1. 1. Favorite Evangelion Couple?

• Ikari Shinji/Soryu Asuka Langley
    • Ikari Shinji/Ayanami Rei
    • Ikari Yui/Ikari Gendo
    • Suzuhara Touji/Horaki Hikari
    • Katsuragi Misato/Kaji Ryoji
    • Ikari Gendo/Ritsuko Akagi
    • Ikari Shinji/Nagisa Kaworu

[color=hotpink][size=1]You know, and somewhere I saw where someone said Eva sucked because there wasn't enough action and it was too emotional and psychological. I think that just means that they weren't mature enough to understand it and that it went way over their heads. But obviously, the series is a favorite of mine. ^_^[/color][/size]

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Evangelion is, needless to say, one of my absolute favorites. It can be anything you want it to be, on so many levels, that there is always something new to discover every time you watch it. It can be as deep as you want or as shallow as you want. It is truly an amazing series from all standpoints. The subplots are also just as engrossing as the main drag itself. My question is, has anybody checked out EVA-R? A man named Maher-Al Samarki has created another 20 some-odd episodes to tie onto the end of the story, which deal with the true cause of the second impact, the relationship between Shinji and Asuka, the relationship between Misato and Ritsuko, and the advent of the EVA-N, a synchro enhancing compliment to Rei's unit 00... I wont give anything away, but for devotees of the show, I found the script to be worth checking out. It has many good concepts within the episodes, but then, a few episodes are just kinda blah. So... Just thought you'd want to know! If you've read it, say something. Good, bad, I want to hear some opinions. Anyway, cool.

And by the way, I'll say it again, with an early morning wake up call from Fuyutsuki, some swigs of Sake, and some beretta clips, Major Misato would pound Faye's face into the ground. h4x0r.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AnimeAddict [/i]
[B]Mm, hmm. Just another note on that:

[spoiler] When Ritsuko (sp?) led Shinji and Misato into the core of NERV it showed millions of Reis. These are just empty shells used to pilot the Evas because they can just load the pilot's info. into her. She is actually the dummy plugs. [/spoiler]

Am I right? It's been awhile since I watched those episodes. It's really hard to explain Evangelion. :wigout: [/B][/QUOTE]
Ohh, of course of course, [spoiler]the dummy plug[/spoiler]. I hadn't seen it in a while, I'm sorry. ^_^ Boy, I look stupid...

the evangelion is truly a great seires, its as much deep as it is confusing, i have just finished watching it today, the 2 last episodes were good but they were a bit out of line, its just that they were so confusing (though i think i got them in the end) and watching it in japanese doesnt help alot. but i really enjoyed every minute of the series, the insight of every charcter life and thoughts as they were indeviduals made it more interesting, and being confused me me curius and eeger to watch more, from some reason shinjis story really got to me, rei really creeped me, though i missed a sense of humor in the series, misato-san is funny and the penguine is stupid and suzahara, but it wasnt, well not much funny. the action was quick and to the point, and the evas have their own "past" like shinji's it makes you curius, i liked all the show with no exception, the movies... the first one isnt that good its just the series all over again, and the second one is even more confusing the the show itself, but its a good movie.
for the ones who has missed the show on television, specially the important episodes, the is a dub version running in the internet (=kazaa) the quality is medium but its worth it just to hear the speakin but i advise to see the japanese (with subs that is) the subs go fast but if you can read fast, its sounds more reall (going back to the origins.)

That distinct sound you hear it in ever NGE episode. What is it? It sounds like a bird, to me. Hard to describe the sound. If you have seen NGE you should definatly know what I'm talking about. It always plays it in the mountains and wooded areas. If anyone knows what it is I would be greatful to you to share it with me. Thanks.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
O.o This is one of the weirded questions asked do you mean that sound that happens like in the moutains and grassy areas of the show during the silent scenes. If that's the case there not birds but actually Locus.

:) This is such a weird question...but well intriguing to say the least.

do you mean the buzzing sound??

It's this bug or something that come sout during the summer in Japan, and since after the 2nd impact Japan is now a tropical climate so that bug thing is out all the time...
i read that somewhere, I dunno if its really right though

Yeah the buzzing during the silent sences. I guess it could be a locus. I had always thought it was a bird. Sorry for not being clear, I didn't really know how to ask. I wish I could get a sound clip. Thinking about it, it makes more snice as a locus than a bird. I must be a weirdo. :wigout: Ah well, thanks Rick and FP.

• 2 weeks later...
ooh.. that line is about one of the most painful ones i hear.. pilot canidate/canidate for goddess pays *cough* homage to eva...remember seeing on adult swim that boy shinj...er zero/rei holding his breath in liquid and the people telling him to breathe.. where the people pilot eva/ingrids with those little hair clippie thingies, skin tight suits have become commonplace, so can't hold that too much against them, an kensuke aida twin, and i went to a site one time where under a picture of rei there was the caption "the girl from pilot canidate.. but anyway..

I've watched Evangelion numerous times, both the series and the ending movies, 'Death and Rebirth' and 'End of Evangelion'... I've watched many different animes from then on, but they all really don't seem that great cuz evangelion was too deep, too epic, too majestic. I've also read eva-r, but it kinda was weird because it kinda killed alot of the interpretations of evangelion I had prior to reading that. However, I will not deny that eva-r is a good continuation to evangelion... evangelion is truly complicating due to the many religious terms and many scientific terms that come up which throws you off when your trying to pursue the true meaning behind it... (Guf's chamber, Sea of Dirac, Angels, Adam, Lilith.. etc. Tree of Life, Dead Sea Scrolls) Oh... and that bug thing is a cicata... they are common in Japan during the summer... they are annoying as hell too...

I only have two questions left to ask aout Eva. Did SEELE already poses the Lance of Longinus when they went to Antartica, and did they try and use that to contain Adam? OR did they go to Antartica to make the Lance, and that was what awoke Adam (I lean towards the first, or else how was Adam stoped). My second question in, what the heck did Gendo say to Reitsko? I don't lip-read Japenese anime too well.

Well ill take a crack at those two...

Im not 100% sure of this one but i would believe that the lance would have been required to combat Adam. I know it wasnt 2nd idea because they didnt make the lance it always existed since christ's death (im assuming you know the backstory behind the lance)

As for the second one you cant read there lips. Its just animated mouth flaps. You cant actually "read" there lips. The only person that knows what gendo said is probly anno himself :D

Anno just put it in there as another "figure it out for yourself im not gonna do it for ya kinda thing"... :p

Well i hope i helped answer those for you with my limited knowledge :demon:

The lance was at Antarctica and SEELE went to reclaim it. In the manga, you see the huge ship Gendo and Fuyutsuki is on when they receive news of Sahaqiel being destroyed(when they are both *conveniently* at Antarctica) and you see the lance tied to the deck. And I really have no clue how they could have contained adam cuz even if they had the lance, how did they use it to combat a huge giant that rapidly regenerates? I don't think the lance was used that way. But then again, there are theories that Eva 01 was not created by man and existed beforehand, so maybe Eva 01? (then who was the pilot?) Also, I think that Gendo said... umm.. "Aishitetayo" which means, 'I loved you'. I think this kinda fits since right after that, Ritsuko smiles and says 'liar'. I dunno, I think its believable =P. Evangelion really,really messes with ur head tho -_-. Especially End of Eva and episode 25/6 in the series.

I always figgured SEELE brought the lance with them on the Katsuragai expedition. Im not sure the Christ tale holds water for the Eva series. Most of the religious motifs are Christian, but it is very butchered christianity, more Apocryphal than Bible. I always saw the lance as an extension of the Angels and that it was formed from the blood of a god (i.e. Adam).

yeah, he didn't really say any sounds in japanese either. hehe i wouldn't be able to help ya i suppose even if he did, rei's the only one i can understand completely, everyone else is too fast..ah bein a gaijin sucks... nice and slow, in plain form...another reason she's awesome..

But one would have to assume it is a lie, and something that was pleasing for Ritsuko to hear, since she smiled, and said 'liar' this leads me to believe he said 'i love u' or something of the sort.

• 2 weeks later...
i want to see the episode where unit 01 turns all weird and its armour breaks off but i want to kno which episode thatr is so i can either buy it or download it so if anyone knows pm me