...even though I know that everyone has an individual personality).

So, yes. Sexuality does come down to more than your body -- a lot more. But I guess if you feel that your body is wrong...or you are unhappy with it...it's your choice whether you change it or not. [/color][quote][b]

And yet while watching it, I noticed there were some areas that I think I fall more into the "female" side... does that mean I was born into the wrong body? Of course not. There's no "100% female" or "100% male" out there. It's not like men and women have preset minds. I was born male, that's clearly how God/nature (whichever you prefer) intended it.[/quote][/b]

[color=#707875]Exactly. You were born a male. But again...I don't see the point of all this. My answer is simply "so what?"

This doesn't mean that transgendered people don't have legitimate concerns and shouldn't necessarily change their sex. It's up to them.[/color][quote][b]

If someone truly believes they were born in the "wrong" body, then I think there's psychological issues here. Changing your genitalia doesn't change who you are. Rather than getting some operation, they should find out why they've been led to believe they have the wrong body in the first place. And I bet, upon really figuring things out, they will realize what's going on with them. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Again, that's your opinion.

I'm not saying that you are wrong. Obviously, if someone feels very strongly that their gender is [i]wrong[/i], there is something deeper going on there.

But at the moment, and as far as I know, there isn't a particular way to define this problem. What I mean is...there is no way to actually solve the psychological issues surrounding this. I'm sure that if there were, transgendered people would jump at the chance.

Afterall, you must feel damn uncomfortable to want to actually change your gender. Think of how strong those feelings must actually be.

As I said, I'm not advocating anything. I'm only saying that, as with many things, I don't have the right to tell someone that what they're doing to their own body is wrong or right. It's up to them and as long as it doesn't harm anyone else, I don't feel that it's my place to interrupt them or degrade them.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue]
In a way, a person who changes sexes denies themselves because they follow what society is telling them. "If you act this way, you must look like this..." Which is crazy.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Wonderful point.

But then again, I don't think it's all about that. I think most often, these people actually want to know what it feels like to be the opposite sex as much as they can. This includes being subjectified in society. They enjoy being viewed how they think they should be viewed.

It's like wearing a band t-shirt, or such; or an entire body suit, one that disguises you. Some will not even notice. And people enjoy this, since they are treated and fully seen for what they think they are.

I am assuming, but putting myself in that thought process, this is what I'd be led to believe.

It's like a masochist. They enjoy pain, yet act like it hurts, and like being seen as helpless and to be given help.

It's like a wicked crutch. It's superifically becoming more, at least to those who do it.[/size]