OtakuBoards

Hellsing

Subversive

[QUOTE] Plus I'm hoping this means that the box set of the original series will become a little cheaper. :p [/QUOTE]

Hellsing is part of signature series so their $15-20 bucks a pop. Theres only 4 DVDs. I suggest you buy them indivudaly(sp?) the boxset is insanely expensive ($110.)
Hope that helps.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Red]wow i didn't know this many people likes hellsing! i only know 1 person who is a fan of hellsing other than myself where i live. I saw the DVDs at a store once but i don't know if my dad will let me buy it. :animecry: So all i can do is watch the episodes on the computer and collect the mangas. :D [/COLOR]

[quote name='Vykk]Hi everyone! I'm a huge Hellsing fan and I was just wondering if anyone has a link to the full trailer for the upcoming OVA. I've seen the short one at [url]www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing[/url'], but I heard that there was a 5 minute long trailer floating around...[/quote]

It's prolly somewhere online, but as far as I know~ you can only see it if you pick up [url=http://www.shonengahosha.co.jp/special/index_hellsing.html]this book thingy[/url] that covers Hellsing Dawn (it comes with a DVD with the trailer)

But I'm probably wrong. (randomly, I think someone sold it on ebay for like $50 O_o )

I watch Hellsing just as much as the next. Matter fact, I'm watching it right now. Favorite character is Alucard. (no doubt) My truest opinion. If there was no Alucard, there's no Hellsing. He made the show for me. Animation is nicely done. I don't really pay much attention to the music. (Outside of the opening and ending themes)

I do have a question though. What exactly is Walter? It's obvious that he's not a human. ^_^

I watched Hellsing almost two years ago via winamp, but I remember I loved it. XD I was watching the second episode and wondering if Integra was male or female. In the end, it all didn't matter! I got smitten with her even though she's female!

I should rewatch it now I have the chance... x3

[QUOTE=Byakuya]I watch Hellsing just as much as the next. Matter fact, I'm watching it right now. Favorite character is Alucard. (no doubt) My truest opinion. If there was no Alucard, there's no Hellsing. He made the show for me. Animation is nicely done. I don't really pay much attention to the music. (Outside of the opening and ending themes)

I do have a question though. What exactly is Walter? It's obvious that he's not a human. ^_^[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about the anime or the manga? [spoiler] In the anime, he's perfectly normal. In the anime however, something recently happened and he's all brainwashed and crazy or something, but we gotta wait for the next volume to really figure out what ^^;;; and I'm not looking up spoilers just to figure that out~ it's prolly online somewhere though.[/spoiler]

I am thinking of cosplaying as Alucard this year at AnimeNext. i have almost everything, I just need the creepy red contacts, the cool hat, and the Jackal and Casull. I need info on how to get the gun replicas. I live in the U.S, so trying to buy the real thing is difficult. If you have any sites that may be helpful to me, please send the sites name to [email][email protected][/email].

As for the walter thing, He's human, theres no getting around that. The thing is ttat he has amazing reflexes and has some issues. In the manga, he's still human, until he gets altered by the mad Doctor, in which he's still human, but he's subjected to mind control.

Guest XIIAxelCrossIIX
Eh, I'm thinking about giving this series a try. I've never been into the whole vampire scene much, I'm more of a "ninja/fantasy/adventuring" type of guy. But I recently watched a pretty cool AMV of it, and I liked how it looked, especially the scenery. I just got into the video game series Castlevania, so maybe that sparked it, but I'll try it nonetheless.

I'll have to wait a bit...I just robbed myself by ordering two Full Metal Alchemist DVDs and a whole bunch of Naruto figurines. :animestun

LIke OMG!!! Hellsing and Vampire Hunter D: bloodlust are sooooooo good and cool. I love them too. You got to read the manga and watch the show ITS SO GOOD!!! They are even making a new series about a new Hellsing Ulimate.

[COLOR=Red]hey. does anyone know when Hellsing volume 8 is coming out? .....or is it already out...? :confused: it's just that i saw summaries of volume 8 at a site somewhere and i thought that it was already released but i didn't find it anywhere. :( i MUST get volume 8! the ending of volume 7 got me so excited about getting the next volume! WHY DID IT HAVE TO END JUST WHEN [spoiler]ALUCARD WAS COMING BACK!!!!!!!![/spoiler] :animecry: [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Cherry blossom4, I added spoiler tags to your post. Next time please use the spoiler tags around any spoilers. Just type something like [COLOR=DarkRed]I can't believe he [.spoiler] asked her out! [/spoiler] [/COLOR] without the period. Thanks -Arvi[/SIZE]

Hello people! lol.
This is some info on the Hellsing show:
The creators of Hellsing are making a new series called Hellsing Ulimate. And in about november or december the first DVD was out in Japan. But this time they are baseing it on the manga because the Hellsing orginal show was made before the manga was ever created. And its going to be really gothic and bloody thean any other show.
Its going to be great!!! Whoever are vampire or gothic lovers you would love these shows. TRUST ME ON THAT! I'm a big fan and i know almost everything about Hellsing, vampires, werewolves, magic, gargoiles, and horror stuff. I would love to give any kind of information about any show and help with things. (I MIGHT give spiolers. lol)
Not to brag. oops.
And the rest of the manga is going to take about 3 more years i think :animecry: . booooohoooo.
Hopefully they dont band this new hellsing show from television. Because they had to do that to the orginal.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Angel, please do not make two threads about the same Anime. I understand that you're talking about a second series, but seein how many people are already talking about Hellsing Ultimate (or Hellsing OVA as one insists) it seems redundant for you to create a new thread about, pretty much, the same thing. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I love Hellsing, it's full of style, both visually and musically. I mean, come on, when I first got it, I was expecting something like dark, horror type stuff, but - wait, what's this?! It sounds almost...like...oh, god. No. Bluesy-jazz? WTF? It took some getting used to, but I think after a while, the musical score just kinda grabs you.

The only problems with Hellsing is that it left off with too many questions unanswered. Questions that you feel would obviously be answered, like 'So who the Hell is this Alucard guy, anyways?' (This is actually discussed a lot, many are of the opinion that from various pieces of evidence Alucard is [spoiler]Vlad the Impaler or one of his descendants[/spoiler]) to things that are simply never explained, like where the Hell Incognito came from, who his master is, etc.

Of course Seras doesn't get a lot of backgroud story, considering the sizeable ammount of screentime she (and her rack...okay, sorry) got. There's the ever present internal conflict about being a vampire, which is covered more extensively than in the manga, but her overall character just seems kinda toned down to me.

My favorite character would have to be Alucard [spoiler]as he was in Integra's memory in episode 10[/spoiler]. He just seems cooler without his coat on, I'm sorry. He seems 'too overpowered' of a character? No, no. He's just freakin' Alucard, that's all. He has a right to be overpowered.

Hellsing and Chobits (some combination, huh?) have to probably be my two favorite animes to date.

[quote name='wayofthewarrior']I NEED INFO ON ALUCARD'S WEAPONRY. I AMGOING TO COSPLAY HIM, AND I NEED THE INFO. :mad: :mad: . GIVE ME THE INFO. one problem, i live in the u.s, and I cna't get the real guns for they are illegal due to gun control laws.[/quote]

What do you want to know?

[B]wayofthewarrior[/B],
almost every post you have made on Otakuboards has been exactly the same. I have warned you in PMs and I am warning you for the last time here. Improve your post quality, and read the rules. If you create spam one more time, you will have to be dealt with.

-Arvi

Sorry, warrior, but don't really know how to help you there. I guess one way is to have a friend who doesn't live in the US (if you have any) buy it and then send it to you? Sorry if this doesn't help, but it's all I've got.

Anyway, I'm glad to know I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one just getting into hellsing. I've seen the entire anime series, and plan to buy the manga series, too. But I have only ever seen 7 of them. Can anybody tell me how many volumes there actually are?

Oh, and as far as Hellsing Ultimate (the next series of Hellsing, for those of you who don't know) is concerned, yes Angel, this series of Hellsing will also be an OVA, about 20 episodes long (how many episodes will be on a single DVD, I'm still not sure of.) This time around, the series will follow the manga more, (I heard the original Hellsing was made when only 2 volumes of the manga was out, making it difficult to follow an unwritten story, which would explain why many people and groups were left out) the production quality will be higher, and each episode, because it is going straight to DVD, will be [B]50 minutes long![/B] :animesmil The American release date for the first DVD is [B]February 10,[/B] and the entire project is estimated to take 3 years.

If you're wondering where I got all this info, there is a link to the site in the Hellsing section of otaku or you can just use this link [URL=http://hellsing.comicgenesis.com/]here[/URL] While you're there, check out the comic.

I belive theres 10 volumes of the Hellsing manga. Theres also supposed to be 2 episodes a DVD of Hellsing Ultimate. I reallly hope they add more thats way to little and can get really expensive.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Ramen_Mido, I edited your post to remove the QUOTE tags for the following reasons.
1. You shouldn't quote an entire post if it's very long, clutters up the boards with repetition.
2. Because you're replying to the post right before yours, it's easy to tell who you're talking to. You don't need to clarify any further.
3. The quote was longer than your entire post! Remember, if you want, you can cut out parts of the post to bring attention to specific points the poster made in his/her post.
This is just to help keep the forums cleaner and less spammy. Thanks. -Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]I got word that the english dub of "Hellsing Ultimate" won't be here until next October. I have no idea who's in it though. Chrispin Freeman better be in it. It would suck if they replaced him with someone else. Freeman IS Alucard!
Am I right?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[quote name='wayofthewarrior']I NEED INFO ON ALUCARD'S WEAPONRY. I AMGOING TO COSPLAY HIM, AND I NEED THE INFO. :mad: :mad: . GIVE ME THE INFO. one problem, i live in the u.s, and I cna't get the real guns for they are illegal due to gun control laws.[/quote]

actually, if you can manage to hunt down one of the kits for his gun (or guns) you -can- get it in the US. They are expensive though. Japanese shopping services can help you. I was gonna do this for the Devil May Cry guns, which were $300 or so (I imagine Alucard's guns are around the same in price, if not more... since I think they are bigger. The site that sells the DMC guns also has the Hellsing guns, but I think they are sold out). Though the one I was looking into was a -kit- and not put together or anything, so I don't know how it would work if it was complete.

And~
Does anyone know anything about the Alucard and young Walter/old walter mini busts? I saw photos of the Alucard one on the official site... is this something you can get when you buy or preorder the DVD? (I've seen them on Yahoo Japan auctions for like $50 or something T_T; I just want to know if there's any other way to get them)

Edit---

[url]http://www.poseidon.co.jp/2F/g-jackal/bj1.html[/url]

[url]http://www.poseidon.co.jp/6F/alucard/ar_1.html[/url]

I decided to not be lazy and looked them up. The Silver gun (Casull?) is "out of print". Jackal (black gun) may still be available (and is 18000 yen, which is around $216)

THANK YOU :animesigh. I was looking for some help. I just kave one question; do you know of a distibutor willing to sell them to me for a reasonable price? I REALL NEED THEM, and mabye you could even help, if you live out of the states and are willing to get a check in the mail for shipping, handling, and purchase of the said materials ;) . It's a fairly simple altercation

[quote name='wayofthewarrior']THANK YOU :animesigh. I was looking for some help. I just kave one question; do you know of a distibutor willing to sell them to me for a reasonable price? I REALL NEED THEM, and mabye you could even help, if you live out of the states and are willing to get a check in the mail for shipping, handling, and purchase of the said materials ;) . It's a fairly simple altercation[/quote]

Because they are hard to find, 200-somethign really is a reasonable price. I doubt you'll really find them any cheaper ^^; they only get more expensive, since they are sorta hard to find (and the silver one is no longer being produced). I also live in the US, and I know [url=http://www.crescent-shop.com/] Crescent Shop[/url] can get you any of the kits off of that website (that aren't sold out, of course). They charge you a fee for getting the item, which I think is 2000 for 10000 yen. This all depends on how hard the item is to find for them also. I don't think they can get complete model guns though... but I think they can send you kits (they told me it was okay when I asked about one anyway).

If you want a cheap alternative, you could buy toy guns and paint them (both to look like Alucard's guns and to hide the orange plug). You can also probably find cosplay places around online that can make the guns for you (this is probably also on the pricey side though... but I can't currently think of anyone who does this).