OtakuBoards

.hack//TRUTH

DDG

[font=arial][size=1][color=blue]Oh my god..I'm using a really crapy keyboard..forgive all mistakes...and I'm going to use arial one this post...I really dont want to though... ='(
----------------------

Sakura sighed. "Are you sure it was Lios? Are you sure it wasn't Helba in disguise?"She asked for the seventh time. Kayla nodded. "Yes. Know, lets go to Carmina Gatelica!"She yelled, dragging Sakura over to the Chaos Gate.

[/color][color=purple]Carmina Gatelica[/color]

[color=blue]Sakura looked around hapilly. "I almost forgot why this is my favorite server. Its so cool!" She said, starting to run over to the Grunty Farm. After seemingly a half hour, Sakura met back up with Kayla, Elk, and Sora. It was very apparent that she was ticked, but Sora took the risk of making fun of her.

"Whats wrong Grunty Girl? Another---" He started. Sakura growled at him, and the next thing he saw was:[/color][/font][/size]

[color=red][size=5][center]
GAME OVER[/color][/size][/center]

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]Kayla and Elk laughed loudly as Sora logged back into Carmina Gadelica. Sora gave them an angry glare and they immediately stopped. Just then, the four heard a small ping noise, indicating that they had new Flash Mail.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=seagreen][i]To: Everyone[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#2e8b57][i]From: Helba, Lios[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#2e8b57][i]The area of Phase 4 has been determined. Please report to Net Slum to receive further instructions.[/i][/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]The four looked at each and nodded. "Lets go then." Kayla said and ran up to the Chaos Gate.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---Net Slum---[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=indigo]As Kayla, Elk, Sakura, and Sora warped into Net Slum, they immediately noticed that everyone else was there as well. Lios and Helba were standing at the front of the large group of players, trying to quiet them down. Kayla ran up to the front, in front of Helba and Lios and used a spell. "PhaRai Don!" she yelled out. Multiple bolts of lightning came down around the group of players, quieting them instantly. Kayla stepped back and out of the way. "Helba, Lios, please continue." she said and made her way back to where Sora, Elk and Sakura were.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]---[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]Fidchell is coming within the next few posts. Since I can't remember the area for Fidchell, please just make it up, lol.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=comic sans ms][color=purple][size=1][center]~~Chronicling-Solitrary-White Devil~~[/size][/color][/center][/font]

[size=1][color=blue][font=comic sans ms]Sakura sighed as everyone entered the dungeon. "Everytime...I hate this. Everytime kind of duI get seriously nervous..." She muttered to herself. Kayla grinned when she heard Sakura. She "patted" Sakura roughly on the back. "Don't worry, we're almost finished with these things!" She said.Sakura mumbled something and they continued on through the infected dungeon.

After about twenty minutes, and two floors, the group had stumbled upon a Magic Portal that held a Data Bug. "Kite! Get ready!" Kayla yelled. After about another ten minutes, they had finally escaped the Data Bug.

"Kayla?"
"Yeah, Sakura?"
"I hate fighting Phases..."
"Me too, but--"
"But we have to. I know."
"Hehe..."
"Look. Its the purple flames..."

The group stopped in front of the room with purple flames in front of it.[/size][/color][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]"Everybody ready?" Kayla quickly questioned. They all nodded with a slight nervousness. Then Helba and Lios' voices rang out. "Fidchell is coming. Hurry into the flames, now!" they commanded. The group all nodded and ran into the menacing, purple flames.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Immediately after being warped to Fidchell's field, ripples went through the screen. The group looked around, trying to find Fidchell. Suddenly, it appeared.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"What the heck? What the hell is that supposed to be?!" Flame yelled out.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"That's supposed to be scary? Its a friggin' mask!" Sakura said and Kayla laughed.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Its not just a mask, its an elephant mask." she said, snickering slightly before Fidchell advanced towards the group.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Ok everyone, lets get that thing!"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=navy]---[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#000080]Yeah, its not much but I wanted to get the fight with Fidchell started. If you plan on posting the post where we kill Fidchell, can you please be sure that you say what it says after it dies? I have it written down but I don't have the paper with me, neither do I have my game so I can check to see what it is. But, anyway, have fun...[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1]Fidchell, the dark prophet. As Kia stood there, staring at it, she snickered a little, and not because of Kayla's elephant joke. [i]who thinks these names up, anyways?[/i] she wondered, looking at it's eye holes. Come to think of it, it [i]did[/i] kinda look like an elephant...
Kia suddenly realized that the others were already fighting the thing hacking, slashing, and casting spells at it. Calling up her courage, she ran in and began slashing as well, only afraid that the thing would fall on her, as her HP was no longer specified. (There was no reason for it to be: if she suffered a wound that would kill a normal human in the real world, she wouldn't survive. Such is the life of a trapped player.)
She knew from personal experience that Fidchell's attacks mainly consisted of somewhat cheesy-sounding 'prophecies' that inexplicably came true. For some odd reason, it refused to speak now...it just took the blows, as if it were waiting for something. There was a mutual feeling of unease throughout the group: what was the hold-up, here? As Kia looked at the mask she was swinging her twin daggers at, it looked more ominous now than amusing.
[COLOR=Navy]"Hey, Kia, does this thing have any intention of taking a shot at us [i]today[/i]?"[/COLOR] Kayla shouted at her.
[COLOR=Navy]"I don't know...it [i]is[/i] acting awfully strange..."[/COLOR] Kia answered hesitantly.
[COLOR=Navy]"Well, if and when it [i]does[/i] attack, how will we know?"[/COLOR]
As if in response to this, a ghostly voice rang out from Fidchell, some mystic-sounding stuff about lightning. Everyone was a little panicked by this, but Kia was affected especially, for Fichell had a special message for her. it turned to her, and as she gazed into it's empty eyes, she felt its presence in her mind. It spoke to her clearly above the din.
[i]I remember you...the child forsaken from your world to become trapped in this place...For you I have this blessing: that you shall indeed be rid of your long journey soon...The avenger is coming for you...when he finds you...you shall become one with the wave...and share in our glory as we purge this place of the ones more fortunate than yourself![/i]
Kia didn't have anything to say to this cryptic message, she was so stunned by it's straight-forwardness. She chose, for the moment at least, not to believe it. When the attack ended, deliberately missing her while hitting everyone else, however, there could be no doubt in her mind that something sinister was at work.
Before it left her head, Fidchell assaulted Kia's mind with some sort of mental energy, and smote her to the ground, unconscious, as the battle resumed it's frantic pace.

[COLOR=DarkRed]-OOC: Sorry I haven't been on for so long. If anyone has any objections to this post, just tell me and I'll delete it[/COLOR].[/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla glanced around quickly, checking everyone's help before noticing Kia, lying on the ground. "Kia!" she exclaimed and rushed over to her. She shook her. "Kia! Wake up! Wake up!" she yelled before using all of the healing spells she knew.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Repth! La Repth! Ol Repth! Rip Maen!" she yelled out before quickly standing up and turning towards Fidchell. "Fidchell! What have you done to Kia?!" she demanded. Receiving no answer, she quickly lashed out with the strongest summoning spells she knew. "Wryneck Ch! Lanceor Ch! Krake Ch! Merrows Ch! Vulcan Ch! Yarthkins Ch!" she cried out. All of the attacks completely drained her SP, but she didn't care; she had a few Mage's Souls and Artisan's Souls that she could use to refill it with.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]The attacks hit Fidchell, causing absolutely no damage to its unlimited HP at all. That didn't matter to Kayla, though. She felt a lot better now that she had relieved her anger on something. Kayla was about to use another spell when a player shouted out that they needed revived. She glanced around and noticed the Silver Knight; all white and ghost-like.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla frowned and used her last 40 SP to heal him with Rip Maen. He quickly ran back over to Fidchell and began slashing it. Kayla growled at him. "Can't you even say thanks you inconsiderate jerk!" she yelled before using an Artisan's Soul to refill her SP. "Lousy, no good, Silver Knight..." she mumbled before noticing that Fidchell had just Protect Breaked.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kite quickly Data Drained it; now making it so the group could defeat it. Now that it wasn't invincible, Kayla used her summoning scrolls and Magic that she actually knew to bring down its HP quicker, along with everyone else hacking, slashing and hitting it with their best Magic.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Then its HP hit 0. While it was disitegrating, it spoke; it spoke a strange Prophecy.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Like a frenzied horse that is driven,[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]An unseen wind of plague shrieks[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]across the border.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]

[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font][/i] [/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Pandemonium, wailing, and stench[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]of carnage fills the air.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]

[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font][/i] [/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]There's no place to run.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]No hope of escape.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]

[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Those who are mourned will never[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]return.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]
[center][i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]The hands of time cannot be turned back.[/color][/size][/font][/i][/center]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][CENTER][i]The hands of time cannot be turned back...[/i][/CENTER]

In the murk of her failing senses, Kia heard the prophecy. Nothing can be undone, it implied. When the Wave came, nothing would remain in the world Kia had regretfully begun to refer to as 'home', and Earth would fall, as well: like the Pluto's Kiss incident...

[CENTER][i]There is no place to run...
No hope of escape.[/i][/CENTER]

Kia began to feel her senses returning slowly. She opened her eyes slightly, looking for some image of Fidchell. Everything was a blur...vague shapes flitted about in the background while the world flipped in and out of existance.
[COLOR=Navy]"Kia...? Are you okay?"[/COLOR] Kayla's voice...[i]so, the fight must be going pretty well if she has time to wake me up...[/i]Kia thought to herself. She felt herself being shaken up, almost like it was time to get out of bed, and someone was trying to wake her up, or something.
[COLOR=Navy]"Fidchell...where is he?"[/COLOR] Kia mumbled, gaining a bit more control of herself.
[COLOR=Navy]"It's alright, Kia...Fidchell's gone. We killed it."
"Huh...? I cant' have been gone [i]that[/i] long!"[/COLOR] Kia said with a start, trying to sit up. [i]Nope, not yet...[/i]she thought as she fell back down onto the ground. [COLOR=Navy]"Who's all left?"[/COLOR] she asked with a small hint of sarcasm in her voice.
[COLOR=Navy]"Oh, very funny. We're all here. That prophecy startled us a bit when we defeated it, though..."[/COLOR] Kayla replied. The rest of the place was now in focus. They were in Net Slum. [COLOR=Navy]"We're heading back to Fort Ouph as soon as you think you can stand up again,"[/COLOR] she added.
Kia tried her legs out again. This time it worked. [COLOR=Navy]"I think I can handle it,"[/COLOR] she said.
[COLOR=Navy]"Good,"[/COLOR] Kayla smiled. Then, turning around, she got everyone's attention again, as they were all off by the gate, chatting and making light of the seriousness of what they were doing. The human mind has a wonderful ability to view something as 'funny' in order to relieve stress or pressure. Kayla cleared her throat before speaking.
[COLOR=Navy]"Hey, everyone! Listen up! Great job with Fidchell back there. Kia's [i]finally[/i] come around, so we're all headed out to fort Ouph. Any questions?"[/COLOR] Everyone shook their heads as if to say 'no', and they all warped back to fort Ouph.
Everyone, that is, except Kia.
Kia went back to Mac Anu. She walked over the bridge, not even pausing to reflect on the general beauty of the river rolling softly along, and the boats shining in the light of the sun. The stunning scenery had long been a nuisance to Kia, seeming to mock her existance. After the bridge, she made a right-hand turn, past the magic shop, and left, down a place she knew all too well, the alley that was now her home. She walked down the alley and sat among the pile of boxes that had been there since the beginning of 'the World'. Here was her 'happy place'; the place she came to when she needed to be alone to think, or just sit and ponder the meaning of her pitiful life.

[COLOR=DarkRed][b]TO:[/b] Kayla
[b]FROM:[/b] Kia
[b]SUBJECT:[/b] A very important question...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Ummm...Kayla? I have something I feel I have to ask you. If you can find the time, could you come to Mac Anu? I'll be back in the alley behind the Magic Shop...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]OOC: to my understanding, there is an important event in the plot going on right about here, so just get that done before worrying about me. Thanks![/COLOR][/size]

[size=1][color=navy]OOC: Yep, I'm going to get that out of the way right now.[/color]

As the group logged into Aerial City Fort Ouph, Kayla noticed that Kia hadn't come. She wasn't worried, as she knew that it was Kia's own choice not to come so she focused her attention on the group that was before her. "Ok, everyone---" she was blatantly interupted by some in the back of the group shouting, "Hey! Look! Its Mia!"

Kayla turned around to see Mia, awkwardly walking around behind the Chaos Gate. "So there she is...I was wondering where she was when I tried to call her to help up fight." Kayla began walking up to her, just as Elk zoomed past her with an armful of [color=green]Aromatic Grass[/color]. "Mia! I got some [color=green]Aromatic Grass[/color] for you." he said, handing it to Mia. Mia looked at him strangely before speaking. "Wow, its...so much. Thank you, Elk."

As Kayla was within a few feet of Mia, so was Kite. "Mia, is something wrong?" he questioned. Mia shook her head. "I don't know...my memory is...bad these days." Elk's and Kayla's expression turned to worry. "Mia, maybe you should Log Out and take a nap. Maybe that's why you're memory is bad; you're probably tired." Elk suggested. Mia smiled slightly. "Maybe I will..." then, she Logged Out.

Kayla began smiling as she heard the familiar sounds of the Silver Knight being tortured in the background. A faint scream was heard and then laughter erupted throughout the server. Kayla turned around and walked back towards the group, just as she received an email.

[i][color=royalblue]TO: Kayla
SUBJECT: A very important question...

Ummm...Kayla? I have something I feel I have to ask you. If you can find the time, could you come to Mac Anu? I'll be back in the alley behind the Magic Shop...[/color][/i]

"Huh. Well, I guess I have something else I must attend to. I'll just email you all later, ok?" With that, Kayla walked over to the Chaos Gate.

[color=purple]Delta-Aqua-Capital-Mac-Anu[/color]

Kayla made her way towards the Alley behind the Magic Shop; a sort of routine thing it seemed like to her. She did visit the Alley almost daily; it was a perfect spot to think so she did visit it often. As she walked down the alley, she wondered what Kia wanted to talk about.[/size]

[size=1]OOC: Okay, let's see if I can sort this out...

Kia looked left and right. No Kayla. Up, down, back, forward, no Kayla. So, Kayla wasn't here...okay, fair enough. The group probably had something important that came up, so Kayla couldn't come. [i]Well, it's not like I don't have the time to wait,[/i] Kia thought.
Then, a noise caught Kia's attention. Someone was walking down the alley towards her. Kia recognized Kayla's player right away as she came around the side of the alley. In response to Kayla's presence, Kia merely nodded her head.
[COLOR=Navy]"Hey, Kia,"[/COLOR] Kayla greeted as she picked a nice box to sit on, [COLOR=Navy]"What did you want to talk about?"[/COLOR]
Kia looked up for a moment before answering. [COLOR=Navy]"I just was thinking...it's been such a long time now...I don't think it would be all that important in your eyes, but could you tell me something?"
"Sure, Kia, what is it?"[/COLOR]
Kia stared back down at her feet, as though she was embarrased about what she was about to ask.
[COLOR=Navy]"Could you...tell me what it's like out there...?"[/COLOR] she asked.
[COLOR=Navy]"What do you mean?"
"You know, back home and all...what's it like? I've been here so long...I'm beginning to forget..."[/COLOR] Kia mumbled.
[COLOR=Navy]I still don't get-"
"On Earth, okay?! I've been stuck [i]here[/i] so long, I can't remember what it's like any more. Is it even worth saving all these people?"[/COLOR] Kia shouted.
[COLOR=Navy]"Kia, I don't get it. Why are you talking like this? Of course it's worth it! We are talking about the potential lives of over six-billion people, here! It could be a resurgance of Pluto's Kiss!"[/COLOR] Kayla argued, irritated by Kia's mood.
[COLOR=Navy]"That's not what I'm asking, Kayla,"[/COLOR] Kia replied, trying to get a grip on herself again. [COLOR=Navy]"I'm asking you about what it [i]is[/i] like out there. What time of year is it? What [i]year[/i] is it? Are the people still heartless snobs like they were when I was around?"[/COLOR]
Kayla thought for about a half-second, collecting all the information Kia wanted, and relayed it to her. [COLOR=Navy]"Oh, I see what you mean now. Well, it's around the middle of the year now...all the trees are green, everyone's going about their own business...hardly anyone is any sort of 'snob', by any means."[/COLOR] [i]well, there are some exceptions,[/i] Kayla thought, thinking of Lios and CC Corp. Kia seemed satisfied by this.
[COLOR=Navy]"I'm still having trouble seeing the point in all this..."[/COLOR] Kia said testily.
[COLOR=Navy]"What do you mean?"
"Look at it this way. Even if we [i]do[/i] defeat the Wave here and now, which I think is a big 'if', they're bound to come back. Like I said way back a while ago when we first met, me and my friends have already done it once. Now look what's happened: the Wave's back. Kayla, I think we're fighting a war we can't win. I'm beginning to think...that the Wave perpetuates itself in this 'game'."
"Are you saying...you think even when we beat it, the Wave will come back?"[/COLOR] Kayla asked.
[COLOR=Navy]"That's what I'm thinking. Still..."[/COLOR] Kia reasoned, [COLOR=Navy]"as long as we all stick together, and stay close in each-others' hearts, that's what makes it all worth fighting, isn't it?"[/COLOR]

A gun went off in Kayla's head.

[CENTER][i]How Macha is explained in the Epitaph and her particular role, do mean that it is a most defintely a girl and that she is someone that we know and trust.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Macha seduces with the sweet trap.
Wave reaches the Pinnacle, and escape none can.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Seduces with the sweet trap...Seducing...that has something to do with, well, I'd say, love. So whomever this Phase is, she wants people to love her. To truly love her...Getting someone to love her so she can lure them into a trap...or something like that...[/CENTER]

[CENTER]The sweet snare of conciliation...she wants to gain our trust, our friendship. It all helps her.[/i][/CENTER]

Kayla looked shrewdly at Kia, putting everything she knew about her into sharp relief. [i]She can't log out like a normal player, something she blames on being trapped. It's common knowledge that a computer program wouldn't be able to log out. She also knows a lot about the Wave, and I don't seriously believe the Wave could 'perpetuate' itself like she said...Everyone else we know can log out...and just now, she really tried to make me believe that we should all trust one another...[/i]
[COLOR=Navy]"Ummm...s-sorry, Kia...I...have to go now. Something just, uh...came up..."[/COLOR] Kayla stammered, quickly running out of the alley. On her way, she typed up a hurried message to Sakura.

[COLOR=DarkRed][b]TO:[/b] Sakura
[b]FROM:[/b] Kayla
[b]SUBJECT:[/b] Macha[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]I think I just figured out who Macha is! Meet me by the chaos gate at fort Ouph, and bring the group with.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]OOC: Well, I thought this might be fun to play around with, so...yeah.[/COLOR][/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=blue]wow...[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]---------[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]Sakura had just followed everyone but Kayla to Mac Anu, and was about to board Subaru's boat when she received an email.[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1][color=purple][b]TO:[/b] Sakura
[b]FROM:[/b] Kayla
[b]SUBJECT:[/b] Macha

I think I just figured out who Macha is! Meet me by the chaos gate at fort Ouph, and bring the group with.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=#800080][/color][/size]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=blue]Sakura dropped her blades. [i]Kayla...found out who the phase is? No way...I wonder who she suspects. Oh well, lets go. [/i]"Sakura? Earth to Grunty Girl?? Hello?" Sora said, snapping his fingers in front of Sakura's face. Sakura shook her head and grabbed her blades. "We have to go back to Fort Ouph! Its an emergancy!" She said ergently, pushing everyone off the boat and over towards the Chaos Gate.[/color][/size][/font]
[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]Aerial City Fort Ouph[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=blue][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]Kayla impatiently tapped her foot, waiting for the group to warp in. "Where the heck are---" She started. The group warped in right in the middle of her sentence. "So who is it? Who is it?" Sakura asked, half excited half worried. The group growled with annoyance. "Who is what? Why the heck are we here? What are you talking about??" They asked in unison. Sakura grinned. "You know how Phase Six, Macha, is supposed to suprise us? You know she's supposed to suduce us until we have to fight her? Well Kayla finally found out who it is!" She said.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]Kayla nodded. "Yup. Through my investigations, I've concluded that Macha is none other than....Kia!" She said, trying to sound very scientific and professional. Instantly, the group started whispering and muttering with each other. "Kia? Are you serious, Kayla? Kia's still a newbie!" Sakura said angrilly. Kayla sighed. "Will you just let me explain my evidence?" She asked.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1][color=navy]OOC: *cries* I lost my entire post because I accidentally restarted my computer...*mutters threatening things towards her computer*[/color]

"Well, you all know what it says about Macha in the Epitaph of Twilight, right?" Kayla questioned the group. All but a few shook their heads. "Oh great. Well, lets start there then."

"Macha's name in the Epitaph is [i]the Temptress[/i], so that gives me the conclusion that whomever Macha may be, it must be a girl that we all know and trust."

"[i]Macha seduces with the sweet trap.
Wave reaches the Pinnacle, and escape none can.[/i]"

"She seduces with the sweet trap. Whomever this Phase may be, she's trying to get us to love her; to truly love her so she can lure us into a false sense of security and then trap us."

"[i]The sweet snare of conciliation is Macha
The Waves, an exceeding maelstrom
Nothing can escape[/i]"

"The sweet snare of conciliation, that means that she wants us to trust her to be friends with her. It all helps her."

"Do you understand? She can't log out like a normal player, something she blames on being trapped. It's common knowledge that a computer program wouldn't be able to log out. She also knows a lot about the Wave, and I don't seriously believe the Wave could 'perpetuate' itself like she said...Everyone else we know can log out...and just now, she really tried to make me believe that we should all trust one another..." Kayla finished explaining.

Sakura spoke up. "But, what about the comatose victims? They can't log out." Kayla nodded. "I know, I thought of that. But comatose victims actually [i]exist[/i] on the outside world. Kia doesn't. She only exists in 'the World.' Its her only home which makes me believe that she might just be a computer program."

"Oh, I see."
"I get it."
"I guess it could be possible."
"Yeah, sure."

Their feelings were mutual; they all thought that it could be possible that Kia was Phase 6. Kayla's findings and thoughts on the subject were reasonable and believable, there was almost no reason for them [i]not[/i] to believe that it could be true. "But, everyone, just because it does sounds like Kia might be Phase 6, we all have to remember that its just a theory; a possibilty. She might not be the Phase and we'll only know the truth when the Phase comes. So, until then, we have to continue treating Kia as we all normally do. We don't want her thinking that we suspect her of anything, now, get lost all of you. I'm done explaining." Kayla demanded and everyone, except Sakura, logged out.

Sakura approached Kayla. "So, whatcha wanna do?" she queried. Kayla shrugged. "Might as well head to Mac Anu." she said and turned around to face the Chaos Gate.

[color=navy]OOC: Leaving me to explain everything...typical. =P Just kidding.[/color][/size]

[size=1]Kia just sat there, staring at the space Kayla had been sitting in. A tiny little voice in the back of her head was beginning to scream at her to PK Kayla mercilessly until she apologised, much to Kia's surprise. She put the thought out of her head, wondering where it had come from. It was uncharacteristic, rude, and highly unlike her to think like that...
After about fifteen minutes, she decided to take a little walk. She got about as far as the bridge before she stopped, listening to the various conversations going on around her. All sorts of things were going on. Experts ripping off new players who didn't know better. Three players huddled off near the back part of the town. There were even a couple perverts under the bridge, attempting to be 'naughty'. (it didn't work, of course; such actions don't function in 'the World')
[COLOR=Navy]"I think after that little meeting we all just had, I've figured out a nickname for you!"[/COLOR] rang a whimsical, utterly annoying voice from behind her. She turned around and barely managed to recoginse Sora standing behind her, grinning his mischievious little smirk. He cleared his voice and turned to a rather large group of people passing by. [COLOR=Navy]"Attention, everyone! I'd like to introduce you to my little friend...the Temptress!"[/COLOR] he announced, obviously speaking of Kia. She immediately knew what he was talking about. He was naming her after Macha, for some reason.
She tilted her head in confusion and looked at him as the equally confused crowd frowned and turned away and resumed their normal business. [COLOR=Navy]"Hey, what are you talking about?"[/COLOR] she demanded.
[COLOR=Navy]"Oh, that's right! You seem to have missed our little 'staff meeting' just now!"[/COLOR] Sora replied with obvious playfullness and thoughtlessness, [COLOR=Navy]"It seems a certain someone, who's name I will not mention but her initials are KAYLA, has come under the silly impression that you could be the one, the only, Macha, our beloved little 'phase 6' thing!"[/COLOR] His cheery, uncaring voice was beginning to grate on Kia's ears like someone relentlessly playing a kazoo during a funeral progression.
[COLOR=Navy]"What?! Kayla thinks I'm Macha? That I've just been working with you guys to gain your trust? That's...that's rediculous!"
"Is it?"[/COLOR] Sora asked with that same annoying cantor he always spoke in, [COLOR=Navy]"Or is it so rediculous...it's the most rediculously perfect idea you've ever thought of?!"[/COLOR] he ended with a maniacal laugh.
[COLOR=Navy]"No, just the regular sort of rediculous..."[/COLOR] Kia muttered, beginning to panic. What had been going on during the time Kayla had been gone? Had she really thought up the crazy idea that Kia was Macha? What was Sora doing here, making light of such an important matter?
Sora gave her a sly, malicious grin. [COLOR=Navy]"Of course, Kayla said we should just act normal around you so you didn't think we were suspicious of you...but where's the fun in that?"[/COLOR] He extended his twin blades as he ended.
Kia stepped cautiously away from him, glancing at those deadly-sharp blades. He [i]was[/i] a known PKer, after all. [COLOR=Navy]"Ummm...I-I have no idea...er...what you're talking about, Sora..."[/COLOR] she stammered. Then, her nerves got the best of her and she ran for dear life away from him, darting into her alley. She was a twinblade, after all, and there was no way he'd be able to catch her. What she hadn't realized was that he was also a twinblade and, for that matter, a much better player than she was. As she reached the opening at the end of the alley, she felt a whisk of air behind her and discovered her mistake.
Sora stood close behind her with his blades crossed against her neck and his head resting lightly on her shoulders. She was cornered now, pressed up against one of the boxes and with Sora grinning smugly behind her.
[COLOR=Navy]"Have I told you yet how much I hate a fair fight?"[/COLOR] he asked, breathing down her neck, [COLOR=Navy]"Whenever we go into these fights against these little 'phase' thingys, we always end up getting pounded until Kite does that wierd thing of his, then it's like we have to fight them [i]all over again[/i]. Now, Kayla may be fine with all this, and is okay with the idea of acting 'normal' around you, but on the other hand, if she's right, and you [i]are[/i] Macha, eventually you're going to try to kill us all. Personally..."[/COLOR] he said, lowering his voice down to a whisper...

[COLOR=Navy]"Personally, I think I'd much prefer killing you instead, here and now."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]"Just think of all the trouble it'll save the group, and I'm sure you'll understand.[/COLOR] he laughed in Kia's ear, and the only reason she didn't flinch at the noise was because doing so would send her head rolling across the floor.
[COLOR=Navy]"Who knows?"[/COLOR] he said, cracking up, [COLOR=Navy]It might even be painless! I wouldn't know, I'm not 'trapped' (coughcoughyeahrightcoughcough) like you."[/COLOR] he tightened his hold on her, and began to slide his blades across each-other almost mockingly.
In what she figured might be the last moments of her life, Kia tried to justify Kayla's seemingly traitorous theory on her being Macha.
[i]Maybe she's right...I might not have always been Macha, but who knows? I've already had my data reprogrammed twice now...once when I...when I died, and once in that freak incident when Lios drained me. For all I know, turning me into Macha could be easy...and besides, Fidchell prophesized that this would happen...

[CENTER]The avenger is coming for you...when he finds you...you shall become one with the wave...and share in our glory as we purge this place of the ones more fortunate than yourself![/CENTER]

Could Fidchell possibly have rewritten me into Macha while I was passed out? Could I really be Macha, the Temptress? It actually seems highly probable, now that I think of it...If that's the case, Sora can kill me now...I don't want to hurt the others...[/i]
Kia slowly closed her eyes and braced herself.
[COLOR=Navy]"Go ahead, Sora...like you said, it's for the best, right?"[/COLOR]
Sora smiled with satisfaction. [COLOR=Navy]"I thought you'd see it my way."[/COLOR]
Kia felt the blades tighten up as Sora tensed himself, prepared to strike. The blades drew themselves closer to her neck.
At the last possible second, however, both Kayla's and Sakura's voice shouted from around the corner. [COLOR=Navy]"SORA! WHAT THE *expletive deleted* ARE YOU DOING?!"[/COLOR]
Kia felt the blades drop away from her. She breathed a sigh of relief, as well as disappointment. Somewhere behind her, she heard Sora complaining.
[COLOR=Navy]"Hey, I was just trying to help!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]OOC: At this point, Kia starts believing that she actually [i]is[/i] Macha, regardless of what anyone else says or thinks.[/COLOR][/size]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=blue]As Kayla and Kia started discussing things out of earshot, Sakura angrily dragged Sora over to the Chaos Gate. "I'm taking you where there'll be no witnesses!" She said maliciously after Sora helplessly asked where she was taking him.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]Delta-Hidden-Forbidden-Holy Ground[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font] [/center]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=blue]"What the hell do you think you're doing, PKing someone who can't log out. Kia's our friend, even if she's a Phase! It wouldn't be her fault if she attacked us! Besides, I think I have some proof that she isn't! I don't believe Kia's Macha! Not at all! And if you killed her then, if we didn't stop you, then Kia would've been lost forever! She's friggen dead on the outside! She would've been like Kayla's cousin!" Sakura shouted.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]"You actually expect me to fight fair? Sakura you're out of your mind. I'm not going to wait for someone we trust to come up and kill us! Thats dumber than dumb! I rather be nice to the Silver Knight than do that!" Sora shouted back. The two had oviously forgotten where they were and didn't even think about using their blades to fight.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]"Me too, but thats our only option when we have no idea who Macha really is! We only have clues as to her identity. We won't know who she really is until we beat Gorre, just like Kite did before. If you want to help, then start by following orders, and not doing the exact opposite just for the hell of it! Your just like a little kid, you know that?" Sakura yelled, her voice getting softer and softer as she spoke. She was starting to actually realize what she was saying.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]"A little kid huh? Well, I'm not the one obsessing over comatose patients! Yeah, I saw your little book of info about them! Ever heard of obsessive compulsive dissorder?" Sora retalliated.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]"MY FATHER'S A COMATOSE PATIENT!"[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]"I USED TO BE A COMATOSE!"[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]Sakura gasped. "Seriously?" She asked, almost as quiet as a mouse. Sora nodded, still very frustrated. Sakura was silent for a moment, but then started to laugh a little. "Whats so funny?" Sora asked angrilly. Sakura shook her head. "Nothing. Its just, thats the first time I ever heard you shout like this. It doesn't suit you. Makes you look evil." She said. Sora smirked. "But I am evil." He said childishly, holding up one of his blades. Sakura cracked up. "Yeah right!" She said. Sora frowned. "Hey! Thats not nice!" He said before he started laughing with her.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]"Want to go get some pizza?" Sakura asked. Sora nodded. "My mom's cooking her ever so populaur three bean casserole. I rather eat anything than eat that. I'll meet you there!" He said before he warped out.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font] [/left]

[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]Aqua Capital Mac Anu[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center] [/center]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]Sakura looked around quickly and managed to see Kayla still in Kia's Alley. Sakura made her way there and quickly explained where she and Sora had been and were going now. "I'll tell some kinda important stuff a little later, Kayla." Sakura said before she Logged Out.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]--------------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#0000ff]Mwahahaha![/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1][color=navy]"Kia, I hope you don't hate me for thinking that you might be a Phase."[/color]

[color=red]"Oh, its fine, Kayla. I mean, you have good reason and...hell, it might even be true. I can't be for sure anymore...I mean, my data has been reprogrammed a few times, anything could be possible now."[/color]

Kayla sighed. [color=navy]"Well, you, uh, want to go to a dungeon or something?"[/color] she tentatively asked. Kia shook her head. [color=red]"No, not really. Maybe...some other time."[/color] she answered; seemingly in deep thought. [color=navy]"Well, I guess I'll just go find someone else then..."[/color] Kayla mumbled before walking away.

[color=purple]---Sigma-Greedy-My-Far-Thunder---[/color]

[color=navy]"LaRue Zot!"[/color] Kayla shouted, sending large skulls hurling down upon an Arucard; dwindling its health down to zero. [color=darkslateblue]"Its finally dead."[/color] Elk muttered, very relieved that it was finally dead. [color=indigo]"That monster wasn't [i]so[/i] hard, was it Elk?"[/color] Mia commented, looking around for the next [color=gold]Magic Portal.[/color] Upon spotting it, she began running towards it, but Kayla stopped her. [color=navy]"Wait, Mia. We have to open the Treasure Chest!"[/color] she yelled out. Mia halted and turned around.

Kayla approached the Chest and opened it to find some [color=green]Aromatic Grass[/color]. [color=navy]"Look, Mia. Some[/color] [color=green]Aromatic Grass[/color][color=navy]."[/color] she announced and removed it from the chest and immediately handed it to Mia who graciously accepted it.

[color=purple]---Delta-Aqua-Capital-Mac-Anu---[/color]

[color=navy]"Damn, its so boring around her. Where's the Silver Knight when you need him?"[/color] Kayla said, while sitting on the edge of a dock, gazing out over the water. [color=maroon]"Are you calling me useless?"[/color] the Silver Knight's voice rang out from behind her. Kayla snickered slightly. [color=navy]"Well, speak of the devil..."[/color] she muttered. [color=navy]"No, you're not entirely useless, I mean, you're useless when it comes to fighting, but when it comes to being tortured, you're the perfect person!"[/color] she stated before quickly standing up and turning around, so as not to be pushed into the water if the Silver Knight was angered by her statement.

[color=maroon]"Why you..."[/color] he growled and drew his sword. Kayla waggled her tongue at him before shouting Ap Do and running off into Kia's Alley.

[color=darkslategray]OOC: You know, I could do a lot more color coding...but, I don't think I should.[/color][/size]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki waved good bye to Sora before walking into her house. "Katsuki, dinner in five." Called her mother once she stepped inside. "I just ate pizza with Sora. Sorry mom." Katsuki replied back. Katsuki's mom appeared from the kitchen with an apron on and a wooden spoon in her hand. "Who's Sora?" She asked, her parental instincts taking control. "Mom, I have to meet Kayla in the game..." Katsuki lied, trying to avoid this conversation. "I'll confensgate your goggles if you take one more step upstairs." Her mother threatened.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=teal]"Sora's...a friend of mine..." Katsukui muttered. Her mother gave her an evil look. "Boy or girl?" She asked. Katsuki mumbled something inaudiable. "Speak up." Her mother comanded. "Its sorta ovious he's a boy...but...its not like that..." Katsuki said a little louder. Her mother went back into the kitchen. "Well, I want to meet him. Anyways, you can go now." She called back to Katsuki, who sprinted up the stairs.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][u]Aqua Capital Mac Anu[/u][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=blue]Sakura stormed through Mac Anu, completely stressed and agravated, pushing any newbie out of her way as she paced through the town. "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap! This sucks! CRAP!" She yelled, not caring who heard. "What sucks? Did you fall off your skateboard again?" Komo asked. Sakura nearly jumped from suprise. She was so angry she didn't notice that he was following her throughout the city.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#0000ff]"No. Much much [i]much[/i] worse than that, dad. Lets go somewhere else though..." Sakura said, looking around, making sure nobody was listening in on them.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][u]Net Slum[/u][/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=royalblue]"Net Slum is safer to talk than a Root Town?" Komo asked, very puzeled. "Yeah. Anyways, I just got back from eating pizza with Sora, and I accidently blabbed to mom that I went with Sora. Now she thinks we're together and he has to meet mom. Do you realize how disaterous this is going to be? This'll be worse than WW2! This is going to be...WW4! Even worse than the non-existent WW3!" Sakura explained.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#4169e1]Komo smiled. "That all? Just tell your mother that...I approve." He said. "Takes care of everyhthing." Sakura sighed. "One problem with your plan, dad. SHE DOESN"T BELIEVE ME WHEN I TELL HER YOU LIVE HERE!" She shouted. [/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#4169e1]"Why are you shouting?" Asked a voice. Sakura put her head in her hands and sighed. "Oh god please no..." She muttered as Balmung came into view. "Why are you asking?" Sakura asked. Balmung rolled his eyes at the question. "I'm curious to see if I can help." He said. Sakukra glared at him. "Curiousity killed the cat. And lets just say if you don't go away, you're going to be a cat." She growled. Balmung sighed and warped out. Sakura sighed with relief and continued scheming with her father.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#4169e1]------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=darkslateblue]hehehe...poor Dor--I mean, Balmung...Hey! I'm starting to color-code! I guess its contagious...[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1]Kia was tired of stressing about the whole 'phase' thing, so she decided to take a look through her inventory. [COLOR=Navy]"One [/COLOR][COLOR=Yellow]Divine Cross[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy]. Wonderful,"[/COLOR] she muttered sarcastically. She might as well just give it to one of the others...she didn't want it.

The inventory diversion...didn't last very long.

Thankfully, Kayla sped into the alley just then. Kia gaped at her like she was looking at a ghost.
[COLOR=Navy]"What is it?"[/COLOR] Kayla asked.
[COLOR=Navy]"You can't move that fast...it's impossible,"[/COLOR] Kia said, not changing her expression.
[COLOR=Navy]"Oh...that's a little spell of mine. It's called 'Ap Do'."[/COLOR] Kayla's staff sparked, casting the spell on her.
[COLOR=Navy]"What?! No! I didn't want to [i]cast[/i]it!"[/COLOR] she complained. Kia managed a half-hearted smile at this. Then she got an idea.
[COLOR=Navy]"Hey, Kayla? Can that spell be learned from an item?"[/COLOR] she asked.
[COLOR=Navy]"Yeah. You have to go to a dungeon starting with the keyword 'chronicling' (sp?). It's like a mini-game: you try to make it to the Zeit Statue under a certain time-limit."
"Awww...I knew there would be a catch..."[/COLOR] Kia moaned. Still, getting a hold of this item would be a great benefit to her: it would be easier to dodge attacks, and she would be able to avoid PKers like that jackass Sora. It could be dangerous to the others, though. When she turned into Macha (and she was confident now that she would), it would be just one more weapon in her arsenal against them. After weighing the pros and cons, Kia made her descision.
[COLOR=Navy]"Kayla? Do you think you could help me beat the trials?"[/COLOR] she asked.
[COLOR=Navy]"Sure, Kia. I'd be happy to,"[/COLOR] Kayla said abruptly. Her obvious lack of need to think it through startled Kia immensly.
[COLOR=Navy]"Um...thank you..."[/COLOR] she said slowly.

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOrchid]DELTA-Chronicling-Forbidden-Aqua Field[/COLOR][/CENTER]

As Kia and Kayla raced for the Zeit statue (Kia having trouble keeping up because Kayla was using Ap Do), Kia asked Kayla the question that had been upsetting her since she'd gotten this idea.
[COLOR=Navy]"Kayla, why are you...helping me?"
"Because that's what friends do, silly."
"But...I'm not your friend."
"What?"
"I'm Macha. Remember? You shouldn't help me...I might...turn on you."
"Do you honestly think that's true?"
"Yes. I believe it's true. I wish it wasn't..."[/COLOR] Kayla stopped in front of Kia, causing her to run into her and fall backwards. Kayla slowly pointed her staff threateningly at Kia's neck.
[COLOR=Navy]"Now you listen to me, Kia. Just because [i]I[/i] think you [i]could[/i] be an enemy, doesn't make it true. You need to stop being so hard on yourself [i]right now[/i]. I'm helping you now because I think...it's the right thing to do."[/COLOR] Kayla withdrew her staff and extended a friendly hand down, trying to help Kia up. [COLOR=Navy]"Come on. We're wasting time."[/COLOR]
Kia gratefully held out her hand, and Kayla helped her up. Then, the mad dash towards the Zeit Statue continued.

[CENTER][i]...The avenger is coming for you...when he finds you...you shall become one with the wave...[/i][/CENTER]

Kia puzzled over the prophecy. [i]The Avenger,[/i] she thought, [i]who's the Avenger?[/i] It seemed like a pretty common nickname a player would give themself. Who could it be? She decided she'd leave the riddle alone for now and focus on the task at hand.
A Tetra Armor popped out of the next portal. No sooner did Kia see that blazing red eye than she was in the furthest corner in the room from it. She was all too familiar with Tetra Armors: they had nearly ended her life many, many times.
[COLOR=Navy]"Kayla? What are we going to do?"[/COLOR] she whined pitiously as Kayla took a step towards the collosal monster. In her panic, she had completely forgotten that Kayla was a very high-level player.
[COLOR=Navy]"Don't worry,"[/COLOR] Kayla reassured, [COLOR=Navy]"leave this one to me..."[/COLOR][/size]

[size=1][color=navy]"Tetra Armor, huh? You don't look so tough to me!"[/color] Kayla taunted, darting around below the monster as it swung at her. She dodged a blow by inches and dashed behind the monster. [color=navy]"Take this! Mumyn Lei!"[/color] she shouted, waving her staff and casting a sleeping spell on the monster. The monster's eyes(if it has any, I can't remember) drooped and closed before it was sitting motionless in mid-air.

Kayla grinned. [color=navy]"I know how to finish you, OrGan Don!"[/color] she shouted and five large rocks appeared above the Tetra Armor. The stood in mid-air for a moment before crashing down on the monster. The Tetra Armor's HP fell considerably, but it wasn't dead yet. [color=navy]"Tougher than I thought...Alright, PhaVak[i]---[/i]"[/color] Just before she could finish shouting the spell, the Tetra Armor awoke from its sleep; swinging its arms furiously at her. Surprised by its awakening, Kayla had no time to dodge the attack; it sent her rolling halfway across the room where she came to a stop as she collided with the wall.

As Kayla was regaining her wits, the Tetra Armor had closed in on Kia in the corner. Not wanting Kia to die, for if she did, it would be the very end for her, she wouldn't be able to be resurrected with Rip Maen or a Resurrect item, Kayla quickly jumped up and charged over to the Tetra Armor.

[color=navy]"Hey! Mr. Tough Armor! Over here melon head! Yeah, I'm talking to you!"[/color] Kayla yelled out, in hopes that the Tetra Armor would turn around and come after Kayla instead. Just as Kayla had hoped, the Tetra Armor turned around and came charging after Kayla, who continued taunting it while she chose a good final attack to kill it with.

As the Tetra Armor came within striking distance of her, she shouted a spell. [color=navy]"RaVak Kruz!"[/color] she shouted. Large fireballs appeared above the Tetra Armor and came crashing into it, completing diminishing its HP. The monster fell to the ground and its body slowly disappeared.

Kayla sighed in relief as she glanced at her own HP. [color=navy]"Damn, that thing was stronger than it seemed. My HP's more than halfway gone."[/color] she stated, before using Phal Repth to heal herself and Kia. [color=navy]"You ok, Kia?"[/color] she questioned, as Kia slowly made her way over to Kayla. She nodded slowly. [color=red]"Yes, but, lets just hope that we don't run into another one of those..."[/color] Kayla grinned slightly. [color=navy]"Yeah, lets not. Especially one as strong as that one...that was really strange, especially considering we're in a[/color] [color=red]Delta[/color][color=navy] area..."[/color]

[color=darkslategray]OOC: Looks like a strange happening has ocurred...the monsters in normal area's are getting stronger as the group continues defeating Phases...I just thought that might be something interesting to add. ^_^;[/color][/size]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=blue]Sakura sighed as she stared up into the night sky of Carmina Getelica. She was laying down on the small wall lining the streets. Sakura sighed again. "Sooo bored...." She moaned. She couldn't get a hold of Sora or Kayla. The Silver Knight was at work. It seemed that everyone had something to do but her. "Ugh...THIS IS SO BORING!" She shouted to absolutely nobody, causing many people to stare at her. Sakura glared at the passer-byers. "What are you looking at? Is a girl being really bored so unusual that it would cause strangers to stare." She barked. All the staring players started to walk off.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#0000ff]"You don't change very easily, do you?" Asked one of the staring players. "Oh thank god. You can't imagine how bored I was, Crim. It was unbareable! Want to go do something?" Sakura asked eagerly. Crim thought for a moment. "Well, I did read something on the board about a rare item, but the item's for Long Arms...I'm sure that wouldn't interest you..." He said. "Wrong! I'll take anything to get me away from the Root Town!" She said, dragging Crim to the Chaos Gate.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][u]Lambda-Hidden-Solitary-Organ Market[/u][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][/center]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=navy]Crim and Sakura were halfway through the third basement and fighting a group of monsters. "So Sakura, still bored?" Crim asked, attacking one of the Magic Tolerent creatures. Sakura grinned. "No not really. Right now, I'm actually kind of annoyed..." She said. Crim finished off his monster and helped Sakura finish hers. "Annoyed about what?" He asked as the two started walking towards the next room. "These monsters. They are really hard, yet I get barely any exp points. What a rip!"She said, opening a treasure chest and getting a low-leveled piece of armor.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#000080]"Whats the point of keepng this thing if my class can't even use it? Here Crim, you can use it. Not sure if you want to, but here." She said, giving it to Crim.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=darkslateblue]-----------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Yeah, I am that bored to be dragging [i]Crim[/i] of all people into this. I'm not a huge fan of Crim...[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1][COLOR=Navy]"Really?!"[/COLOR] Kia squealed, [COLOR=Navy]"That's terrible! I thought they were always tough..."[/COLOR] Together, Kia and Kayla ran through the dungeon like there was a devil at their heels.
Finally, they were at the bottom, and as Kia breathed rapidly in and out, the Zeit Statue told them their time.

"Your time was 6:03 (six minutes, three seconds). Sorry, but you didn't make it in time."

[COLOR=Navy]"****!"[/COLOR] Kayla shouted, the game blocking out the profanity, [COLOR=Navy]"It's because of that stupid Tetra Armor!"[/COLOR] she kicked the statue and turned to Kia. [COLOR=Navy]"I'm sorry...we weren't fast enough to get the item..."
"It's okay, Kayla,[/COLOR] Kia assured with a slight catch in her voice, [COLOR=Navy]"maybe it's for the better."
"Are you still going on about that Mach-"[/COLOR]
Kia's eyes snapped open as though she was staring at a ghost. [i]She stood on the glowing field of the Phases. A horrible monstrosity appeared before her. 'I've found you...' it spoke ominously, it's voice echoing through the eerie high-pitched whistle of the corrupted field. It looked like a curvy...thin...grey thing with three holes in a trianglar formation on what was presumably it's face. The entire entity seemed to be made of stone except...it was skewered through by a large, blood-red spike. It slowly drifted up above her, and as she looked up, to her horror, the holes welled up with reddish liquid which started pouring down on her. Soon she was baptised in the crimson fluid, and it made her sick. She felt so dirty that she could never be clean again. 'You belong to us...' And then, she was falling...falling...falling...[/i]
[COLOR=Navy]"Kia? Kia? This isn't funny anymore!"[/COLOR] Kia's eyes fluttered, and slowly she opened them to see Kayla's face.
[COLOR=Navy]"What...happened?"[/COLOR] Kia asked weakly.
[COLOR=Navy]"Well, first it was like you were in a trance or something. You just stared at me with your eyes open. Then you just sort of passed out and fell backwards. Then you started writhing on the ground. It was...kinda scary..."
"I had...a dream, I guess...more of a nightmare, actually."
"What did you see?"
"I saw..."[/COLOR]

[CENTER][i]...The Avenger is coming for you...[/i][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Navy]"TARVOS! I saw Tarvos! And...and...he said..."
"What? What did it say to you?"
"Nothing..."[/COLOR] Kia mumbled, afraid of what it might mean if she told kayla, [COLOR=Navy]"It didn't say anything to me..."[/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Aqua Capital Mac-Anu[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[i]Tarvos! Tarvos the Avenger! How could I be so stupid?![/i] Kia scolded herself mercilessly. [i]Of course! Fidchell was telling me about Tarvos! But...what does it mean?[/i] She continued, her mind racing. She needed something to distract herself with, and she found it. She pivoted, turning on a heel, to face Kayla.
[COLOR=Navy]"Thank you for trying to help me, Kayla. You did your best..."[/COLOR] Kia bowed in thanks, then without another word, raced off to her alley. On her way, some snot-nosed expert player tripped her, and she crashed face-first into the ground, sliding a few feet before coming to a halt.
[i]Owww...[/i] She thought. Then, she spied something on the ground. Curious, she picked it up. [i]What's this?[/i] she wondered. It looked like...well, it looked like grass, but it had a certain smell to it...a certain...[i]intoxicating[/i] scent. [i]Hmmm? This is [COLOR=DarkGreen]aromatic grass[/COLOR]![/i] She realized. She ran into her alley and held it in her hands, staring down at it. Kia knew Mia liked this item, but...but...perhaps [i]she[/i] would keep it. Why not? It was a collectible item, and besides, it had that lovely scent to it...[i]Yes,[/i] Kia thought to herself, [i]I think I'll keep this...and maybe try to find some more...[/i]
Suddenly, Mia came around the corner.
[COLOR=Navy]"Hey, whatcha got there?"[/COLOR] she asked curiously.
[COLOR=Navy]"Oh, what? [i]This[/i]? It's, ummm...it's nothing..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]OOC: No, Kia's not getting high off aromatic grass. Still, you wonder why they call it 'aromatic'? I suspect something fishy...like pot or something...:shifty: Oh, and by the way, the Tarvos sequence is actually one of my more...disturbing .hack nightmares![/COLOR][/size]

[size=1][color=darkslategray]OOC: Not getting high, huh? Sure... I do agree that its fishy, though. I betcha if it was real, someone [i]could[/i] get high off of it.[/color]

Kayla wandered around Mac Anu for a little while and bartered with other players for their items in exchange for some of Kayla's rarer items. All of the players had little trust in Kayla that they were real items because they were so foreign to the players; none of them even recognized the names of any of the items that she had. After an hour or so, Kayla gave up and warped to an area to think.

[color=purple]---Delta-Hidden-Forbidden-Holy-Ground---[/color]

[color=navy]"What the...? New text?"[/color] Kayla observed as she read over the stone tablet in front of the strange statue of Aura in the church-like structure. [color=navy]"T he p as sag e of t i me i s irr e ve rsib le.
Bi rt h or De a t h.
No w o nly t hes e tw o c ho i ces rem a in.
A u ra, t he C h il d o f Lig ht .
E mm a 's d aug hte r.
M y daug ht er."[/color]

[color=navy]"What the hell? And there's still more?"[/color] she commented as she squatted down to read the rest of the text. [color=navy]"Shu nnin g t he fiel d b r oke n b y Wav e,
T he sha dowed g i rl w hi sper s,
"S u r ely I w i ll r e turn."
A las, t he tr ut h un be k nown st,
Awa itin g h e r a t jou rn ey's e nd:
E terna l mou rn ing f or he r l a nd."[/color]

[color=navy]"That's...a part of the epitaph, but, what's that other part? I know that Emma is the one who wrote the Epitaph of Twilight, but who wrote those words? Why were they written?"[/color] Kayla muttered to herself before something came to mind. [color=navy]"Harald, Harald loved Emma and when she died, he attempted to make an AI child. His child. His and Emma's child...But, Harald couldn't have written that, he's dead. But...what about...AI. AI Harald, maybe...it could have written it."[/color] Kayla didn't know much about Harald and Emma, most of what she had learned was from Helba, Kite and the Wavemaster Wiseman. Kayla wasn't real sure about the message; all she knew was that Kite, Helba or Wiseman were the three people who could probably tell her more about it.

[color=purple]---Net-Slum---[/color]

As Kayla warped in, she was greeted...by no one. [color=navy]"Helba's not here? That's a first."[/color] she noted and began looking around for the AI's. As she rounded a corner, she came upon Lios, about to delete AI Jinn. Just as Lios shot a deletion beam at Jinn, Kayla ran in and knocked Jinn away with her staff. Jinn stumbled off to the side and warped out. Kayla glanced at her staff which was now only half of a staff; the deletion had, instead of hitting Jinn, hit her staff and deleted half of it.

Lios chuckled. [color=green]"Oh, how heroic you arrogant little child. Risking deletion of your limited edition staff, just to save trash data; garbage. Oh, look, it seems as if your staff [i]has[/i] been deleted, partially anyway. Now, I'm sure you have no more use for this, now do you?"[/color] Lios snorted and swiped Kayla's staff from her hands before fully deleting it. Kayla glared at him. [color=navy]"Where's Helba?"[/color] she demanded. Lios smiled. [color=green]"Helba has been sent away, for a long, long time."[/color] he answered. Kayla was furious. [color=navy]"You, you Pig-Head! You know all too well that Helba's not the cause of all of this! Nor are any of the other Hackers! Why, why don't you believe it? I mean, you experienced all of this before, the first time it happened. What's changed since then?"[/color]

[color=green]"Back then was the first time that it happened. The Wave was killed back then; I know it. Now, now its a different story. There's just no way that the Wave could be back. I don't believe it; this time, it has to be the Hackers; having fun, sitting back and watching as everyone suffers from all of this devastation that the 'Wave' is causing. I'm sure that they created it this time. They created a replica of it."[/color]

[color=navy]"Its not true, Lios. The Wave is back; you may have killed it back then, but its come back. Its the real thing; there's no way a Hacker could create something like the 'Wave!' And now look what you've gone and done, Lios, you've gotten Helba arrested. I'm sure this wont mean the end of our operations, but it'll defintely make it more difficult to advance with our operations. Its your fault Lios; its your fault if more players fall comatose because of the Wave because our operations have been slowed; its your fault."[/color] Kayla spat at him, furious. She then quickly warped out.

[color=purple]---Flat-Stage---[/color]

[color=navy]"Stupid Lios, he doesn't know anything. Stupid Pig-Head. Stupid bastard. Baka, baka, baka!"[/color] Kayla shouted out angrily while she messed around with the blank area that surrounded her, changing her surroundings periodically as her mood elevated, by hacking into the system. [color=navy]"I wonder if Kite and Wiseman know...I wonder if...anyone else knows yet...I haven't gotten any new News, so, they must not have released the information yet. Or, maybe Lios was lying. Oh, I don't know anymore! I guess I wont tell anyone until I've heard about it from someone else. I really don't trust the Pig-Head; especially not with information like 'Helba's in jail'."[/color] Kayla thought out loud. She sighed and changed the scenery back to its normal white before warping out back to Theta Server.

[color=darkslategray]OOC: Just thought I'd add some more odd twists to the story. I've got a few others in store, too. ;) Oh, and Flat Stage is that one blank area that you visit in Mutation after receiving an email that says 'If you want to know how to save the comatose patients blah, blah, blah' and the Lios is there and stuff.[/color][/size]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=blue]"Are you sure thats what he meant, that Helba's in jail? She could be on vacation...or maybe out of town on a buisness trip...she doesn't have to be in jail..." Sakura said. She and Kayla had met up by the Mac Anu Chaos Gate. Kayla nodded worriedly. After thinking about it a little more, she had started to worry. "I keep a sharp eye on the news, and I haven't seen anything. I'm sure Lios would've alerted every single news station once he found out that Helba's been arrested. You've gotta have faith. Helba's a lot smarter than Lios, and even smarter than she seems. And she seems pretty damn smart to begin with!" Sakura said.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=blue][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=blue]Kayla smiled. "Yeah, you're right Sakura. She wouldn't get caught so easily. I'll email her and see whats up." She said. Sakura stood up. "I'll put a coded message up on the board...that ought to get her attention." She said. Kayla frowned. "But what if Lios deletes it?" She asked. Sakura grinned. "It'll get her attention even more. I'll see you tomorrow. I have to go to bed after I post..." She said, logging out after Kayla said bye.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#0000ff][/color][/size][/font]
[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][u]Message Board[/u][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][u][font=Arial][size=1][color=#708090][/color][/size][/font][/u] [/center]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=slategray]Subject: Queen of Darkness...[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#708090]From: Sakura[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#708090][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#708090]Queen of Darkness, the Pig-Head said somethings. Meet us in Paradise.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1][color=royalblue][i]To: Helba
Subject: Pig-Head

Helba, the Pig-Head has been saying that you're in jail, is this true? Well, if its not, email me back ASAP.[/i][/color]

After sending the message to Helba, Kayla quickly checked the boards and found Sakura's message.

[i][color=seagreen]Subject: Queen of Darkness...
Author:[/color][color=red] -----DELETED-----
-----------------------MESSAGE DELETED--------------------[/color][/i]

Kayla smiled slightly. [color=navy]"Stupid Pig-Head."[/color] she mumbled and Logged back in.

[color=purple]---Net-Slum---[/color]

Kayla glanced around. No one was there, except a few AI's. Kayla decided to interrogate them; it might be a useful to get information.

[color=navy]"Alright, Sconk, what's the Pig-Head been doing lately, huh?"[/color]
[color=seagreen]"I don't know. I really really don't know."[/color]
[color=navy]" -.- Alright, Dorin, Pig-Head, what's he been up to?"[/color]
[color=gray]"Pig Headed talks of Helba much...says she is gone away forever. Dorin not believe. Helba is here, still here."[/color]
[color=navy]"Helba's still here? Where---"[/color]
[color=sienna]"I'm right here, Kayla."[/color] Helba's voice rang out from behind her. Kayla turned around to come face to face with Helba. [color=navy]"Helba! I knew it! I knew that you hadn't been arrested!"[/color] Kayla exclaimed.

Helba smiled. [color=sienna]"Actually, I had been. But I was released for lack of sufficient evidence. That stupid Pig-Head couldn't even find substantial evidence to use against me in court. His lack of intelligence rears is ugly head more and more, every day..."[/color]

Kayla laughed. [color=navy]"Well, did you get Sakura's message?"[/color] Helba nodded. [color=sienna]"I did, just before the Pig-Head deleted it. Even if he had deleted before I had read it, there is more than one way to read a deleted message...I also got your email, Kayla but instead of replying to it, I decided to wait for you here. I knew that Net Slum was where you were probably going to be."[/color]

[color=navy]"Well, Helba, I really wish we could talk more, but, I have to get off to bed. Its getting late."[/color]

[color=sienna]"Completely understandable. I expect I'll see you in the morning?"[/color]

Kayla nodded. [color=navy]"Yeah, I'll get on as soon as I wake up. Night, Helba."[/color] with that, Kayla Logged Out and went off to bed.[/size]

[size=1][COLOR=Navy]"Seriously, Kia, what do you have that ou don't want me to see?!"[/COLOR] Mia asked again, becoming visibly iritated at Kia's immature behavior.
[COLOR=Navy]"I told, you, it's nothing!"[/COLOR] Kia asserted, holding the [COLOR=DarkGreen]aromatic grass[/COLOR] closer to her.
[COLOR=Navy]"I know you're hiding something, Kia."
"no, I'm not."
Yes, you are."
"No, I'm not."
"Yes, you are."
No, I'm not."
Yes, you are."
No, I'm not!"
Yes, you are!"
Yes, I am!"
No, you're not!"
"HA!"[/COLOR] Kia shouted triumphantly, pointing an accusing finger at Mia, [COLOR=Navy]"I got you!"[/COLOR] Mia rolled her eyes in impatience.
[COLOR=Navy]"I do [i]not[/i] have time for this!"[/COLOR] she exclaimed. [COLOR=Navy]"If you're not holding anything, then prove it!"
"What?"
"You heard me. Since you seem to be so sure of yourself, prove it. Hold your hands out so I can see them."[/COLOR] Mia explained.
[COLOR=Navy]"No way!"[/COLOR] Kia shouted, taking exception. [COLOR=Navy]"You can't tell me what to do!"[/COLOR]
[i]How childish,[/i] Mia thought, [i]nothing like Kia usually acts...[/i]
[COLOR=Navy]"Kia, if you don't show me what you're hiding [i]right now[/i], I'm gonna PK you!"[/COLOR] Mia threatened jokingly.
[COLOR=Navy]"NO!"[/COLOR] Kia shouted, obviously not realizing it was a joke, stood up, pushed past Mia, and darted with speed only a twinblade can move with towards the chaos gate, where she hastily shouted a random keyword and warped into a field.
Mia was about to follow her when she noticed that in her rush, Kia had dropped some of what she had been hiding from her. She picked it up and examined it closely. [i]This is...[COLOR=DarkGreen]aromatic grass[/COLOR]![/i] She thought. [i]Why, that selfish little girl! Everyone knows [/i]I'm[i] the one that collects [COLOR=DarkGreen]aromatic grass[/COLOR]![/i]
[COLOR=Navy]"Kia, get back here!"[/COLOR] she shouted, running hopelessly to the chaos gate.

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOrchid]DELTA-Hidden-Forbidden-Holy Ground[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Navy]"Whew,"[/COLOR] Kia puffed as she warped into the area, [COLOR=Navy]"now...where am I?"[/COLOR] She looked up at the huge chapel ahead of her. The area had become unstable, and white noise buzzed softly in her ears. Kia recognized the shapel suddenly.
[COLOR=Indigo]"Oh...I know this place...what a coincidence..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][b]TO:[/b] everyone
[b]FROM:[/b] Kia
[b]SUBJECT:[/b] just an update...

Just in case anyone wants to know, I'm at [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Delta-Hidden-Forbidden-Holy Ground[/COLOR][COLOR=DarkRed]. If anyone needs me, you know where to find me.[/COLOR][/size]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=royalblue]"Welcome to Paradise, Sakura." Helba welcomed. Sakura grinned widely. "I never thought I'd be happy to hear those words, Helba. So what happened? Did you really go to jail? Or did Lios just make it all up? What happened?" She asked. Sakura had woken up earlier than Kayla, nearly earlier than everyone else as well. Helba explained the whole ordeal to her. "Hehehe. Stupid Pig-Head. Can't even get proper evidence. Geez, he should've known he couldnn't get you!" Sakura said. Helba smiled and nodded. "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't even the least bit worried, though. I had my doubts at times." She said, with some worry in her voice.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#4169e1]Sakura sighed, not knowing if she should comfort Helba or not. She yawned. "I should go back to bed. I stayed up late last night, and if I'm a total zombie around my mom, I'll get in trouble... Later, Helba. And don't worry: That Pig-Head is completely empty. He doesn't have the brains to capture you!" Sakura said, giving Helba a thumbs-up before logging out.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#4169e1]------------[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Just felt like putting down something like that.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Lucida Console][size=1][color=deepskyblue]EDIT: Sorry, I fergot about stuff...[/color][/size][/font]

[size=1]Kayla yawned sleepily. [color=navy]"Its too early...but, I must play..."[/color] she mumbled as she turned on her computer and grabbed her controller. Once the computer had booted up, she clicked 'the World' icon and slipped on her Neuro Goggles.

[color=purple]---ALTIMIT-Browser---[/color]

[color=navy]"New mail, huh?"[/color]

[color=royalblue][i]TO: everyone
SUBJECT: just an update...

Just in case anyone wants to know, I'm at [/color][color=purple]Delta-Hidden-Forbidden-Holy Ground[/color][color=royalblue]. If anyone needs me, you know where to find me.[/color][/i]

[color=purple]---Net Slum---[/color]

[color=sienna]"Welcome, to Paradise."[/color] Helba routinely said as Kayla warped in. [color=navy]"Hey, Helba! You seen the Pig-Head around?"[/color] Kayla questioned, wanting to go make fun of him for not being able to find substantial evidence against Helba. Helba smiled. [color=sienna]"He's where he always is, in Carmina Gadelica."[/color] she answered. Kayla grinned and thanked her, before warping out.

[color=purple]---Lambda-Cultural-City-Carmina-Gadelica---[/color]

[color=navy]"Hey, Pig-Head!"[/color] Kayla shouted as Lios walked past the Magic Shop. He immediately turned around. [color=green]"What?!"[/color] he demanded. Kayla snickered. [color=navy]"So, how'd your court case against Helba go, huh?"[/color] Kayla questioned. Lios glared at her. [color=green]"That's none of your business."[/color]

[color=navy]"Oh, but I think it is. I hear that you didn't have substantial evidence against her."[/color]

[color=green]"Well, even if I didn't, that doesn't matter. I have men working right now to get evidence against her."[/color]

[color=navy]"You know it'll never work. Helba's smart, she'll keep finding ways to beat you."[/color]

[color=green]"Shut up, child! What do you know? I don't need to stand here and listen to you, because your only a child and these matters don't concern you!"[/color] Lios yelled in an outrage before warping out.

[color=navy]"Stupid Pig-Head..."[/color]

[color=purple]---Delta-Hidden-Forbidden-Holy-Ground---[/color]

Kayla gasped as she warped into the area. White noise was going across the area and their were patches of data missing everywhere in the landscape. [color=navy]"What's happened? Does...does this have something to do with that new writing I found?"[/color] she wondered to herself before running up to the chapel and entering it.

Once inside, she found Kia, staring at an item she was holding. [color=navy]"Hey! Kia! Whatcha got there?"[/color]

[color=darkslategray]OOC: Mai, what do you mean, going to the hospital for your dad? He's dead, remember?[/color][/size]