OtakuBoards

Hellsing

Subversive

[COLOR=DarkRed]If you've been reading along, you'd see that it isnt a second season that their making, but an OVA series. There is no date released for it coming out, and it's not even done in Japan yet, so i'm not sure where you plan to order it yet.

I will most certainly get it as well, it is going to follow along with the manga much better than the snime did. I agree it is a good series, especially the manga, but not the best...[/COLOR]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the manga and the anime is one of my favs. but I do wish there was more of a plot and better character development in the anime. I hope for the OVA Yasushi Ishii will do the music for the soundtrack .

I also want to hear, in the OVA is a return of the English vocal cast. Some people i''ve talked to say they will never watch it in Englsih no matter how good they are, but I think Crispin Freeman as Alucard was incredible. :animestun He fit Alucard almost perfectly. While I did enjoy the Japanese casting, I liked the English version just as much if not a little more. I really wanna see all of them return. :D

love the series. it's probably the only series i like that doesnt have gorgeous or effeminite bishounen running rampant in it.

an ova? now that's something i havent heard about.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, Trigun was... meh. Cowboy Bebop had some of the best English dub ever though! I thought it was better than the original Japanese cast, which isn't too often. I agree that Freeman played Alucard to a tee, but i just don't like the accents. I think that Freeman's voice was better for that kind of role, though, because it didn't really work for me when he was the "evil" Fuma from X TV.[/COLOR]

yeah, there are only a few dubs that i like because the english voice actors did a really great job. normally i only watch the dub if it's the only thing i can watch at the moment ie - cn but most of the time i'll watch the sub version. hai, you can watch hellsing in both the dub or sub version and both are excellent. though i still perfer the sub. and yes i did watch the dub on the action or now eaction channel.

i luv it. the best thing ever. current obsession.i agree, they do dress really weird. the manga is amazing. can you beleive they ran out of money and that's why it just cuts off?(anime)

[quote name='boxybrown305][color=darkred']Crispin Freeman's not bad, but i can't stand the English accent. I can only watch it in Japanese.[/color][/quote]same here.....it drives me insane!

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I merged your two posts together. Try not to double-post in future, please; if there's something else you want to say, you can add it into your first post by using the 'Edit' button. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

[quote name='kitsunekami']i luv it. the best thing ever. current obsession.i agree, they do dress really weird. the manga is amazing. can you beleive they ran out of money and that's why it just cuts off?(anime)[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Yeah, i was a bit disapointed by the lack of story (compared to the manga). However they are in the process of making an OVA series, to expand on the series, and stay much more true to the manga as well. I'm really looking forward to it. :D [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
Since I didn't see any info, I thought I'd share...

OVA is called Hellsing Ultimate, running time is gonna be 35 minutes per episode, and the opening is "Broken English" by Schaft (which I personally think is really cool).

The amount of episodes is still unknown as well... ^^;

but it is going to follow the manga (so far, I hear it's got Rip Van, Nazis in general, and burning London).

Here are a few blurry screen shots... T_T

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23989&stc=1[/img]

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23988&stc=1[/img]

I've got a few more ^^; I can post them later if anyone wants to see (they include Integra, Alurcard, more of Rip, and Ceras).

I can't find any more T_T But I heard several other characters were shown in the trailer.

Not that I know much of anything about this franchise beyond the usual stuff (vampires, Alucard, etc.), but I'm really looking forward to Hellsing Ultimate. It sounds like they're going all-out to make it a more faithful adaptation of the manga, and people's reactions to the trailer shown at AX seem to have been extremely positive. Plus I'm hoping this means that the box set of the original series will become a little cheaper. :p

~Dagger~

Guest blackfeather
Alright, I know this post is old and anyone who may of posted in it will not read this or does not care anymore. But I cannot let a grave injustice to the pages of history and the hard work of the writers, though be they foreign and possibly confused about western history, of Hellsing. So for the sake of anyone who still cares and anyone who may stumble upon this post as I have here is the truth.

Here we go, Alucard the main character of Hellsing if indeed Dracula as the scene where he explains to Incognito that his name is also a puzzle of sorts and the end scene of him implaing Incognito would then also indeed Vladimir III (The Third) Tepes (TSE-pesh) or Vladimir II Dracula. And indeed would be Alucard's "M.O." if you pay close attention to just how much pleasure he gets from killing.

Vladimir III was born of the Hungarian govenor (or lesser king) of Transylvania and Moldovia (modern day Romania) who was a part of a holy order of knights from the Roman Catholic church (yes at this point the Romans had become Catholic and were no longer Pagan) known as the Order of the Dragon. His father was Vladimir II Dracul or Vladimir the Dragon in english. Thusly when his son Vladimir III was born he named him Vladimir III Dracula meaning Valdimir III son of the Dragon. There was some big deal betwen Vlad II and the king of Hungry and the Turkish Ottomon Empire and Vlad III was held hostage by the Ottomons and the Hungarians were very upset about Vlad II not being able to defend his front from the Turks. The end result was Vlad II being assassinated on Hungarian orders, Vlad III being not only released by the Turks but given an army to take back Transylvania from the Hungarian puppet ruler. Its a big how to do about nothing but its in a history book somewhere and can be a very interesting read.

Now after his father's death Vlad Dracula took the spot of govenor Transylvania. During his reign he was in and out of prison for not staying allies with the Hungarian emprie by breaking away and making Transylvania his own kingdom, and when he was in power in Transylvania and finaly set and established with out getting thrown in prison he made the Turks angry by not paying them tribute like his father did.

This is where he earns the name Tepes meaning Impailer. Vlad III was a ruthless, cunning, and blood thirsty man. He did some pretty horrible things, including killing off a large portion of the lower class in his kingdom by inviting them to a banquet, locking them inside, and burning them to death. But he earns the name Tepes from how he would execute criminals and captured enemy soliders. He would gather them all up and have them put on pikes out side his castle. They would all be impaled on long sharpened poles high into the air at the same time and left like a forest of trees. He would then eat his dinner and watch as the bodies would slowly sink down. When the Turks came to invade they happened upon twenty thousand bodies on pikes men , women, and children. So now he was Vladimir the Third son of the Dragon the Impailer. But where does Vampirisim play in?

There were some interesting rumours surrounding Dracula, including that he had made a pact with the devil to live forever, and that he drank the blood of his eneimes to fulfill this pact. He was married to a cousin of the Bathroy family (Elizabeth Bathroy, the woman who bathed in virgin blood to stay young, also a great history figure) which did not help the case of being in leauge with the devil. After his assassination later in life it was rumoured that his eneimes had been slaughtered and drained of their blood, and when they called foul demonic play on the part of Dracula and dug up his coffin to open it they found it empty. These are all rumours of course, Romanians being as superstious as they are.

Anyway, later an Irish writer by the name of Bram Stoker wrote a book about Dracula involving a lot of Vladimir III Tepes von Dracula's life history, such as his wife flinging herself out the window of his castle because she was afraid the Turks would win the invasion, and him impaling people, and being a violently twisted bastard. So we have Dracula, demonic blood sucker.

The point here is, Alucard if indeed based off Dracula is then based off Vladimir III Tepes Dracula. Just see how sick, twisted, and blood thirsty he is. He does have a royal or noble air about him. In the end he does indeed impale his enemy. Now pay attention to this part, when the lightning flashes after Incognito asks him who he is really... and you see the white face with the facial hair... the image is strikingly similar to that of pictures painted and wood-blocked of dear Prince Valdimir III Tepes Dracula. Not to mention that Hellsing is the name of the famous Vampire hunter from Stoker's book though he was not English, he was German. But I suppose Integra does look a little Aryan in nature.

Now being the Anime strayed from the Manga I think this was Genon Writer's way of tying togther the story for a sort of cliffhanger ending giving a deep and dark explenation of the mystery behind the Elder Vampire and No Life King Alucard. Wheather or not this is Hirano-san's true explenation of Alucard's mysterieous past has yet to be seen in the Manga. Perhaps once the Manga and OAV (yes... they are continuing the series in an OAV that closely follows the manga, as I understand Hirano-san was not happy with the results of the Anime) we will know some more of the truth, but I doubt it as almost all Japanese writers like to leave mystery for our minds to play with.

Okay, insanely long post and I apologize. [edit: If you read this an it said Enigma instead of Incognito, I apologize... it's been a long night and I was not thinking clearly]

• 1 month later...
Guest Cerias
ya love Hellsing, I've watched the whole series! Alucard the ultimate vampire ...shweet! I just wish they'd make more of the series >.<

[quote name='Cerias']ya love Hellsing, I've watched the whole series! Alucard the ultimate vampire ...shweet! I just wish they'd make more of the series >.<[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]You wish is gonna come true![/COLOR] :animesmil
[COLOR=DarkRed]A new Hellsing OVA is being made. I'm not sure if they are going to continue after the first anime, or if they're gonna completely remake it. This manga is gonna be just like the manga! It's even being created by the creator of the manga this time, and he's trying to make it one of the most violent animes ever![/COLOR] :animeswea
[COLOR=DarkRed]I've read the manga, and some of the parts that are going to be in the new OVA, and let me tell you, it is going to be BLOODY![/COLOR] :wow:
[COLOR=DarkRed]Unfortunately, there is no talk about a release date, except that it isn't coming out any time soon.[/COLOR] :animecry:

[COLOR=Blue]I heard at Otakon this year, that it's exspected sometime in 2006. When? Maybe around October 2006 at the most. I even got a free "Hellsing Ultimate" mini poster. So in 2006,[/COLOR] "[COLOR=Red]Get ready for another bloodbath, FREAKS!" :)
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Blue]"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
Hi everyone! I'm a huge Hellsing fan and I was just wondering if anyone has a link to the full trailer for the upcoming OVA. I've seen the short one at [url]www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing[/url], but I heard that there was a 5 minute long trailer floating around...

• 1 month later...
[COLOR=Blue] :D This is one of the biggest animes I've been waiting for. I got word of it at the Geneon booth at Otakon, and a free mini-poster. I didn't really regonize the staff on the anime, but the creator o f Hellsing has more say in it, which is great.
The DVD comes out in Japan in December. I do know that it is more based on the manga, so it's going to be darker, more violent, more characters, and whatever is in store for the fans. I estimate the US realese will come out maybe during the Spring, or Summer at the most. I don't care who does the voices, just as long Chrispin Freeman does Alucard. HE [I]IS[/I] ALUCARD!
Oh, yeah. I heard that a prequel Hellsing manga is coming out in Japan, called "Hellsing: The Dawn." It takes place in WWII, back when Walter was known as "The Angel Of Death", and he is partnered with Alucard to fight an evil axis plan.
Does anyone have any idea when Hellsing Ultimate will be here? Or who's going to be doing voices?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue] :D This is one of the biggest animes I've been waiting for. I got word of it at the Geneon booth at Otakon, and a free mini-poster. I didn't really regonize the staff on the anime, but the creator o f Hellsing has more say in it, which is great.
The DVD comes out in Japan in December. I do know that it is more based on the manga, so it's going to be darker, more violent, more characters, and whatever is in store for the fans. I estimate the US realese will come out maybe during the Spring, or Summer at the most. I don't care who does the voices, just as long Chrispin Freeman does Alucard. HE [I]IS[/I] ALUCARD!
Oh, yeah. I heard that a prequel Hellsing manga is coming out in Japan, called "Hellsing: The Dawn." It takes place in WWII, back when Walter was known as "The Angel Of Death", and he is partnered with Alucard to fight an evil axis plan.
Does anyone have any idea when Hellsing Ultimate will be here? Or who's going to be doing voices?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkRed]srry, I don't know when it's comin out in the US, but I DO know that it is comin out December 5th in Japan. And, yeah, the creator of the manga IS the one leading this new anime. I heard he's trying to make this one of the most violent anime EVER! :eek:
That means he's gonna have to try and beat Berserk. I read a description of a part in the anime which is exactly a part from the manga. Where Alucard stabs some werewolf lady to a wall with her own gun, rips her throat open with his fangs, and drinks her blood pouring on the floor. Also, the part of the nazi sign painted on the boat in blood is going to be in there, And much more! :faint: I don't know about you guys but that has "Most violent anime ever" writen all over it! :wow:

I also think Chrispin Freeman should be the voice of Alucard, cuz that has the best dark voice, and was awesome with the voice in the original anime.
Oh, and does anyone know if Hellsing Ultimate is going to take place at the beginning, or if it is going to start somewhere else?[/COLOR][/FONT] :animestun[/SIZE]

Ultimate is including the dawn, which I believe is the first volume. At least the ad in young king ours showed young Walter, so it's fairly likely. Beyond that on the starting point I can't really help you, just remember that the anime differed from the manga from episode 1 on, and that the story was completely different from episode 7 onwards. They may decide to do a more faithful run on the earlier chapters, although in my opinion the first episode is superior to the first chapter of manga which rushes too much. Perhaps the creater will be going back to the storyboards, since if he is in charge of the series, it will be the canon.

The trailer shows some of the current (volume 9) storyline. That section is pretty hot.

• 1 month later...
Great anime. Arucard, Seras , Walter, and Palidn Alexander are all awesome chacters. It has insane action and a great plot. I just finished the anime great series but I was dissapointed with the final Arucard vs Incognito fight. I wish they kept it straight up gunslinger style. To rate the series Id give it a 9 if the ending wasnt so dissapointing and it was longer it be perfect.

I think there are two ways to say it, you can either say Alucard or Arucard, it will mean the same person, or in this case chsracter. Anyway, it doesn't matter how I say, they both sound the same when I say them lol :D

I have only three DVD's I'm still hunting the last one down....lol :D

Hello, :animeshy: i can't believe you just saw the first dvd. ;) I loved it too. Alucard is like my life okay thats too much credit but hes like my favorite character ever! :animesmil But i can't :animecry: watch it because my mom didn't like it :animecry: because she saw me watching it but its still a great show. Just like Vampire HUnterD:Bloddlust. Now they are even making a new series based on the manga. Its really cool if you read the manga. It is the best ever. But it cost like $14.00 dollars. But its worth it I know that :catgirl: .LOL. :animestun But its get confusing at times.