OtakuBoards

Hellsing

Subversive

Hellsing was good but the ending needed a lot of work. The story just ended out of nowhere and the ending had nothing to do with what the anime was originally supposed to be about. That left way to many questions unanswered. I will admit the ending was very well done. I just wish they had finished the story better.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=GTK]Because they are hard to find, 200-somethign really is a reasonable price. I doubt you'll really find them any cheaper ^^; they only get more expensive, since they are sorta hard to find (and the silver one is no longer being produced). I also live in the US, and I know [url=http://www.crescent-shop.com/] Crescent Shop[/url] can get you any of the kits off of that website (that aren't sold out, of course). They charge you a fee for getting the item, which I think is 2000 for 10000 yen. This all depends on how hard the item is to find for them also. I don't think they can get complete model guns though... but I think they can send you kits (they told me it was okay when I asked about one anyway).

If you want a cheap alternative, you could buy toy guns and paint them (both to look like Alucard's guns and to hide the orange plug). You can also probably find cosplay places around online that can make the guns for you (this is probably also on the pricey side though... but I can't currently think of anyone who does this).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but i need to know, is it 2000 yen per 10000 yen? Also, which state is this shoop in? And furthermore, which state are you in!? And if you have the number for the place, could you give it to me? I might want to buy it from them.

[QUOTE]Hellsing was good but the ending needed a lot of work. The story just ended out of nowhere and the ending had nothing to do with what the anime was originally supposed to be about. That left way to many questions unanswered. I will admit the ending was very well done. I just wish they had finished the story better.[/QUOTE]

I agree Kuai. It was well done, but it left too many questions unanswered if you ask me. They are following the manga from beginning to end for Hellsing Ultimate, (which, like I said before, they could not do with the original Hellsing because it was released in Japan when only 2 of the manga were out, making it difficult to follow a then non-existant storyline, resulting in the anime ending leaving many questions unanswered.) so it should explain a lot more.

As for your question on the mini busts, GTK, I know that the Japanese limited edition DVD of Hellsing Ultimate comes with an Alucard bust, (I don't think you need to pre-order it), but I don't know if it's the one you're looking for. Do you think you can post a picture of it so I could tell you? As for the young Walter/old Walter busts, I have no idea where to get them, nor have I ever seen them. Maybe you have a choice between the three with the DVD? I didn't see anything about it coming with a Walter bust on the site, though. I'm not sure of what the price is, either. I would guess $ 34.95 American? This is just a guess, though. I'm really not sure. I wish I could help you more. Sorry.

[QUOTE=Howlingvampire4][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkRed]srry, I don't know when it's comin out in the US, but I DO know that it is comin out December 5th in Japan. And, yeah, the creator of the manga IS the one leading this new anime. I heard he's trying to make this one of the most violent anime EVER! :eek:
That means he's gonna have to try and beat Berserk. I read a description of a part in the anime which is exactly a part from the manga. Where Alucard stabs some werewolf lady to a wall with her own gun, rips her throat open with his fangs, and drinks her blood pouring on the floor. Also, the part of the nazi sign painted on the boat in blood is going to be in there, And much more! :faint: I don't know about you guys but that has "Most violent anime ever" writen all over it! :wow:

I also think Chrispin Freeman should be the voice of Alucard, cuz that has the best dark voice, and was awesome with the voice in the original anime.
Oh, and does anyone know if Hellsing Ultimate is going to take place at the beginning, or if it is going to start somewhere else?[/COLOR][/FONT] :animestun[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=2] [FONT=Arial] INDEED!! It's absolutely WONDERFUL isn't it?! The werewolf chick you mentioned is actually a vampire huntress named Rip Van Winkle...that's okay though there are a lot of people that get her and another character by the name of Schrodinger(whom is actually a sort of werecat thing) confused. Don't know if I spelled Schro's name right or not...It's German. Yea. ^_^ Gettin' a little off point... I can't wait for Ultimate to air in America. I'm all tied in knots waiting for it!!![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ANBU kunoichi]
As for your question on the mini busts, GTK, I know that the Japanese limited edition DVD of Hellsing Ultimate comes with an Alucard bust, (I don't think you need to pre-order it), but I don't know if it's the one you're looking for. Do you think you can post a picture of it so I could tell you? [/QUOTE]

[url=http://rinkya.com/twview.pl?URL=http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g40117207] Piccy here~[/url] Yah for Y!J XD *dies*

The Alucard mini bust I was talking about is indeed the one on the Hellsing Ultimate website ^^ Thanks for the info~ I may have to try and hunt down a place that sells the DVD now *shot dead* I'd only seen the Walter one for sale on Y!J though... It's 5,180 yen, so maybe if I wait, they'll get cheaper XD; (as far as I can tell from the auction, the Walter bust isn't released until may? or maybe I'm reading it wrong? )

wayofthewarrior---

It's 2000 for 10000 yen, and 20% of whatever over that. If it's 20000 yen or over, it's 4,000 yen for the 20000 and then 15% of the remaining value. ([url=http://www.crescent-shop.com/] here's the website for Crescent Trading again[/url]. You can only deal with them online. I believe you need to register on their site and ask them questions about what you what through a sort of email/message board system. I never ordered gun kits from them, since I ended up spending the money on rent, but I have ordered other things from them in the past and they are great to deal with ^_^ . And, for the record, I live in Indiana.)

Actually, the one that comes with the OVA is slightly different. [URL=http://www.geneon-ent.co.jp/rondorobe/anime/hellsing/popup/figure.html]Here's[/URL] a link for a picture of the bust I'm talking about. And about the Walter one, that's my first time seeing it, so I wouldn't know where you could get it cheaper. And if you're reading it wrong, I can't really help you there, either. ::cries over the fact that she can't read Japanese:: :animecry: Sorry I can't help you with the Walter one.

[QUOTE=Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue]I got word that the english dub of "Hellsing Ultimate" won't be here until next October. I have no idea who's in it though. Chrispin Freeman better be in it. It would suck if they replaced him with someone else. Freeman IS Alucard!
Am I right?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Red]
[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]According to the information I found Chrispin IS playing Alucard in Ultimate. From what I read Integra and Seras' voice actors will be the same as well. Now as long as they don't change thier minds btwn now and then we will ALL be happy! ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Hey folks,
A word on [b]Post Quality[/b]. Remember to keep the post quality UP. One sentence phrases that don't add to the conversation that amount to "I don't know" don't really add to the conversation and make the boards messy. Please try to refrain from this in the future.

To answer your question ANBU kunoichi, the voice of Pip Bernadotte will be played by Hiroaki Hirata. If you go to AnimeNewsNetwork.com there is an encyclopedia with information on voice actors and cast members of many (if not most) anime out there.

-Arvi

Thanks, but I was actually hoping to know who might be his English voice actor. I know it's probably WAY too early to be wondering this, considering that this isn't even out in Japan yet, but I was curious whether anybody heard anything or not. Guess I should have been a little more specific about that. Thanks anyway! :catgirl:

No idea, sorry. I usually just use google, yahoo, or some other sort of image search engine. If you do happen to come across a good site, can you post it up here? Thanks!

Heh heh heh heh...

The time has come...

After years of waiting, the time has finally come...

THE OFFICIAL OVA RELEASE OF HELLSING ULTIMATE...

...in Japan...

WHY COULDN'T I LIVE IN JAPAN! :animecry:

Well, congrats to those in japan who can actually get it, i guess... :animeangr

[quote name='Ms.BakuraIshtar][COLOR=Red][SIZE=2] [FONT=Arial] INDEED!! It's absolutely WONDERFUL isn't it?! The werewolf chick you mentioned is actually a vampire huntress named Rip Van Winkle...that's okay though there are a lot of people that get her and another character by the name of Schrodinger(whom is actually a sort of werecat thing) confused. Don't know if I spelled Schro's name right or not...It's German. Yea. ^_^ Gettin' a little off point... I can't wait for Ultimate to air in America. I'm all tied in knots waiting for it!!![/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Red]i thought Rip Van Winkle was a vampire. and by the way i've seen some pics of hellsing ultimate at a site. only the first episode though. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[quote name='Leofski'] . They may decide to do a more faithful run on the earlier chapters, although in my opinion the first episode is superior to the first chapter of manga which rushes too much. Perhaps the creater will be going back to the storyboards, since if he is in charge of the series, it will be the canon.[/quote]

Yeah I agree the first part of the manga was way to rushed. They didnt give it enoguh time.

In some cases the anime is better than the manga but the manga still reigns supreme. For instance the fight with Father Anderson was so short and slow I almost cried. In the manga the battle was downright bloody and brutal. The fights were much better done in the manga.I feel Alucard didnt get enoguh fights in the anime which was another huge letdown. Im sure Hellsing Ultimate willl be great and surpass the anime.

[quote name='cherry blossom4][COLOR=Red']i thought Rip Van Winkle was a vampire. and by the way i've seen some pics of hellsing ultimate at a site. only the first episode though. :catgirl: [/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=2]
[FONT=Arial]Rip Van Winkle[I] [B]is[/B][/I] a vampire...I said she was actually a 'vampire' huntress...sorry if I wasn't very clear on that one. Mmmmm...there are a lot of people who believe she is a werewolf. I was trying to clear that little misconception up. Again I'm sorry and I will try to be clearer next time.

Does any one know the 'exact' date that Ultimate will air in America? I heard from somewhere that it was supposed to be in October but I'm not sure if that is accurate or not. Have they even decided on a date yet?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

The site I've been going to hasn't mentioned anything on the American release. In fact, it has only been out in Japan for a week, (it came out Feb. 10th) so it may be a little too early to think about it coming to America. But I'll check anyway. :catgirl:

About Hellsing: The Dawn, I'm pretty sure that the manga's been out a while. And you are right, Dragonboym2, it takes place during WWII, and stars young Walter. Not to mention a, how should I put this, rather feminine-looking Alucard. And I didn't hear anything about this being in the OVA, but I'm praying that it is. Walter ownz! Maybe not as much as Alucard or Integra, but he still ownz!

As for him being called the Angel of Death, I always thought that was a nickname he earned while working for the Hellsing Organization. Then again, that was just an assumption, so I may be wrong. Maybe I'll check that, too...

About the American voice actors, they're going to be the same, so we really don't have anything to worry about there, besides the manga characters, I mean. Speaking of which, if anybody happens to know who will be voicing Pip, can you please let me know? Thanks! :animesmil

::feels like such a geek for knowing so much about Hellsing:: :animeknow

i've never heard about this? a sequal to hellsing???? wooooooooo :catgirl: :catgirl: :catgirl:

[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]lady_liege,
Next time, to try to keep your posts from being moderated, try to improve your spelling and grammar. Also, if your posts are short to the point that they don't add to the conversation (like this one) it might be best to reconsider posting or at the very least taking a little extra time to assure the content of a post.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods.
Thanks
-Arvi[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

Has anyone else seen the first episode of Hellsing Ultimate, or am I the only one? ^^;;;

[spoiler]I thought it was amusing that they tossed Dawn Alucard at the end of the credits XD everything is all dark and then you've got girly alucard is his cute white, fuzzy hat *squeee*

It was defiantely better than the original anime, but now I'm all sad cause the first episode was pretty much like the first 3 episodes of the original anime only way cooler and more like the manga (covering the priest vampire/Ceres becoming a vampire through the first run in with Anderson)... I did sorta like how they made points funnier, like the in the manga... there was this crazy dream sequence and I kept expecting to see Harconnan (sp?), but alas! Not yet *laughs* maybe it'll show up later~

T_T waiting for stuff that is truely different is gonna sorta suck *impatient*
[/spoiler]

I still totally loved it and probably watched it 4 times the first day I managed to snag it X3

[COLOR=Red]hehe i just saw Hellsing Ultimate episode 1!!!!! :p YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! but it's in japanese with no subtitles though...but still it was SOOOO COOOLLLLL!!!! hey if you want me to give you a link just ask! just PM me, there's a lot of hellsing ultimate episode 1 episodes some of them have subtitles. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

Guest mllrygoddess14
[quote name='Subversive']I just saw the first DVD today! I love it, the vampire action is amazing, Its a must see! What do you think about it, I must watch more...[/quote]
[FONT=Arial Black]i saw it on the action channel its a great anime if any of yall have myspace i have the ending song(shine by mr.big)[/FONT]

[COLOR=Blue]I just saw the first episode of "Hellsing Ultimate". Wow. It was better than I thought it would be.
Yes, they are starting over from the begining. It seemed a little more like the manga, and the art style had a more creepy vibe to it.
Oh, you can see it for yourself on this website [link deleted by moderator].
Trust me, you'd enjoy it.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed][INDENT]Dragonboym2, please keep in mind that the propagation of illegal or copyright material is not permitted at Otakuboards and considered spam. Please refrain from posting links to sites that do so in the future. -Arvi[/INDENT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I saw the first episode, too. And I must say... it... is... AMAZING! The ghouls are scarier, everything's darker, and it just all around rocks! And I must say, although I've had my doubts before, I am now 100% positive that all of the Hellsing characters are pimps! (long story, which involve Alucard as a stoner, many pimp slaps, and Andersong the Holy Pimp of Iscariot. Don't ask... :animeswea) My fangirlish rantings aside, if you were disappointed by the original Hellsing, you won't be this time around.

More news! The second episode is thus far sceduled to come out September, and the American dub of the first episode is scheduled for October. Lots of waiting for us Hellsing lovers. :animecry:

[COLOR=Red]i've already given someone a link to hellsing ultimate episode 1. but Ramen Mido convinced me into giving the link for this thread (which i don't mind at all) so i will:

try: [B][Link Deleted By Moderator][/B]

i have more links. but just to let you know you need Micromedia Flash Player 8 installed to see it. i don't really know how to install because my dad installed it for me when i wasn't home. but i'll ask him how he installed it. just PM me if there's something wrong. [/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][INDENT]Cherry Blossom4,
Posting threads/posts with the intent of selling, distributing or advertising copyrighted materials is prohibited by OtakuBoards. We do not offer any trading post services at OtakuBoards.com. Furthermore, posting links to illegal ROMs, full episodes of movies or any other such material is unacceptable.

Please read the rules before continuing to post. Members who violate the rules, like you did here, are potential candidates for a ban. -Arvi[/INDENT][/SIZE]