OtakuBoards

Michael Jackson

Purple Haze

I know everyone here has to heard about Michael Jackson getting arrested for child molesting. I mean will they ever leave him alone. First about his skin, then him hanging his child over the bannister. he might be a little weird but damn.

And do you guys really thing he did somethin to that kid .

So are you saying if it was you or someone in your family you would posibly, and I mean possibly, keep these views. Honestly he deserves wht happens to him if he did it. I think that the possibility is there for him to have done it. What I mean is, h named his house after a fictional place from a Disney movie. Anyway answer me this, would you say the same thing if hedid something like this to someone you know or in your family?

Guest cloricus
Every one can be criticised and be investigated if they are perceived to be doing something that is extremely wrong, that?s what the legal system is for. Though blowing it up the way the media has considering the low level of evidence is a bit iffy, I certainly criticise it as it could affect his ability to a fair trial.

As for if I believe it I'm not to sure and I think that?s up the courts to decide but you must remember, he loves working with kids and he (from what I can tell) does a service by brightening kids who are in bad positions day. Now the fact that he has a lot of money can make some very not nice people making up things which in his case is very easy because of this equation.
Money + Kids + Mental Problems = Easy Money.

If he is innocent I hope he is allowed to continue what he does because it seems to make people happy while if it proves that he did do what he is accused of I believe he should go to jail and be banned from working with children.

[added]

Tom222666 go to [url]http://www.dictionary.com[/url] and look up "sarcasm" for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

I think that Jackson should have been arrested the FIRST time this happened. And this may be a little off subject, but I just gotta say it....

the guy is a [spoiler]fucker[/spoiler], and deserves to be put in prison for the rest of his mislead life. I mean, first he makes himself look like a girl, not to mention turned himself white (and for all you people who believe it's a skin condition, it's a fact that that condition happens in blotches and big spots... not all over) and then he starts molesting kids.. honestly, he was cool once, but now he's just a [spoiler]***[/spoiler]

and mods, don't even [I]dare[/I] to get ticked at me for this. He deserves it man.

[color=royalblue]*coughs modestly* Obviously FirePheonix you have no idea who the moderators really are. But anyways....I shall be candid.

Michael Jackson can do what he wants, obviously. And we can rant all we like, but it won't change a damned thing. His lawyer is the same one that got Wynona Rider off...... ...so there's a pretty good chance he'll get out of this too. A few million paid to the right people and he's home free.

His skin color doesn't really apply to this situation now...does it?[/color]

[size=1]I stand by him saying innocent until they can actually prove him guilty. They have no hard evidence that he has actually molested any children. It is also rather suspicious that any time he releases a new project, album, or single the media pulls out another allegation on him for something. He has gotten more headlines for his "odd" behavior and alleged actions than he has with his music career.

Back in 1993, when the first big scandal with a child molestation came up, the family of the child actually accepted a settlement of several million dollars, reportedly. How odd is it that he was not put away at this time? Why did the family not actually continue the case and want to see him put to justice? You would think that the safety of their own son, as well as other children, would transcend the amount of money he could settle for. Obviously this was not all that big of a deal to the family.

This time it is a bit different, for the family is allegedly suing for justice and not profit. All the evidence they really have this time is that the child had "confessed" some things to a psychotherapist. The boy had a previous firendship with Michael for about three years, but at school he was constantly made fun of by his peers for associating with him. So he went to a psychotherapist where at one point he claimed that on 2 occasions Michael had given him sleeping pills and wine at some point. However, we still do not know the circumstances in which they were offered. The wine thing is a bit more understandable, but only on the account that the child is under age.

Jackson has always loved working with kids. If you have ever seen his 1988 movie [i]Moonwalker[/i], consisting of 8 different audio-visual segments, this would be rather apparent in the fact that the two biggest productions in that contain child as a main element. In one segment it is pretty much nothing [i]but[/i] the children and no Jackson.

He is just an easy target because of his different behavior and skin disease - which by the way does not always occur in patches, just most often. He said it himself that he has it. I would not really know why one would lie about being diseased.

What I find most sad about this whole deal is that his record sales have been dwindling ever since 1993. As if his actions affect who he is as a musician. Given, I am not too much of a fan of his newer stuff, but when he gets such headlines in the news it usually has the opposite effect on me and I begin listening to his music more just to kind of regress to my childhood; back when he was still "socially acceptable." It is good to see, from reading articles, that some of his fans still believe in him and support him, but I am a bit dissappointed at those who have turned away just because of a couple unfounded accusations.[/size]

Michael Jackson IS and ALWAYS will be an easy target. He has a mental disorder, he hangs around with children all day, and he's a rich white-black guy.

Rich people are easy targets when their entire life is made public. Do I think that Michael Jackson did it? Yeah, I don't think it was sexual, but something happened. I don't think Michael Jackson intended to do anything wrong though. I think his intentions were only good.

The thing is, everyone thinks michael jackson is weird because thats how the cmareas make him look, so the press can get money and all. They only talk about his bad sides and mistakes, something all of us have.
Look, he changed his skin colour because some idiot called him UGLY right infront of his face and him, young and insulted/sad, changed his image. Im telling you, peer pressure (well not really) and stuff, people can get to others feelings.

He is not weird, he likes to hang around with children, so what?
I dont know much about him molesting a kid, and if he did and there is proof (because the kid could had just said it so the laws can sue him and the family can get millions), then ok he is out there, but geez if theres no proof like a video tape, or the kid showing actual marks or whatever, then leave the dude alone.

If you want to talk about someone, why don't you go over and talk about R.Kelly for once...did everyone forget him?
Poor mike, 40+ years old and still being bullied by people.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tom222666 [/i]
[B]What I mean is, h named his house after a fictional place from a Disney movie.[/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]Peter Pan was a stage play long before it became a movie. In fact, one tradition from the stage play managed to live on in the feature: the man who plays Mr. Darling is also Captain Hook.

People like you should be ashamed for jumping to conclusions without thoroughly researching a topic. Aside from Dumbo, [i]none[/i] of the early Disney features were based on an original story. If you would just look at the broader picture, things would be so much easier for you to understand.

-Shy[/size]

Even taking the play into account (I believe there was also a story), that whole argument is ridiculous. He named his themepark Neverland??? What!? That man cannot be trusted at all!!! He cannot seperate fantasy from reality!!! What a freak!

Give me a break. That's one of the dumbest supporting reasons to think he did anything that I've ever heard in my life.

In any case, based on what I know about Jackson... I don't feel that he did it. The guy was abused emotionally as a child. Taking into account some of the things his dad said to him, many explain a lot of the strange things the guy has done to himself voer the years. I'm not saying they're "normal", but I understand his motivations.

The guy also lost his childhood. That's the reason why Peter Pan is literally all over his themepark/home. Peter Pan never grew up. He totally personifies childhood. It doesn't say one thing about the rest of his personality whatsoever. I also think this is part of the reason why he surrounds himself with children and other items people associate with youth.

I don't really think he did it to be honest. A lot of what's going on seems really bizarre, especially from the family's angle. Who knows what happened though.

Edit - You know, if I had enough money to afford my own theme park... I'd probably fill it with goofy cartoon characters too. Watch out, I might become a child molester.

Guest cloricus
As far as I know his skin condition is, as some one said, only small little blotches, though at the time it was considered one of the worst disseise that a black person could get and we aren't talking a few patches here this is all over you're body. So if most of you're skins white what would you do? Be a pokadot person or just accept it and make use of you're money and technology and change it to all white. On this point I wouldn't criticise him or any one else afflicted with this.

I think the media shoulg go shove itself. No, really.

If it was just a normal person, than there would be [i]one[/i] two minute article on the news. Or less.

However, because he is a celebrity and easy target, he is blown up to gigantic proportions. There isn't really much evidence, and everyone knows that shrinks will make anyone get confused [:p]. Hah.

If he did it, he should go to jail. If he didn't, than this should never have happened. His skin colour, Neverland... who cares?

Neverland... a children's fantasy, a themepark, named after a Fantasy land. A dream... what is so amazing about it?

It symbolises childhood and dreams. Sure, he is eccentric, maybe too close to children. But that alone shouldn't make him a media target.

If he molested a child... then he should be sent to jail to rot. That is sick.

If he didn't... well. It would be a good mark to counter all the bad one's others have scored off him.

I call this entire thing hype. He has a new CD coming out and people are going to buy it because they want to hear if he mentions little boys in it. Something like this happens every time he is about to drop a CD. Michael Jackson is like one of those little kids who wants your attention all the time; you try to annoy them until they become unbearable and you just have to give it to them. I try to hate him so much but I must admit that he is a great enterainer and has some really good songs.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hells Fire [/i]
[B]I call this entire thing hype. He has a new CD coming out and people are going to buy it because they want to hear if he mentions little boys in it. [/B][/QUOTE]

I've never heard anyone tell me they wanted to listen to one of his CDs for this reason in my entire life. Judging from the sales of Invincible, I doubt it has any effect at all.

Who would be behind it anyway? I severely doubt the police even care how well his CDs do. I also severely doubt anyone involved with Jackson wants to tarnish his poor reputation even more... especially considering that they keep harping on the "You're doing this so close to my CD's release to make it sell badly!" angle.

Guest cloricus
And the 4.2 million (aud or usd?) bail, if this was fraud he would loss that and he would be arrested on a number of laws though I'm not sure if you have them in America(?) but over here you would be arrested with a massive case of wasting police, courts and investigators time plus large fines.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I thought I would just point this out since it hasn't been mentioned yet.

In psychology a while back, we talked about whether or not children's testimonies could be trusted in court. Research shows that children sometimes make up stories about what happened to them, based on exactly how the questioner puts the questions forth. I wish I had my book with me, but here's a case we talked about:

A woman who taught preschool was arrested for child molestation. The children testified that she danced on her desk naked, took their clothes off as well, spread peanut butter on their genitals and then licked it off. Now granted, this is all going on during the busiest hours of school when anyone could walk by and look in on her.

Later, she was let off because the stories weren't true. But it's a highly controversial thing right now to believe child testimonies.

So therefore, I think he's innocent. Maybe the kid's parents put this story in his head and he actually began to believe it. Later on if I have a chance, I'll read up on this again and post a more accurate post.

By the way, I enjoy Michael Jackson's music. He's an amazing dancer and he's very talented. And this is ludacris:[/color][/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by FirePhoenix[/i]
[b]the guy is a fucker, and deserves to be put in prison for the rest of his mislead life. I mean, first he makes himself look like a girl, not to mention turned himself white (and for all you people who believe it's a skin condition, it's a fact that that condition happens in blotches and big spots... not all over) and then he starts molesting kids.. honestly, he was cool once, but now he's just a ***[/b][/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]What does looking like a girl and having a skin disease have to do with whether he molested a child or not? That just sounds like prejudice to me.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]Peter Pan was a stage play long before it became a movie. In fact, one tradition from the stage play managed to live on in the feature: the man who plays Mr. Darling is also Captain Hook.
-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Dont forget the Book by JM Barrie, he came up with it

I don`t think Micheal Jackson did anything at all, however if he was charged with this kind of thing before, why would parents leave their children with him anyway? Before they start calling Micheal Jackson weird, they should check out the parents. Honstly if some one was a molester or was thought to be a molester would you leave your child with them?

Anyway I think that Micheal Jackson is innocent and people should leave him alone and let him be weird. The family probably just wants money out of Micheal to help their son/the victom, since he has cancer.

However there can be the slight chance that the boy is telling the truth, sice he is 12, but then again 12 year olds lie.

This same thing happened in 1993, and they settled out of
Court.

I don't know why Jackson has put himself in this position yet again, but I don't think he means anybody harm. Sure, he is a bit freakish, especially with some of the things he has done, amd I don't think Jackson truly comprehends how his actions and his thinking are getting him in trouble like this.

It's liek this, he has sleepover parties with children, and I think that this is because, due to his success int he Jackson Five, Jackson had a pretty rough childhood, all he wanted to do was play with other children, but all he was doing was recording music.

It's like he is making up for lost time, in a freakish way no doubt, but he is seen with children, at his house sleeping in the same room (isn't that how kids sleep over at other kids places?), and people immediately think, OMG paedophile!

How sad.

How sad none of it has been proven, how sad it is, that people are so keen to get on a witch hunt.

Until proven otherwise, I say he is innocent.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinji Ikari [/i]
[B]It's liek this, he has sleepover parties with children, and I think that this is because, due to his success int he Jackson Five, Jackson had a pretty rough childhood, all he wanted to do was play with other children, but all he was doing was recording music.

It's like he is making up for lost time, in a freakish way no doubt, but he is seen with children, at his house sleeping in the same room (isn't that how kids sleep over at other kids places?), and people immediately think, OMG paedophile![/B][/QUOTE][size=1]I read in an interview that when Jackson had kids in his bed and such, all they would do is just eat cookies and drink milk; there was nothing sexual going on at all. So really, I can see nothing wrong with that. Even if they slept in the same bed, I still see nothing wrong. It just gives people a sense of security to be with another person. Just think of how many times you may have crawled into your parents' bed in the middle of the night because were or scared of a storm or something. It is the same concept. If it were my kid, I would rather have him or her feel safe than be scared sleeping by him/herself.

On another note, his family is beginning to be reported and have some interesting things to say. I thought I would post such an interview here, from ABCNews.com:[quote]"If you handcuff my brother you handcuff the whole family," Jermaine told ABCNEWS' Barbara Walters in an exclusive interview airing tonight on 20/20.

Michael Jackson, 45, surrendered Thursday to authorities in Santa Barbara County, Calif., where he was booked on allegations he molested a 12-year-old boy. He is scheduled to be arraigned Jan. 9.

The arrest warrant against the singer alleges multiple violations of a law prohibiting lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14. Such a crime is punishable by three to eight years in prison.

"It's a big fat lie," his brother Jermaine, 48, told Walters.

Speaking to Walters from Las Vegas, Jermaine condemned the Santa Barbara District Attorney's Office, saying the case is nothing more than "a personal vendetta" against Michael.

He accused prosecutors of making light of the case. "They made a joke of it in their press conference. ? It's very disturbing," he said, adding, "I'm requesting an investigation of the investigators."

Jermaine also said he feels the pursuit of his brother is racially motivated. "They're a bunch of racist rednecks out there who don't care about people," he told Walters.

"He's not a criminal. They didn't have to send 70 people into his home," Jermaine said. About 70 police officers searched Michael's Neverland Ranch for several hours on Tuesday.

Jermaine said he is confident investigators found nothing incriminating in their search of his brother's sprawling ranch. "I'm not afraid of what they took out," he said, "I'm afraid of what they put in."

[b]?This Is Extortion?[/b]

Michael Jackson faced similar allegations made in 1993, when a 13-year-old boy alleged he had been molested by the pop superstar.

The entertainer was never charged. He settled a civil suit filed by the boy's family for a reported $15 million. Jermaine Jackson said his brother was innocent of those accusations as well, but simply chose not to fight because of business and family obligations.

Jermaine said both the current and 1993 allegations were unfounded and were motivated by money. "This is extortion ? the second time around," he told Walters.

This time around, Jermaine said, the family will do everything necessary to fight the charges and clear Michael's name.

"We're ready for war," he said. "We're going to get together with our generals, our troops, and our people and we're going to mobilize and fight."[/quote][/size]

I thought the 70+ officers were a little excessive. I mean, what did they think? Michael was gonna turn into a rocket or force everyone in the room to dance to "Smooth Criminal"? Then the media proceeded to say Jackson was on the lamb, with him and his children missing. The next day, they found out he was in Las Vegas shooting a video. Good to know some news sources don't do anything stupid, like jump to conclusions or put a spectacular spin on an otherwise dull case of somebody stepping out of the house. Or in Jackson's case, stepping out of the ranch.

I'm with QA. The child's testimony is questionable. If enough kids at school accuse you of doing sexual acts with Michael Jackson, and you hear stuff about that kind of stuff all the time in news and comedic/satirical entertainment, then you'll probably force yourself to take even the smallest thing out of context. Did Michael Jackson sneak you a shot-glass of merlot just for fun, or did he spike the punch with Russian vodka to get you hammered? Did he give you drowsy cold tablets, or did he slip you a mickey?

Jackson may not be the most "normal" person on Earth, but a changed skin color, plastic surgery, and a theme park based around a children's story book in no way prove that he molested a child. There's nothing illegal about getting plastic surgery. There's nothing illegal about coloring your skin to cover up a skin condition. There's nothing illegal about owning a ranch named after a fictional location in a storybook. It's all a bit weird, but it's no reason to lock anyone up in jail.

By the way, Baron, the average television newscast gives each story an average of 30-90 seconds of continuous coverage before moving on to the next headline. I say "headline" because watching the 6 o'clock news is like reading the headines and first three sentences of 1/4 of a newspaper. The average news show totals up to 3 columns in a newspaper. The exceptions would be all-news cable channels, like CNN and Fox News, who will sometimes dedicate a full hour to one news story.
And they laughed when I told them I was majoring in Broadcasting.

Back on topic, I don't think Michael Jackson did it. I won't be convinced otherwise until he's actually convicted and sent away (or in his case, given a restraining order and put on probation). Innocent until proven guilty, you know.