OtakuBoards

Black Horizon [Rated R for Language, Violence, Heavy Gore, Sexual Perversion]

Corey

[color=003333][size=1][i]I think that that's a great idea Baron. I'll figure something out, but until then please, whoever is interested in surviving (Captain Chubbs will be one) I suggest you somehow make it to an escape pod before Rubens little bite mark gets serious.[/i]
---
Satell leaned against the wall, pressing as close to it as she could get, almost trying to become one with the metal that birthed her. She dug her fingers into the ridges of the gravity plating. Small streaks of light began forming around the corridor, arching down the wall and into her fingertips. With every streak of light absorbed, she seemed to breath a little harder, gain back a little more energy... Become more determined.

Allen glanced at Tex's body, her deep lacerations still oozing half coagulated blood, dark in color and heavy. It seeped into the floorgrating of the Bladerunner. He watched Sam go, his tears mixed with the blood of his love. He turned back to Satell, a layre of sweat covering her bare body, the white lines flowing far more rapidly into her fingers, now dug into the metal of the ship.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Vincent, I'm giving you another chance. Leave. Back to your Hell dimension. Back to whatever afterlife you are to exist in. Just leave us." A small section of air shimmered as if superheated. A desert road on a hot day. A menacing chuckle rang throughout the air.

[b]Vincent-[/b] [i]Please. Don't take me for a fool. This is what I was meant to do. I came on this mission out of a sence of good. My true purpose, my destiny if you will, was to become one with the Event Horizon, even if it wasn't a priority of mine. I know far more than any of you ever will. I have seen more than any of you ever shall... Well... Perhaps some of you will.[/i] The shimmer grew intence, seeming to throw the wall behind it into a dozen different fractured images, then shot downward to Satell.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Satell!" Her hands unclinched from the wall, grabbed the shimmer, and pushed. She stood, the cords on her neck standing out, the muscles in her legs straining. Her face was determined, almost willing the shimmering specter away.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Show yourself spirit." The pocket of air shimmered again, seemed to disappear, then came back as a semitransparent form. It was Vincent, his abdomen a mass of ground meat and a small bullet hole in his head. His hands were pressed against Satell's, nails digging into her supernatural skin. "That's not you. It's what you were." She pushed him away. He would have fallen under normal curcumstances, but rose in the air. "Show your true self." He did a half bow, more out of antagonization than spite.

[b]Vincent-[/b] [i]As you wish, m'lady.[/i] He shimmered again, reappearing as a gaunt, skeletal man. Skin hung from his bones in peach masses, muscle rippling and straining against his ragged and splintered bones. Black liquid dripped from his bloodshot, bright blue eyes. His hair stood on his head in a ragged clump, stringy with oil. His ribs stuck out at odd angles, poking through his skin, giving his chest a pulled look. [i]This is me.[/i] He shimmered again and became solid. "How I am now. My enlightened self." He smiled, showing dozens of pointed, blackgummed teeth. He decended on Satell, the tips of his fingers pulling away to reveal razor sharp bone.[/color][/size]

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]Sam arrived in the armory with tears still on his cheeks. He looked around, slightly confused. He had never been in this room before. [b]"Where are all the damn guns?[/b] Sam finally figured that they were in the banks of lockers. Funny how emotion can blind you.

Sam fumbled one of the doors open. It was full of helmets and body-suits. [b]Wrong one.[/b] He continued opening them until he found the right one. The handguns.

He pulled one out and checked the ammunition. It was full, and the safety off. [b]"Good. My love, I will soon be with you.[/b]

Sam raised the gun to his temple.

He pulled the trigger.

________

OOC: Again, be patient. I have something planned. So don't post something about hearing a gun-shot.[/size]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Satell rose to the challenge, her own body rippling unnaturally to reveal who she was.[/i]

"Take a look into my own reality."

[i]Her body wasn't quite as decayed, but it was still a skeleton as well... ...her skin hung almost artfully over her body, her face still intact save a bullet hole through the temple and a gash through her left thigh. He blinked and paused in his assult. She bared her own claws, which were far longer than his, thanks to feminine savagery. Satell arched her back unnaturally, then slashed forward.

Her body gave off a surreal glow as she screamed with rage and let energy flash through her body and his. Her movement ripped a hideous gash through his chest, charged with energy, it went deeper than her natural talons would've allowed.[/i]

"...you..."

"Fucking undead bitch-ass? Yes... ...so what...go home to your mother."

[i]He recovered and made a similar swipe at her, which she caught between her palms. With a simple crack, bend, and twist, she disconnected his arm from the rest of his body and slammed it into the bloodstained spikes. His scream matched hers in intensity. The onlookers winced as she impaled his chest and twisted viciously.[/i]

"....you're in my territory..."[/COLOR]

[color=003333][size=1]She dug her hand deeper into the things chest, gripped it's spinal column and jerked it forward. The things neck snapped back, seeming to make an audible crack, then fell to the floor. Satell pulled more, each vertebrea splintering and sending shards of bone into the little tissue it had left. It screamed.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Leave." Its head rolled hideously, angling so it could look at Satell. One of it's eyes had burst, the small white mass laying, rooted to it's cheek. It's remaining eye locked onto hers.

[b]Vincent-[/b] "Never..." She pulled and twisted, sending waves of agony across the things corrupted body, and snaping it's spine in several places. It screamed. Allen cringed, the scream washing over him like an oceanic wave. She released, the body crumpling to the floor. Satell shrank back to her original form, skin pulling tight. A shimmer rose from the decrepid corpse.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Leave." A roar filled the air and the shimmer dissapeared in a flash of white light. She hunkered down, slightly worn out. Allen rushed down to her and helped her up. "Allen... It's not finished yet..." He nodded.

[b]Allen-[/b] "I know... Satell... Are we going to make it through this?" She smiled slightly.

[b]Satell-[/b] "You will. You will..."

[b]Allen-[/b] "Let's go... We gotta get to the birdge... I need ot see what's happening..."[/size][/color]

[size=1][i]Click[/i]

[b]"What the--"[/b]

[i]Click[/i]

Sam tore the gun from his forhead. [b]"What the hell is wrong with this thing?"[/b]

[i][b]You still have purpose to live.[/b][/i]

[b]"Who the hell are you?"[/b] Sam tried to yell at the voice entering his head. As he did, a scream threatened to tear his thought apart. He dropped to his knees, hands clutching his head. Now his shoulder started to throb. It was beyond him why that part of his body chose to feel like it was slowly being pulled out of it's socket, but it did.

As suddenly as it started, the scream stopped. Sam regained his footing and walked out of the armory.

Sam entered the cockpit to see Allen and Satell sitting. They were visibly shaken.

[b]"I thought you said you weren't going to come back."[/b] Allen said in a thin voice.

[b]"Plans change. Sometimes for the good, but not always."[/b] Sam sat down in the pilots seat. [b]"Like Tex. I hoped when we got back to earth, we would settle down. Now look at her."[/b] Sam weakly gestured over to Tex's body, still covered with Sam's shirt. Sam began to cry. Both Allen and Satell knew that the could not comfort their friend; he would have to get through this on his own.

After he had finished crying, Sam asked a question, looking for hope.

[b]"Who else is alive?"[/b][/size]

[color=003333][size=1][b]Allen-[/b] "The three of us are alive... Van... Trini... Ruben... That's it Sam... Van and Trini are in the Loading Bay with Ruben. Look." Allen layed back and closed his eyes, exausted and close to passing out. The screen showed the loading bay through an heat sencing camera. Three human shapes were huddled at the entrance, talking from the looks of it. Allen touched a button, the screen switched from heat sencing to night vision. Ruben was pointing a weapon, a flamethrower, into the loading bay. His eyes were alert and cautious. Trini was weilding a knife and a sidearm of some sorts. She looked fearful and aprehensive. Van was to Rubens left, weaponless but determined. He looked... Different... He had more hair... Allens eyes left the screen. "Van was going to go help you Satell... Help you fight. But you didn't need it." His eyes slipped closed, then opened with a snap.

[b]Satell-[/b] "What's in there?"

[b]Allen-[/b] "I don't know... I think something from the Event Horizon..." A blast of fire issued from Rubens weapon. Something blocked out the cameras view. The screen went static. "And it just ate the camera." Allen reached into the pocket on the left arm of his jacket and pulled out a pillbox. He opened it and emptied the two pills into his mouth, chewing twice and swallowing. He clenched his teeth against the bitter taste.

[b]Sam-[/b] "What was that?" Allen chuckled and stood.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Just something to keep me up a bit longer. I can't sleep yet, all our guests aren't gone yet." He did a little after you gesture, and motioned Sam and Satell out of the bridge. They stood slowly.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Amphetamines. Right?" He seemed more awake already. He winked at her. "Let's go. We can help them..." Allen nodded and led them out the door.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Sam, go to the Loading Bay and help them. Anyway you can." He was beginning to talk very fast. "Satell, you'll come with me. You're tired and energy sapped. You won't be much help to any of us in a firefight, no offence." She shrugged and nodded. "Then let's go." Sam sprinted down the hallways leading to the Loading Bay. Allen watched him go until he was out of sight. "Satell... I want you on an escape pod now. We have seven. One for you. One for Van and Trini. One for Ruben and Sam. And one for me. I want you in there right now. I'm not going to lose you. I'll see you back on earth, ok?" He took off his jacket and draped it over her bare body, their eyes never leaving eachothers. "Please... I can't have you die here. You're too weak... The ship has been infected and it's taking it's toll on you... You won't survive another fight..."

[b]Satell-[/b] "I know... But I can't..." He intertwined his hands with hers and kissed her lips.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Please... I won't lose you." He put his arms around her and hugged her tight. She put he head on his chest, his heart beating extremely fast, and put her arms around his neck. She clinched her eyes closed, two single tears squeezing out.

[b]Satell-[/b] "Ok..." she whispered. He cried into her shoulder and kissed her.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Thankyou.... Thankyou so much. I love you... And I always will." She kissed him on the forehead and pulled away. They walked down the corridor slowly, arms around eachothers waist. The escape pods came into view, round portholes about four feet across marked their entrances. The pods themselves looked like giant pills, an engine at one end. They were programmed to return to earth after launched. There were two stasis pods in each. The two came to a stop in front of the pod marked 'I'. He hugged her tight, face burried in her neck. Allen pressed the pad and the porthole swung open. He broke the embrace, resting his forehead on hers.

[b]Satell-[/b] "I love you too." Allen led her in and helped her down onto the first stasis pod. "I'll see you in a few weeks." He bent down and kissed her.

[b]Allen-[/b] "'Farewell and Godspeed.' " He winked at her and shut the pod, the stasis gel filling the chamber immediately. He left the pod backward, keeping his eyes on Satell as long as he could. "See you soon..." He closed the door and punched the button, small tears running down his face. The pod blasted off, arching toward earth and firing its ion drive. He watched it as long as he could before the ship blocked his view. He wiped his tears and turned around, his heart beating hard and fast. Sam came bounding down the hall.

[b]Sam-[/b] "Allen! Satell! Come quick! Something's wrong with Ruben! Come on! Where's Satell?!"

[b]Allen-[/b] "Safe." He wiped his face again and ran down the hallway at Sams heels.[/size][/color]

[Color=#518CBD][Font=trebuchet ms]OK, I'm not 100% on what's wrong with Mr. Ruben so I'm just going to assume that he's becoming an enemy from that bite he got. Also guys Van doesn't know he's getting younger so if he freaks be kind....

[I]Van stood along with Trini and Ruben in the loading bay, he felt a little odd but he just supposed that it was from the new skin and muscle tissue that had been sewn into his body after returning to his own dimension. He raised the shirt from his stomach and looked for the lines of the robot's needlework across his body; there weren't any, not a single visible scar across his body, nothing. It was as if he'd never had any surgery, he pulled his shirt up to his chest where he'd received heart surgery, he knew that there was a scar there for sure... again nothing. He dismissed it as just the robot's work, the must have opened up the scars and sewn them back again.

Van turned to Trini and asked her if she felt different or weird in some way. She turned to him but gave him a weird kind of a stare, as if seeing something different about him. "Van, have you had your hair and beard colored by any chance", he relied that he hadn't and wondered where the question had come from. He walked over to a reflective piece of metal a few meters away and looked at himself. "Sweet Jesus" he thought to himself, he knew exactly why she'd asked him that question, his hair and beard were now a light chestnut brown instead of their regular silvery white and his hair was longer. He ran his fingers over his face and wondered what the hell was going on. Before he could check this phenomenon further he heard Trini scream and something hit the floor.

He turned and found he Ruben on the flat out on the ground with Trini standing over him checking his pulse and heart rate. He quickened his pace and ran over to her and allowed his fingers to check over his pulse, his pulse was far higher than normal, his skin was whitening and he was cold sweating and it was then that Van saw the bite mark on his wrist. It was a dark sickly green color and was most likely the cause of the problem. He pulled open the pocket of his shirt to find a scalpel in it's case, Trini has some idea what he was doing and asked what she could do, "Get me a Trauma Kit from the Medical Bay Trini, as fast as you can". He opened the scalpel case and removed the surgical knife, as he went to press the it to Ruben's skin his eyes opened and his grabbed Van's throat, Van gasped and then dropped the knife as Ruben spoke.[/I]

[b]Ruben:[/b] You're too much of a philanthropist Doc...[/color][/font]

Ruben lay on the floor, and let the stream of conscious thought just flow out.

"I want to kill, cut you, slash you, strangle you, murder you all while you sleep, but I can't, I am only half in control and it hurts and I don't know what is wrong, and I want to kill you, but I won't let me do that, and I am scared and what is wrong with me and my arm hurts like crazy and it won't stop until I kill you. But I don't want to kill you, because you're my friends, but my damn arm and my heart hurts like it is going to burst and overall, more than anything I want you all dead. Or me dead. Anything for my damn arm."

Van reeled back in shock. Either Ruben was severely out of it and feverish, or there was indeed something wrong. Something that no doctor's expertise could cure.

It was then that Van noticed it. The greenish lump in Ruben's wrist was pulsating, like a heart. It also had a pinkish glow around, similar to shining a torch through a finger. And it was pulsating.

Ruben continued to speak "Van, please, I am begging you... kill me, kill yourself, get away, send me away, anything. But my damn arm... just.. for Christ's sake [b]do something[/b]!! You're the fucking doctor here, fix me!"

Seemingly expended, Ruben calmed down.

Van put his hand uner Ruben's head to lift it up and alleviate any pressure. Maybe there was brain damage...

A big lump of hair fell off right into Van's palm. It was sopping wet with sweat.

Van stood up and moved away. The lump glowed brighter.

Van ran out of the Loading Bay. They had to get away, something had infected Ruben... and may affect them...

[OOC: I won't be back for a few days... so, I'll see you all later. Don't end it without me!]

[COLOR=royalblue][i]Satell's body was in stasis. Her mind was not. She could see everything take place in swiftly taken photographs. A flash at a time, revealing the state of the ship and the state of the mortals inhabiting it.

She could feel her own body press against the cool glass. In her minds eye, she could see her own hands pressing against the cool surface, her mouth opening in terror, her body arching in the confined space.

"....I have to thelp them."

And then a mocking voice, laughing hysterically at her.

"You are powerless.... ...you're here. You're all alone. What's to stop me from killing them now that you're not there to attempt to protect them?!?"

".......I'm never alone."

Her scream echoed through the entire ship, not the stasis pod but the Bladerunner itself. Her presence, not completely gone, still there.....and very much alive.[/i][/COLOR]

[color=#518CBD][font=trebuchet ms][I]Van reached the armoury as soon as he could after he fled from Ruben in the Loading Bay, he pushed him palm down onto the scanner and the door hissed open to a white room with several steel container racks. He walked down about one meter into the room and looked about for something that he could use, he knew that a handgun wouldn't be much good and so moved onto the heavier weapons. He scanned across the dozens of weapons that were there and it struck him that this mission on paper wouldn't require all these guns, and then it finally hit him, [b]all the shit that had happened to them had been expected[/b]. They had been sent by their superiors on a suicide mission with a minimum likelihood of survival, he slammed his fist down against one of the shelves in anger.

He was plenty sure now that he would need something that packed a punch to be able to deal with the Ruben situation with suitable force. He looked at all the machine guns, shotguns and heavy assault rifles before he decided to take one of the 12" Gauge Assault Shotguns. He took out an empty container and took several other heavy weapons for the other remaining crewmembers: Allen, Trini and Sam, by hell or high water he wouldn't see them die. After loading his own weapon with several rounds of ammunition as well as enough for a couple of refills, he walked to the very end of the armoury where there were several suits of body armour in cases. He removed one of these from their containers he pulled off his medical scrubs and suited up.

Moving back to where he'd left the case of weapons for the others he dragged it out of the armoury and hit the comm. unit on the wall next to him. After a moment of static Allen's voice came across the speaker and was informed him of the situation with Ruben.[/I]

[b]Van:[/b] It's like some for of mutation I've never seen before sir, I'm almost certain that it's from that bite he got. I've got the area here secure and I recommend that you meet me outside the armoury with the other remaining crewmembers and we attempt to take Ruben down.

[b]Allen:[/b] You mean kill him ?!, Van I don't know about that but I agree that there's safety in numbers, Sam and I will meet you in a minute, where's Trini ?

[b]Van:[/b] She's headed towards the Medical Bay for a Trauma kit, I'll call her and relay the message... WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT ?! [I]Several Gunshots echo over the comm. unit[/I]

[b]Allen:[/b] VAN ?!, VAN ?!, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ?!

[b]Van:[/b] [I]Groaning[/I] Ahh fuck....shit that hurt.....fucking heap of shit [I]more gunshots echo[/I]... it's OK sir, it appears that Ruben's transformation has created several of the same monsters like we saw on the Event Horizon. I just took one of them down but he bit into my upper-arm armour.... fuck....I'm OK other than that Allen.

[b]Allen:[/b] Van it was s bite that caused the beginnings of Ruben's condition, are you sure the same won't happen to you. I'm not going to risk anything until I'm sure that it won't risk the lived of the other crewmembers.

[b]Van:[/b] [I]Pulling off armour and looking at the wound[/I] What the hell ?, Sir it appears as if the armour took the bite, I can see no indication of a puncture wound, you should be OK.

[I]In reality what Van saw was a rather large puncture wound in his arm that seemed to be healing at a rapid rate, the skin and muscle tissue was replicating at an unbelievable rate to fill the wound. After several moments more the wound seemed to have sewn up completely leaving no visible trace of the injury, Van wondered what was going on but decided to leave it until later. After several more minutes of scrambling Van saw Allen, Sam and Trini coming down the hall looking to find out more info on what had happened.[/I][/color][/font]

OOC: Sorry that I had disappeared for a moment people..heh heh... family business you know how it gets..but I'm back!!!

[COLOR=orange][SIZE=1]

Trini along with Allen and Sam went to the Armoury quickly. As they met in the hallway she looked around for Tex. She walked quickly holding the Kit in her hand and her waepos on her person and grapped Sam's arm, turning to face him a minute.

"Where's Tex?"

Her question seemed to go unanswered but Sam's body seemed to tell the answer. His arm lightly tensed under the touch of her hand. And the name seemed to make a shiver crawl up his back. Seeing his inital reaction all she could do was turn and continue to walk in silence.

The three of them kept moving quickly but the last words she said to Tex replayed in her head vidily "...You have something ready to bloom Tex, now you go for it."

'Sam,' her heart went out for him and she fought hard to hold back the tears that were building up in her body. She was breathing hard anticipating the tears and pain burning inside of her.

Her head was starting to hang low when she felt Sam's hand touch her back. She looked at him for a moment and smiled lightly, one tear falling to her cheek before turning back to the hall and rushing on towards Van.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=003333][size=1][i]Mr. Samedi, I hope you'll be able to make it back sooner than later. I'll try and prolong it as long as possible, but I'm not going to drag it out until it gets stagnant and falls from the interested eye. Hurry back.
Also, I'd like to hear from you, Ms Reyes. Woudl you like to survive this ordeal, or would you like to perish at the hands of some antagonistic foe? Drop me a line.[/i]
---
The group of three soon became four after they had met up with Van in the Armory. Van handed each of them a 12' Guage Shotgun. Three of the four had begun to walk back down the hallways.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Hey!" Everyone turned. Allen looked down at his weapon, then at everyone elses. "If you're going to fire these things, you had better make sure you're going to hit what you're pointing at. The slugs from these'll rip hole in the hull I don't think we can repair...." They all nodded. "Let's go. To the bridge, people..." Allen hung behind, turning around every once in a while to make sure they weren't being ambushed from the back. Paranoia.

[b]Van-[/b] "What was that?" Everyone stopped and leveled their weapons into the hazy light. The power had begun to dim as soon as the thrusters had activated.

[b]Allen, Trini, Sam-[/b] "What was what?" Van smiled slightly and pointed up ahead. Trini and Sam squinted, Allen remained turned around, still wary of an ambush.

[b]Van-[/b] "Up there... Fifty feet or so..." Trini lowered her weapon and looked over at Van.

[b]Trini-[/b] "You can see up there? It's so dark..." Van shrugged and squinted his eyes.

[b]Van-[/b] "I saw something move... I know I d-"

[b]Allen-[/b] "Behind!" He thumbed down the single barrel function and fired, a scream of un-human pain echoing through the hallway. "The bridge! We can barricade ourseves in there! Go!" The began running, Allen backpeddling to keep his eyes behind them. Someone in the front fired another round, sending another beast to its death.The birdge swerved into view. "Let's go!" Something large rounded the corner they had just passed. Slithery. It left a large trail of blue muck behind it. "Ruben?" Allen stopped and was grabbed on the arm by Sam.

[b]Sam-[/b] "Let's go cap'n!" Allen trned and ran into the bridge, Van closing the door behind them.[/size][/color]

[color=#518CBD][font=trebuchet ms][I]Van was running down the corridor when he heard the same inhuman sound as before when that thing in the armoury had first attacked him. They were only 20 feet from the door and Van was providing cover fire against any of those things... After a second he heard another and pointed his shotgun at the likely place the sound emanated from. 10 feet from the door and Allen was already unlocking it while Sam and Trini covered Allen in case the bridge was already infested. Van finally caught a glimpse of one of those things that Ruben was "breeding". He fired and then ducked in the door before shutting it.

The Bridge was well lit and didn't seem to have lost power when the thrusters were fired, it at least seemed to be still in their control. Van rushed over to the sensor unit to check exactly what the current state of the ship was. Allen say Van and asked him to pull up visuals of the Loading Bay to see what had happened to Ruben, as much as Van didn't want to seen what had happened to his former comrade he did as he was asked. It was a sickening sight to behold and everyone almost vomited at the sight of it, the room seemed to have been transformed into some kind of biological nightmare. The walls were covered in as black slimy material and in the spot where they'd left Ruben was what could only be described as a green pulsating chrysalis.

It was then that Van spotted the vents being flooded by the creatures and he and Allen shouted in horror....[/I]

[b]Van and Allen:[/b] THE VENTS, we have to seal them for else we're toast.

[I]Van looked around and then headed to the nearest one he could see while the others did likewise. They had no idea how long the bugs had been going into the vents but they could be far from the bridge, Van raised his shotgun and activated the flashlight on it before looking into the vent.... it was clear. He closed it up and then spotted one of the caulk guns they'd used when the ship had crossed into that meteor shower, calling to the others he told them that the could use the caulk guns to seal up the vents. Van pulled it up off the ground and sprayed over the vent with the foam, after a few seconds everyone else had done likewise and they were safer than they had been.[/I]

[b]Allen:[/b] Alright that's that, at least we can knock off a potential entry point from those bugs. EVERYONE TO A STATION, GUNS LOADED, AND KEEP ME INFORMED.

[I]Van decided that he'd better stick with the sensor station so that they'd at least have some idea of what the bugs numbers were and how best they could deal with them. He pulled up a body heat scan across the ship and saw that the bugs had infested only a small part of the ship beyond the Loading Bay, He wondered if they could blow the Loading Bay doors and suck out everything from the room.... but that would also kill Ruben.... but Ruben wasn't really Ruben anymore.[/I]

[b][Van:[/b] Allen, we could blow the Loading Bay doors and just suck everything outta there...

[I]Allen turned to the others before giving the nod and the go ahead to do it. Van pulled up a visual for the crew to see so they'd know whether or not it worked. The computer's voice chimed in...[/I]

[b]Computer:[/b] Command codes required for opening of the Loading Bay doors, two senior officers codes required.

[b]Allen:[/b] What, that was never in the system. Van you're since you're my first officer that means your code and my code... Computer, authorisation [b]Echo, Indigo, Montana[/b] commence opening of Loading Bay Doors.....

[b]Van:[/b] Computer authorisation [b]Gamma, Silver, Eireann[/b] confirm commencement of opening Loading Bay Doors.....

[b]Computer:[/b] Voices and Codes recognised, Captain Allen Chubb commanding and Commander Van Ambrose First Officer. Opening Loading Bay doors....

[I]The crew watched as the Loading Bay doors groaned open and the vacuum of space began to suck out the occupants there in. Van let out a cheer as did everyone else, but their hopes were dashed as only a few of the bugs that'd been on the floor were sucked out into space. Allen slammed his hand down and looked about in dismay as he asked for any other suggestions.[/I][/color][/font]

[color=003333][size=1][i]There is some post confliction in these last two. I've read both and have decided that Lynx's will stay.
If you would be so kind, Alex, please delete your post.[/i]
---
Allen stared at the screen. It should have worked. But things that can traverse dimensions like it was leaving and entering a house should be hard to kill.

[b]Sam-[/b] "I don't know... This is just so damn..."

[b]Allen-[/b] "What about the ship? Soon the Bladerunner might become something like Event Horizon was. As much as I value my life, I'd rather be dead then let something like this get back to Earth." He gestured to the screen. "I mean, look what it's done in twenty minutes..." Allen hung his head and scratched the back of his neck, a nervous gesture. The possibility of these things getting to their world, and possibly every other human outpost in the solar system was unthinkable. They'd infest every climate, every country, every inch of the world. Slowly, they'd begin to reach outward, taking control of planet after planet, decimating this universe of everything but their own single-minded deadly rule.

And what then?

[b]Allen-[/b] "We can't let it, " he gestured to the screen, "live. We have to activate the self destruct... These things obviously don't need air... But destroying the Event Horizon killed everything there... If it hadn't I bet we'd be in a lot more trouble than we are now." He scanned the birdge, looking over the station that he had been captain of for years. Several crews. Several missions. God did he wish he had passed this one up.

[b]Trini-[/b] "I vote yes..." Allen looked over and smiled half heartedly. He was beginning to feel guilty. Suicide, no matter why you were doing it, wouldn't get you into heaven.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Are you sure Trini? Are you really su-"

[b]Sam-[/b] "I'm for it." Allen looked to him. He was trying to smile, but couldn't quite manage it. "What's four lives compared to trillions?"

[b]Van-[/b] "Yeah." He seemed slightly reluctant, and brushed his hair out of his face. It was definitly brown. Not even a strand of grey in it now. And his deeply lined face was almost smooth. "We have to blow it up. There's no other way..." Allen hung his head, smiling. A tear ran down his nose and onto the floor.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Ok... Let's do it." His hands shook as he punched the glass and pulled the lever.

[b]Bladerunner-[/b] [i][b]"Self Destruct activated. Three ranking officer codes required."[/b][/i] Allen smiled wanely at the new security feature and pulled out a keyboard. He typed up several commands. [b][i]"Awaiting code imput."[/i][/b] Allen pointed to Sam.

[b]Allen-[/b] "You first." He nodded slowly, digging in his mind for the password he created in the beginning of the mission. "Make sure it's the SD code." He sighed.

[b]Sam-[/b] "Samuel Tiller, pilot. Self Destruct Authorization Code 'Silos Helix Knox'."

[b]Bladerunner-[/b] [i][b]"Code confirmed. Awaiting remaining codes."[/b][/i]

[b]Van-[/b] "Van Ambrose, second in command. Self Destruct Authorization Code 'Degrade Julip Sonata'."

[b]Bladerunner-[/b] [i][b]"Code confirmed. Awaiting remaining code."[/b][/i] Allen breathed deep and exhaled sharply.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Last chance to change our minds people... Any takers?" He looked around at all the faces. No one said anything. "Ok." He rubbed his eyes and ran his hands through his hair. "I'm gonna miss ya, baby... Allen Chubb, captain. Self Destruct Authorization Code 'Safron Twilight Cronos'..."

[b]Bladerunner- [i]"Code confirmed. Self Destruct initiated. Captain Chubb, set countdown timer."[/i][/b]

[b]Allen-[/b] "Twenty minutes?" He looked around, they were nodding. "Countdown timer set. Twenty minutes..." He sighed and looked at his crew. "Begin..." Sirens blared across the ship, lighting up every hallway with red, pulsing lights. "That's it guys. At least we can go out in a blaze of glory." He laughed hallowly and silently cried.[/size][/color]

[i]Several minutes beforehand...[/i]

Ruben lay on the floor of the Loading Bay, spread-eagled, like an angel, with his halo formed by clumps of curly brown hair. His skin was a pasty off-white colour, and his breathing laboured, as the skin of his stomach once again began to stretch and distort. As every single one of the previous times before, that same ripping sound came, as the skin split open from his groin to his navel. Once again, a hideous monstrosity pulled itself from the gaping tear, to slide down his heaving sides and clatter to the floor, squealing. Once again, did it grow at an enormous rate.

Once again did it leave, once again did his stomach reseal itself.

But not once again, Ruben decided as he felt another kernel of growth sprouting. He was stilll mostly in control of himself.. but it was hard. The green lump had been sliding ever further up his arm, heading, or so it seemed, towards his head.

Mustering all his available reserves of energy Ruben staggered to his feet, promptly falling onto his ass in the sticky slime that surrounded the floor beside him. When he turned though, he found something disgusting beyond belief... a large green chrysalis lay prone on the floor. It was pulsing. In rhythm with the one on his wrist. Feeling the urge to 'blow chunks' as locker-room humour would put it, Ruben fled from the Loading Bay.

And not, it seemed, a second too soon. He was perhaps ten metres further down the corridor when the Loading Bay doors hissed shut... and the entire bay became a void, as the muffled explosions announced that the outside-doors had been blown wide open.

Following a trail of slime up the corridor, Ruben found the carcass of a dead beast. One of his little 'brood' he supposed it could be called.

Wandering, mumbling, disgusted, Ruben felt the kernel growing inside him. This whole deal was rather similar to a Steven King novel he had read. The shit weasels grew in you, and then burst forth to announce their terror on the world. He was their Typhoid Mary.

And that was when it struck him. He had to go. Something similar had obviously struck any of the remaining crew as well... for, chiming gently from the speakers, in those innocuously bored and complacent tones came a terrible sound.

[i]'Countdown commenced. Nineteen minutes and fifty five seconds till self destruct. Nineteen minutes and fifty seconds till self destruct.'[/i]

Relentless and implacable, the countdown continued. Ruben knew where he had to go... and half staggered, half ran down the corridor.

Bursting into the communications room, He looked around for the long distance radio. There, in the corner. Someone had jokingly labeled it 'Homo Sap, phone home'. Phone home indeed.

Checking frequencies against a chart on the wall of the room, Ruben matched them up.. now to tell them. Tell them what though?

He decided to go with the simplest bet... tell them to never return.

Minutes later, a small pod consisting entirely of electronic information blasted off from the side of the [i]Bladerunner[/i] heading for space closer to home, where it would send out it's little 'email' message back home. Hopefully they would heed the warning.

Falling into a padded chair, exhausted, Ruben winced as he felt his stomach stretching and growing larger, distending as the 'kernel' inside struggled to gain entry to the atmosphere.

Struggling in the back of his overalls, Ruben pulled out the Beretta. The one with two rounds. He put a bullet into the chamber.

Thumbing the switch to the bridge, where the rest of the crew were obviously barricaded, he searched for the best means to tell them.

And it came to him.

'I love you all' he said quietly into the mike, before setting it back in it's holder.

Flicking the Beretta around, he placed it against his stomach, where he could feel the tautness of the skin, and the fossicking of the creature.

He pulled the trigger.. and his world exploded in pain.

Fighting with all of his controls, he jerkily placed the pistol in his mouth.

And let all restraints go.

[i]Slumping off the chair onto the floor of the control room, Ruben's body jerked, and then stilled. A low female voice echoed through the room.

<[b]Eight minutes and thirty five seconds till self destruct[/b]>[/i]

[OOC: Nice being with you all. Great RPG KOTR. This wasn't exactly what I had in mind... but if you guys didn't want to leave... No skin off my nose.

Once again, I must congratulate you all on this fine example of an RPG. Everyone here has worked with great skill I feel. Wonderful work, you should all be proud.]

[COLOR=royalblue]"I love you all...."

[i]Satell's mind reeled at the suden stop. He had been alive, and now he was gone. She had seen death coming, but she didn't look hard enough.........and he was seeded, tainted, and then he killed himself.

Her eyes closed, tears burning her retinas, thoughts flooding through her without rhyme or reason. His smiling face, the way they had walked down the hall, the time they had first met, her watching him check her out from across the table...... ....it wasn't fair. He had been shot by his own hand. Twice. .....like she had been shot.

In her minds eye, she could see her hands spread out, pressing against the glass, tears falling from her eyes as she watched the stars flash by. One of them flickered and went out. She sighed and closed her eyes, lashes drifting down over her cheeks. Another friend gone. .......taken away. Why did he leave? He was young... ...there was a cure. WHY?!?

The scream did not shatter the glass, becasue it was not expressed vocally. But her mind reeled and contorted as she struggled to make sense of his death.....and her hands clenched violently, her body contracting into a fetal position. Finally, she relaxed, still curled up in her mind, hands grasping her wrists.[/i]

"....I love you back."[/COLOR]

[color=#518CBD][font=trebuchet ms]OK guys Van won't be getting any younger after this so don't post that he is OK.

[I]Van knew what had happened and slammed his fist off the sensor array display panel turning it into a mass of glass splinters, he quickly brushed them off with his other hand and brushed away a single tear which had formed in his now bright eyes. To the casual observer Van looked to be no more than maybe 38 years of age his chestnut brown hair only displaying the odd flecks of grey, where as in reality he was nearing his sixties. He pulled up his shotgun of the display and told the others that if they intended getting off this heap before it went nova then the time to do it was now. Allen, Sam, Trini and of course Satell, these people had become like family to him while he'd served on board for this short period of time. And then of course there was Tex, she'd been a very beautiful young woman and Van had maybe had feelings for her somewhere but he'd been an old man back then.[/i]

[b]Van:[/b] [i]In a tone of confidence[/i] I don't know about the rest of you but I'm not sinking with this tub for some horror movie wannabe's, let's get the hell outta here. FIRE IN THE HOLE !!

[I]Van pulled a single grenade from his combat armour and tossed it at the door, the others ducked behind something for cover but Van didn't bother, he pulled down the visor on his helmet and held his shotgun at the ready. Ping, the trigger on the grenade went and blasted a whole about 5'X4' in the door, it would be a tight squeeze but they'd make it, Van let off one or two warning shots out the hole to let anything out there know that it was in for a fight. A kind of scuttling sound was heard as 5 or 6 of the creatures came through the door into the bridge, Van opened fire again taking out the lead but while the others managed to take out the others. Allen came up behind Van and gave him a slap on the shoulder while the remaining crewmen lined up behind them and began to make their way out the door. The were making good progress and it seemed that Ruben's sacrifice had cut off the supply of the bugs crawling about the ship.[/i]

[b]Allen:[/b] Alright, the escape pods are about a hundred meters down this corridor but from what I remember there's a few vents along here. Keep your eyes open and your guns up !

[b]Van:[/b] Let me head on first Allen I'll be able to spot them before you guys and give you a heads up.

[b]Sam:[/b] Van something strange happened to you after you left us but it seems to have been for the better in our favor anyway.

[b]Trini:[/b] Sam's got a point Van.

[b]Van:[/b] Guys call it a favor from the Man with the Plan, I'm back to make sure that this heap goes Nova and if that can be done then He's happy chappy.

[b]Allen:[/b] OK people, can we have this discussion another time ?, preferably over a coffee on Earth.

[i]Van began to move forward quickly and quietly as he rounded the corners leading up to the Escape Pods, about 20 meters from their destination Van heard a lot more than those 5 or 6 bugs from the Bridge. He turned his head and peered just beyond the wall to see that it was a lot more, there were maybe 40 or 50 of the bastards and they were without a doubt expecting the group from the Bridge. Van knew that if he threw grenade here it would rupture the ship's hull and kill them all and that wouldn't be doing the crew any favors. He felt about on his thighs to see if he had anything else beyond the frag grenades, and then with some form of luck on his side his hand came across a flash grenade. He motioned back to Allen to get everyone ready to make a run for it after he threw the grenade, it might only give them a few seconds to get passed those things. [b]3, 2, 1[/b] and Van hurled the grenades into the middle of them, the flash left most of them rearing in obvious pain and Van had just enough time to shout.[/i]

[b]Van:[/b] GO, GO, GO !![/color][/font]

[COLOR=orange][SIZE=1]

No voices were heard. Only a scream and the muttering of I love you from Satell. She didn't need to here the gunshot or be beside Ruben to know he had killed himself, but he did.

She didn't worry though cause her thoguhts were interrupted by Van.

He resufed to die and she heard it loud and clear. The grenade went off, shots went of and they began to fun for it. They were almost there, but they were blocked. Van threw one more grnade, a flash grenade. She moved back against the wall as he through it.

Screams were heard after if went off and Van cried out, "GO, GO, GO!!"

All four of them were off as many of the bugs still yelled from obvious pain. Others, not as effected by the grenade came up from behind and tried to attack the group.

Van fired first as he led the group through. The gun's rounds going off quickly. Sam backed Van up, their guns firing simultaneously.

Allen and Trini backed them up getting the random bugs that just wouldn't stay down. Two of them watching each side.

"Hurry up and lets get through, the effects from the flas grenade are beginning to wear off." Van screamed still looking forward picking off a few more bugs.

They seemed to be about 10 feet from the pods as bugs from behind the group seemed to come after the group. Trini turned around, and began to fire as many began to move up the hallway behind the group.

"C'mon, lets get out of here," Sam quickly turned the girl around and they kept moving on their way. They both turned around occasionally picking off a few that got too close.

"We're here," Van quickly opened the door to the pod room and they began to enter, Allen giving them cover fire as Sam and Trini went in. Van continued to fire at the bugs as they moved in closer giving Allen the chance to enter. He stepped in backwards keeping the cover fire and grapping the door to close it.

Thuds and screams were heard as the bugs ran into and began to hit at the door. Sam and Allen were armed looking at the door as Trini and Van locked the latch and stood back.

Trini was more than a bit shook up after that and looked back at the door, gun now in hand. Hoping that this was the end.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=003333][size=1][i]It's been great having you all. I'm sorry to say that this is the end. I hope you all have had as great a time as I have. You're all wonderful writers. Thankyou all for a great RPG.[/i]
---
Allen watched the door heave slightly, bowing inward then shrieking back into shape. Van had dropped his shotgun and had begun bringing up escape pod information and inputing the information. Allen set his own weapon on a table, walking over to Van and placing a hand on his shoulder. He looked up alightly impatient.

[b]Van-[/b] "What?" Allen tried to give him a smile, and opened his mouth to speak.

[b]Bladerunner- [i]"Eight minutes untill self destruct."[/i][/b] The screen Van was working on went red. He jerked his head back down, eyes growing wide.

[b]Van-[/b] "No... NO!" He jabbed the on-screen menu. A small window came up. He read it, his eyes becoming dim, his face sinking.

[b]Allen-[/b] "We wouldn't have had time no matter what. Once the countdown timer is activated, the escape pods shut down. The blast will be so large... We wouldn't survive anyway... I didn't want to..." [i]...say anything[/i]. He bit his tongue on the last of the sentence, not wanting to upset Van. Allen walked slowly to one of the pods and ran his hand over the handle, face blank. Van slumped into a chair.

[b]Van-[/b] "Why didn't you say anything? We still could have escaped..." He rubbed his temples.

[b]Allen-[/b] "I would have had to stay behind. I didn't want to die," he replied in a monotonous voice. Van jumped up.

[b]Van-[/b] "And what about us? Did you think we wanted to die!?" Allen looked down, suddenly very confused.

[b]Allen-[/b] "I... I'm not sure..." He brought his head up looking, pleading, at Van. "I don't know why I didn't tell you... I would've stayed behind... Van... I-" Allen's face went blank. "I wouldn't have stood for it even if I had told you. I'd rather take you all with me than die alone in this hell hole." A soothing hum filled the air.

[b]Bladerunner- [i]"Seven minutes until self destruct."[/i][/b] The hum increased. Allen shook his head distractedly.

[b]Allen-[/b] "What... Van? What just happened?" A shimmer of light slipped into the room through a small vent. Van grabbed his weapon and leveled it at the phenomenon.

[b]Van-[/b] "Stop! Stay where you are!" He pulled the trigger and heard a faint thud. The gun was empty. He had used the last cartridge in the hallway. "Oh no..." The cloud of light shuddered and formed into a human-like shape. Allen stepped forward.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Satell?" She smiled and walked forward, placing her hands on his head. "What're you doing?" She smiled.

[b]Satell-[/b] "You've been inhabited, Allen... Weir slipped a bit of himself into you when he broke your arm. That's why you didn't tell them about the pods. That's why you were unwillful to stay behind." Pain seared his eyes. He had a moment to think that this might not be Satell before a thick black cloud poured from behind his burning eyes. "Get out." The cloud congregated above them and dissapeared in a hiss. Satell began to fade.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Satell... Wait..." She touched his face, the feeling of a brisk summer wind.

[b]Satell-[/b] "I'll see you in a month, Allen." She faded from view, leaving a faint outline of smoke that dissipated into the circulating air of the ship. Allen stood there, not understanding what she had said.

[b]Van-[/b] "Did she say..." The escape pod doors flew open, making Sam shriek and Trini jump. The red menu screen reverted to blue, displaying a launch command. Van stood slowly, carefully made his way to the screen and touched the button.

[b]Bladerunner- [i]"Escape pod launch in two minutes. Five minutes twenty seconds until self destruct."[/i][/b] Everyone stood, unmoving. Allen looked around slowly.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Let's go!" Everyone scrambled. Allen stripped off his shoes, jacket, shirt, and pants, leaving only his boxers and socks on. Trini removed her own shirt and pants, throwing them to the side and running into a pod. Sam followed her, half wearing a pair of pants. Allen ran in after them. Trini layed down in the stais bed. Allen shut it and mouthed 'See you'. She smiled and closed her eyes, the gel filling up quickly. Sam activated his own and jumped in. He gave the peace sign to Allen and closed his eyes. Allen jumped out and shut the door.

[b]Bladerunner- [i]"One minute until escape pod launch."[/i][/b] Van pulled his pants off and jumped into his own bed, sealing it and giving Allen a smile full of glee. He saluted and closed his eyes, the gel washing over him. Allen jumped into his own, hearing the twenty second countdown for the escape pods begin. He closed his bed and breathed deeply. The gel washed over him, feeling a bit like jell-
???
[b]Bladerunner- [i]"Self destruct in one minute."[/i][/b] The feminine voice rang out across the ship, announcing the last minute to the creatures. The beings from another world hunkered down, understanding it was over. They made their way back to the loading bay, scurrying into the gelatenous mound and being consumed. [i][b]"Thirty seconds."[/b][/i] The mound shuddered at the voice.
???
The two escape pods flew through space, unmindful of the explosion only moments away. The oboard computers, usually dormant by now, clicked on. Screens flashed by. Commands were entered at breakneck speeds. The gel hardedned a bit, preparing for the oncoming G's. When the pod had taken off, it had fired it's engines for the normal seventeen seconds, attaining proper velocity for the trip back. But not enough to outrun the shockwave. The computers halted on a password screen. 'Megelani' was typed into both. Seven little * apeared in both password screens. One word appeared on the screens.
Accepted.
???
[b]Bladerunner- [i]"Three... Two... One... Detonation."[/i][/b]
???
The engines of the two escape pods fired, rocketing them through space at nearly seven times the normal velocity.
???
The Bladerunner exploded, sending shockwave after shockwave of blue flame into space. Debris flew in all directions, except the one the escape pods took.
???
Satell layed in her pod as the gel drained. She stood, walked to the small porthole window, and looked out. The Bladerunner exploded in the distance. Satell felt a lurch inside of her. She grimaced, lookng for the escape pods. The stasis bed sealed and pumped another dose of gel into it. Two grey blurs shot by her pod. She smiled, collapsing onto the floor. She held her arm out, the fingertips turned to ash, and drifted down to the floor. In the blink of an eye, her arm had turned sooty grey. It fell apart, drifting to the floor in an elegant ballet of dust. She smiled, thinking of her friends and how she had finally saved them. Saved them from everything. From Weir. From Vincent. From death... Her legs turned a slight shade of grey and collapsed. She fell over, a veil of black dropping over her vision. Her body hit the floor, sending a whirlwind of ash thorughout the small escape pod.
Slowly, the ash dissapeared.
???
[b]Rescue One-[/b] "Search complete, pod is empty. Probaly a malfunction... Rescue two? What's in yours?" Static buzzed idly on the speaker.

[b]Rescue Two-[/b] "Two crew members. Looks like Sam Tiller and Trini Angelos. Both are stable. Rescue three?"

[b]Rescue Three-[/b] "Allen Chubb and Van Ambrose. Both are stable, but Van differs a little from his file photograph... Maybe it's just the bed. Bring the pods in Command." The rescue teams stepped out of the pods and watched the mechanical arms pull them in.

[b]Benjamin-[/b] "Ok guys, get back into the station. We're gonna wake em up."
???
Allen sat up, rubbing his head. Jesus did he have a headache. He coughed up a bit of gel and swung his legs over the edge of the bed, spitting onto the tiled floor. His eyes grew large.

[b]Allen-[/b] "Tile?!" He rubbed his eyes and looked around. Doctors surrounded him. He smiled at them and hugged the closest one. "How's everyone doing? Did they make it?" A rather short man stepped forward.

[b]Benjamin-[/b] "Mr. Chubb, I'm-"

[b]Allen-[/b] "Benjamin Foldy, Commander of the space station Sable. Is that were I am?" Benjamin nodded slowly.

[b]Benjamin-[/b] "Everyone that was in a pod is alive. Mr. Ambrose. Mr. Tiller. Ms. Angelos, and you." He smiled at Allen. Allen shook his hand and smiled back at him, happy to see another person.

[b]Allen-[/b] "What about Satell?" A puzzled look came over Benjamins face.

[b]Benjamin-[/b] "I'm sorry... Who?"
???
In a dark place, pulsing with a crimson light, a man sat. His back against the wall, rocking slightly. Cuts lined his body, leaking small streamlets of blood. Bright blue eyes peeked out from a furrowed, but grinning, brow.

[b]???-[/b] "Not yet... It's not over yet..."[/size][/color]