1. 1. Favorite Evangelion Couple?

• Ikari Shinji/Soryu Asuka Langley
    • Ikari Shinji/Ayanami Rei
    • Ikari Yui/Ikari Gendo
    • Suzuhara Touji/Horaki Hikari
    • Katsuragi Misato/Kaji Ryoji
    • Ikari Gendo/Ritsuko Akagi
    • Ikari Shinji/Nagisa Kaworu

The problem is I use the examples in Aura Battler Dunbine, the Five Star Stories and Brain Powerd but what kind of reply do I get? Do you honest have heard of the shows? Let's see the 3 examples of Gundams you are pointing out. 08th MS Team, Stardust Memories are side-stories and Gundam Wing is an alternative story. How much of UC Gundam can you get from those? Do you understand the real meaning of "newtype" by watch these three? BTW, what is the most original theme of Gundam? It is not about peace but human evolve into the next level in space as newtype. When they are newtypes, it is a better chance that they can understand each other in order to build a better world. That is the meaning of most UC Gundams and Mobile Suit Gundam to be the most obvious. It is not about making better mobile suits to kill off the enemies, but change human in order to make the world subtable for most human, not all. I think EVA is sharing this kind of meaning in the story. I think you have to learn about the meaning in Gundam stories before making the assumption that side stories and alternative represent the true meaning of Gundam. I highly recommand you to watch Mobile Suit Gundam(1979), Zeta Gundam(1985) and Victory Gundam(1993) before drawing the conclusion about Gundam. I honest don't think you understand why I choose MSG as an example because you have not watch it at all.

The "handful of people" you are pointing about are the fans who have follow the idea of giant robots in anime since Iron Man 28 made in 1963. I am happy to use Aura Battler Dunbine, Five Star stories and Brain Powerd as examples to explain why EVA is mecha but, unfortunately, that no one seens to care about them because they are not on American TV. I have 3 perfect examples and I have also mention shows like Patlabor and Magic Knight Rayearth. You really have to watch these shows in order to understand why I think EVA is mecha. I start to believe that EVA is not mecha in the US only because most American fans don't know anything about mecha in general.

As a summary, I think EVA is mecha because it is made as a mecha show. Biological mechas are made before and after EVA and they are seen as mechas in general. Mecha stories are not necessary all about mechas. There are some of the best human drama in mecha shows. Therefore, it is fine if EVA has deep human drama and it can still be a mecha show. Examples like Aura Battler, Five Star Stories and Brain Powerd prove mechas can be biological. Also, Mobile Suit Gundam and most UC Gundam, all mecha shows by Tomino in general, Macross and Patlabor are human drama as well. They are treat as mecha but their values lay in the impact of human minds. Those should be treat no different from EVA which follows the exact same trend. Fans nowaday seems to think mecha shows are no better than robots fighting each other. They have miss some of the best stories in the history of animation. Again, calling a show mecha when it has mechas in it is not an insult.

I think I am wasting time here as most people who read the post don't even know who Yoshiyuki Tomino is and how he revolutionize mecha in general. How about watch some show from him and we can discuss if EVA is mecha?

AzureWolf, I am not ignoring any post from you but I have already share my reasons to answer your post in an earlier post. Read again and you can find my position on the topic.

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=deeppink]
EVA Thread = Huge, Neverending Debate between Mal, Azure, and Qukey.

X_x;; * rubs her tired eyes * That was way too much squinting to read mal's font. (This is worse than the DBD wars...)

I'm not even going to get into all of this debate...I shall state my opinion and promptly run like hell. Because this is starting to scare me.

The only bit of of NGE I saw was EoE. Yes, I know, that is sad. But from what I've seen, the animation is certainly excellent, and I can see there's a lot more to these characters, and I'm sure there's pleanty of stories behind them that I simply haven't seen yet due to my lack of seeing the actual series. -.-"It's definitely one on the top of my 'to buy/borrow/steal' list.

I have a feeling it will end up in my 'top 10' favorites.

And that's my useless opinion! =D

[size=1] XD You saw EoE first? Ah...I wonder how I would feel if I did that.

I guess it confused you....it would confuse me if I didn't see the series first. If you liked the movie, then I guess you will probably enjoy the Evangelion series just as much. I think you can buy the whole set for $35 on ANIMEniacs.com. ^_~[/size]

Eeeeeeek, I'm with Karma on this one. State my opinion, and run.

I think NGE is a great, groundbreaking series, and deserves every bit of recognition it gets. But the best ever? No. Keep in mind that this is my opinion.

It was a bit too depressing for my tastes. I like an anime that will lighten the mood every once and a while, but Eva seemed to be on a constant moody downward spiral. That's precisely the reason I can't sit through Grave of the Fireflies. That raw kind of emotion actually hurts to watch.

Another thing, I didn't feel I could really relate to any character. Shinji, Rei, and Asuka seemed polar extremes of what teenagers are, and while some people could definately relate to what they were going through, I couldn't really make a connection with any of them. Except Kaworu. When I first met him, I really liked him and could relate to him. That changed :eek:

I couldn't give you an example of a perfect anime if I tried. I know all the ones I like are flawed. But maybe for people without my annoying little preferances when it comes to anime, NGE is about as close to perfect as you can get. I'll stick with my happier, more simple animes. For now.

OK, continue discussion, kids ;)

Having completely missed Evangelion and therefore waived any truly weighted opinion in this arguement, I think I'll refrain from fetching my mud and slingin' away. That said, I'd like to try and highlight a very large difference that I find between Gundam (and related) series and Evangelion.

Gundam series in particular usually focus on the interplay between humankind and technology. Yes, there are sentient decisions made by machinery, such as Sandrock letting its pilot escape before it self destructed, and the ZERO system itself is a tool that could arguably be deemed understanding of human nature. Yet those words--machine, tool-- imply that these are in essence simply objects, waiting for the manipulation of human heart, hands and mind, regardless of how good or evil the end result might be.

Evangelion, to the uninitaiated observer (who actually happens to be a Gundam fan of immense proportions), is far different. The Evangelions themselves can only be used by several emotionally bereft children, as opposed to a Gundam, which will move to the will of whomever may pilot it. In this way, Evangelion is less about questioning the motives of a pilot or mission or even human nature's tendency to perpetually attack and destroy its own kind, and purportedly more concerned with the interplay between humans, the Divine, and the hybrid of both, the human mind.

Frankly, from one fan to another, I'm not sure where you're coming from, Qukey. You seem bitter beyond all reason about the status of mecha anime compared to that of Evangelion (and extremely intent upon dragging poor Tomino-sama into this). Would it be too much to ask for all present to simply acknowledge that a)the definition of mecha isn't even the point, here; b) Evangelion is a series that defies genre, and so painstakingly in-depth comparisons to shows that adhere to genre will constantly be fruitless and pointless; and c) whether or not mecha is mecha or Evangelion is a mecha show or whatever it is will _always_ be left to the interpretation of the viewer. I don't think Evangelion is a mecha show, and I don't know if it's truly the best anime on the planet because it's practically incomparable to any other show (besides the fact that I haven't watched it). That's my interpretation, and though I could elaborate for hours, I think that's all that truly needed to be said.

(I know many of the examples used above are from Gundam Wing, which you seem to consider a 'side story', but they are the clearest I can provide offhand.)

I think my problem is that I have been a mecha fan for years, many many years and I can see too many similarities between EVA and many other mecha shows. Believe me, I have watch more Gundams than those on American TV and they are quite different from Gundam Wing. Gundam Wing is not true when using it to judge Gundam in general.

I still don't see how you can judge EVA has more emotion in order to call it non-mecha show because there are a lot of emotion in many mecha shows which you have never heard of. Please tell me how you define "mecha" and what your bases are? I don't see Zeta Gundam with the same power if it is piloted by someone other than Camille Viden, who is as emotional as Shinji in many way, who has also witnessed has parents' death, who is able to see death people and uses their power. Also, what about the other examples I gave? Remember Five Star Stories and Brain Powerd? Those mechas can select their pilots as well. Do you have an answer to those as well?

To answer your questions
a) Is the discussion still meaningful if we don't agree on the most simple thing? To define a gerne is not that difficult when it clearly shows characterists from the gerne.

b)Do you really think EVA defines a gerne where no other shows, especially mecha shows can compare to it? I would suggest you to watch some more mecha shows before making the comment.

c)Again, whether it is mecha or not is a fact, not opinion. I am just seriously wondering why someone think labelling a show mecha is a great insult when the show shares a lot of trends as the rest of the gerne? This is the thing I don't understand.

Gundam Wing is not a side story but an alternative show which are made for merchandise market. Gundam Wing is about pretty boys fighting to save the world in some cool mechas and it is not the meaning of Gundam at all. Gundam can be used as an example perfectly, but not Gundam Wing. If you have watch Mobile Suit Gundam, the first Gundam made in 1979, you can clear see the problem with Gundam Wing. There are a lot more and better shows than Gundam Wing. I am sure GW fans will not agree.

Tell me if Gundam is only about mecha:
In UC Gundam, a special type of human is used in the battlefield. They are called the "newtype". The idea of newtype is developed by Zeon Daikun, a leader of spacenoid. His thoery includes human evolution in space to newtype in order to enlight their senses of their surrounding. When becoming newtypes, people have power to understand others easily, so maybe it is a key to peace. In addition, when people moves to space, Earth is allowed to heal from the destruction of mankind. However, newtypes are used as super soldiers but almost all of them end in tragic. This is the main theme of UC Gundam and it is not about building the latest weapons or developing the latest technology. The most important elements lie in the human themselves, not the technologies. I feel kind of sad when people talking about EVA being non-mecha because mechas are about fighting. I don't think it is true as many mecha stories have very deep meaning, like EVA. Mecha has been look down as a gerne and it is the most misunderstood part of animation in North America. There are more than just mecha and technologies, there are a lot of human in those stories. If you are talking about EVA creating a gerne, then the gerne is created by Yoshiyuki Tomino who puts human into robot stories. If you don't believe me, you can find a show named Space Runaway Ideon by Tomino which possibly serve as the base of EVA.

The reason I have Tomino in the discussion is because the way he revolutionized mecha anime into something fit into the gerne created by EVA if there is a gerne at all. He put deep looks of human mind in his Gundam series. He put religion elements in mecha with his Space Runaway Ideon and he started using biological mechas in Aura Battler Dunbine. These are all characterists shared by EVA.

You watch lots 'n lots of Gundam? How lovely for you. This may give you far more basis for your opinions than my apparently more limited knowledge does, but I doubt it gives you the right to tell anyone what is and is not true of a series.

I really don't remember saying there isn't emotion in mecha shows. Infer what you will, but believe that mecha shows are some of the _most_ emotional. Mecha shows often deal with war and combat, and various trying situations. The main focus of many is the reaction of each individuals to these situations, and those reactions are hardly ever unemotional.

Perhaps a select Gundam, Zeta Gundam, in this case, would not be as powerful as it could by any stretch of the imagination be without its proper pilot. The real question is whether or not _it could be piloted at all_. If any pilot took the controls, would it still move?

a) Whether or not this discussion is meaningful or not is basically irrelevant at this point. This is OT to the nth degree!

b) I do actually plan to watch more mecha shows throughout my life. I really look foreward to it, actually. But I don't see what this has to do with the concept that Evangelion _does_ defy genre, at least in my opinon, _because_ no shows relate closely to it.

c)Mecha has become a great insult?! Not only am I appalled by the very idea, I've never heard of it. I don't believe that fans are _afraid_ of associating Evangelion with mecha, but instead more hesitant to attach any sort of label to the series.

Well, I don't agree with your analysis of the show, but that's obviously to be expected. Moreover, I don't agree with this 'meaning of Gundam' you speak of. I'm not even sure what on Earth it is, and I already can't condone it! I have watched a large part of Mobile Suit Gundam, I don't see the problem with Gundam Wing, and my 'meaning' of Gundam is obviously different than yours. I had gleaned the overall idea that technology can and should be used for the good of all mankind. This is clearly not what you found in the series, and I completely respect that. What's more, I know quite well that there are many shows of better quality and stature than GW. I just don't see their place or point in this discussion.

That was a wonderful explaination of Newtypes. Did you know that the original plans for Gundam Wing included the five main pilots being Newtypes themselves? What an interesting similarity. It couldn't possibly be because both series actually found themselves equal in the Gundam name, and therefore some should be given a bit more consideration instead of being relegated to the category of profit ploys? Hm. But I digress.

Evangelion isn't a non-mecha series because it's deeper, or more battle-oriented, or whatever the claim may be. It difines itself because it (reportedly) gives more attention to the divinities and their role in humanity's existance than a mecha series, which tends to focus more on the humans themselves as they stuggle to find purpose and security in technology, often as their world falls apart around them. You put it beautifully, "The most important elements lie in the humans themselves, not the technologies." That's your point. It's mine as well.

If mecha is truly as deplored as you say, then I think it may be more beneficial to the genre to discuss calmly and in a board where it isn't so rude to post page long analyses of Gundam. Mecha fans are the ones who have to set the example. This isn't the way to do it. Please, create a board on this topic and let those with on-topic opinions reclaim this one. Trust me, it will be a discussion for the ages.

As to all who witnessed my shameless self-indulgence in an arguement, I apologise humbly. Hopefully, this topic will be moving soon to another board or PM. In the meantime, please respond or return to the topic as you see fit. Er... thank you.

Sorry about it but Gundam Wing did not include the idea of newtype in the original plan because they could not explain what newtypes are. Watch GX and you can see how difficult it is to have newtypes in alternative universe Gundam. The truth is that GW wants to be as far as from the UC because they are attracting different audiences, mainly the females and younger kids.

I am not the one saying mecha cannot have deep plot. Please read all messages again. It is the question "Did EVA really defy a new gerne?" My answer is no because everything EVA had done had been done before. If Gundam or all other mechas are about human finding comfort in technologies, tell me what the Five Stars Stories is about and what Macross is about and what Brain Powerd is about? At the end, how technologies can save lives and bring peace in these shows? BTW, does EVA really not about technologies? I don't think putting a human brain in EVA is only for making it cool. There is a meaning there.

I don't think I am rude because I have not one time calling names which is not appropiate to the reading of children. When I am using examples from shows you have not even heard about, how can you prove me wrong? Fine, I am wrong and EVA is not a mecha because it has incrediably deep story and the characters are unique. It is definitely the most original and unique story in the history in animation. Unfortunately, I don't think it is true because I have enough reasons and knowledges to back it up.

Now, back to the topic. Is EVA the best story ever made? My answer is again, NO because many of the themes, plots and characters have been done before and done better. I am sure if someone doesn't want to believe, they can simply accept that the older works don't exist at all. Does it mean it is not good anymore? Of course not. It has its flaws like any other shows. The main character, Shinji, is not really a likeable character or one that is easy to relate to. It is not real that he is still loved when he doesn't want to help. Our society does not work that way. Do we gather around a loser and clap when he has a little personal improvement? Our people are not so forgiven. The world out there is quite different. When a person is useless, he/she is discard. If Shinji is on Whitebase replacing Amuro, he is dead in a day because the enemies and crew of Whitebase is not so forgiven. Then, when Shinji meets the people, he does not even think about them in their shoes. If he can, he will realize his life is not such a tragic comparing to others. Does he has to face the fact that he is made like Rei? Does he has to see his mother hanging herself like Auska? Does he has to live in guilt for abandoning his father like Misato? Does he has to see his mother bound into a computer because she thinks she can be a better computer than a mother? Shinji can be a happy child because he still has a father looking after him and he is the one refusing to understand his father's intention. He is just a very selfish and self-centered person. He can decide when he wants to fight without looking at the big picture. EVA does a great job in reflecting some of the problems of children nowaday. They are like Shinji who refuses to look at the world in others point-of-view. They enjoy soaking in meaningless pain and waiting for others to help. When there is help, it gives a chance for them to refuse and being sad over and over......

BTW, I am not the one saying labelling EVA a mecha is an insult. Read the post again. In fact, I try really hard to defend it but it doesn't work too well, I guess because some people have already made up their minds. Don't expect that I don't understand the greatness of EVA at all. I know it is about human but don't most mecha shows, especially UC Gundams, are about human?

Off-topic
In an earlier post, I have said I am a fan of mecha for a long time. If you are under 20, I have been watching mecha, and anime in general, before you were born. I guess I am just old and have been living too long to understand what young people think. I don't think you believe I have watch a lot of Gundams and mechas in general. The truth is that I have been collecting Gundam shows, books, merchandises and models for the last 15 years. Gundam has been very popular worldwide except in North America.

[size=1][color=olive]I wouldn't be too hasty to cast my judgement yet KnR... Things take a rather drastic, daker and more... psychological turn at eps. 11 and onwards, reaching climax around 22 - 26 and the two movies. So reserve your judgements. My friend loves Eva up until eps 10, but hates the remaining episodes with passion. [/size][/color]

Of Course it is besides Ninja Scroll I mean both Ninja Scroll and Neon Genesis both have good story lines, awesome action scenes to say,"Oh dang", to and both have cool main characters. So everyone should say that Neon Genesis is the best Anime of all time even if you haven't seen it.

[color=#707875]I haven't seen all of Evangelion myself. I'm actually hoping to borrow the series from a friend soon.

So I'm not particularly qualified to label it as the best anime of all time or not. But from what I [i]have[/i] seen, I do appreciate its depth and uniqueness. It certainly [i]is[/i] unique, when compared to other anime.

In terms of whether or not it's a "mecha anime"...the term "mecha anime" annoys me anyway. It annoys me largely because it's so stupidly simplistic.

Would I class Evangelion as a "mecha anime"? No. I'd class it as more of a dramatic thriller/sci-fi...or something along those lines. It really is very difficult to slap a genre label on Evangelion, which is probably a good thing.

As a fan of Teknoman (which could be considered a "mecha anime"), I also feel that even for animes that [i]would[/i] fit under this label...it's still an overly-simplistic one. And, more to the point, you'd have to ask yourself exactly how you define "mecha". If you simply define it as "giant robot", then you could probably slap that label on a whole host of different anime. If you compared Teknoman and Evangelion for example (the EVA Unit with the Teknomen), you could make some basic comparisons...but only very basic ones. The EVA Unit is, as has been said, an entity. It's not just some machine. Even the way the pilot is inserted into the Unit's spine is quite telling of that.

Teknoman, on the other hand, requires the individual to basically "transform" into that being. Is a Teknoman a giant robot, a suit of armor or a living being? Any of those could probably be true, depending on your interpretation.

So, yeah. It's kinda a pointless argument. Evangelion is a darn sight deeper than most "mecha animes" out there. So, in my view, slapping a simple label on it is kind of denegrating to what it really is. But that's just me. I personally don't care how people label it...it comes down to personal taste and interpretation, really.[/color]

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkblue][FONT=courier new] [SIZE=1][I]Did anybody see this? This has got to be one of the weirdest anime's I have ever seen. I am not going to say the best parts of it because I do not feel like doing those spoiler things right now. It was weird but it also has to be one of the best anime's I have ever seen. Only one word to describe it: Wowza!( And Im not talking about Rei!!!)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

I'll spoil it for you: the best part was the end, where the show stopped.

All the characters had serious mental issues that made you wonder how such a "secure" and "well-developed" facility got these psychoes to run the Eva's in the first place. The ending had two major problems: [spoiler]Asuka and Shinji[/spoiler]. Neither should have been at the ending, it would have been so much better without.

[color=hotpink][size=1]How do you figure that Asuka and Shinji at the end was not good? I thought it was perfect. The way Shinji reacted to seeing her was great. It kind of gives you this fading hope that perhaps humanity can be saved. But then again, Asuka probably still hates Shinji, and as soon as she can get up... ^_~[/color][/size]

[COLOR=red][FONT=courier new][SIZE=1][I]Yea, it would of been nothing without Asuka and Shinji. Shinji adds the emotions and Asuka adds the cussing in german...lol. [Spoiler]But I don't get the ending I know they created the new world and everything but what happens now? And is Rei there with them? And did Shinji kill Asuka?[/Spoiler][/I][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1] I've heard theories that the [spoiler] Asuka you see in the last scene is not really Asuka, but some other person at together.[/spoiler] *shrugs* I read Anime Insider, and there was a chart decribing all the people who died and how they died [spoiler] and Asuka was included.[/spoiler] Hm.[/size]

[color=midnightblue]Well, it is true that [spoiler]Asuka seemed to die because of her "final battle" in that movie.. I'm not quite sure where I heard it, though I thought it was here on OtakuBoards a while back, but someone told me that the Asuka we see at the end of EoE was a mix of Asuka, Rei, and Misato. If I recall, Asuka's eyes at the end were not her normal blue. Perhaps they were red?[/spoiler]

I don't know why, but End of Evangelion really didn't confuse me. Maybe it's because I have thoroughly read a thousand spoiler sites, or maybe because Syk "knew I wanted him to" explain parts of it to me, but I enjoyed this ending to the series. It seemed to fit, unlike endings to some other series I know which have totally out of place, dumb methods of resolvement.

Maybe I just looked at it all on a superficial level, but I'm pretty sure that's not it.

This is, by far, my favorite anime movie of all time, not just because it's related to Evangelion, but its script, message and overall execution was so well-done. Here's to you, Gainax, for another great work.[/color]

[size=1] I've never payed close enough attention to tell, but people have argued that, yes, [spoiler] the eye-shade of 'Asuka' in the last scene is a different color than the one we see in the previous events in the movie.[/spoiler] She looks exactly the same, though.

To understand the basic concept is pretty easy. [spoiler] Eva Unit 001 becomes 'God' with all these nifty things and Shinji has to decide whether it's the worlds' end or whatever,[/spoiler] but I think the smaller details and stories are more complicated. I gotta hand it to Anno, though, he really did his work.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]How do you figure that Asuka and Shinji at the end was not good? I thought it was perfect. The way Shinji reacted to seeing her was great. It kind of gives you this fading hope that perhaps humanity can be saved. But then again, Asuka probably still hates Shinji, and as soon as she can get up... ^_~[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I actually thought for the first time Asuka respected Shinji during that sceen. Basically Asuka was [spoiler] near death and Shinji had enough courage to not care about what the consequences would be and just react. Even after what Asuka was going through and how she finally realized that what happen to her mother wasn't her faught, she was still defeated. Shinji however was going through a somewhat similar dilemma and conquered all of his fears and questions about life and i guess somewhat saved the world to start over again. [/spoiler] Asuka realized this and without hisitation just acted like she always does saying something sarcastically, but i believe she didnt think Shinji of being lower than her or wasteful. She thought they were both on the same level since they both went through such a dramatic crisis.

My only question is [spoiler] if it is a combination of Rye, Misato or whatever why did the creators pic Asuka's physical form to be the one to start the new earth?? I would have thought for sure it would of been Misato since Shinji was closer to her then Asuka is. [/spoiler]

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by pbfrontmanvdp [/i]
[B]

My only question is [spoiler] if it is a combination of Rye, Misato or whatever why did the creators pic Asuka's physical form to be the one to start the new earth?? I would have thought for sure it would of been Misato since Shinji was closer to her then Asuka is. [/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

And that is why no one will ever truly understand Evangelion. ^_~.

I think Shinji actually was romantically intersted in Asuka during the series, even though she [i]was[/i] very arrogant and mean towards him. [/size]

[COLOR=#503F86]I really didn't like the End of Evangelion. It's hard to say why, but I guess I'm just a sucker for [spoiler]a happy ending, which in my mind EoE couldn't be farther from. Even a sad ending would have been alright, but this was just... disturbing.[/spoiler] As an artistic piece on its own it's amazing; just not my favourite type of viewing. The end of Episode 26 left me with a much better feeling, but I guess that's not really what the thread's about so I won't go into it. I'm not an Eva-aholic anyway, my arguments wouldn't stand up to much ^_^;[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
I just read a huge article about the renewal project for Evangelion. Bluntly, I'm jumping up and down in joy. :p Bascially, all GAINAX is doing is redrawing scenes and redoing the sound, ultimately brining and better and flashier Evangelion. Sounds cool, eh? All I really learned from the article was that they had people who worked on Evangelion to come and do some more illustrations, DVD cover illustrations [the new ones have a much more 'homemade' look], and just making the animations more up-to-date. Hideaki Anno even designed a new DVD Box, which looks very cool. Hard to explain, though, you'd have to see it for youself. To make an attempt, it's a thin box that's fairly long, and it's placed in a red bin that has two upper-layers that pop out and move to the side using eight legs on either side. >_>.

They're also creating a Evangelion game [Eva 2] that supposedly gives answers to the unsolved mysteries in Evangelion. In the game, you go around gathering clues by talking to people [Kaworu and Toji are up and running somehow] and you have your Eva fights. Some Eva artists made the Evangelion units more 'heavy armored' and gave them some new weapons, and the graphics aren't amazing, but it's not too shabby. I'm only judging by tiny screenshots, though. I may be wrong. [I spent most of my time drooling of the pictures of Kaworu, anyway.]

Isn't ADV also re-recording the Evangelion dub? I know this only because I watched an interview with the man who was hired to play Kaworu. He seemed quite excited about being in one of his favorite anime, although I don't care very much for his voice acting.

Should I wait until the renewal project is completed before attempting to acquire and watch NGE?

~Dagger~