• Ikari Shinji/Soryu Asuka Langley
    • Ikari Shinji/Ayanami Rei
    • Ikari Yui/Ikari Gendo
    • Suzuhara Touji/Horaki Hikari
    • Katsuragi Misato/Kaji Ryoji
    • Ikari Gendo/Ritsuko Akagi
    • Ikari Shinji/Nagisa Kaworu

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Daz [/i]
[B]i want to see the episode where unit 01 turns all weird and its armour breaks off but i want to kno which episode thatr is so i can either buy it or download it so if anyone knows pm me [/B][/QUOTE]

Is that the one where the Eva's "true form" is revealed? (Where Unit-01 is more animal than anything else) That was a creepy episode. Can't say I liked that one too much.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[size=1][color=seagreen][i]How can ya not like that ep :therock:

Its got one of the best angels(if not the best) zeruel. Its great just watching[/i][/color][/size] [spoiler]Asukas frustration as she shoots about a couple tons of ammo into this thing and it doesnt even flinch...Then slices her eva into pieces. And the battle between unit 01 and zeruel is truely bone crunching. When unit 01 goes beserk...ohhh sends shivers up my spine[/spoiler][size=1][color=seagreen][i]...Gotta love it :devil:

Does anyone know what kinda extra scenes or what not are on the directors cut dvds? I know theres like a scene where asukas starts undressing for kaji and something else...Just wondering if there worth buying :naughty:[/i][/color][/size]

Technically, Zeruel IS the best angel in terms of combat... the arms of god so one would assume he is the strongest -_-. But I still prefer Israfel's battle scene cuz the music and the battle goign on was funny :)

Actually, I think its interesting that the manga and the anime has a bit of a different story line. And besides, who would buy the manga if its just a repetition of the anime? Its good to throw in a few changes here and there. I personally like all the little nid bits and extra little info they provide thats not revealed in the anime. Kaji had a pretty sad story too T_T. Right now, the manga is after the defeat of Zeruel and the awakening of Tabris, and the death of Kaji.

Nah... u c the gun, and the shadow and everything... but from the dialogue that goes on, i don't think it had anything to do with NERV. After Fuyuzuki is returned, Gendou asks what happened to the 'criminal' and the agent replies that he cannot be found. I'm guessing its someone from SEELE. The shadow didn't look familiar -_-

• 2 weeks later...
[b][size=1]
Basically, on Monday I was given the whole Evangelion series plus End of Evangelion (all subbed) on VCD. Last night, I finished up watching it all, and then I just felt like fainting.

Up until the 23rd-ish episode, I thought I undertood everything. And then as they did the [color=white]mind interview things[/color] to each character and explained the [color=white]Human Instrumentation Project[/color], it almost threw me off again. But then Episode 26 came to a finish that more or less made sense to my simple mind again.

And then I watched End of Evangelion..

My Questions (highlight to read..possible spoilers):
[color=white]So how exactly did the Second Impact happen?
Was Rei created from Lilith?
What was the aim of the Angels then?
What exactly happened at the end of the movie?[/color]

[/b]I'd appreciate it if someone answered those questions in detail for me. And um.. I might have some more questions, lol. I'll post again if I can remember..

EDIT: Highlight gaps to read possible spoilers =)[/size]

[color=indigo]I am merging this into the existing Eva thread...mainly because you are asking general Eva questions
~HC, your friendly neighborhood mod[/color]

Heh...I know how you feel. Sadly, I can't explain it to you, even though I do get it now. However, I can lead you to the sites that explained things for me.
[URL=http://www.bfx-net.com/evafaqs/evafaqsmain.html]Ikari Gendo's Ultimate Eva FAQs[/URL]
[URL=http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Fuji/3082/frame.html]The Eva Sage[/URL]
[URL=http://www2.arune.com:1081/eva/]Embrace Eva[/URL]
After that, if you have any more questions, just PM me, and I'll be happy to explain/voice my opinion on something. ^_^

You really won't find 'The' answer for Evangelion. Everyone interprets differently, and we all have our different answers. Anyway, here are my answers...

[spoiler]
1) The second impact happened because humankind tried to contain Adam into an embryo form. Adam was effectively contained, but at the sacrifice of half of the world's population. However, SEELE was willing to take that risk since Gendo knew it was going to happen and left Antarctica the day before. How they contained Adam is a mystery.

2) Rei is a clone of Yui Ikari, imbued with the soul of Lilith. Many people have their own views on this and its debatable -_-

3) The aim of the angels? First of all, angels were the 'other' possibility of humankind. While we chose the fruit of wisdom, they chose the fruit of life. We have technology, they have seemingly godly strength and vitality. Since they were immortal, they only had one of themselves. Each of the angels are related to humankind and thus related to each other, but they were each alone in their own respective... 'species' if you will. They are lonely. They want to steer the course of evolution, they want to take control of the third impact. Human beings chose the fruit of wisdom and they are not immortal, but they can reproduce. Angels can't because they are immortal and do not need to. Therefore, I think they want to create more of themselves by steering the course of evolution by controlling the Third Impact.

4) What happened at the end of EoE? The Third Impact happened. However, the course of the third impact was given to Shinji because Rei chose him over Gendo. He rejected the Human Instrumentality, one big entity composed of all the human souls, assembled to fill each other's void. He felt that the pain, the anguish, the anger he felt through his encounter with each of the characters in Evangelion was real. He realized that the Human Instrumentality was nothing more than denying reality. Therefore, he rejected Human Instrumentality, and effectively, human history has restarted. [/spoiler]

My suggestion to you is to watch Evangelion a couple of times... you definitely will NOT get it on one sitting.

Ahhh, just watched the series again. So damn good. :)

Well, my most urgent question pertains to Evangelion music. Whereas most of the music has been found on this website, there is one particular one that it is missing. In it, there is a cello (I assume) playing a very sad tune. I can remember it being played vividly in the scene where Shinji and Misato first see the Rei clones in the chamber. The music is played in the background. Is there anywhere that I can download it from?

What is the beaker filled with water in Rei's room for? I've read somewhere that assumes that it is a representation of Rei's soul.

Is it called Central Dogma or Terminal Dogma? I can't get that straight. :P

Why does Kaji tell Misato that the being in Termial/Central Dogma is Adam, when he knows for sure that it isn't? He did deliver Adam to Gendo personally in embryo form.

There is a scene where all the pilots are testing naked. I'm confused to what the heck they were testing in. There seemed to be Evangelions that were without armor floating in the water, but they can't be the original Evangelions, since Nerv wouldn't want to risk taking off the restraints that bind the Evangelions to them. They also can't be pure simulations, as Israfel (I think that's the angel name) did start infecting the things. And if they were other Evangelions, then Nerv would probably put armor on them and use them. I doubt that they are dead Evangelions, cause then you can't synchronize with them. So what the heck are those?

And now for a quick comment about the series after watching it again. It seems that the beginning is awkward, then it gets funny, then it goes serious and depressing. I only wish that the series would keep a more steady mood throughout.

Thats all I can think of after finishing it again. There are probably tons more that I can think of later. :P Thanks. :)

[color=indigo]There are several Eva threads active in the Anime Lounge. Please pick one and post your question there.

Thanks

~HC, your friendly neighborhood mod[/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Hey, I just merged your thread with the current Eva thread that it was most applicable to. Hope this helps. ^_^ *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest AlexNR
***SPOILER WARNINGS FOR THE WHOLE SERIES***

[b]Metatron:

You really won't find 'The' answer for Evangelion. Everyone interprets differently, and we all have our different answers. Anyway, here are my answers...[/b]

While there are lots of unanswered questions in Eva, there are still quite a few facts, most of which are detailed in the supplemental material (cards, program books, etc.).

[b]2) Rei is a clone of Yui Ikari, imbued with the soul of Lilith. Many people have their own views on this and its debatable -_-[/b]

You are correct, but it's not debateable.

[quote]
[i]From the End of Evangelion Theatrical Program[/i]
[Rei Ayanami]
The First Children, and dedicated pilot of Eva-00. A young girl who apparently lacks emotions. [b]Her body was created from the salvaged remains of Yui Ikari after Yui was taken into the Eva,[/b] and numerous Rei clones were then prepared in Terminal Dogma so that when one Rei dies she can be replaced by another. The present Rei is the third. The first was killed by Dr. Naoko Akagi, and the second died in battle against the 16th Angel. [b]Although the personalities of these three Rei differ from one another, this is due to environmental factors. Their soul is one and the same, and it appears to have been that of Lilith.[/b] At the final stage of the Instrumentality Project, Rei betrayed Gendou, returned to Lilith of her own judgment and entrusted the future to Gendou's son -- Shinji Ikari. Birth date: unknown[/quote]

It is stated in the EoE Theatrical Program that Rei was made from the salvaged remains of Yui, and has Lilith's soul.

way to use spoiler tags....luckily I've seen the whole series.

I absolutely loved this series, and it was my first anime ever. It completely freaked me out- I loved it. Thus, since this was my first series, I judge all others (subconciously) against its awsomeness. Luckily most anime has a great magnitude of "awe" to it.

Guest AlexNR
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SUBVERSIVE [/i]
[B]way to use spoiler tags....luckily I've seen the whole series.[/B][/QUOTE]

If someone who hasen't seen Eva is going to come into this six paged Eva thread and get something spoiled, that's their problem, not mine.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AlexNR [/i]
[B]If someone who hasen't seen Eva is going to come into this six paged Eva thread and get something spoiled, that's their problem, not mine. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]No, it is your problem. It is your responsibility as a member to post spoilers using the spoiler tag. Just imagine a moderator who HAS to go through all the threads and might not have seen it. I would be mad. Just like I was when Trigun was ruined for me. So please, be respectful, and just use the spoiler tags. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

To add to this whole questions thread, I have another question that has to do more with speculation than anything else. Evangelions are fighting angels. The 4 Evangelions each represent the [spoiler]Baron's of Hell; 01 for great gnashing teeth and a single horn, 02 for blood red body, 2 jaws, and 4 eyes, 03 for its pitch-black body and unnaturally long arms, and 00 for its expressionless face with a single glaring eye. [/spoiler] Now, how do you guys interpret that?

Srry bout spoiling [spoiler] wolfwood's death [/spoiler] QA -_-

[color=hotpink][size=1]Is that your theory or is that seriously what they represent? I've never heard of those, but it's quite interesting when you think about it.

And don't worry about it. I'm going to see that eventually anyway. Heh...[/color][/size]

Definitely not my theory... here's an article from an Eva website...
[spoiler]ARE THE EVANGELION BASED ON THE BARONS OF HELL?

This question is one that takes fans completely by surprise. To many the evangelion represent the pinnacle of mans achievement in science and the perfect unstoppable combat weapon, to others its a 60 meter tall walking nightmare of uncontrolable temperment. Gainax truly unleashed a monster to the world when it created the concept of the evangelion and their AT-fields. The appearance of the evangelion are awe inspiring, although the evangelion are primarily for combat they are also full of symbolism. Many do not know that these designes were actually based upon the Barons of Hell.

Ritsuko Akagi describes the Evangelions as being "Something created by Man, in Man's own image", like man being created in god's own image. The Barons of Hell, are to explain literally are, the lords of hell. The Baron's of Hell were a legend of Christianity during the medieval times. It is said that one of them had "a single horn and great gnashing teeth (eva 01)", the second had "a blank, featureless face with a single glaring eye (eva 00)", the third was "the color of blood, with four eyes and two mouths (eva 02)", and the last "black as night, with unnaturally long arms and wicked teeth (eva 03)". No doubt these sound oddly familiar to the evangelion units.
[/spoiler]

Sorry again for the spoiling -_-
(Notice I'm using spoilers now :) )

Guest AlexNR
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]No, it is your problem. It is your responsibility as a member to post spoilers using the spoiler tag. Just imagine a moderator who HAS to go through all the threads and might not have seen it. I would be mad. Just like I was when Trigun was ruined for me. So please, be respectful, and just use the spoiler tags. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not being disrespectful. I even added a spoiler warning to my first post. If a moderator who hasn't finished Eva wants to go into an Eva thread that has had six pages of discussion, it's the moderator's (or any member's for that matter) own fault if they get it spoiled. Not mine. If a previous post has massive spoilers all over the place, then it's probably likely that mine will too, especially if I quote the author of that post.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful. I just believe that it's common sense to think "Hmm, there is a long thread about an anime that I have not finished. And there are spoiler tags all over the place. Perhaps I should leave and not look into the thread until I'm done with Eva.".

I'm sorry if I sound angry or harsh. Even if I think it's necessary or not though, I will begin adding spoiler warnings at the beginning of my posts if that is what needs to be done in this forum. :)

***SPOILER WARNING***

[b]Metatron:[/b]

The whole barons of hell bit is completely false. The Eva are not based on the barons of hell. Anno has stated that they are based on the Japanese oni (devil).

[quote]
[i]Anno at Anime Expo '96[/i]
[b]ANNO:[/b] There is a monster in Japan called the oni, which has two horns sticking out of its head, and the overall image of the EVA is based on that. I wanted also to have an image that beneath the image of that robot monster is a human. It's not really a robot, but a giant human, so it's different from other robot mecha such as those in Gundam.[/quote]