OtakuBoards

Hellsing

Subversive

Guest WingsOfAFairy
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta]Oh i love hellsing! I own the first 3 manga and volume 1 dvd. It is a good series[/COLOR][/FONT]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='WingsOfAFairy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Magenta]Oh i love hellsing! I own the first 3 manga and volume 1 dvd. It is a good series[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

U have no idea what u're in for, I have all 7 Hellsing mangas that are out now [waiting for 8] and I have both volumes of Hellsing[whole series] waiting for Hellsing Ultimate. I am a huge Hellsing fan so of cousre I've got to have the basics lol :animesmil :D

[quote name='ANBU kunoichi']And I didn't hear anything about this being in the OVA, but I'm praying that it is. Walter ownz! [/quote]

During the end credits of the OVA, the last thing they show is femmy Alucard is that puffy white outfit XD (so cute! *dies*), so I'm guessing it's safe to say Hellsing Dawn is gonna be in there somewhere ^_^

Though I'm not sure why this thread hasn't been merged with the other Hellsing thread O_o since they are so close to being the same?

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I kept the two threads seperate because I thought the OVA should have a different thread from the series. But after looking at the Official Threads Directory, I concluded that you are right and these threads should be merged. So I went ahead and did that for you. ;) -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

Guest otakuzach
You can get the boxset for 10 dollars from [color=red][i]link removed[/i][/color] in english(thats what I did)

[color=navy][size=1]Please don't link to illegal bootleg sites. Thanks.

- Dagger[/size][/color]

• 4 months later...
[COLOR=DarkRed]Yes, Hellsing Ultimate, I heard that it was recently licensed by Geneon and it's supposed to have all the original dub voice actors return. It's supposed to follow along the manga pretty well. I personally would love to see this new Hellsing, but I don't know if it's true. So, I would like for you fellow otaku to help me with this. So, have any of you heard of this new Hellsing?[/COLOR]

It's completely fantastic. The first TV series did practically nothing for me (well, except for Integra... and she ended up being really the only reason I kept watching); it came across as rushed, often cheap, and wholly inadequate to the original material. THIS one, on the other hand, is SO detailed and SO well done as to almost cross over into being superfluous and absurd. You cannot watch it without [I]giggling[/I]. The art is fantastic, all jagged edges and sharp contrasts; the Japanese voice changes, where they're made, are a HUGE improvement (Fumiko Orikasa knocks it out of the park; Seras is actually an incredibly likeable character now!); the fight sequences are budgeted out the wazoo, and it shows (good god, the Alucard/Anderson battle is a thing to see). This is really the kind of thing that us fans of stylized, way over-the-top geek entertainment have been waiting for without even knowing it.

The bad news? It's going to be [I]forever[/I] before they finish this thing up. Ah, well, I guess quality means waiting.

ALSO: if you haven't already heard Wakamoto do Anderson's IF ANYONE DOES NOT LOVE THE LORD speech, might I suggest hearing it [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJOLK1bhEfs][U]dubbed into Azumanga[/U][/URL].

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2]Apparently I heard that this new Hellsing is being directed by the creator of the manga therefore it will follow the story of the manga of course. Also, supposedly he's trying to make it one of the most violent animes EVER!!! Which mean lots of BLOOD and lots of GORE. :D I'd personally like to see this anime beat the violence of Berserk. Oh and one last thing, I read somewhere that this anime should be released in OCTOBER!!! God I sure hope so! :animenose[/SIZE][/COLOR]

For some reason, I thought it wouldn't be released until closer to the end of the year?

I believe the second episode comes out (in Japan) in August, so... *shrugs*

Not sure I would say it's comparible to Berserk in gore level, but it's gotta be pretty close ^^; (I've only seen the first episode though, obviously... so it's hard to say for sure).

Seras is finally portrayed like she should be though ^___^ which is all kinds of awesome. I can't get over Anderson constantly saying "Amen" in mangled english though XD;;; it amuses me.

and I could've sworn there was already a Hellsing Ultimate thread? ^^;;

Guest swift blade
am i the only one or is hellsings new tv show not living up to expectations.The head of hellsing sounds like a guy!alucards voice....lets not go there,other than that its lived up to what one would expect.I mean they made a big deal about it ,and its not makeing the grade.Ii dont know mabey itll get better with time? :animecry: of course now i know it dosent,at least the show the books are a kicking. :D .How ever i could do with out thewhole nazi vampires,just thinking about that gives me the creeps.*shivers* as if they wherent mean already? :animestun
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Seagreen][B]swift blade[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Hellsing thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Seagreen][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Seagreen][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. Also here at OtakuBoards, we greatly emphasize the concept of having clear, easy to read posts. This includes correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation. So please improve your posts. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Ah yes, Hellsing, one of my all time fav's. I really liked Hellsing, I had only a few problems with it. The one I will mention here is that I just thought that it was just too short, I mean, come on, 13 epsiodes? Anyways, I really liked the whole blood and gore thing, and they had a interesting view on vampires. And I thought that the art work was pretty good too, so all in all I think that Hellsing is a pretty good anime. I can't wait till the release of Hellsing Ultimate in the states^^[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=swift blade]am i the only one or is hellsings new tv show not living up to expectations.The head of hellsing sounds like a guy!alucards voice....lets not go there,other than that its lived up to what one would expect.I mean they made a big deal about it ,and its not makeing the grade.Ii dont know mabey itll get better with time? :animecry: of course now i know it dosent,at least the show the books are a kicking. :D .How ever i could do with out thewhole nazi vampires,just thinking about that gives me the creeps.*shivers* as if they wherent mean already? :animestun
[/QUOTE]

Part of why Integra is so great is because she's like a dude (I mean, come one, I can't be the only one who thought she was a guy for like the whole first episode of the original tv series?)

Though I don't see anything wrong with Alucards voice O_o It's the same guy, isn't it? (also, when it finally gets released in English, Crispin Freeman will be back as Alucard... as well as most of the original cast, I think.... Pretty cool ^__^)

It's a bit too soon to pass judgment since there is only one episode out, but I totally heart the new OVA, mostly because I totally heart the manga (and hated the original tv series after reading it ^^; ) I can't wait for the Nazis XD they made better villains than most of the stuff in the original tv series anyway ~_~ Bleh

Though the original tv series didn't really get different until after the Valentine brothers.... so, I'm guessing, the OVA whot get -really- different (though it already has been different enough, in my opinion) until the end of episode two or three... though Pip -should- show up by episode two, which I can't wait for XDDD Yah, Pip~ *heart, heart, heart*

Guest cherrypoison
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]undefined[/FONT][SIZE=2]undefined[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrchid]undefined[/COLOR]Alrighty, I just wanted to ask whether or not people thought Integra was a guy when they first saw the Hellsing series. I am new to it, and I want to finish it before the whole OVA is out. But really, did anyone think she was a guy? I sure as heck did!
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Seagreen]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]cherrypoison[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Hellsing thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=Seagreen][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=37269] [COLOR=Seagreen][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

[QUOTE=cherrypoison]Alrighty, I just wanted to ask whether or not people thought Integra was a guy when they first saw the Hellsing series. I am new to it, and I want to finish it before the whole OVA is out. But really, did anyone think she was a guy? I sure as heck did!
[/QUOTE]

I sorta thought she was a girly guy for a while, yeah XD; but I kept thinking through out the whole first episode "Is that a guy or a girl?" O_O

Though, in both the manga and the new OVA I think her gender is more obvious~ (especially in the manga ^^;;;;; )

*hearts Integra*

• 1 month later...
Guest Neji Yukikaze
I did think that Integra was a guy in the first scene of the manga but after about 5 seconds of thinking "this doesnt click" I started noticing the curves

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, I think everyone would mistake Integra as a guy. One of my buds has a real problem with the fact that she is "Sir" Integra Wingates Helsing. He yelled about the fact that if she were honored, it wouldn't be "Sir" Integra, but "Lady" Integra. :animeswea

[quote name='Shaholl']One of my buds has a real problem with the fact that she is "Sir" Integra Wingates Helsing. He yelled about the fact that if she were honored, it wouldn't be "Sir" Integra, but "Lady" Integra. :animeswea[/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, they got me too. Because I was like, well if she's a woman, then why is[B] she[/B] called [B]Sir[/B] Integra? It doesn't make any sense, and it's a question that I still ponder till this day, too bad nobody knows the answer to this dilemma.....[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
Well I have no idea where the Hellsing OVA thread went so Ill post it here. The Hellsing OVA will be released in December and will retail at $18 US. It however only contains 1 episode running 50 minutes long. Which isnt that bad of a deal. Im looking foward to this one.

• 1 month later...
Just picked up the brand new Hellsing Ultimate OVA DVD, and it is very, very cool. Wasn't too sure what to expect after I heard that the show was going to be reanimated to better resemble the Hellsing Manga books, but it looks great: crisp colors, lots more blood, lightning quick animation. On top of that, serveal storylines have been altered and the plot seems much smoother than the original anime series.
Great bonus material on the second dics that comes with the limited edition collection. There are several TV spots, an exclusive intervew, and several promo videos. You can watch a trailer for the new Hellsing OVA DVD here:
[url]http://www.vsocial.com/index.php?action=2&d=57757[/url]
Does anyone know when the second episode is supposed to be released?
[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]Welcome to OtakuBoards [B]sinister5[/B]

I am moving your thread to the existing Hellsing thread for the following reason: To avoid confusion we ask that you do not create another thread. Please go ahead and post in the current one no matter how old it is. Before you post any thread, please check the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=38208][COLOR=darkred][B]Official Threads Directory[/B][/COLOR][/URL] to see if there is already a thread on that topic. It is also a good idea to perform a forum search on that subject to make sure another thread does not already exist.

Please take a moment to review this sticky on [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55649] [COLOR=darkred][B]How to Post in Anime Lounge[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or another member of the staff.

~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]

I've seen the first two fansub episodes, it's awesome!!
Thus far it's very similar to the original anime, but with more gore, and more action... and a more developed story line.
There's an awesome article about the OVAs in the December issue of Anime Insider, here's a little bit of it taken off the website:
[quote]ULTIMATE TRIUMPH
The men behind ?Hellsing Ultimate? tear into this year?s hottest anime remake

Posted November 13, 2006 12:00 PM

It?s hard to keep a vampire down, particularly when that vampire is the ferocious, gun-wielding Arucard, star of Kouta Hirano?s acclaimed Hellsing manga. And it?s harder still when he?s backed by the year?s most anticipated new anime series, the deliciously reimagined ?Hellsing Ultimate,? which hits this month, just in time for the gift-giving season.

Fans have waited for the grinning vampire?s return to anime since the end of the original ?Hellsing? series, the last DVD of which was released in 2003. While that effort, a 13-episode TV series from Studio Gonzo, drew a following, most agree that it was less satisfying than its source. Hirano?s much-loved original manga, which has reached eight volumes since its 1997 debut, follows the efforts of the Hellsing Organization?s main gun and vampire Arucard as they tried to quell the neo-Nazi Millennium group?s attempts to take over the world. Simply put, die-hard Hirano fans wanted to see more in the anime. More blood, more guns, more of Arucard?s sidekick Seras in her goofier, true-to-the manga incarnation and, most important of all, more of the vicious Millennium-affiliated vampires and werewolves, who never showed up in the original anime.

More is exactly what fans?ll get when Geneon and Studio Satelight unleash the first 50-minute episode of ?Hellsing Ultimate? on these shores this December 5. But if you think you already know the story from the first ?Hellsing? anime, we?re here to show you that the world of ?Hellsing Ultimate? is even darker, creepier and better than anything before it, using some exclusive interviews with Hirano himself and scriptwriter Hideyuki Kurata, and a behind-the-scenes guide to what?s really in store for vampire lovers across the nation.

THE PAST
It?s not often that a creator gets a second chance to show the world what he intended, but that?s what Geneon and Hirano are out to do with ?Ultimate.? After Hirano was reportedly disappointed with the original anime, ?Ultimate? producer Yasuyuki Ueda approached Hirano and convinced him to allow another crack at it, and even put Hirano in charge of casting the Japanese voices.
Of course, we have to give some credit to Studio Gonzo for the original ?Hellsing? series. They meant well, but they were on a tight schedule to produce episodes on time for Fuji Television in Japan, and Hirano just wasn?t pumping out manga volumes fast enough to keep up. So Gonzo had to make up an ending?hence Arucard?s bizarre African vampire foe Incognito. They were also working for a television audience, which?even though Japanese standards are more lax than ours?meant that much of the manga?s gore had to be toned down.
Not so this time. With a much larger storyline to work from, an expanded budget and almost limitless gross-out capability for the straight-to-DVD OVAs, Studio Satelight has really outdone itself?and Japanese fans have noticed. The OVAs have received universally glowing reviews and have sold well in Japan?as they?re certain to do here.

THE PRESENT
The first episode of ?Ultimate? diligently follows the first volume of Hirano?s manga, which highlights Seras ?Police Girl? Victoria?s transformation into a vampire?much like the original TV series. And that?s where the similarities end. In ?Ultimate? we immediately learn how and why Integra released Arucard years ago, and skip to Arucard shooting through Seras to get to a vampire priest, and Seras? subsequent turning (which establishes that virgins become vampires when bitten, while non-virgins become mindless ghouls). Then we jump right into Arucard and Seras?s first bloody head-to-head battle with Iscariot?s crazed, indestructible Father Alexander Anderson and his blessed bayonets; a battle that doesn?t have as decisive an outcome as fans of the original anime would think.
Another of Hirano?s projects, a prequel to Hellsing entitled Hellsing: The Dawn (currently running sporadically in the Young King Ours manga anthology) will also be incorporated into the Ultimate story. It?s set in the fall of 1944, when Walter?Integra?s future butler?is only 14 years old and fighting the Millennium group alongside a strangely young and feminine-looking Arucard (affectionately referred to as ?Girlycard? by fans) in Poland. We can?t tell you just how ?Ultimate? dips into The Dawn, but look for a glimpse of ?Girlycard? at the very end of the first episode.
Geneon?s also going all-out for ?Ultimate?s? packaging by releasing a modestly priced version of the OVA for $24.98, while making a limited edition?which includes an Arucard relief figurine, metallic packaging and another DVD packed with extras?available for $44.98. Fans will also be overjoyed to hear that Geneon managed to retain the original voice actors?Crispin Freeman returns as Arucard, Victoria Harwood continues to bring feminine strength to the character of Integra, K.T. Gray livens up the undead Seras Victoria, Ralph Lister is back as the mysterious butler Walter and Steven Brand returns to make Anderson sound even more insane.?Kara Reynolds[/quote]

The article in the magazine goes on to say that Geneon originally planned to release 2 episodes of the OVA on each disk, but there would have been at least a year between each DVD if they waited for episode 4 to be completed.
Satelight is currently working on the the 3rd OVA to be released in Japan in Feb of 2007, and the 2nd OVA should hit North American shelves sometime next year.
No specifics though, sorry!

[font=Times]I want to see this... But not until I can view it all at once. I have this problem, where I cannot watch a series if I don't have every episode of at least its first season (or in the case of an OVA: the entire OVA series). I need closure.

My buddy has the first episode if I remember, and I smacked him in the face for suggesting that I watch it. >_>[/font]

[QUOTE=Kaze][font=Times]I want to see this... But not until I can view it all at once. I have this problem, where I cannot watch a series if I don't have every episode of at least its first season (or in the case of an OVA: the entire OVA series). I need closure.

My buddy has the first episode if I remember, and I smacked him in the face for suggesting that I watch it. >_>[/font][/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR=Navy]Are you retarded? All of Hellsing Ultimate won't be released until 2009:rolleyes: and its just to good to wait another 3 years.

Anyway Hellsing Ultimate was one of the best animes Ive ever seen. The original Hellsing can't hold a candle to this one. Im glad they kept the same VAs as the original. It has excelent animation. WIth a great amount of detail especially in Alucards guns. The fight between Anderson and Alucard was also awesome. in the original anime it was horrible. But now we have it in its full gory glory. Hellsing Ulitmate is definetly one of the best new anime releases and everyone should watch it immediatly. Since this is the true adaption to the manga. [/COLOR][/B]

• 9 months later...
I did a search to see if anyone had a thread about this already, but i couldnt seem to find one.

So i decided to make one :)

Are there any other fans of this show out there? If so, your thoughts on it?

On a side note, this is my first post lol[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"][INDENT]Welcome to OtakuBoards[B] XxWigglesxX[/B], next time you go to make a thread, try reading this first: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55649"][U]IMPORTANT: How to Post in Anime Lounge[/U][/URL] As well as actually putting some content into your opening post, like what the anime is about and why you yourself like it. Anyway, since there already is a thread on Hellsing I have merged it with the existing one. If you have any questions, simply pm myself or another member of the staff. ~indifference[/INDENT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 year later...
hellsing was a great show and one of the very few shows where i watched the dub.
i found the series quite interesting to watch and i quite enjoyed the vampire theme in it but unfortunately it was a while ago when i watched it so i can't remember much of it so i can't say too much.:animedepr

The OVA is way better than the anime. It stays close to manga and doesn't make up any weird plotlines like Incognito [spoiler](although I did enhoy when Alucard killed him at the end of the anime). [/spoiler] Crispin Freeman as Alucard's english voice over is perfect.

Long live the No Life King.
[SIZE="1"][INDENT][COLOR="Red"]I added spoiler tags for you. Please remember to use them when posting something that would spoil it for someone who has yet to see the show. Thanks. ~Aaryanna[/COLOR][/INDENT][/SIZE]