OtakuBoards

Who is your Daddy, and What Does He Do?

Ben

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben [/i]
[B]he is the "Food Service Manager" at Sacred Heart School, my old elementary/middle school. [/B][/QUOTE]

My dad pretty much does the same thing, except he works for Queen of the Valley Hospital, heh.

My mom used to be a secretary but now she sells books online. She gets some good money from it and she gets to work at home, which is nice.

My personal preference is to work in journalism, preferably in the video game industry (which is a dream I've expressed to many a person). I wouldn't even care if I ended up at GamePro, just so long as I got a job, heh.

My mum and dad are top-secret spies working for the Israeli government seeking to undermine the productivity of sheep in Western Australia [Father has a doctorate in Biological Sciences and Mother has a Ph.D in Gene engineering].

Haha. As if.

My dad is a photographer for a tourist boat in Perth, and my mum is a Secretary with the police. She is also a domestic engineer.

Political correctness and all that- a house wife is a domestic engineer.

Edit: What I want to be.. no idea. Something rich and fun. I don't really have any definite aims.

My Daddy is a banker! He works for CUB (Citizens Union Bank) he has a pretty high position. He can suggest raises or suggest that a person is fired :) Nothing special, but I think the pay is good, and you get out of collage... or... Business school...

My Mom is a librarian at a high school. She went from a Kender garden teacher at a crappy school to a librarian at a more decent school all the way to a high school where she was surprised at the cussing. Nothing special... not so good pay... but you do get summers off :)

Sheesh, there sure are a lot of Sacred Hearts around. :p The one that my dad works at is in [B]Groton, Connecticut[/B]. It's a shame, though; I sure would have liked to meet all of the people who lived near a Sacred Heart. :toothy:

I really don't know what I'd like to do when I get older. I like to write, but I'm not sure that I could ever write anything that I could live off of.

I'd like to do something that involves food, like my dad. My dad, and about three of my uncles work with food in some form or another; my mom and aunt have both been waitresses at major restaurants, and cooking is another thing that I enjoy doing. It's a shame that knives make me slightly nervous.

I just can't picture myself doing something like my mom does. :whoops:

I've also given some thought to acting, but that's more of a fantasy than an actual goal. I've only been in one play, and that was in third grade. :) I don't know if I have the discipline to make myself memorize lines, or the courage to get up in front of people and say them. I get nauseous just thinking about giving an oral report. :p But acting would be a neat thing to do, I think.

If all else fails, I'll leave home and wander the States searching for OB members. :toothy:

*LMAO at thread title*

Heh, Arnie quotes eh?

Anyway, my dad doesn't do anything in particular anymore, he's like 65 now and lives in the house with the kids, I live in my own house with my wife and daughter

My mother passed away some years back, can't remember what she worked as though, some business......thing :/

[COLOR=firebrick]My dad worked as a substitute for years, he didn't get his "Teachers License" until 2 years ago *lol* He's a late bloomer I guess ; )

My mum has worked with elderly, been a housewife, studied to become an assisting nurse, worked some more with elderly and now she's studying to become a Dermatologist (sp?).

Will I be tracing my parents footsteps ? Nah, hardly.
Teaching is for those who are passionare about what they love [SIZE=1](be it math, english or history etc)[/size] and are capable of sharing it with people who [SIZE=1](more times than often) [/size]are not receptive to it.
I truly admire all those wonderful teachers out there who are stars in the black hole of the world known as [i][color=black][b]school[/b][/i][/color] [i]*bows*[/i]

Working with elderly takes a lot of patience and putting up with... things. It's also way too stressy and way too underpaid.

I'll be happy if I end up doing a job I enjoy, I see no point in stressing for a career.

- Mimmi [/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]*LMAO at thread title*

Heh, Arnie quotes eh?[/B][/QUOTE]

I was hoping that [I]someone[/I] would recognize it. :toothy: Thanks for not disappointing me.

[QUOTE]That'd be interesting... give us something to do the summer before senior year, eh Ben?

Doesn't sound like much of a job though, it'd give us many more bills than paychecks...[/QUOTE]

I was thinking of it more as a last-ditch lifestyle, not as a job. :p Heh, I doubt we could convince OB-ers to support us in our cause, anyways. :p

[color=darkred][size=1]Wow what an interesting topic, lol. My dad's name is Ron, and hes a drywall man... You know he uses those cool puddy knives and puts mud on walls. He has 35 years experince, He says there skill to the whole thing but it looks pretty easy to me. Low pay though. -.-[/size][/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]My daddy does construction/landscaping work right now with my granddaddy. He was a truck driver for countless years, since before I was born, but now he has a bad back and can't drive for long periouds of time. I really do miss Shoog, his big rig. Heh. ^_^

My mom actually works in a doctor's office, as a Secretary's assisstant sort of thing. She answers the phone, does paperwork, helps patients get ready to see the doctor, and she does some other sorts of stuff. It's neat.

My mom USED to be a waitress. First at the Cracker Barrell, then at the Texas Cattle Company, and for a bit at the Waffle House.

[Southern Accent]My dad is a truck driver and my mom is a Waffle House waitress.[/Southern Accent]

Heh, not too many cool people can say that. :p[/color][/size]

Guest rttocs77
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1] He was a truck driver for countless years, since before I was born

My mom USED to be a waitress. First at the Cracker Barrell,
[Southern Accent]My dad is a truck driver and my mom is a Waffle House waitress.[/Southern Accent]

Heh, not too many cool people can say that. :p[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

I LOVE THE CRACKER BARRELL!!! THAT IS THE GREATEST PLACE EVER! (well they have a lot of them) The only thing I don't like is that whenever I go I almost have a nervous breakdown over trying to solve that triangle golf-tee game/puzzle thing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by rttocs77 [/i]
[B]I LOVE THE CRACKER BARRELL!!! THAT IS THE GREATEST PLACE EVER! (well they have a lot of them) The only thing I don't like is that whenever I go I almost have a nervous breakdown over trying to solve that triangle golf-tee game/puzzle thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]*Laughs* Oh my gosh, I know what you mean. When my mom worked there, she brought some home for us, and eventually I had it figured out how to get it down to one tee. There's only one way to do it and you have to be extremely precise. Man, that was a long time ago. Now I look at those things and get extremely irritated.[/color][/size]

Guest rttocs77
I personally think they usually gype you on the biscuits.

Also, what kind of truck was it. I'm guessing some kind of transport, but what kind of transport? Is it like moving furniture for when people move?

If so, my granddad used to own a company out of Atlanta calles Weathers Bros. It was a moving and storage company.

[color=hotpink][size=1]My dad drove a Big Rig. As in the kind you see on the interstate with huge trailors on the back of them, not moving vehicles. For a while he drove with a flat-bed trailer, and that was when he had Shoog. And then he drove a dump truck before finally calling it quits because of the pain. Maybe I'll find a picture of Shoog and scan it for you next time I go home. ^_^[/color][/size]

Guest rttocs77
Aren't moving trucks 'Big Rigs'? I thought that all large trucks were the same in terms of the actual 'car' part, but just differed on what it has behind it. Oh well.

My Daddy's job's nothin' special, really. It's just kinda unusual, I guess....He's a rock quarry (sp?) worker. He operates a crusher and get granite from the quarry. He gets paid good though, but he has to be at work by 6 AM, so he gets up around 5 in the morning, and doesn't come home till 7 or so.
My Mama works at the hospital in the Materials Management Department. It's a cool job. You have access to most of the hospital. ^_^

[size=1]My dad's name is Paul and he owns a Minute Man Press store in Orlando, and runs it and manages it and all that. Years ago he used to be a district store owner with Kinkos, but that's a whole different story. ^_^

My mom's name is Cindy and she works part time in a scrapbooking store. That's her hobby, and they always say you should do what you love. Before she got pregnant with me, she was actually the head physical therapist at one of the hospitals in New Orleans (where I was born). Damn kids.

Both my parents worked really hard to get their jobs, so that's sort of engrained into me. I'm majoring in history, and I would like to be a teacher, I think. I just haven't decided what I should teach - history? Literature? Drama? Sexual Education? I haven't decided whether or not I'm going to be a college professer (which means I'll be paid more and I'll have the chance to travel) or a high school teacher (which is what inspired me in the first place). I guess we'll just have to wait and see. ^_^

That, and I'd love to write books. Maybe one day.[/size]

My father, before he died, was a truck driver. He hauled around hazardous chemicals in a Semi-Truck for about... 23 years I think. Then he retired that and did absolutley nothing except eat himself to death.

My mother, is a Customer Service Manager at Wally World (Wal*Mart). She does okay there.

I have no intentions of following in their footsteps. They are to small compared to my big feet. Besides, I want to be a Prosecutor. I want to send people to jail. Muahahaha!

My dad is currently without a job, due to the fact that he's in prison for drug possesion/use, spousal/child abuse, assault, robbery, adultury, possesion of an unliscensed, deadly weapon, kidnapping, and resisting arrest.

My step dad remoldels rooms for people. His pay depends upon what the people want done to which rooms. I like the second one lots better.

My dad is a printer. He has worked for one company for over 25 years. Then they went out of business. This company came and bought them. They gave him a job, but i think he liked the old company better....
Mom is a para for our local school district. She works with the special ed kids, the ones that are slow learners, and the trouble makers. She comes home exhasted, but she says she loves her job.
I could never do any of these. I don't have that much patience with other people. heh..maybe that's why i hate my job...
I want to be a rad-tech, with asperations of becoming one who works in the heart cath lab. It looked really interesting when i visited that section of the hosptal this last week.
And then..of course on teh side i have to finish writing my book...which now has..yay! 42 pages!!!! :)