OtakuBoards

Hellsing

Subversive

Hey everyone, now i'm sorry if this question has already been put forward. I'd like to know what is up with the style in Hellsing changing all the time? The fisrt ep is perfect, but the second is in some weird style. after that it keeps changing even in eps. It will be in one style then, change of shot, and it will be the other and then back to normal (if u can call it that) This most evadent in "Innocent As A Human" near the end Alucards in the weird style then the shot changes and he's in the first ep style, then back to they way it was before. thankfuly the last DVD stays pretty true to the first ep in it's style and consistancy, for me when it is noticable it detracts from the experience. Not to say it is a bad series and should not be watched, personally I love it!!

So can anyone even half answer my question? If so please do, I want to know!!

Thanks, Andy

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your thread with the original Hellsing one- please make sure to check for existing topics using the Official Thread Directory before starting a new one -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really sucks how their budget got cut short, and the series as well. The ending posed a bunch of questions that I need to know. All thought the series isn't perfect when it comes to story and character development, it is still one of my favorites. It has my favorite dub (they actually DO sound English), and my favorite VO, Crispin Freeman. He does really good dubs on Wolf's Rain and Witch Hunter Robin. The animations are really good, too, but of course, its Studio GONZO.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1][QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Albane[/I]
Also, I loved every episode of Hellsing EXCEPT the last one. It just wasn't as good as any of the others.[/QUOTE]
It's always the danger that the final, climactic episode of a series doesn't live up to the expectation built up in fans by the rest of the series. I've known people put off watching the last episode of a series they're really enjoying for months because they're scared it's going to be rubbish and leave a nasty taste in their ... eyes, I guess, souring the whole series for them.

However, I thought the last episode of Hellsing lived up to expectations. [SPOILER]Big apocalyptic-style battles like the one between Alucard and Set[/SPOILER] can often leave a lot to be desired in animated series, but as a half-series the animators presumably had extra time per episode, because it looks fantastic. And I like that it left a lot of loose ends flapping about too - it means you can continue enjoying the series afterwards as you ponder what would happen next. Here's hoping for a sequel!

[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Livingsoul[/I]
...what is up with the style in Hellsing changing all the time?[/QUOTE]
This is even more noticeable in the manga. Alucard changes considerably from volume to volume.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Hellsing is quite an Amazing Anime. It is actually my favorite. The graphics are awesome. The storyline is unique and up to date. I bought the boxed collection a month ago. It was awesome. I really love Hellsing. I have also read the manga and it is also really good. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sea Of Chaos666']There have been rumors flying around latley that there are comeing out with a Hellsing season 2!! I think it might just be a rumor,then again it did have a vary clingiy ending. If anyone has any Information please tell me because I love Hellsing and I want to know. :confused:[/quote]

A season 2 probably won't ever happen, seeing as the anime is totally different from the manga after the Valentine brothers show up (if I remember correctly). They'd have to make something up for a Season 2, [spoiler] or attempt to introduce Millenium, and that'd just be weird since they should'vet come in after the Valentine Brothers (again, if I remember correctly ^^; ) [/spoiler]

Personally, as good as the anime was, it sucks after you read the manga *laughs* [spoiler] I would've loved to have seen Millenium, Pip, or young Walter in the anime T_T Especially Rip Van~ much love for her~ Too bad the only Nazi action in the anime was that one music video/trailer thing >_< [/spoiler]

And, personally, I like how Arucard always seems to be changing XD *laughs* Like mentioned, this is more noticable in the manga (long hair... short hair... white hair... femmy and not too femmy Alucard? O_o but he does look really badass in a suit *heart* too bad that didn't last long T_T)

Hellsing was the @#$%!!!!! I loved it.I hope they continue the anime series to cover the fight with the millenium project and the nazis in the manga.id love to see Alucard fight the Dandy (Manga #3-4) in motion.
As for the dress, isnt it typical of nightmarish creatures to dress that way? Can you think of one well known vampire in movies, anime, or games that dont dress that way. It ias part of thier stereotype.

The Hellsing anime had good action scenes, but, towards of the end of the series, the plot had a lot of potholes in it. Personally, the manga of Hellsing is better because there's more to it and the anime had a few filler episodes in there.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]Hellsing is pretty good and its got some amazing fights in it as well, though by the end i found the story to be a bit lacking. I just needed more clarification. That's why i absolutely LOVE the manga for it, but thats another subject. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by [B]Sensei-San[/B]
[I]"Did anyone notice that Alucard is actually "Dracula" spelt backwards?"[/I][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]This is true, but did you also know that the name "Alucard" was the name of Dracula's son according to some nostfaratu mythology. And the mother was Karmilla Miraluca, also mentioned in the series (and a prominent character in Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust).[/COLOR]

[quote name='boxybrown305][COLOR=DarkRed']This is true, but did you also know that the name "Alucard" was the name of Dracula's son according to some nostfaratu mythology. And the mother was Karmilla Miraluca, also mentioned in the series (and a prominent character in Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust).[/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=blue]Is that so? I always thought they ripped the idea from Castlevania, haha. If you've played Symphony of the Night, you know how cool Alucards seem to be, haha. But the Alucard in Castlevania has a very "noble" air about him. (and yes, I know he first appeared in Castlevania III)

But you see, that's what makes the name so misleading: [SPOILER]Alucard in Hellsing isn't Dracula's son, but Dracula himself[/SPOILER]. The name ALONE was the reason why I didn't figure out [SPOILER]who Alucard really was[/SPOILER] until [SPOILER]the impaling[/SPOILER].

Does the manga give a more sound ending?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I havent actually read that much of the manga, so i'm not sure how it ENDS exactly, but it is pretty crazy (it has Nazi's and stuff in it!).
[/COLOR]
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]AzureWolf[/B]
[I]Alucard in Hellsing isn't Dracula's son, but Dracula himself. The name ALONE was the reason why I didn't figure out who Alucard really was until the impaling.[/I][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]In the end, I was having trouble deciding who Alucard truly was. I knew he wasn't the son of Dracula (he hinted that Alucard was not his original name), but if he were truly Dracula, then how was it possible for him to have ever been restricted?

I was having trouble determining if he was Dracula, the son of Dracula, or possibly Vlad the Impaler...

Vlad the Impaler really did exist. He was a very powerful man in the Mideval time period. He would go around peoples houses, and basically take any man of the house that he didn't like and impale them on long spikes from a decent hight. He was the one who was the basis for the first ever vampire story (officially written was Bram Stroker's Dracula, though there were stories before that...). It made sense to me that Alucard could have been Vlad, what with the "old school" impaling and all. (Though it would make just as much sense if he were Dracula as well...)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]O_o [SPOILER]Vlad is another name for Dracula...[/SPOILER] Why else do you think [SPOILER]Bram Stoker[/SPOILER] based a movie off of him that was titled [SPOILER]Dracula[/SPOILER]?

Also, the impaling thing is what I was referring to. [SPOILER]Alucard, son of Dracula, never was known for any impaling[/SPOILER]. On the other hand, [SPOILER]Vlad the Impaler[/SPOILER] was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the ending scene.[/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf][COLOR=blue] [SPOILER]Vlad is another name for Dracula...[/SPOILER] Why else do you think [SPOILER]Bram Stoker[/SPOILER] based a movie off of him that was titled [SPOILER]Dracula[/SPOILER']?[/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]I havn't heard of Vlad to be another name for Dracula, he was just the man that the stories were based on...

And Bram Stroker didn't make the movie, he wrote the book... like in the 1800's or something. It's his book that the movie is based on, hence the name, Bram Stroker's Dracula.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]Vlad was a Romainian prince centuries ago. He was known for his bloodlust in battle, and I think later he became king. But I heard that he did horendous things during his reign. And was given the nick name "The Impailer" for how he impaled his enemies on long sharp pikes *Spoiler( Like Alucard did to Incognito).
In modern day Romaina, there are very superstitus and relegious people who don't even talk about or go near Vlad's castle. They say it's a place of great evil, and death.
Creepy, huh? I would like to see his castle one day.
Oh, BTW what langauge do they speak in Romaina? Dutch?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

That's odd, I just noticed the Dracula spelled backwards thing after reading this thread. It seems like it should have been so obvious. Anyway, I've only read the first book of the manga but I think it is really good. Rev. Anderson is the my favorite character because Roman Catholic priests usually aren't depicted as being so "bad ***". The "infite" bayonet things and regeneration are awesome.

As for Victoria, it seems that the only purpose she serves is to be the "newbie" in the story so that the creator has a scenario where the main characters can go over info and background that they already know but the "newbie" and reader does not. Of course I've only read the first book so I might be wrong.

I dont think Alucard is this Vlad guy. just cuz he impaled one guy, well six in the manga (Book 3) i doubt hes vlad. it just isnt his MO. Besides u have to remeber that hes not only a Nosferatu but can change into Cerberus ( the 2 headed dog guarding the gates of Hell) rumor from some other forums speak of Hellsing Season 2, but nothing defintie> Any one know anything?
\I have Volumes 1-3 of the manga, and it is great.SPOILER Book 3 hints at Alucard and Anderson teaming up. This autta be good.

• 1 month later...
[Font=Garamond] [Color=Red] I was planning on making a Hellsing thread, but apparently, one was already made, heh. Anyway, I find Hellsing to be a wonderful series [I even used a Hellsing-esque theme for my 'MyOtaku', shows how fond I am of the said series.] . Nice animation, great characters - The problem is that it ran too short, due to what I assume was budget cuts. If it had as much depth as I assume the manga has, than it would've been more worthwhile. I mean, the conclusion left much to be desired, even if it was a nice, apocalyptic battle.

As for Victoria - Personally, I think she's awesome. I can't pinpoint an exact reason - But I just think she's wonderful. And the accent helps, too. As many other people mentioned ? She did a great job of portraying the change from a human, & a vampire. And, for me, she was just plain likable.

But, really, I don't think a sequel or another season would do much good. I'll take my time reading the manga for a more cohesive story. [/Font] [/Color]

[quote name='Subversive']I just saw the first DVD today! I love it, the vampire action is amazing, Its a must see! What do you think about it, I must watch more...[/quote]

I SAW THE WHOLE SERIES AND IT KICKS BUTT TAHTS ALL I GOOTA SAY. :animesmil

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]That's as well as may be, but please try and add more detail in future (and refrain from typing completely in capital letters). Anything that's too short and/or of poor quality will be deleted as spam. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

• 2 weeks later...
Ok for all u diehard fans of Hellsing, and for those who don't know this, but there is a second season to Hellsing. The first one is called Hellsing: Impure Souls and the second one is called Hellsing: Search and Destroy. I dont currently have the second one, but i plan to order it.

A sfor the series, i think it is ranked with the best, both in anime and manga. I feel it blends action and story nicely. Alucard is just wicked, and Ceres can kick ***. In both the manga and tha anime Alucard keeps his stay cool/insane attitude, which is just too sweet.