• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Nerv-connection
thnx all

i just ordered both dvds (D&R and EoE), plus eva unit 2 (movie action figure)

yay =D

• 3 weeks later...
In watching the series "Neon Genesis Evangelion", there are numerous love-affairs encompassing the characters. Out of all these, I found myself attached to the couple Gendo Ikari/Yui Ikari because of Gendo's utter devotion to his wife. [spoiler] In the end of the series, we find out that the entire engineering of the Third Impact by Gendo was done for the sole reason of being reunited with his wife. [/spoiler] I think that is true love and true devotion, and thus I found them to be the best. Any thoughts on your favorite Evangelion couples?

I chose Asuka and Shinji becasue it had to be. [spoiler]there like Adam and Eve at the end of the thrid impact[/spoiler] and i know this and havn't even seen all of the sereis. I only saw the first episode. But i thank you for not putting any yoai/yuri couples. Thanks. I was getting tired of them. :rolleyes:

I quite liked the Shinji/Rei pairing myself (not least because those two are my favourite characters), but also [spoiler]in 'Tear', Rei sacrificed herself to save him, and I think that is almost the ultimate expression of love. She said she wanted 'to become one' with Ikari as well, although that may have been Gendo she was talking about o_o; I think it was Shinji, but I missed a good few episodes in the middle of the series, so I don't want to commit myself if there's a chance I could be wrong.[/spoiler] But she seemed to fit him much better than Asuka, in my view.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Metatron [/i]
[B]In watching the series "Neon Genesis Evangelion", there are numerous love-affairs encompassing the characters. Out of all these, I found myself attached to the couple Gendo Ikari/Yui Ikari because of Gendo's utter devotion to his wife. [spoiler] In the end of the series, we find out that the entire engineering of the Third Impact by Gendo was done for the sole reason of being reunited with his wife. [/spoiler] I think that is true love and true devotion, and thus I found them to be the best. Any thoughts on your favorite Evangelion couples? [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I agree whole-heartedly. I hated Gendo up until I saw End of Evangelion and realized his motives. They're so great a couple, and the fact that Gendo would do that is really sweet.
I don't really like Shinji/other Children couples that much. Rei doesn't really ahve that sort of connection with Shinji, in my opinion, and Asuka doesn't really like him at all([spoiler]Hell, when she sees him at the end of EoE, she literally says "How disgusting."[/spoiler])

I like Shiji and Kaworu!...........

No not really....But I haven't seen all of Evangelion,but I think Rei and Shinji are good together.They are like the same person....It is almost weird.

But Shinji and Kaworu would be ok with me......That would be kindda of a first.....But what do I know about anime.....:sign:

Well, you guys fail to see with the Rei/Shinji couple that [spoiler]Rei is pretty much Shinji's sister/mom because Rei has the soul and is the clone ofhis mom.[/spoiler] So thats kinda akward and complicated.

Correct me if I'm wrong... but doesn't Rei have [spoiler] lilith's soul?[/spoiler]. At any rate, the polls are turning out more or less the way I expected... but I thought Touji/Hikari and Kaji/Misato will be a bit more popular...

I wouldn't say it's because they're unpopular- heck, they add a great deal to the story, and I do love the interaction between Kaji and Misato. It's just that they're kind of... secondary, in relation to the other pairings, as it were. Only being able to vote on a poll once does restrict your options a bit, heh.

But anyway, I don't think Shinji/Rei would be that awkward. [spoiler]As I interpreted it, Rei bore the soul of the DummyPlug system, borne from Lillith. At least, I think that's right. But even if her soul was his mother's, it doesn't make her her, necessarily. Although judging by what happened in EoE, it wouldn't have worked out anyway. Maybe with the second Rei... [/spoiler]

[size=1] Hey...hey! GAINAX even had [b]offcial[/b] pictures supporting the Kaworu/Shinji pairing. ::sticks tongue out:: I really think Shinji and Kaworu would have made a great couple. Pushing aside the fact that it would be impossible now. Lol...

Shinji needed someone who could talk to him and give him company while not judging him, and Kaworu was the perfect person. :toothy: I think the scene when Kaworu and Shinji met is one of my most favorite [probably my favorite] anime scenes of all time.

But there's a lot of controversy on this. Shinji never gave the audience a feeling that he was gay, or even bisexual before he met Kaworu. He even sounded a bit offended when Kaji asked him to get drinks...I don't remeber exactly. Either Shinji loved Kaworu, or they had one of the strongest friendships I have ever seen.

I don't remeber what this is from, but at one point Asuka calls Kaworu a 'homo'. [it isn't in the series, but some special extra thingy in Japan, methinks] So I guess that made me happy. Lol

But my next favorite couple is Kaji/Misato. :P I love what happens between them...I love the angst. O_o I personally believe that [spoiler]Misato killed Kaji[/spoiler] in the series, so I guess it was a love/hate relationship? I dunno...

I don't think Shinji matches well with either Rei or Asuka. It wouldn't be possible for a Shinji/Rei couple after what happened in End of Evangelion. [thought I like this pairing more than Shinji/Asuka] I [i]know[/i] that [spoiler]Asuka and Shinji were the only ones left in the end[/spoiler], but that doesn't mean they're in love with each other. Asuka's personality is a bit damaging to Shinji's well-being....I really don't have a valid points, though.

I don't like the Gendo/Ritsuko pairing, althought I feel sorry for Ritsuko. She was one of my favorite characters, surprisingly. The Gendo/Yui pairing is a major one, but I don't the series gave us much insight into it. Even if Gendo [spoiler] risked the whole world to get Yui back, [/spoiler] he still has some serious issues to work out. The Toji/Hikari pairing is very tragic, and even though the series never tells you whether [spoiler] Toji actually dies, but he's probably going to be damaged for the rest of his life. But I really think he's dead.[/spoiler]

Well...that's my take on the subject. ::gets ready for shounen-ai defending::

EDIT: Vertigo, in EoE, some of the dubbing went wrong. In the very end, Asuka says "How disgusting" in the dubbing and subbing, but if more accurately translated, it would have come out something like, "This sucks."[/size]

Kaworu certainly did seem perfect for Shinji, but I think that was probably the point of the plot- the first person who he could ever open up to in such a way [spoiler]was an Angel[/spoiler].

Actually, in the English dub, [spoiler]Kaworu did say that he loved Shinji, although this may be due to him being an Angel and not properly appreciating the complexity of human emotion and speech, something like that. That was my take on it, anyway.[/spoiler] They would work together very well, I think, but like you said, it is somewhat impossible. [spoiler]Unless Shinji's into necrophilia o_o;[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I believe that Misato killed Kaji too, heh. I think they certainly had the most stable relationship in Eva, certainly in relation to some of the others, in which there's conflict, jealousy and deception. That was something nice about it, in my mind. There was always that affection there, more or less.[/spoiler]

A few rebuttals...

[spoiler] I don't think that Misato killed Kaji. She was locked up during the whole thing remember? Kaji was probably killed by SEELE's agents since he abducted Fuyutsuki for them, but allowed him to escape. [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Asuka was probably in love with SHinji, but with some demands. In EoE, theres one scene where she says "If you can't be mine completely, I don't want you." She probably liked him, but didn't want to share (Obviously...) [/spoiler]

[spoiler] Touji dies in the manga, but he survives in the anime. This is said in the series/manga. [/spoiler]

I won't say anything about Kaworu/Shinji but I just put down the straight couples. o_O Strangely enough, my favorite scene was when Shinji killed Kaworu lol :p

Sorry, but I've never seen the series. I'm so sheltered... *crys*
Anyway, I've heard enough of it to think that Asuka/Shinji or Rei/Shinji would be the best couples. I can't read the spoiler tags, so that makes it even HARDER to understand the show. But, still, I'll put my vote with Asuka/Shinji 'cuz arguing couples are normally the best. Simalar couples are kinda weird in anime, but what do I know?

~Laterzez!! :cross:~

• 1 month later...
Wait for the 24th re-release, where it will be "super mega digitally remastered alpha," with effects they were forced to leave out because they were just too amazing to be there before. Of course, you'll have Dolby Digital 12.4. ;) Let's not forget about the "top secret" director's cut version that couldn't be release due to sensitive information - oops, I've said too much...

Heh, I don't think I'm gonna get this..

I mean, I just spent $130 on the "Perfect Edition" boxset, and I am now flat broke, and now I have the series. I know the plot, I know the script, I know how it ends. Animation and voices aren't everything, you know. Plus I can just get the director's cut information from my dear friends Syk and Maladjusted. ~_^

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]geez $130 for the box set? You got robbed my friend :laugh:

Anywayz I own the box set too and I think id buy the rerelease disc...Just cause I wanna see the directors cut and im a sucker for anything eva related(and CB for that matter...)

I dont know if id buy an entire box set again though...maybe... :rolleyes: [/color][/font][/b]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Arkadyz [/i]
[B][color=silver][font=times new roman][b]geez $130 for the box set? You got robbed my friend :laugh:

Anywayz I own the box set too and I think id buy the rerelease disc...Just cause I wanna see the directors cut and im a sucker for anything eva related(and CB for that matter...)

I dont know if id buy an entire box set again though...maybe... :rolleyes: [/color][/font][/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

:-/ he got ripped off? Last I check the perfect collection goes for $150

• 1 month later...
elow before anything else im Azly im the one who posted the other stuff that you may have already read but due to some minor problems my account was some how deleted or corrupted or something like that but any ways >>>>>>

Neon genesis evangelion is the greatest anime for me because it has this mood that is different from the other anme its not bias in the way that the hero Shinji Ikari is not that strong and unbeatable and it s not all about beating the hell out of the bad guy it has this story for each character so i think thats what makes it realistic in some point of view