OtakuBoards

.hack//TRUTH

DDG

[size=1]Kayla let out a yawn and scratched her head as her alarm clock continued to blare louder and louder as each second passed. She sat up and smacked the off button on it before glancing over at her calendar. She read the day quickly and was about to jump out of bed when she took a double take.

[i]June 4th, 20XX[/i]

Her eyes widened as she read the small print she had written inside the box for that day.

[i]Phase 5: Gorre[/i]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Today? We're fighting Gorre TODAY?"[/COLOR] she mumbled to herself before standing up and plopping herself down into her computer chair. She turned on the computer and stared at the blank screen as it started up. She rubbed her eyes slightly and grinned as she remembered what her mother had finally allowed her to get the other day: cable internet.

[i][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Thank god,"[/COLOR] [color=indigo]she had said to herself as her internet ran even faster than it had before with DSL.[/color] [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Now 'the World' will run even faster for me!"[/COLOR][/i]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Yay! Its finally ready!"[/COLOR] she said exhuberantly and then double clicked 'the World' icon before placing her Neuro Goggles on her head and grabbing the controller.

[color=purple]---Net-Slum---[/color]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Alright Helba, is everything ready for today?"[/COLOR] Kayla questioned as she walked around Net Slum with Helba; it would still be a few more hours before anyone else would be up and logged into "the World."

Helba smiled. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Yes; with Balmung now helping out in replacement of Pig Head for the time being, things have gone smoothly."[/COLOR] Kayla frowned slightly for a moment before responding. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Pig Head is necessary for the proposition in the Epitaph to be fulfilled, correct?"[/COLOR] she queried to which Helba replied, [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Yes, that is true. But I'm hoping that he'll come around...eventually."[/COLOR] she mischieviously smiled at Kayla before warping out. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Hey, wait, what do you mean by that...?"[/COLOR] Kayla laughed to herself. [COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]"Maybe she has something up her sleeve...you never know with Helba."[/COLOR][/size]

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Arial][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki lay miserably in her bed, eavesdropping on her mother. [i]Its a shame I can't hear who this guy is or what exactly he's saying. God, I've never heard mom giggle, not even when dad was around...[/i]She thought with disgust. Her mother had been recieving phone calls once every morning since Balmung had been hired as a System Administrator. Katsuki sighed and pulled herself into her computer chair. "How can I fight Gorre when I'm so distracted?" She asked herself quietly before clicking on "The World"'s icon and putting her Neuro Goggles on.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][i][u][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]Net Slum[/color][/size][/font][/u][/i][/center]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=royalblue]Sakura walked around Net Slum for about ten minutes, sorting her thoughts. "What'll I tell dad...?" She thought out loud. "Tell me what?" Asked a voice from behind her. Sakura had been so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't realize that she was being tailed by Komo. "Trust me, you don't want to know..." Sakura replied sadly. "Tell me or I'll ground you." He said sternly. Sakura sighed and explained the situation.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=royalblue]"You're right. I didn't want to know." Komo sighed. "Oh well. You're mother is stubborn, but she is smart. She'll make the right choice sooner or later. By any chance you know who this guy is?" He asked. Sakura giggled. "No, but you are as jealous as a teenager." She stated. Komo smiled. "I guess I'd have to agree with you there. Besides, I can't help it. I've known your mother since 6th grade. And this guy probably bumped into her in a coffee shop, then noticed the missing ring and the tan line, then decided to hit her on the rebound. Its infuriating, you know?" He asked.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Sakura giggled again, but gave her father a hug. "I know how you feel. I hate the fact that she's redating so soon. And the fact that she won't believe me. Believe me about you...you still being alive." She muttered. Komo cupped Sakura's chin in his hand. "Now is not the time to worry about this. We have to fight Grey, or whatever his name is soon." He explained seriously. Sakura laughed. "Gorre, Dad. Gorre. Lets go find Kayla. We can ask her the Keywords to the area, if she can come over tonight, and if she knows how to tap phones." She said. Komo laughed as well, and they wandered around Net Slum together, laughing like a couple of idiots.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]-------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Mwahahaha!!! Few know who this mystery man is, but when you find out, you will be shocked, disturbed, yet rolling on the ground laughing![/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1]As she heard laughing, Kayla glanced over in the general direction of the noise. She spotted Komo and Sakura as they walked towards her, chuckling uncontrollably about something. Kayla frowned slightly, not seeing how Komo and Sakura could be laughing on such a serious occasion. Then a though occured to her, that she and Sakura had made various jokes during Phase fights to cheer everyone up. [i]Well, laughter is the best medicine...so maybe jokes are a great way to keep everyone high-spirited and still willing to fight until the end...[/i]

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"Komo, Sakura! Over here!"[/color] Kayla shouted out, waving at the two. She stood up as the two ran over and greeted her. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"When're we going to fight Gourde?"[/color] Komo questioned. Kayla snickered. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Gorre, Komo, Gorre. Just as soon as everyone gets here Helba will give us all the keywords to Gorre's area.[/color]

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"How long do you think it'll take everyone to get here?"[/color] Sakura queried. Kayla responded in a dull tone. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Who knows...it could take hours..."[/color] Sakura sighed. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Well, what're we going to do 'till then?"[/color]

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"How am I supposed to know?"[/color] Kayla responded and turned around as she heard a few people warping in. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"Welcome, to Paradise!"[/color] she greeted the group as Helba would do. Just as soon as she had finished speaking, she stepped back and put out her wand in front of her. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"State your business."[/color] she demanded.

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"We're just here looking for illegal players..."[/color] The head of the group stated. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"New System Administrators, then?"[/color] Kayla responded.

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"Something like that. We're a group of System Administrators similar to the Crimson Knights, only with more power inside 'the World.' Our first and foremost course of action is to search and destroy illegal players."[/color]

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"Well, then you've no business here. No players here are, as you say, illegal."[/color] Kayla snapped at the leader.

[color=DarkSlateBlue]"Shall you ever run into such a player then, make sure you report them to me, Kamui of the Cobalt Knights, immediately."[/color] Kamui said before warping out with the rest of the Knights. Kayla turned around and faced Sakura and Komo. [color=DarkSlateBlue]"More System Administrator idiots to deal with...shall we have some fun?"[/color][/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=royalblue]"Cobalt Knights? Sounds like competition for Knighty." Sakura said before shaking her head. "No, these guys look serious. I think it would be best if we were on our 'best' behavior. We should stick to messing with the Crimson Knights. Lets ask Balmung later on. And Knighty. They'll know." She answered. Kayla nodded. "Yeah, you're right. We should only play when we know the game, sorta speak." She agreed.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Komo looked at the two. "Well, if you're going to ask them, well there they are. I'll wait here, I'm pretty uninterested in the whole thing. Later honey." He said, pointing down the street to two players who were in deep conversation. "Later dad." Sakura answered before running at Kayla's side to approach Balmung and Sliver Knight. "Hey! Have you two heard of Kamui and the Cobalt Knights? They say they're a group of System Administrators like the Crimson Knights but only with more athourity. So, who else better to ask than the leader of the Crimson Knights and a System Administrator?" Kayla asked.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]The girls looked closely at the two. Balmung was scratching the back of his head and blushing slightly, and giving an absent-minded look while the Silver Knight was shaking and was red with anger. "Yes, we know who they are. The Cobalt Knights have made it clear to me and Lady Subaru-Sama that the Crimson Knights are to disband immediately and leave all puruit of illegal characters to them. They made us give all the information on players who have broken the rules prior to this and I mean [i]all[/i] the players. That includes you two." The Silver Knight said, seeming ashamed, furious, and sorrowful at the same time. Kayla let out a low whisle. "So much for laying low. And I thought Kamui stumbled into Net Slum by accident." She said.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Balmung's attention snapped to Kayla. "Kamui?! She was here?!" He asked. Sakura supressed a giggle. "Why are you so enthusiastic, Balmung. Does Pig Head II have a crush?" She asked in one of those tones of voices adults use when they're talking to infants. Balmung blushed but merely turned his head in 'disgust.' "I haven't ever heard such a false statement! That's completly absurd!" He said. Kayla laughed. "Men! For Pete's sake, man! Us girls have a talent for these things! It's completly ovious [i]you [/i]like [i]Kamui[/i]. Now tell us what you know about her and her organization!" She demanded. Balmung sighed and but quickly warped out of Net Slum.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]"Meh, let Lover Boy go. We're bound to run into him later. In any case, can you come over, Kayla? Kite's going to pick us up, and your house is the one farthest from his, so it would only make sense that you should stay at my house to save him the gas." Sakura said, then in a low whisper she added, "and you can also help me figure out who my mom's going out with before its too late." Kayla laughed, and Silver Knight gave them dirty looks. "What's so funny?" He asked suspiciously. "Nothing!" Sakura said quickly, darting her eyes left and right. "Her mom's going on a date tonight, and she's trying to figure out who this mystery man is." Kayla explained. Silver Knight gave a dissaproving shake of the head before warping out himself.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]"Haha! You're mom's going on a date!" Teased somehow from behind the two girls. "You better shut up before I ararange you a date to the hospital!" Sakura shouted back, swiping her swords at Sora, who was right behind her, then suddenly in front of her. "You're too slow! What's wrong? Kayla used Dek Do on you?" He asked. Sakura laughed. "Since when do you know what Dek Do does? You're horrible with spells!" She said. Sora started to talk while dodging Sakra's attacks. "So...Kayla....when....are....we....fighting.....Gorre?" He asked in between attacks. "As soon as Helba and everyone else gets here." Kayla replied, watching the two spar.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]"They're really wierd, aren't they?" Elk asked as he stood next to Kayla. "Yeah. They sure are. I bet you they're gonna get wierder on the road trip." She said. "Anyone up for a game of Shogi while we wait?" Kayla called out. Sakura and Sora stopped their battle and looked at Kayla. "Shogi? Are you sure?" Sakura asked with a devilish grin. Sora looked at the two girls with a puzzled look. "I'm not quite sure....how to play shogi...." He said while Sakura ran up to Kayla with eagerness flowing out of her.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]------------------[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#000080]Horray! Horray for Shogi! In case you didn't know (but you really should) Shogi is Japanese Chess.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]"Hah! Checkmate! You lose!"[/color] Kayla called out for the eleventh time in a row. Sora put his head in his hands and shook his head. [color=darkslateblue]"I don't like this game...can't we play something else?"[/color] he questioned and Sakura laughed. [color=darkslateblue]"Why would we do something like that? This game's the best game ever!"[/color]

[color=darkslateblue]"But I'm horrible at it! Why can't we play something that I'm good at?!"[/color] Sora complained.

[color=darkslateblue]"Because we don't want to play anything else, so that's that. End of discussion."[/color] Kayla stated before glancing over towards the sound of someone warping in. [color=darkslateblue]"Oh, hey, Kia! You here to wait for everyone else to arrive so we can fight Gorre?"[/color]

Kia smiled. [color=darkslateblue]"Yeah, I guess. I was also kind of..."[/color] she stopped speaking for a moment before smelling the air. [color=darkslateblue]"Is that Aromatic Grass I smell?"[/color] she questioned the group. Kayla lifted an eyebrow. [color=darkslateblue]"Yeah, it is. I was saving some to give to Mia, why do you ask?"[/color] she asked Kia.

Kia grinned. [color=darkslateblue]"I want it."[/color] she said with a gleam in her eyes. Kayla frowned slightly. [color=darkslateblue]"I'll give you some of it if you'd like---"[/color] Kia pulled her blades out and threatened Kayla. [color=darkslateblue]"No, I want all of it."[/color] Kayla shook her head as Kia charged at her, slashing her blades in an attempt to PK Kayla.

Kayla blocked as many hits as she could with her staff but Kia didn't seem to be tiring. Her stamina seemed to be increasing and she wasn't giving up on getting the Aromatic Grass. Finally, Kayla had a few moments in which she shouted out a spell. [color=darkslateblue]"Mumyn Lei!"[/color] Kia's eyes drooped and she fell over to the ground in a deep slumber.

Sakura shouted over to Kayla. [color=darkslateblue]"You ok?"[/color] Kayla nodded, displeased at the fact that even her best friend hadn't even tried to help contain Kia. Sakura offered no reasoning to not helping, other than that it was "quite humorous to watch." Kayla pushed the fact out of her mind and glanced over as a few others warped into Net Slum for the fight with Gorre.

[color=navy]OOC: I hope you don't mind what I did with Kia, Wave_of_Death. If you have any objections just tell me and I'll change it.

Also, the next person to post may start the fight with Gorre if they wish.[/color][/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=royalblue]Sakura growled as she healed Kia. "Come on!" She said angrilly to her. Kia nodded and followed Sakura as she started to walk down the alleys of Net Slum. Finally, when the two were away from the ever growning crowd of players, Sakura gave Kia a death glare. "What the hell are you thinking, trying to PK Kayla? And over something so stupid as Aromatic Grass! Don't you remember your promise?!" She shouted. Kia glared back at Sakura with equal intensity. "My promise was I wouldn't do it again until I was stronger. I'm stronger! And Aromatic Grass isn't stupid!" She yelled back.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]The two began to have a stare-down. "Whatever. Kia, its ok when me and Sora do it. We're known for it. Its our proffesion, sort to speak. And even Kayla's done it a couple times. But yet, when we do it to each other, everyone knows its just for kicks. Kia, back there you looked like you weren't killing for the grass, but just for the sake of killing. You looked murderous, and quite frankly, scary. If you're going to kill yourself doing this, then don't do it to my friends, because the next time you try it, you'll be labeled a traitor!" Sakura said. Kia took a step back, suprised by Sakura's word choice. "Traitor? Is that what you just called me?" She asked. Sakura looked at the ground and sighed.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]"I hate to say it, but that's what you seem to be portraying yourself as. Kia. Please, save me the trouble of saying these things. You're my friend, you know? I hate it when I have to resort to such horrible names." Sakura said. "Don't do it again. Please." Kia looked Sakura in the eye. There were hints of anger, sadness, and regret. "I'll try." Kia said simply before walking back to the group.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][b][i][u][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]Aqua Capital Mac Anu[/color][/size][/font][/u][/i][/b][/center]
[center][/center]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=blue]"So, just to make sure, is everyone here?" Kayla asked. There was a "Yes" from the group in usnison. "Alright, then lets--" She started before someone interrupted her. "SAKURA!" Someone shouted. Sakura whirled around and was face to face with two players. One was a vaguely familiar heavy blade, and the other was a blademaster. [/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=blue]"Hey, why don't you ever hang out anymore? I know you've been online, but I haven't recived a single email in months! And how come whenever I ask mom if I can talk to dad, she always hangs up?" The blademaster asked. Sakura gave a weak smile before turning back to the group. "This'll only take a second, guys. Go ahead without me, I'll catch up." She said. Kayla shrugged and warped out with the rest of the group.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#0000ff]Sakura turned back around to the two players. "Hi Angel. Hi Princess." She muttered. "Don't hiya us!" Angel yelled. "That was that one Player Killer that's tricked me for God knows how many times!" Sakura gave her a puzzled look. "Who? Sora? How'd he trick you?" She asked. Angel growled. "Thats not the point right now! The point is, you've been hanging out with Kayla and whoever else way more than with me, and you're own damn sister!" She shouted. Sakura looked at Princess. "Yeah...about that...." Sakura said weakly.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#0000ff]"Can you please just explain what's so important as so you don't even email us?" Princess asked, her voice full of dejection. Sakura sighed. "Please. Its too much. And in any case, you wouldn't believe me. Its very complex, long, and important. I really don't have time." Sakura answered. Princess and Angel glared at her. "Then we're coming with you." They said in unison. Sakura started to grind her teeth together. "For God's sake! Listen! If you're willing to put your damned lives on the line to have some quality time, then go ahead! What I'm doing is more than just playing a game. I'm risking my [i]life[/i] doing this. To save everyone who's comatose. If you don't let me go now, then Chou and Sho are never going to wake up!" Sakura shouted before running up to the Chaos Gate and whispering the keywords so that the two couldn't hear what they were.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[center][b][i][u][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]Hidden-Solitary-Hypha[/color][/size][/font][/u][/i][/b][/center]
[center][/center]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=royalblue]Sakura sprinted through the dungeon, avoiding each monster that she could. Her mind was filled with so many thoughts. [i]Kitsune. She's 19 and she's still playing The World. She moved to America and she still acesses on the Japanese Server. Why does she even care about what I do? We were never close, and she was always horrible towards everyone. Alexa...she's 13, but she moved out of the city. SHe was my best friend, but neither of us have contacted each other outside, and when we talk in here, its always role play. Why do either of them care?! [/i]She thought angrilly.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]She was so caught up in her thoughts, Sakura didn't even notice that she had passed the group. And she didn't notice when she ran into the room with the purple flames. What she did notice, though, was two stones with faces falling from the sky.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]"Gorre!" Sakura gasped. [i]Crap, crap, crap! CRAP! How did I miss everyone? Was I that unobservant! God! I'm gonna have to do my best now. [/i]She thought nervously. Both the 'rocks' chuckled at the sight of a single player going up against him. "Oh crap!" She muttered under her breath.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]----------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#000080]Yes! Due to the fact that I reread a couple pages, I saw that earlier, I posted the fact that Sakura has a sister. And to make up for the fact that she never came up in the story, she lives in America. ^^ Don't worry, you don't have to tell me. I'm awesome.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

Lao looks around waiting for his friend to arrive in Carmina Gadelica.He starts to get angry and leaves.two days later he finds out that his friend went into a coma.He is startled...........................................

{someone please finish this for me} {ty ty ty}

[does anyone have any .hack pics or midis? if so please send them to me ty]

Lao

[size=1][color=navy]OOC: Sorry, Lao, but you can't join the RPG this late into it. If you really like the RPG, however, I suggest that you continue to read it. However, since this RPG is so far along, you would not be able to join.[/color]

Turning to the group as they defeated the group of monsters that had appeared after the portal was opened, Kayla took a quick head count; just to make sure they still had everyone, in case someone got lost or took a wrong turn or just got seperated from the group. As she finished, it dawned on her that they were in fact missing someone. She had thought that someone was missing during the last few battles, but she couldn't tell; there were so many of them in the group that it was sometimes hard to pinpoint when someone was missing and who that person was.

She glanced around the room, just to make sure she hadn't miscounted or missed someone who was standing behind something, before recounting again. Again, she came up with the same number and the fact that someone was gone. She looked at the faces of everyone in the group as they talked for a moment, waiting for Kayla or someone to start leading the party, and it was then that Kayla realised who was missing.

[color=darkslateblue]"Hey, everyone,"[/color] she said to get the group's attention. They all looked twoards her and gave her questioning looks and answers of, "What?", "What is it?", "Where's the fire?", and so on before Kayla spoke again. She took another look over the crowd. [color=darkslateblue]"Has anyone seen Sakura?"[/color] she questioned them with a completely serious tone.

A few people shook their heads; others shrugged and looked around to see everyone else's reactions. Finally, someone spoke up. [color=darkslateblue]"I think I saw her run ahead."[/color] Kia piped up and everyone looked at her.

[color=darkslateblue]"Are you sure?"[/color] Kayla questioned, hoping that was the case. It was better for Sakura to have run ahead, then for her to be somewhere far behind the group, taking on the tough monsters of the dungeon alone or lost in a completely different area of the dungeon. Even with the aid of a Fairy's Orb and the map, this particular dungeon was quite confusing and easy to get lost in. But then a thought struck Kayla: what if Sakura had ran so far ahead that she was facing Gorre? What if she had absentmindedly ran into the Phase room and was in trouble at this very moment? The thought was horrifying.

Before Kia could answer Kayla, she spoke quickly and pointed to a tunnel off to the group's right. [color=darkslateblue]"Everyone, we have to hurry. Sakura may be in trouble! Go down that tunnel right there; it should take you to the next level of the dungeon. Once you get there,"[/color] Kayla checked the map of the dungeon she had gotten by hacking into the system. She quickly told everyone where they would need to go and informed them that she would meet up with them later.

As the last person in the group become no longer visible down the tunnel, Kayla walked up to a wall nearby. [color=darkslateblue]"I know I shouldn't be trying this new hack I learned right now. I should test it out in a different dungeon, but, Sakura may be in trouble and if I don't try it now, we may get there too late..."[/color] she glanced towards the tunnel the group had went off down. [color=darkslateblue]"They should get there a little bit after I do if this hack works right. But...if it doesn't...well, I don't want to think of what'll happen."[/color]

Kayla typed a few long, complicated commands into her laptop and was immediately sucked into a vortex that appeared in front of her on the wall in the dungeon. Praying that the code would take her straight to where the phase room was unscathed, she entered a few more quick commands. Her feet hit the ground and she glanced up, seeing for the first time, Gorre, the Schemer.

She took a quick look at her stats and health and noticed that there had been an after effect to using the new hack that she'd learned the other day: all of her MP had been drained and she had lost quite a few items. [color=darkslateblue]"Hmm..the items that I lost...it could hurt the group later in battle if anyone else runs out. I don't think...I'll use this hack again in a situation like this."[/color] she mumbled to her self and sprinted towards Sakura who was dodging Gorre's multiple attacks.[/size]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Sakura jumped away from Gorre just in time: He had pounded the ground, sending a small shockwave at her. Whenever it had hit her, it depleted most her HP and it signified that he was about to use Flare of Conspiracy. Sakura panted. She was using every ounce of her evasion skill to avoid Gorre's attacks and stay alive. When she went to use a Health Drink, she noticed that she had run out of healing items. "Phal Repth" She mumbled. Her eyes widened as she realized she was out of MP as well.

"Phal Repth!" Somebody shouted from behind her. Sakura whirled around and gave Kayla a relieved look. "Thank God!" She shouted. "Where's everyone else?" Kayla ran up next to Sakura, holding her staff defensively. "They should be here in a few seconds. Once we realized that you ran ahead and that you were probably be [i]here[/i], I gave them the directions here while I used a new hacking technique. What's the status here?" Kayla asked, her voice full of seriousness.

Sakura held out her blades defensively as well. "I haven't tried to attack it yet. I thought it would be too dangerous for me, and so I've been dodging it. All I've learned so far is that it's main attack is Flare of Conspiracy. And trust me, all of it's attacks are lethal. If I wasn't so high-leveled, I swear I would've died by now. Thank God for Golden Grunties!" She explained. Kayla smiled and the two prepared to strike Gorre, now confident since it was 2-on-2.

"Even if we get it's Protect Break to appear, we can't Data Drain it." Kayla said. Sakura smirked. "Well, we'll just get it to appear again after Kite gets here." She said. Kayla looked at her. "Two things. One: can I borrow a Mage's Soul? Two: what happened to the 'I thought it would be too dangerous' Sakura that was out here a second ago?" She asked.

Sakura laughed and ran at Gorre, striking it as many times as she could befor jumping back to her original spot next to Kayla. "That Sakura is the inner one: cautious, woried, and full of self-doubt. The one that I show people, my outer-self, that is the one I prefer. Its more like my ideal self: strong, care-free, and cocky. I suppose you could call me two-faced, or schitzo. I just prefer Sakura, though. In closing, Kayla, tell anyone what I just said, I swear even hacking won't save you from me!" She threatened.

Kayla smiled at her and nodded as Sakura healed her MP. "Yeah, ok." She agreed. "Hey look! Its everyone!" Sakura stared happily at the group who had just entered the area. She was snapped back to the fight when Gorre let out a low chuckle, and before anyone could understand what was going on, the two enemies had performed it's main attack: Flare of Conspiracy. The wavemasters instantly healed everyone, while the long arms, heavy axemen, blademasters, and twin blades attacked it. The heavy blades stayed behind and protected the wavemasters from Gorre.

Sakura looked around. [i]We're like an army or something. We can now predict our plan of attack without actually speaking it.We don't have to use battle commands or anything. We know what to do whether we've learned about it before or not. It's amazing. Within four other battles, not including Cubia, we've grown this tight with each other, as to we can predict each other's moves.[/i] She thought before commencing an onslaught of attacks. "Payback, Gorre!" She shouted angrilly.[/COLOR]
[color=darkslateblue]-----------------------
Yes, that was more intellectual than action. But I don't care. I think it develops Sakura a lot. and so, by posting this, I can say "Nyah nyah!" To Ouka. Because I didn't try to finish the battle in one post....[/COLOR][/font][/size]

Kia hesitated a moment before entering the corrupted doorway, letting her body slip through the group of the others dashing through to fight Gorre. As the last member of the team dashed through, Kia was alone at last.
"So quiet..." she murmured to herself, reflecting the eerie buzzing static of the corrupted field, taking in the soft, purple glow of the 'fire' that shrouded the doorway. It is always wise to know your strategy before entering a battle with so strong an adversary, she thought to herself, this eliminates the possibility of confusion when the battle actually begins. What do you know about Gorre? she asked herself. To tell the truth, she couldn't really remember much about Gorre, aside from the fact that it-slash-they was excessively ugly. Gorre hadn't had much in the Epitaph, either. Gorre schemes when swallowed by the wave...that was all she could remember.
This thought struck her with the force of a Tetra Armor's spikeball. She was beginning to forget the epitaph! For god only knows how many years, the epitaph had been her life, her reason for existance, and now, verse by verse...it was slipping away. What if she forgot the epitaph entirely? What would become of her role in the group? She had always been the one to ask for, for her intimate knowledge of the Phases. If I forget...will the group want me anymore?
"Riding the Wave...Skeith, death's shadow..." she recited out loud, frantically trying to remember the lines. "Innis, decieved all, did aid the Wave...Magus...Magus, bringing about a new Wave...Fidchell, the prophet...Gorre schemes...Tarvos remains to punish...Corbenic...arrives from deep within the Void. Skeith, Innis, Magus, Fidchell, Gorre, Tarvos, Corbenic." Seven. Seven count, and there were eight Phases. Kia shouted in frustration, slamming a balled up hand against the dungeon wall. Who am I missing? she asked herself, knowing already that her answer would be blank.
Her mind raced. What would the others say? If she didn't know the Epitaph anymore, would the group want to include her? Without them, who would look after her? She didn't want to go back to the miserable, pointless life she had led before joining with Kayla, Sakura, and the others. People would laugh at her, tease her, abuse her, and even try to kill her, seeing it all as some joke before the others had come. They were like her older siblings; they always protected her from danger, and made sure she was never moved against by anyone in 'the World'. If they left her, would she have to live like that again?
"No," she told herself firmly. "They'll keep me. I'll find a way..." Her spirits utterly failed to improve, however. What reason did they have? She was already considered by some of them to be dangerous, owing to the fact that she had PKed one of them (i.e. mistral, and not including the attempt on Kayla). Lacking any sort of 'strategy' that she had stayed behind to coordinate in the first place, Kia stepped toward the glowing flames in the doorway.
When she emerged on the other side, the others were already fighting with Gorre, working in tandem like a single entity. The team that knows their own individual strengths and weaknesses is almost unbeatable, but the team that works together to eliminate their weaknesses in unstoppable. Sakura had arrived before the others after all, just like Kia had figured when she was her running up ahead of the group. Kia wasn't surprised, although, she realized regrettably, she was somewhat disappointed that Sakura was still alive. For some reason she couldn't quite comprehend, Kia hated Sakura. Probably for getting so in her face about trying to kill Kayla. She was justified there, though, Kia reminded herself. All the thinking was beginning to hurt her head, so she jumped into the fray, slashing at Gorre mindlessly to ease the stress.
"So, you decided to join us after all?" Sora asked from right next to her, also beating away at Gorre with his blades. Kia rolled her eyes.
"You don't get it, do you?!" she growled, "Our lives are on the line in this fight. We can't waste time talking, or distracting-aaahhh!" she interrupted herself as she felt herself being lifted off of the ground by some unseen force. Gorre turned one of it's heads to her, and a ring of light appeared in front of it. Oh, no...data drain! She tried to move, but her body was locked in place. Then, a brilliant flash of light, and Kia was sent flying back, and landed with a dull thud on her side. Every cell in her body felt like it was on fire, like she was burning alive, from the inside out. Through her blurred vision, she saw another Gorre-the other Gorre-approach her. She weakly curled up into a sort of 'ball' position, more reflexively that defensively.
She felt herself being lifted off the cold stone again, her hand dragging up off of the corrupted field, and another ring of light appeared in front of her. "Kayla..." she whispered, "Kite...Sakura...Coal...Sora...Someone..."

OOC: I, as well, chose character development over action here. I also had to take my traditional beating from a Phase (sorry).

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Sakura had needed to be healed throughout the entire time. On the outside, her hands were sweaty, she was running short on breath, and she kept dropping her controller. "What the hell is wrong with me?!" She shouted to herself before dropping the controller again. "I might as well quit now!" She growled.

Suddenly, Sora landed next to her. "Don't do that! If you do, this won't be any fun anymore." He said, with a strangely cheerful voice, and a half smile, half smirk. Sakura stared at him for a moment. [i]Is he saying that fighting the phases is [b]fun[/b]?? Well, he said if I go then it won't be fun anymore, so is this some sort of party to him? Where there are people who just keep it going? This guy's insane....yet, his insanity is flatering.[/i] She thought before giving Sora a smirk.

"Fun, eh? Well then, let's play!" Sakura said, charging Gorre, attacking with everything she had. Sora grinned and turned to Kite, who was standing next to him. "I can motivate her more than anyone else!" He bragged, causing Kite to give him a slight grin and a thumbs-up. Sora grinned wider before re-joining the battle. He was fighting with the magic tolerant side of Gorre when Kia landed next to him.

"So, you decided to join us after all?" Sora asked, not bothering to stop his attack. Kia rolled her eyes."You don't get it, do you?!" She said menacingly, also continuing with her attacks. "Our lives are on the line in this fight. We can't waste time talking, or distracting-aaahhh!" At that point, everyone had cried "Kia!!!" in unison. Kia was being lifted up off the ground, and everyone knew that she would be Data Drained, and there was nothing they could do. Sakura winced and turned her head as Gorre Drained Kia, but quickly ran over to her.

"Wavemasters! Heal her with everything you have, stat! There's no time to loose, especially when Phases Drain the trapped players!" Sakura shouted frantically. Each wavemaster nodded and began healing Kia while Sakura had sat on her knees and placed Kia's head on her lap. "Kia, you'll be ok. Please, hold on." Sakura whispered. Again, Sora landed next to Sakura, as did Kayla. "Sakura, stay here with her. She'll be--" Kayla started, but she was interrupted by Kia being lifted up again. Sakura stood up abruptly as the four of them were being approached by both of the heads of Gorre. "Stay back!" Sakura shouted angrilly.

Unfortunately, Gorre continued to float his way towards the four. "You've hurt us enough. You should no longer be allowed to wander this game. Not for what you and the other Phases keep doing to us." Sakura said, her voice completly serious and nothing else. There wasn't a hint of her normal tone at all. "You've hurt us enough, so now die for what you've done!" Sakura had stepped forward, gripping her blades so tightly that her knuckles were turning white.

Kayla stepped next to Sora. "Take Kia to the other wavemasters. Tell them to keep healing her." She commanded before standing next to Sakura. Sora gave her a quizical look. "And how exactly do you expect me to pick her up when she's floating?!" He asked. Kayla shrugged. "Very carefully." She answered before looking at Sakura.

Sakura had sealed her eyes shut and was trembling. [i]Anger or fear? I can never tell with her...[/i] Kayla thought. "I should....should never have called her that. That's going to be the last thing she remembers of me. That'll be the only memory she has of me. Kayla.....Kayla I never should've exploded at her. I called her a traitor! How could I?!" Sakura asked, letting a small tear run down her face. Kayla growled angrilly before slapping Sakura. "Shut up! She's going to live, alright?! Everyone's getting through this in one piece, so don't you dare talk like that!" Kayla shouted. "Now, hold out your blades, because we have to fight now!"

Sakura stared at her a moment, registering what had just happened. But after thinking for a few seconds, she hesitantly held out her blade's in a defensive position. "You're right. I'm sorry." Sakura said softly before giving an outburst of fighter's spirit. "Twin Dragons!" She shouted, attacking Gorre with all her might.[/color]
[color=darkslateblue]--------------------------
Well, there's a mixture of action and character development there. ^_^[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]"Ouch!"[/color] Kayla muttered to herself as she rapidly pressed the buttons on her controller. Her thumb had been pounding the buttons on her controller for over an hour now as she healed and attack the Physical tolerant Gorre and now all of that was catching up to her. She heard a small pop as the knuckle on her thumb snapped out of place. Her eyes watered slightly as she continued playing, ignoring the pain; just wanting to finish the fight. She was sure that the Protect Break would come soon and once Kite had Data Drained Gorre, she would take a break and let everyone else handle the situation. But at the current time, Kite needed everyone he could get to attack Gorre so that the Protect Break would come sooner than it would if some of the group were not fighting.

[i]Protect Break, damnit![/i] she thought to herself and as if by coincidence, at that exact moment, Gorre's Protect Break surrounded it.

[color=darkslateblue]"Yes! Do it, Kite!"[/color] Kayla exclaimed in an exasperated voice.

Kite ran up to Gorre and in a determined voice shouted, [color=darkslateblue]"DATA DRAIN!"[/color] A stream of data from Kite's bracelet shot through Gorre and rearranged its own data. As Gorre's appearance changed into that of what the other phases looked(a couple of rocks with strange symbols on them), Kayla dropped her controller on the floor and gingerly touched her now throbbing and swollen thumb.

Her lip quivered slightly as the pain in her thumb increased. She typed a quick message to everyone as they continued to fight Gorre.

[color=darkslateblue]"Everyone, I..."[/color] she stopped and thought about it. She didn't want to leave now, just because of a dislocated thumb. No! She was going to continue fighting. This battle was important to her. Once this battle was over, she would be one phase battle away from fighting Tarvos...then she would get her revenge for what happened to Trevor.

With a new determine outlook, she picked up her controller and painfully continued playing.[/size]

[font=arial][size=1][color=navy]Sakura looked at Kayla. She had begun to say something, and her face made it look like she was in true pain. "What's wrong?" Sakura asked. Kayla shook her head and zapped the Physical Tolerant Gorre with a Rai Kruz spell. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it. Just keep fighting." She said, running towards Gorre a little more to attack it and avoid conversation. Sakura sighed and continued fighting as well.

Everybody's steady attacks soon paid off as Gorre's Hit Points were nearing their end. "One more hit! Somebody, attack it!" Kite, Kayla, and Sakura yelled in unison. To their suprise, 'somebody' turned out to be half the group. As Gorre fell, the three gave a "^_^'"

As soon as they were sure that Gorre had really been defeated, they all began to chat widly. "So Kayla, what's [i]really[/i] wrong?" Sakura asked. Kayla sighed. "Gah, I think I dislocated my thumb..." She mumbled. Elk and Sakura both gasped, but Sora just shrugged. "So what? Mine does that all the time, all you gotta do is pop it back into place. It'll hurt for a second, but it'll be fine." He explained. Elk and Sakura growled. "it's not that simple! You have to get medical care!" Elk said. "Exactly! It can't be healed with a simple pop!" Sakura agreed.

Sora shook his head. "Honest! I dislocate my left thumb on a weekly basis! All I do is pop it back into place!" He argued. Kayla, in the real world, was still touching her thumb gently, deciding whether or not to take Sora's instructions. "I'll ask someone...who's older." She said. "Wait, I'm older!" Elk called after her as Kayla and Sakura went to some of the adults.

"Hey Crim!" Kayla called. Crim turned from Subaru, the Silver Knight, and Balmung, and answered "Hey what?" As the two girls reached him, they quickly explained what happened. "Pop it back!" Balmung suggested. "No, you really shouldn't do that." Subaru disagreed. Crim shrugged. "Really, it doesn't matter what you do. The doctors would just pop it back in, I suppose, so I guess if you do it now, it would save your folks some money." He explained.

Kayla growled. "Ah, the hell with it!" She shouted, and in the real world, popping her thumb roughly back to where it belonged. "Damn!" She shouted. Sora and Elk came next to her. "Y-you didn't!" Elk gasped. Sora grinned before giving Kayla a thumbs-up. "You did!" Sakura rolled her eyes before looking at the Silver Knight, who looked like he had left his terminal altogether. "Yo, Knighty. Look alive." She said.

The Silver Knight looked at her after a second. "Huh? What? Sorry, I'm getting ready for something..." He muttered. After another few moments, he had warped out altogether. The two girls shook their heads disapprovingly. "I wonder what that something is." Sakura muttered. "Not like he's going to date anyone. For the love of God, any woman with [i]any[/i] self respect wouldn't go near him. I kinda feel sorry for him..." Kayla answered. The two girls burst into laughter, but were intterrupted by Sakura's sudden question.

"Kayla, are you going to come over to my house or what? I'll order some pizza, and I rented a movie." Sakura said. Kayla nodded. "Yeah, I'm coming over in a couple minutes. I've still got to pack for tomorrow. " She explained. Sakura nodded. "In that case, I'm logging out. Later guys." She said. Kayla said her farewell and the two girls warped out at the same time.[/color]

[color=teal]Fourty five minutes later, Katsuki had placed the order for the pizza, and Kayla had arrived at Katsuki's house with a couple of bags. "What movie?" She asked. Katsuki flipped on the TV and opened a can of soda. "I got the Matrix. Here, have a soda." She offered, tossing Kayla a can. Suddenly, Katsuki's doorbell rang.

"Must be the pizza. It's about time, they aren't getting a tip for sure!" Katsuki said, jumping to the door and opening it, holding her money. As soon as she opened the door, she shut it. "K-k-k-kayla!" Katsuki shouted. Kayla ran to the door. "Yeah? What's up?" Katsuki shakilly pointed to the door. "K-k-knighty i-is a-at m-m-m-my f-front door!" She stuttered. Kayla gave a gasp, but soon a grin spread upon her face.

"Hey Knighty. Never knew [i]you[/i] worked at Pizza Hut." She said as she opened the door again. Knighty gave the girls a blank stare for a moment before Katsuki's mother walked up between Kayla and Katsuki. "Oh, [spoiler]******[/spoiler]! You're early. I'll be ready in a minute. Why don't you sit down and wait with my daughter and her friend." She said while putting on an earing. Katsuki's mother was dressed up very fancy-like. She was even wearing a dress. Katsuki was trying to talk, but no words came out.

Knighty smiled slightly, ignoring Kayla and Katsuki, and let himself in. "Natsoshi! You look...awesome!" He said. Kayla was choking from holding in her laughter. "Is that your name, Ms. Katsuki's mom? Natsoshi? I don't think that even Katsuki knew that!" She said.

"Mom! You're not planning on going on a date with [i]this[/i] guy, are you?! Please tell me this is all a joke!" Katsuki finally managed to get out. Natsoshi frowned at her daughter. "And who are you to tell me who I can and cannot date? Katsuki, I suggest you stop speaking right now." She said. Katsuki growled and slapped Kayla, who was laughing now, on the back of the head. "You can't date now! Dad's still alive! You're just being too dense to believe me!" She shouted.

"Besides! You're 32! That means you're 6 years older than him!" Katsuki argued. "You're thirty-two?" Kayla and Knighty asked in disbelief. Natsoshi grabbed Katsuki by the arm and dragged her into a different room, but it didn't do much. The two were still shouting at each other loud enough that Knighty and Kayla could here them.

Soon though, they finished their argument, and as expected, Natsoshi had won. Katsuki, in an angered defeat, was glaring at the Silver Knight evilly. "Fine then, why don't you go ahead and go on your date. Why don't you tell me all about it later so I can tell Dad?" She asked, exiting the room. Kayla grinned and followed Katsuki. "Have fun you two!" She called out to them before she left.[/color]
[color=darkslateblue]------------------------------
*grins evilly* Yes! The Silver Knight [i]is[/i] the Mystery Man![/color][/size][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]After a night of watching all three Matrix movies six times over, it was a miracle that the two had woke up in time in the morning. Just as Kayla was hopping on one leg, pulling her pants on in Katsuki's room, there was a knock at the door. She heard Katsuki run through the hall and downstairs, obviously having already dressed in the bathroom. Just as Kayla fell onto the floor, still groggily trying to slip her pants on, she heard Katsuki greeting someone and inviting them in. More talking ensued and Kayla heard Katsuki shout up the stairs.

[color=gray]"Hurry up, Kayla! Kite wants to get going before the morning traffic starts up!"[/color]

Pulling her pants the rest of the way on and slipping a shirt on as well, she grabbed her duffel bag and put the strap over her shoulder and around her neck. She picked up her laptop and, putting it under her arm, rushed downstairs. As she jumped the last three steps and landed with a large thud on the floor, she spotted Katsuki and and a teenage boy she presumed to be Kite, talking.

Katsuki grinned. [color=gray]"Finally! What took you so long?"[/color]

With a sheepish grin, Kayla responded. [color=gray]"Oh, well, I had trouble getting my pants on."[/color] Katsuki laughed and Kite gave a small grin.

[color=gray]"No wonder, you idiot! You put them on backwards!"[/color] she pointed out. Kayla glanced down and noticed that her two back pockets were in front. Looking behind herself, she saw her zipper and laughed.

[color=gray]"Er, guess I'll be a few more minutes then..."[/color] she muttered before dropping her bag, setting her laptop down and running back upstairs to flip her pants around in the bathroom.

A few minutes later and Katsuki and Kayla were in the middle seats of Kite's mini-van. Kayla was looking around and figuring out where everyone could sit.

[color=gray]"Ok, Elk can sit here,"[/color] she pointed to the first of the two seats in the very back. [color=gray]"Sora can sit here,"[/color] she pointed to the passenger seat. [color=gray]"And we can force the Silver Knight to sit here!"[/color] she announced and pointed to the seat inbetween herself and Katsuki. Katsuki laughed hysterically and Kayla had to hit her a few times to shut her up.

[color=navy]OOC: Lets try not to make this little trip last too long...Gotta keep moving along with the story, ya know?[/color][/size]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Katsuki didn't know if she should've grinned or glared, but she knew she would have the greatest time of her life on this car ride sitting next to Knighty.[B] "So, uh, Katsuki..." [/B] The Silver Knight said cautiously after the first five minutes of the car ride. Katsuki looked up at him with all the innocence she could muster. [B]"Yeah?"[/B] Knighty took a deep breath.[B] "God, I'm no good with this kinda talking..." [/B] He muttered. Kayla laughed. [B]"You're not good with any kind of talking, Knighty!!"[/B] She commented, causing everyone to laugh.[B] "Oh shush you!" [/B] He replied angrilly.

[B]"Anyway, Katsuki, like I was saying...um...I really actually didn't know she was your mom. Of course, she did tell me she had a daughter, but we never did get into details. And I didn't really know you're last name, so I couldn't really tell that she was your mom. But if I knew that she [I]was[/I] your mom, I swear I wouldn't have ever asked her out." [/B] He explained. Katsuki grinned at him and nodded, but then suddenly frowned.

[B]"Hey, are you saying there's something wrong with my mom? And why didn't you go into details?! I'm sure she would've bragged about something that would have to do with me!!!" [/B] Katsuki argued semi-playfully. The Silver Knight frowned and went wide-eyed from suprise. He was sure she would've understood. [B]"I'll shut up if you promise to never go out with her again." [/B] Katsuki said suddenly. Knighty smiled and ruffled Katsuki's hair.[B] "I already planned that. When you're not logged in, me and your dad are kinda pretty good friends. The only reason why he doesn't stop you and Kayla from torturing me is because it's 'very funny to watch.'"[/B]

Katsuki frowned.[B] "I'm going as far as acknowladging you being my dad's friend and the fact that you've apologized, but I'm not letting [I]anyone[/I] ruffle my hair like that." [/B] She said seriously. The Silver Knight nodded and quickly made a mental note. Kayla snickered from behind the two. [B]"Ah, how sentimental!"[/B] She teased. Katsuki hit her hard on the back of the head. [B]"Shut up and pass me my cookies."[/B] She commanded.

[B]"Ma'am yes ma'am!"[/B] Kayla replied, searching the plastic bag Katsuki had given her that was full of stuff. [B]"For future reference, everyone, I have brought enough cookies to last us two roadtrips."[/B] Katsuki announced, grabbing the first container of cookies Kayla gave her. Sora and Elk turned to Katsuki.[B] "Alrighty then, gimme some!" [/B] Sora demanded, reaching towards the cookies that were less than an inch out of his reach. [B]"Who said they were for you two?"[/B] Katsuki said indignantly, and the two mournfully stopped trying to get the baked goodness. Kayla laughed and tossed them both their own packages of cookies.

[B]"Yay! Sugar!" [/B] Sora cried. Kite frowned. [B]"So...no breakfast I presume?" [/B] He asked worriedly. [B]"Lighten up, Kite. You don't have to act like you're responsible for us or something. That's Knighty's job." [/B] Kayla said, munching on a cookie of her own.[B] "Speaking of which, why aren't we taking you're car, Silver Knight?" [/B] Kite asked. Knighty sighed and muttered something that sounded like [B]"because I don't have one." [/B] Kayla and Katsuki giggled, hearing this, and took out their laptops, emailing each other plots of stuff they could do to annoy everyone in the car.[/COLOR]
------------------
I'd post more, but I've got the attention span of a fly right now....[/FONT][/SIZE]

OOC:...but there's nothing wrong with that, now, is there?

Kia sighed, wandering the streets of Mac Anu. The city was practically dead, no one was around, even a few of the administrators were away, leaving some of the shops empty. Empty...Kia thought suddenly, perhaps I could work out a way to sneak some stuff? She walked up to the Items shop, vacant of its usual obese administrator character, and took a peek in.

She was quite surprised to find nothing there.

Thinking, she came to the conclusion that since the store never ran out of stock, the items must probably be transfered to characters directly through data. Not surprisingly, this didn't help her idea much.
"Oh my god!" she screamed at nobody in particular, "Where the hell is everyone?!" This, of course, caught the attention of the three players that were in Mac Anu.
"Erm...right here?"
"What are you talking about?"
"Don't mind her, guys...she's crazy."
Kia rolled her eyes slightly, suppressing -again- that irrisistable urge to slash them to ribbons. She walked down to one of the piers, to the boats. A good ride through the waterways of Mac Anu was never a bad thing, especially when one's temper is short and needs relaxing. After a couple minutes of the dreamy ride, however, Kia became once again almost terminally bored. She decided to send a message to the group, through e-mail this time (which was an especially tricky thing for her).

To: Kayla, Katsuki, Kite, [spoiler]*****[/spoiler], Sora
Subject: C'mon, guys...

Message: Come on, guys, where are the hell are you?! Kayla, Katsuki, are you two harassing Silver Knight Again? And Sora, I thought you were always on! What happened to everyone? We still have an extremely important mission to deal with here, remember? I mean, just in case anyone forgot how to count -unlikely- , Gorre was only the fifth phase! If anyone feels like doing something relavent at the moment, I'll be waiting in Mac Anu, on one of the boats.

Kia decided even if the message was a little...harsh, it seemed only fitting that they should be putting their full efforts into defeating the Wave, not lounging around somewhere in the real world. After all, she thought, I can't go to the real world. No, that was flawed logic. It was no fault of theirs she was stuck in some stupid computer game, nor that she couldn't go with them, make true friends...go to school...hang out in the internet café...be part of something real...
Real. I can never be real. Kia cried herelf to sleep on the little boat as it drifted through the beautiful canals of an imaginary world.

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]"Kayla, make sure nobody takes my cookies. I'm logging in..." Katsuki ordered, pulling out her laptop. She was still a little annoyed with Kayla from when she was teasing the Silver Knight and herself. "Guard your own damn cookies. I'm logging in too." There was a murmer of agreement and everyone took out their laptops and Neuro Goggles. Katsuki shrugged, thinking her cookies were safe for the time being, but just in case. "Ok, people. I've counted and recounted. There are exactly 20 whole cookies, seven halfs, and thre cookies that have been smashed to the crumbling point. Touch them and die!" Katsuki anounced in a playful-high-and-mighty voice. Instantly, everyone reached over and rested their index finger on the nearest one of Katsuki's cookies, then took them off, laughing.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]The first thing Sakura noticed when she logged in was her new mail:[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]To: Kayla, Katsuki, Kite,[spoiler] *****[/spoiler], Sora
Subject: C'mon, guys...

Come on, guys, where are the hell are you?! Kayla, Katsuki, are you two harassing Silver Knight Again? And Sora, I thought you were always on! What happened to everyone? We still have an extremely important mission to deal with here, remember? I mean, just in case anyone forgot how to count -unlikely- , Gorre was only the fifth phase! If anyone feels like doing something relavent at the moment, I'll be waiting in Mac Anu, on one of the boats.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Without even thinking, Sakura sent a reply.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]To: Kia
Subject: RE: C'mon, guys...

Sorry, Kia, we started the road trip. And yes, we are harrasing the Silver Knight. And Sora is too busy stuffing his face with the cookies we brought with us to care about PK someone. Yes, we know how important defeating the Wave is, but all work and no play makes Katsuki turn into her mother. And trust me, nobody wants that. It's scary....Anyway, I'll meet you there.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Sakura happilly sent the email and continued on to go check the boards. Lately, the boards had been inactive, but there was one new thread that was long and would've caught even Kayla's eye.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Subject: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Summer

Miss Helba is so cool! I mean, her outfit is so awesome! I wonder where she got it. I've only managed a few glimpses of her, but I know she spends most of her time in an area called Net Slum! I've heard a couple girls saying that. Lucky, I bet they're all friends. So, who wants to form a fan club for Miss Helba?![/color]

[color=orange]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Mamimi

Yeah! Miss Helba's sooooooooooo awesome! I've heard about that Net Slum place. I was told it's where hackers and data fragments hang out or something. Is Miss Helba a hacker?![/color]

[color=red]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Nenene

Of course she is! That outfit is illegal, and so is that weapon! Plus, haven't you heard the rumors? She's supposed to be the hacker that's leading all the attacks on the web![/color]

[color=darkred]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Kerrek

Whatever happened to the "Miss Gardenia Fan Club"???[/color]

[color=blue]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club

Miss Gardenia is soooooooooooooooooooooooo uncool! She tried telling me and the other memebers of the M.G.F.C. to stop following her, and she did it really rude like, and so we then knew she was really mean. But Miss Helba's nice! I just know it![/color][/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Sakura laughed so hard, she started crying. Helba, their friend, Helba the computer hacker, the person who taught Kayla all she knew, Lios' most hated enemy, had her very own fan club. Resisting the urge to reply to this, Sakura took her Neuro Goggles off and reported the thread to Kayla and the others.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Teal]"You guys have to check the boards!" She sputtered while laughing as hard as she could. Everyone looked at her and nodded, and she put her goggles back on and logged in for real.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[I][U][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][CENTER]Aqua Capital Mac Anu[/CENTER][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I]

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]"Hiya Kia!" Sakura greeted as she jumped onto the same exact boat that Kia was laying down on. "Hiya Miss-Lets-Go-On-A-Roadtrip..." Kia said absentmindedly.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]----------------------
*is rolling on the ground laughing* Miss Helba Fan Club? My God! I scare myself with my ideas![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1][COLOR=RoyalBlue]Subject: Miss Helba Fan Club

Miss Helba is so cool! I mean, her outfit is so awesome! I wonder where she got it. I've only managed a few glimpses of her, but I know she spends most of her time in an area called Net Slum! I've heard a couple girls saying that. Lucky, I bet they're all friends. So, who wants to form a fan club for Miss Helba?![/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Mamimi

Yeah! Miss Helba's sooooooooooo awesome! I've heard about that Net Slum place. I was told it's where hackers and data fragments hang out or something. Is Miss Helba a hacker?![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Nenene

Of course she is! That outfit is illegal, and so is that weapon! Plus, haven't you heard the rumors? She's supposed to be the hacker that's leading all the attacks on the web![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Kerrek

Whatever happened to the "Miss Gardenia Fan Club"???[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club

Miss Gardenia is soooooooooooooooooooooooo uncool! She tried telling me and the other memebers of the M.G.F.C. to stop following her, and she did it really rude like, and so we then knew she was really mean. But Miss Helba's nice! I just know it![/COLOR]

Laughing to herself, Kayla typed up a reply to the messages.

[COLOR=SlateGray]Re: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: Kayla

A fan club for the reknowned hacker? Boy, I wonder how long until Lios deletes this and sends warnings to all of you have replied to this thread, supported the idea, and said complimentary things about "Miss Helba."

Hehe, lets just see.[/COLOR]

Now choking back laughter, Kayla logged in.

[COLOR=Indigo]-Theta-Highland-City-Dun-Loireag-[/COLOR]

She'd read Kia's email, but there was something keeping her from wanting to speak to Kia. Something...some kind of force that told her that Kia was bad news. So now as she wandered around Theta server, avoiding the disgruntled wild Grunties that ran here and there, she wondered. Wondered what in the world could be keeping her from wanting to speak with Kia. Something was wrong and she felt it. It was a kind of preminition it seemed. A kind of feeling that was causing her to fear a confrontation with Kia.

Was she still afraid from the last time Kia had visciously attacked her over Aromatic Grass? [i]No, that couldn't be it,[/i] she thought to herself quickly.

[i]Or could it?[/i]

[i]NO! Don't think like that, you idiot![/i] she thought with contempt towards herself for thinking such horrid thoughts. [i]Kia's your friend. She would never harm you without a reason.[/i]

But was that true anymore? Kia had visciously attacked you over Aromatic Grass, a voice in the back of her mind shot out.

[COLOR=Gray]"Stop that."[/COLOR] she said suddenly, causing a passing player to freeze in their tracks. The player turned towards her, afraid he had done something wrong.

[COLOR=Gray]"W-who? Me?"[/COLOR] he questioned nervously. Kayla glanced up at him. She'd sat down on a rock and hadn't even noticed. She grinned suddenly.

[COLOR=Gray]"A guilty conscious can be the downfall of a man. Better go clear that up, if I were you."[/COLOR] The cryptic message startled the player. He gave a look of terror and ran off. [COLOR=Gray]"Random passerby- 0. Kayla- 1."[/COLOR] she laughed to herself for a minute, having completely forgotten what had been troubling her a moment ago. Then it all rushed back to her.

[i]Why,[/i] she wondered. [i]Why don't I wish to speak to her? What's stopping me?[/i]

[i]A guilty conscious can be the downfall of a man...[/i]

Why was she thinking of that now? [i]Stupid distractions...[/i]

[i]There's just...something in the back of mind, telling me that Kia isn't to be trusted. Not anymore.[/i] A look of disgust crossed her face. [i]Has Kia ever done something to actually hurt me somehow? Could that even be possible?[/i] Then a memory crossed her mind. Her father, playing The World. Her father, lying unconscious on the floor. His Neuro Goggles still on, The World still loaded on his computer. Her father, lying in a hospital bed.

A sudden detest towards Kia formed inside of Kayla. [b][i]She[/b] did it. She hurt Dad. She put him in a coma. Its all her fault.[/i]

But that wasn't possible. Kia didn't have the power of Data Drain. Only a Phase did. And Kite and a few select Administrators. But the Admin's Bracelets were weak and could never put someone into a coma. Plus, they hadn't even been around three years ago, during the first crisis. [i]The first crisis...That's when Dad went into a coma. Three years ago. Kia did it. I know it. I don't know[/i] how [i]she did it, but she did.[/i]

Standing up from the rock, Kayla pushed a couple of newbies out of her way and headed for the Chaos Gate.

[i]Meanwhile, on the boards...[/i]

[COLOR=Red]Subject: Miss Helba Fan Club
Author: DELETED

[center]---====================---
-----MESSAGE DELETED-----
---====================---[/center][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]OOC: Contempt? Dislike? What is this strange hatred that fills Kayla? Tune into my next post to find out![/COLOR][/size]

[SIZE=1]
Sakura stared oddly at Kia for a moment as Kia looked up at her, not even lifting her head. She was just laying there, head resting on her hands, but she was looking up at Sakura with an expression on her face that said 'oh, so you decided to come, How polite.'
[b]"What was that all about?"[/b] Sakura asked with just a hint of accusation in her voice.
[b]"What?"[/b] Kia asked, shrugging slightly and giving an obviously fake innocent smile.
[b]"You know what I'm talking about!"[/b] Sakura snapped back, [b]"The 'Miss-Lets-Go-On-A-Roadtrip deal! Was that really necessary?"
"Well you guys certainly [i]do[/i] seem to have an awful lot of free time on your hands, now, don't you?"[/b] Kia replied, now staring at Sakura with a death-gaze. That went to far, even for Sakura.
[b]"Look, Kia!"[/b] she shouted, [b]"Just because me and the others actually have a [i]life[/i] doesn't mean we don't care about..."[/b] The boat went deathly silent as Sakura realized the terrible choice of words she'd just used. Kia started trembling slightly.
[b]"For your...information...Sakura..."[/b] Kia said, barely above a whisper, [b]"[i]I[/i] have a life...too...It's just different than...yours."[/b] In a flash of movement Kia flew towards Sakura with her blades poited in a very threatening manner. [i]She is gonna die for that remark,[/i] Kia thought half gleefully, half madly as she jumped. the blades carried through a swift arch...

...And Sakura sidestepped, leaving Kia to fly over to edge of the boat. With a short yelp, Kia flipped around in mid-air (almost like cats do when upside down) and grabbed the edge of the boat with one hand, by the edge of her fingertips.
[b]"Kia, I told you not to try to PK us. I'm a lot better at this sort of thing than you are."[/b] Sakura glared down at Kia disapprovingly. Sakura jumped lightly off the boat, but suddenly a small pale hand grabbed onto her ankle, and Kia -even as she was struggling to hold onto the edge of the boat- pulled her downward into the crystal blue water. Somewhere in the real world, in a little minivan speeding across a highway, Katsuki took off her neuro goggles and screamed in frustration as the [b][COLOR=Red]GAME OVER[/COLOR][/b] screen flashed across her laptop.
Kia climbed weakly back onto the boat, shivering as the water dripped off her. [b]"I [i]have[/i] a life, Katsuki..."[/b] she whispered to herself. As the boat gently glided to a stop, Kia stepped lightly back onto the main walkway.
A sudden feeling came over her. No, not a feeling, more of a...a [i]presence[/i]. [b]"She's here,"[/b] she whispered to herself, [b]"Kayla's here..."[/b] How? How did she know this? [i]Why am I so sure she's online?[/i] she asked herself, even as similar 'presences' filled her mind, each alike, yet subtly different. Sora, Silver Knight, Elk...they all appeared in her head, one by one. Now, the question was where to find them. After searching Mac Anu, she decided these feelings weren't real, because she couldn't find Kayla, or, for that matter, anyone.

[i][COLOR=Gray]The one you are looking for is in Dun Loireag.[/COLOR][/i]

[b]"Huh?"[/b] Kia half asked, half yelped, unsure of where the quiet voice was coming from. Still, she didn't question herself, and she walked over to the chaos gate.

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOrchid]-Theta-Highland City-Dun Loireag-[/COLOR][/CENTER]

As she warped in, Kia fell down, grasping her chest, breathing heavily. She had gone from a low-altitude canal-city to this city in the mountain peaks in literally no time, so her body naturally wasn't used to the lower ammount of air in this climate.
Then, looking up, she saw her: Kayla. Pushing around newbies in an ill-fated attempt to get across one of the way-too-narrow bridges that connected the city. [i]So the voice was right,[/i] she thought, beginning to adapt to the lack of air. Kayla finally made it off the bridge -partially because some of the newbies had taken a very unfortunate fall off the bridge- and was walking towards the chaos gate.
[b]"Hey, Kayla!"[/b] Kia shouted cheerfully, Kayla still a little ways off, [b]"I was looking for you!"[/b][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Blue]After logging back in, Sakura paced around Mac Anu angrilly. "I know I said the wrong words, but that is [i][b][u]no[/i][/b][/u] excuse for some n00b trapped player to PK me!" She yelled at herself, causing a few other players to stare at her. "What the hell are you all looking at? I'm in a bad mood, so if you don't turn your heads back around and mind your own buisness, I'm PK all of you weaklings!" Sakura shouted, raising her blades threateningly. The other players gave Sakura a weak smile and did as they were told.

"Ugh, if Kia wasn't a trapped player, I would've PKed her a long time ago!" Sakura yelled, not even noticing Sora was walking behind her, grinning like his usual idiot self. He leaned in unnoticed, and whispered in Sakura's ear: "Chill out, Grunty Girl!" Sakura screamed and kicked him, causing him to step back a couple of feet. "God, don't scare me like that! You idiot!" She yelled above Sora's laughter. "You should've seen your face! It was priceless!" He said in between his laughter. Sakura growled and grabbed Sora by the collar, lifting him up and giving him the most evil of Death Glares. "Shut up or die." She said menacingly. Sora gave a weak and partly afraid laugh. "Now, now." He muttered, trying to think of a way to escape her wrath.

"Oh my God look! Uh, it's the Sixth Phase!" Sora shouted, pointing directly behind Sakura. Sakura gasped and let Sora go, turning around with a shocked face. "Uhhh, see ya!" Sora said, jumping off into the distance. Sakura's face went red from the embarrasment of being tricked so easily and her anger towards Sora. "I am [i]so[/i] going to kill him." She muttered before continuing to pace around until she finally warped into another server.[/COLOR]

[center][i][color=purple]Cultural City Carmina Gatelica[/color][/i][/center]

[COLOR=Blue]Sakura started rolling on the ground laughing as she saw the sight at the Chaos Gate. Helba was surrounded by, more than likely, the entire server's players. The male players were, unsuccessfully, asking her out while the female players were admiring and nearly worshiping her. Also, a little ways away, Lios was fumming angrilly because of all the positive attention a 'notorious hacker' was getting. Finally, she got up off the ground and made her way through the crowd. "Helba, are you enjoying yourself?" She asked. Helba gave Sakura a look that said clearly 'shut up or I'll reduce your level to 1.' Thus, Sakura suggested that they retreat back to Net Slum and Helba agreed immeadiately.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]------------
At school, can't post more....[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Pushing one last newbie out of her way and off the narrow bridge, her scream echoed throughout the town for a moment before her character disappeared, Kayla heard Kia shout her name. Glancing over towards the Chaos Gate, she saw Kia huffing and puffing as she made her way over.

[color=gray]"Hi Kayla! I've been looking for you!"[/color] she greeted exhuberantly. A sign of distrust flickered in Kayla's face before quickly turning into a smile.

[color=gray]"Well hey Kia. Something up?"[/color]

Shaking her head slightly, Kia answered. [color=gray]"Nope, not really. Nothing big."[/color] There was something in her voice that made Kayla suspicious. Was Kia hiding something? [i]No, no. If she was, I'm sure she'd tell me...[/i]

[b]Would she? Do you really think she would?[/b] There was that damn voice again; conflicting with her thoughts, arguing with her. Or moreso how it should be said, that damn voice, causing her to argue with herself. [b]This isn't just a game anymore. There are lives at stake. Kia's hiding something that could be crucial to this entire operation; something that could ruin the entire operation.[/b]

[i]No, that's impossible. And even if she is hiding something, who's to say that she might even know what she might be hiding? What if...what if somehow, the game, Morganna...has done something to her character data. Changed her somehow. Or what if one of the Administrators did something? What if somehow one of them screwed up her character data and changed her significantly? What if she turns into some horrible monster and...and...[/i]

[b]And what? Maybe that kind of stuff has happened; maybe she will turn into something horrible. Something horrible enough to kill people. Not just put them into a comatose, but actually kill them.[/b]

The voice was getting to her. [i]Its just one of those stupid voices that argue with the other voice. Like the whole, "angel on one shoulder and devil on the other;" the two arguing with each other over every decision.[/i]

Kia was snapping her fingers in front of Kayla's face. [color=gray]"Kayla? You okay?"[/color]

Coming back to what was going on around her, Kayla realized she had zoned out for a moment. She stared at Kia, making a decision in her mind. [i]I need to do some research...and...I think I need to stay away from Kia for awhile.[/i]

[color=gray]"I'm sorry, Kia. I have to go do some stuff."[/color] she quickly logged out.[/size]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=Purple][CENTER]-=-=Real World=-=-[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]"Katsuki." Kite said flatly. "Get out of my van." "Nooooo!" Katsuki yelled. "I need to stay and continue rideculing Helba!" Kayla shook her head and pressed the power switch on Katsuki's laptop. "You can ridecule her later. We're at the beach!" She said. Katsuki took off her Neuro Goggles and glared at Kayla. "Now I have to do all that crap next time I turn it on. You should've let me shut it down [i]properly[/i]." She said, setting it down and grabbing her light dufflebag. As the three of them walked through the sand, Kayla suddenly asked "Hey, where are Elk and Sora?" Katsuki shrugged and the girls looked at Kite. "They ran off saying they were going to go change." He replied, setting his own stuff down beneath an umbrella.

"Good idea." Kayla said, opening her bag and taking out a bathing suit. Katsuki smiled as she took out her own. "I've been wanting to wear this for a while, but my mom wouldn't take me to the beach." She said, taking out her own suit. "You better hurry and get over there, the lines are starting to get longer." Someone said behind the three. Katsuki turned around and saw Sora grinning and in his swimming trunks. Elk was just catching up to him, and was also changed. Katsuki giggled and shook her head as Sora walked up to her and began to flex his biceps. "You've got more flab than muscle, Cookie Boy." She said, running over to the changing stalls with Kayla.

When they came back, the two girls had succeded in turning the heads of the three boys. Kayla was wearing a black one piece, and Katsuki was wearing a red two-piece. "Hey, where'd Knighty go?" Katsuki asked. The other four just shrugged. "Dunno, don't care." Kayla said before laying down on a towel. Katsuki grinned. "Well, I'm going to go make a snad castle!" She announced before running off towards the waves. Sora grinned and followed. "Wait up!" He called. "NEVER!" Katsuki shouted back playfully before going into a sprint.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]----------
Yay for the beach!! ^__^[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]
Kia gazed blankly at Kayla as she warped out in front of her. She turned around, feeling somewhat dejected, and headed back to the Chaos Gate, on her way back to Mac Anu.

[i]Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to try to talk to her,[/i] she thought as she stepped through the thin, icy-cold liquid barrier of the gate, absentmindedly muttering the keywords, [i]Maybe I should've never joined her in the first place...[/i]

[center][b]-Delta Server-Aqua Capital Mac Anu-Root Town-[/b][/center]

There was quite a scene going on when Kia found her way into Mac Anu, several armor-clad players that didn't look too dissimilar to the crimson knights from a while back were all over the town, stopping other players on their little routines. Suddenly, a small, pale girl came running up the stairwell to the Chaos Gate, followed closely by a large group of those knight-looking players. Instinctively, Kia rushed behind one of the walls as the girl came running into the opening.

The girl tripped in her haste to get away from the other players, and in the time it took her to stop skidding across the floor, they had already surrounded her. With their long halberds, they caged her in as one of them stepped forward, apparently the leader of the group.

[b]"Stupid trash!"[/b] she laughed, directing her spear in a rather threatening manner at the little girl, who was whimpering slightly as she backed herself into a corner, [b]"You couldn't hide from us forever!"[/b]

The poor little girl was shaking quite profusely by now, and Kia noticed that even from her safe little hiding place, she was beginning to tense up, too. The spearhead was raised. Through the crowd of people, Kia suddenly saw the girl's crystal blue eyes staring pleadingly at her. The girl reached out feebly, tears rooling down her eyes. [b]"H-help me...!"[/b] she cried, though the knights paid no attention.

[b]"I, Kamui of the Cobalt Knights, hereby delete you, rogue AI!"[/b] The halberd sliced downward across the girl, sending a violent spray across the ground, coupled with the heart-piercing scream of a young child.

[b]"NO!"[/b] Kia screamed, lunging forward, but a gauntleted hand shot out from the shadows and pulled her back and downward, another hand covered her mouth. In the shadows, Balmung gathered Kia closer to him, and put a finger up to her mouth as if to say [i]'quiet, or they'll find you'[/i]. Kia nodded slightly, pushing herself closer to him for protection. With frightened eyes, she watched as 'Kamui' scolded the others.

[b]"It took [i]WAY[/i] too long to finish that case!"[/b] she shouted, causing some of the knights to edge back in fear, [b]"We could've had that case finished [i]weeks[/i] ago! But instead, you all decided to hang back and screw around!"[/b] She whacked one of the knights across the helmet with enough force to send him sprawling to the ground, and he had some difficulty getting back up.

Kamui took a brief glance around the group. [b]"Don't be surprised if you get a pay cut for slacking off all this time,"[/b] she said disapprovingly. [b]"Now, everyone back to business. Remember: [i]any[/i] rumors about illegal AIs are to be reported directly to me immediately. Am I clear?!"[/b] The knights all nodded their heads sullenly.

[b]"Yes, ma'am..."[/b] and they all left.

It was only after the last one was gone that Kia realized [i]exactly[/i] how close she had gotten up to Balmung. As she took the first breath in about the past minute and a half, she looked up at Balmung, her apparent savior, only to find him staring down at her in the most peculiar way. He was also blushing, she noticed. Deeply.

[b]"Oh...ummm...sorry, about that..."[/b] she apologized hurriedly, jumping off of his lap. [b]"I just...I get a little jumpy sometimes...I [i]am[/i] still thirteen, y'know..."[/b] She tried to excuse herself. That seemed to get some color back out of his face.

[b]"No, it's not that,"[/b] Balmung sighed, [b]"It's just, you could've gotten yourself killed right there..."[/b] he got up slowly, the feathers on his wings rustling slightly.

[b]"...Why didn't you save her? I thought you were an administrator now..."[/b] Kia asked gingerly. She got a depressed grin from Balmung.

[b]"Not ever since [i]she[/i] got back,"[/b] he answered simply.

[b]"Who is she?"[/b]

[b]"Kamui, leader of the 'Cobalt Knights'. Their job is to hunt down illegal players in The World. And yes,"[/b] ...Balmung looked piercingly up at her, [b]"That includes you."[/b]

Kia nodded slightly, a little shaken up by these words. Then she threw her arms around him suddenly. [b]"Thank you for saving me, Balmung,"[/b] she whispered. Balmung nodded, his face turning slightly pink again.

As Kia gated back to Dun Loireag, she decided Balmung was a really great guy, even if only in The World.

[color=darkred]OOC: How could Kamui be so [i]heartless[/i]?![/color][/size]

[size=1][color=navy]OOC: *hates Kamui* I don't know how she could be so heartless.[/color]

A large snore erupted from Kayla's mouth as she laid on her towel, dozing in the sun. Kite gave her a sidelong glace from his beach chair before continuing to read the book he'd brought along. Elk sat on a towel next to her, peering down with an odd look on his face. As another snore emanated from her, Elk slowly reached down and plugged her nose. Her eyes shot open as she was denied a breath through her nose. Seeing Elk towering above her, his fingers on her nose, she smiled and laughed a nasally laugh.

[color=gray]"Was I snoring?"[/color] she asked as Elk removed his fingers. He nodded and grinned at her. She shook her head and slowly sat up, looking around the beach. Little kids were running about, making sand castles and splashing around in the waves as they crashed against the shore. Older kids and teenagers were huddled about, listening to music, dancing and some even off in secluded corners, making out with each other. Adults were scattered about here and there, most were sitting back in beach chairs while others were out in the water, swimming together and the likes.

Kayla glanced all around the beach and finally spotted their "adult supervision." The Silver Knight was sitting at a tiki bar on the far side of the beach, sweet talking a beautiful woman. Kayla grinned devilishly and looked for Katsuki. Spotting her and Sora over near where the waves were breaking against the shore, she shouted out, [color=gray]"Hey! Katsuki! Sora! Come here a moment!"[/color] The two looked up, took one look at Kayla's grin and quickly left their sand castles to meet her.

[color=navy]OOC: And I think I'll let Mai finish up this little scene. Then maybe one more post for the "beach party bonanza" before we get back to the story...[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Arial][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]*is grinning like mad* Oh yeah! Time for some fun! *rubs her hands together*
----------------------[/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]Katsuki walked over to Kayla, wrapping herself in a towel. "Y-you k-know w-w-what? I-it's c-c-c-cold after y-you get out o-of t-t-t-the w-w-water." She said, pulling the towel closer to herself. "Dry off or you'll get sick." Kite called without looking up from his book. "T-t-t-thanks." Katsuki replied sarcastically. Kayla shook her head. "Anyway, look at that tiki bar, and tell me anything that pops into your mind." She said.

Katsuki looked over at the bar and saw as Knighty showed off his flabby muscles to some of the girls. "That's really pathetic." Katsuki muttered. "Ok then, lets see. Public humiliation, embarrasment, mayhem, and video store related jokes." She said, her freezing coldness gone. Katsuki turned to Sora, who was currently yelling at some kids to stop messing with his sand castle. Katsuki scowled and punched him. "It's mine too. Anyway, you wanna help?" She asks, pointing to the tiki bar. Sora's face lights up. "You betcha." Katsuki grins and grabs a stick before enlisting the help of Elk as well.

"Ok here's the plan." Katsuki said as the four knelt in the sand. Katsuki drew a rectangle in the sand with the stick. "We're going to throw sandy rectangles at him?" Kayla asked. Katsuki slapped her forehead. "No, dimwit. [i]That[/i] is the tiki bar. And [i]there[/i]," Katsuki explained, drawing a stickman with the work 'dork' pointing to it, "is our target. Our objective is total humiliation. Understood?" The other three gave Katsuki a simuntanuos "m'am yes a'am." "Let's move out!"

Apparently, Knighty had been telling a couple white lies to get the girls' attention...

"I work three hours a day, six days a week, but I've got it bad. Firefighting is pretty tough." He said casually, sipping his drink. The girls gasped, and everyone could immeadiately tell that they were ditzs. "Do you really, like, save people and stuff?" One of them asked. "No, of course he doesn't." Kayla said, jumping up onto the stool next to the Silver Knight. "What do you mean?" Another girl asked. Katsuki leaned on the counter. "Ol' Knighty here hasn't been as honest as he should have been." Knighty growled at the two and pushed them away. "Hey, are those your kids?" The girls asked admirably. Aparently, they forgot about the lies. This new comment and their forgetfulness caused the two girls to scowl. "Hell no! He ain't replacing my dad! I'd bite my tongue and drown in my own blood first!" Katsuki shouted passionately. Kayla leaned into the group of girls. "Her dad died and then [i]he[/i] dated her mom. Quite traumatic." She whispered.

The girls all gave a sympathetic 'ooooh.' "Anyways, besides my mom, you know who he's dated?" Katsuki asked fiercly. "No, who?" One of the ditzs asked curiously. Knighty knew what was coming. "Katsuki, please don't." He pleaded. Katsuki gave him a crazed grin. "But why? If you're going to date them, shouldn't they have a history of your preferences?" She asked slyly. Kayla was cracking up. "Because. It. Wasn't. Voulentary. You. Two. Dimwits. Set. Me. Up." He said through gritted teeth. "I resent that! Kayla may be a dimwit, but I'm not!" Katsuki said. "She's right. She's an insane-psycho-geek-person." Kayla agreed. The two girls laughed before comencing to tell the tale of Knighty's "lovely" date with Jamie. He had slithered away before they had finished, but was dragged right back by Sora and Elk, who were grinning like crazy. Everyone was indeed enjoying it except for Knighty.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]------------------
I've gotta go. Posting in school is such a drag. >.>[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]