OtakuBoards

.hack//TRUTH

DDG

Now that Kite had attacked Innis with Data Drain the fight got a bit more easier for the others. Everyone got into a different formation to take down the beast: Subaru, Crim, and SilverKnight took the front. Kite, Sora, Flame, an Kia took the rear of Innis. Bear and Sakura had his left while Coal, Blake, and Kayla took his right side to block him off, Elk, Shadow, and Helba healed the party with potions and ressurections when they died. Innis loked like it was about to be finished!

"Please just die" Elk said timidly.

"Your Dead" Sora laughed.

"Dont give up" Shadow instructed.

"We're almost done" Subaru stated.

"TAke this, and that, and that and that and that!" Flame roared.

"Alright, on my mark we attack him with everything we got" Kite instructed. After Inis did one of his attacks Kiteyelled, "ATTACK" to everyone. They Either attacked with magic, or a skill, or a basic attack to take down Innis. Once his health went all the way down the stones crumbled into peices and slowly fell to the ground, everyone cheered and congrudulated each other...they had finally defeated Innis. But after a while they were still in the area....they were all confused now.

"So whats the deal now?" Shadow asked Kia and Kayla while the others asked eachother the same thing.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkRed]Glad that's over with".Flame remarked."Oh crap"!
"What"?Kayla asked.
"I forgot that that I was going on a dungoen adventure with Python.Man this sucks".
"Can't you tell him to come here and join our party"?Shadow said.
"I guess I could.Could always use another fighter.I'll e-mail him".Flame sent a quick e-mail to Python and stood still for a while.
"So what class is your friend in"?Crim asked.
"He's a wavemaster.Wan't to be one so we didn't haft to invite along another one."
"Oh.Tell your dad I won't be at work tomarrow okay".
"Why you planning skippen work."
"Hey you skip school all the time and I haven't told your dad yet.So do this favor for me".
"Fine."
It turned out that Flame knew Crim very well becaues he worked for her father.A wavemaster appeared.
"Hey Flame!You said this would be a small group.Don't look small to me.Hey Crim's here alsome!"
"Ya well I lied.Sorry."Flame said sarcatly.After Flame introudused Python to everyone they waited for what Kayla wanted them to do next.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=blue][i]Innis was gone. Kia couldn't possibly be happier: the stupid thing had nearly killed her. In fact, she was pretty sure that if Kayla hadn't rescued her, she'd have been lost for sure. Kia decided somehow, in some way, she'd have to repay her some day. It would have to be something grand; a life saved is impossible to repay. Maybe after this whole mess was over, she would have time to figure out something really great, something big that she could do to pay tribute to Kayla. As she was thinking of this, a disturbing thought strayed into her mind...[/color]
[color=lime]Magus[/color][color=blue]. Thoughts of her former five-person-war on the 8 Phases flew into her head. Her best friend...what had her name been?...Kiara...yes, that had been it. Kiara had fallen into a coma at the hands of the Cursed Wave. More importantly, she had been sent into a coma by Magus. Just the name of the thing sent Kia into a white-hot fury against the Wave, the World, and everything in it. She remembered that she had killed Magus personally, after Kite had drained it. Oh, the satisfaction of completing her revenge...but afterwards, there had been nothing...just a sort of terrible empty feeling, the kind that eats one up from the inside. That feeling had never truly gone away, and Kia hated it. Now, Magus was back, and she'd be able to satisfy her lust for revenge again, and rid herself of the terrible empty feeling for a while.
There had been two phrases in the Epitaph to describe Magus...Kia had to remember back a while to call it back to her mind. But she did soon remember, and she said it out loud, though she didn't realize it:[/color]

[b]...And by the power of Magus,
a drop from the Wave doth reach the heavens,
and creates a new Wave.

...the Wave soaring high, when it's head is smashed,
a new Wave shall replace it,
to become Magus' power.[/b][/i]

[color=purple]"Huh?"[/color][color=blue][i]the others asked, aside from Kayla; she already knew the mysterious poem.[/i][/color]
[color=purple]"It's a part of a grand poem,"[/color][color=blue][i]Kia explained,[/i][/color][color=purple]"the Epitaph of Twilight. It describes each of the Phases, and the way the world shall end."[/color][COLOR=Blue]Still wondering what to do next, she turned to Kayla, as if to ask what was happening.[/color][/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla found a sort of rock and stood upon it. She stared out over the large group. "Well, congratulations everyone. We've defeated Phase 2. Phase 2 of 8. Now, I know you all must be tired and relieved but the work is not over yet. We all must train and push ourselves to the limits for the next fight. The next fight with Phase 3, Magus. We also may have another foe. As I've heard from Kia, shortly after her fight with Innis her and her friends had an encounter with Cubia."[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Cubia? What?"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Who? Cube a what?"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Huh?"[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Everyone was confused. Kayla smacked her palm against her forehead. "Sorry, Cubia. It's a large monster that chases after the Bearer of the Bracelet. It appears whenever the Bearer has an encounter with Aura, the strange girl we've met in dungeons if anyone remembers. The Bearer is of course, Kite." They all mumbled their understanding and continued listening.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"So, if everyone would please, train regularly. I'd suggest atleast level 50 for our fight with Magus. You may all leave if you wish." she finished and dismissed everyone. Most of them Gated Out or Logged Out. The only people remaining were Sakura, Komo, Kia and Elk.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Hey, Kayla, you wanna go to an area with us? For training, fun, and maybe so private chat away from listening ears?" Sakura yelled out to her. Kayla nodded. "Right after I meet with Helba and talk to Krueger." she explained.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---[font=Arial]Λ-Cultural-City-Carmina-Gadelica---[/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=darkslateblue]"Ok Helba. We'll be ready, don't worry." Kayla said and Helba Logged Out. Kayla turned to Krueger. "Hey, Trev, uh, Krueger, you want to come with Sakura, Kia, Elk, Komo and I to an area? It'd be nice to catch up and to fill you in and stuff."[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=darkslateblue]Krueger nodded. "That'd be nice, Kayla. I'd love it." he said and followed the group to the Chaos Gate.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b][/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple]---[font=Arial]Λ-Sickened-Talisman-Haunted Land---[/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple][font=Arial][/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple][font=Arial][color=darkslateblue]"Mumyn Lei! Suvi Lei!" Kayla yelled and put one monster to sleep and paralyzed the other. After finishing the battle, the group moved into the last room and stared at the Gott Statue.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b][/color][/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]"I haven't seen one of those in awhile..." Krueger mumbled as the group approached the treasure chest. Kayla opened the chest and handed out the treasure to everyone equally.[/color][/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b][/color][/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][font=Arial][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]"So, what does everyone want to talk about?" she questioned, sitting down in front of where the Gott Statue had previously stood.[/color]
[/font][/color][/font][/size][/font]

James returned home after logging off in the park where he walked his gos earlier, before he did log off he managed to save his data at the Lamda Server. James got a quick shower in before we went to do his house cleaning and regular chores, his work was on vacation so James a lot of time to boost up Shadow Mika's experience for the next battle over this Cubia monster. It took roughly about 2 1/2 hours for James to get all his work done, but it was finally finished now. James decided not to play right away though since he had a previous engagement at the hospital. He drove down to the commicary before he headed towards the hospital to pick up something for his friends. Once JAmes entered he went directly to the 3r floor and went into a room where a comatose player had been kept in. It was James friend Keith who had been Data Drained when they were in the Delta feilds a week before James met up with the others. He switched the dead flowers he left before and replaced them with fresh new ones but only gave him half of the batch.

"You'll be glad to know that we're slightly there in getting you all out Keith....so you'd better not give up on me or i'll be realy pissed. Then again you the lay-back type of guy" james snickered a bit, he looked at the monetors and it showed the same signs as last time...nothing had changed. After a while JAmes left the room and visited another one with a girl in the same state...it was Kia. He placed the other batch of flower in a vase next to her bed by the window shelf and looked at her as the suns rays hit her face. "So young......lets hope you dont turn out like Nancy" James said as he left the room onl to bump into someone. Now it was Carrie a.k.a Flame.

"We gotta stop meeting like this" Carrie laughed as well as James.

"Lets go to the Internet Cafe, my treat" James replied, Carrie nodded and they both walked down the hallway of that floor. Suddenly the lights flickered on and off in the halway and the bulbs started to burston each side, they both were shocked at what was happening. James covered Carrie a bit so no shards would cut them both, now emergency red lights were on and a annoucment was made:

"Emergyency, Emergency!!! Life support on all floors are going out, the city block of a 500 mile radious electronics are going hay-wire. Doctors that are available please end to all rooms and patients.. I rep-" The speakers went off and blew up as the lights did. James and Carrie looked at eachother and new what that ment...the comatose players can die if they don't get life-support, James reched for his cell phone to try and call somceone from their party, Carrie did the same thing...but for some reason they were out of ranger or not in service.

"S&^%" James cursed under is breath, he got a new report on his cell phone saying fires have broken out through the city, electronics have short circuted everywhere and are not responding to any coded or commands. It was all happening in the 500 alround the hospital...no one could get ny contact from outside or inide of this "Dome of Doom". "Have you ever heard of Pluto's Kiss Carrie?" James asked

"It couldn't be, the hacker was cought for that...unless...unless the problem inside "The World" is now coming though in the real world. This is bad, my cellphone is also connected to my account, i could send a message to Kayla and Sakura right wy. Carrie said as she started typing on her phone. Afterwards they both went into the rooms of their friends to knotice they were struggling to breath and their mental status was reaching critical.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=seagreen]"New mail! I'm gonna go check it and then I'll probably log off. K guys?" Sakura asked. They all nodded. "Yeah me too." Kayla added. The two girls logged out and checked their mail.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57][i]To: Kayla and Sakura[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57]From: Flame[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57]You guys! Life support systems at the hospital are failing! The comatoses are in serious danger!![/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57]Katsuki's eyes widened. Her father was in risk of death. She jumped from the computer chair and down the steps. She didn't even bother putting her shoes on. She just grabbed her skateboard and started skating towards the hospital, figuring it was only a couple blocks away. On her way there, she saw Kayla on her bike. Katsuki caught up with her. "You got it too, huh? I wonder whats up..." [/color][/size][/font]

[i][color=#000080][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Hope Trev's going to be ok...[/color][/size][/font][/i][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla nervously thought as she pedaled furiously down the street. Katsuki pushed off the ground with her foot harder and more often as she struggled to keep up with Kayla on her skateboard.[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[font=Arial][color=#000080][/color][/font]
[color=#000080][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]A few more blocks they traveled before they made it to the hospital. It loomed ahead of them and Kayla picked up speed. She reached the hospital's entry doors a minute or two before Katsuki did. Kayla jumped off her bike and it fell to the ground with a crash.[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla ran inside just as the lights flickered off inside the hospital. She slowed down a bit in the darkness but still stumbled into walls. She made it into a reception area and tripped over a coffee table. She heard some mumbling around her near the walls. Some people were talking quietly in the darkness that was around her.[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The lights flickered on again as Kayla stood up. She turned to the reception desk and asked the nurse a question. "Excuse me, what's going on here?" she politely asked. The nurse shook her head. "I'm sorry, we don't know at this time. Is there an emergency that you need help with, miss?" Kayla shook her head. "No, but thanks for your help!" she said and ran off into a hallway that led to the elevators.[/color][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000080][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The nurse stood up and yelled at her. "Miss! You can't go down there without a pass! Miss!" Kayla ignored the nurse and ran into the elevator, just as the lights went out again. "****! Ah, better take the stairs!" she decided and left the elevator and headed towards the stairs.[/color][/size][/font]
[/color]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=seagreen]Mage15, I hate to be a wet blanket, but Kia isn't a comatose player. Kia is actually dead in the real world. Just so you know. I'm pretty sure it said so in her bio and it's also in the other .Hack thread: .Hack//Reason....[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57]---------------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=seagreen]Katsuki trailed behind Kayla, panting all the way. She felt a sharp sting in her side but she kept running. The two ran up the stairs to different floors. Katsuki, going to the third floor, ran straight on despite the flickering lights. Suddenly, Katsuki fell over face first. "Crap, what the hell just happened?" She muttered. She felt a horrible pain in her foot. Turned out to be a shard of a lightbulb. "No time now. Have to be with dad." She said as she trudged on.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#2e8b57][i]307...308..309...310! Dad's room![/i] Katsuki thought. She raced in and looked at the monitor. His heartbeat was racing, it was at 90 already! Katsuki fell to her knees next to her father. "Don't die. You said you'd go fight Magus with me. Remember? Nothing would change your mind. As long as you're alive, you can keep your promise. Cause if you die, I'm gonna kill you!" She said, half whisper half whimper. She put her head on his sheet, held his hand, and started to cry there. Suddenly, her mother burst through the door. "Katsuki--" She couldn't find right words now. Katsuki didn't even notice her mother. [i]If you aren't here...I have nothing to fight for. And I have to see this fight through. If I have something to fight for, that would make it a lot easier for both of us....[/i][/color][/size][/font][/left]

[B][I][color=teal]Amber was asleep with her head on Josh's bed. That fight took alot out of her and she log out right after. She wanted to see how her best friend was pulling through. She suddnly woke up when she heard some commotion outside of Josh's room. She jumped, got tangled in the chair, and fell. Just as she fell, the lights flickered. Amber shook her head and pulled herself up. She looked over at Josh's vital signs. Everything was either dropping or speeding up. A look of horror crossed Amber's face as the color dropped out of her. She quickly ran to Josh's bedside.

"No," Amber said with a hint of tears in her voice, "don't leave me. You can't leave me! You made me a promise! You just can't go and break a promise! I'll hate you forever if you leave me! I'll hate you!!!!" Amber started to cry on Josh's chest as the lights flickered again. She suddenly jumped up and stormed out of the room.[/color][/I][/B]

[SIZE=1][I]~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[COLOR=Lime]Aqua Capital Mac Anu[/COLOR]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[COLOR=Blue]Mac Anu was totally deserted...it scared Kia. The entire city was like some sick, twisted ghost town. Even higher-level players came to the city often, if only to admire the beautiful scenery. Wondering what could possibly be happening, Kia began to walk towards the bridge. Perhaps...perhaps something was going on in the real world: something terribly important. But what? Kia couldn't quite be sure.
Maybe something of biblical proportions is happening. An armageddon? Kia burst into maniacal laughter at the thought. How that part of her wanted to die! She shut herself back up, containing her alternate personality, the part of her that screamed for the end to come, to die and end the pain of living while everything she cared for withered away...no, Kia told herself. She still had a duty to those still clinging to hope.
Suddenly, some random character smashed the base of her neck with the hilt of his sword. She swooned for a moment, dazed by the impact, blinded by the assault on her spine. Unable to see, she still heard a little boy screaming off in the distance, running.[/COLOR][/i]
[COLOR=Indigo]"Nooo! Why'd you have to die?! Dad! Nooooo!"[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][i]The insane screaming ranted on. Still blind from the blow that had clearly been inspired by hopeless rage, Kia chased after the boy, his mindless screams guiding her. Gradually, her vision was restored to her, and she chased him with even more determination. She cornered him in the main plaza, and pinned him up against the wall.[/COLOR][/i]
[COLOR=Indigo]"What?! What happened? What's going on out there?!"[/COLOR][COLOR=Blue][i]Kia screamed at him. He went through the details with painful accuracy. All the life support systems, he said, had gone out in the hospitals. Oh, no, she thought...Kayla!

OOC-Sorry! out of time![/i][/COLOR][/size]

[color=#000080][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla ran as fast as she could up the stairs. She finally reached the floor that Trevor was being held on. She leaned against the door, panting and trying to catch her breath. She finally stood up and pushed open the door, taking a quick glimpse at the sign on the door.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]'4th Floor, Critical Comatose Ward'[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The sign said it all. The critical comatose patients were sent to this ward, the one's that didn't have many signs of life or had low vital signs. It was mostly just the one's that they thought had no chance of waking up, but Kayla knew better. She knew that half of the patients on this floor were victims of one of the 8 Phases' Data Drain and did have a chance to wake up, as long as the hospital could get the power problems under control.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla shook the power problems from her mind but just as she did so, the power went out again and she was in pitch black darkness. She put her hand to the wall and began feeling the numbers of the rooms that were beside the doors she passed. As she felt the number 427, she ran into a nurse emerging from the room.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The nurse was startled and didn't know what she had ran into or who or what had ran into her. Kayla stood up and picked out the nurse's figure in the darkness. "Hello? Nurse? What's going on? Are they, are the patients going to be alright?" Kayla questioned. "Well, as long as the power continues as it does, I'm sorry to say but, they don't have much of a chance but if the power problem is fixed in time, they may be able to be saved."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla nodded and entered the room, number 427. It was the room that Trevor was in. She stumbled over to his bed and the lights flickered back on. Kayla got down on her knee's next to Trevor's bed and silently prayed for all of the comatose victims and everyone else in the hospital. Kayla wasn't religious, but she thought that just this once, a prayer seemed appropriate.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Directly after she ended her prayer, the lights went back out. Kayla began to silently cry, the tears slowly sliding down her cheeks at first and then they began to stream down her face. She then heard a devastating noise. Trevor's heartbeat had slowed, almost to a dead stop. She glanced up at the Heart Monitor and saw that only small ripples interrupted a long straight line every once in awhile. Then the beeping of the machine stopped and one long beep issued from the machine.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla stood up and ran out into the hall. "Nurse! I need some help! I need a doctor or somebody! His heart's stopped! Please help!" she yelled down the dark, bleak hallway. To her astonishment three doctors and two nurses came out of the endless shadows and rushed into the room. She hadn't thought that there were that many doctors around on the floor, but then again, it was pitch black and impossible for her to tell if there were any doctors or nurses on the floor.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]The doctors quickly checked Trevor's pulse and breathing. When each were a negative, they sadly turned to Kayla and told her the news. "I'm sorry, he's gone. There's nothing we can do." they informed her. Tears were now falling down her face non-stop. She was sobbing and quickly turned away from the doctors, although they couldn't see her in the dark anyway.[/color][/size][/font]

[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki continued crying, her mother kneeled down next to her. The two looked in horror as they saw his heartbeat slow down. 85...75...50....It slowed down untill it was barely beating at all. She saw faint figures rushing in, and they were saying a lot of things she couldn't hear. Katsuki merely sat there, watching the monitors. All the tiny bumps in the heart monitor went straight. She knew what it meant but she didn't want to hear it from anyone. She ran out of the room, and straight out of the hospital. She hid behind a tree and started sobbing.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Katsuki's mother found Katsuki and practially dragged her home. Katsuki threw herself onto her bed, sobbing. "Morganna. I'll get you for this." She mutered as she walked up to her computer. She put her Neuro Goggles on and went to her mail. There was nothing new but she started an email.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]To: Everyone[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]From: Sakura[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]Subject: My Dad[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]My Dad just died at the hospital. I'm going after Magus alone.[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[color=#008080][size=1][font=Comic Sans MS]She logged in. The root town was empty but she didn't care. She warped straight to Net Slum. Helba was there, fortunately. "Welcome to Paradise, Sakura. Your father died? How awful! And I suppose you want Maggus' whereabouts?" She said. Sakura nodded. "Alright then. If I'm not mistaken, its Lambda-Plentous-Forbbiden-Hypha. But then again, Morganna has her ways. I suggest you level up before you go after Maggus and have at least a few more people." Helba said. Sakura nodded and warped out.[/font][/size][/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]She warped back to Mac Anu and went to the alley behind the magic shop. Despite the risk of losing her reputation of tough player killer she sat there and cried.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla slowly grabbed her bike from where she had left it outside the hospital. She quickly got on it and while still sobbing, pedaled home. She passed numerous people on the sidewalk who looked at her strangely, wondering what she was crying about before she made it home.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]As she jumped off of her bike and left it lying in the middle of the yard, she heard her mother yelling through a window. "Oh, Kayla! I just heard the worst news! It's Trevor he--" Kayla shook her head grimly. "I know...I was...I was there..." she mumbled and walked into the house. Her mother closed the window and greeted Kayla at the door.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]A few minutes later, Kayla was up in her room crying in her bed. She'd lost one of her best friends in the entire world. She knew that Trev was still in 'The World' but it wasn't the same as being able to speak to him in real life. To be able to see him again in the flesh. She would never be able to speak to him again in the real world. Only in 'The World' would she be able to speak to him. Only there, there was a large risk that he could be killed by something, then she would never ever be able to speak to him again. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]As she thought these horrible thoughts, she cried harder and picked up her Neuro Goggles. She muttered words of hatred towards Tarvos and the other Phases as she wiped away the tears and slipped the Goggles on over her head. She got off of her bed and slumped down into a chair in front of her computer desk. She picked up her controller and flipped the game on.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---ALTIMIT Browser, Email---[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#800080][/color][/size][/font]
[size=1][color=royalblue][font=Arial][i]To: Everyone
[size=1]From: Sakura[/size][/i]
[size=1][i]Subject: My Dad[/i][/size]

[size=1][i]My Dad just died at the hospital. I'm going after Magus alone.[/i][/size][/font][/color][/size]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla's eyes narrowed beneath the Neuro Goggles. Sakura's father was dead because of Magus. Trev was dead because of Tarvos. Amber's friend could be dead or in serious danger because of a Phase. Morganna, Harald, Emma. It had all started with Emma when she wrote the Epitaph. If Harald hadn't fallen in love with Emma and based a game off of the Epitaph, Fragment, 'The World's' prototype would never have been created. If Fragment had never been created, then 'The World' would never have been created. If 'The World' had never been created, then Morganna would never be trying to keep from birthing Aura and if Morganna hadn't have been created [i]to [/i]birth Aura, then none of this would be happening. None of it.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]But it was, all of it was happening and the only thing Kayla, Sakura and the others could do was to try and beat Morganna. To force her to birth Aura and end this madness. Then 'The World' and the real world could return to normal. The comatose victims would wake up and it would all be over.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla quickly replied to the email.[/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=royalblue]To: Sakura[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]From: Kayla[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Subject: No, don't[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Sakura, don't be irrational. It's too dangerous for you to fight Magus alone. Plus, how could you defeat it? Without Kite, you can't Data Drain it.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Please don't fight it alone, I want to be there, by your side, fighting it. I want to see Magus die. I want to see it explode into a million pieces. When that happens, then we'll be so much closer to Tarvos...so much closer.[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#4169e1]Don't feel alone, Sakura. Not only did your father die, but...but...Trevor died as well...[/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Incapable of typing anymore, due to the fact that Kayla had had to wipe away another onslaught of tears from her eyes, Kayla quickly sent the mail and logged into 'The World'.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---[font=Arial]Δ-Aqua-Capital-Mac-Anu---[/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=darkslateblue]Kayla slowly looked around Mac Anu. She took in the marveling sights before slowly heading towards the Magic Shop, where she would head down the alley. As she passed other players, they casually greeted her and she gave them grim replies back. She quickened her pace as she neared the Magic Shop and before she knew it, she was heading down the alley.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b][/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]As she neared the end, she heard small sniffling noises. She retreated to the wall and slunk along it until she was at the end. She peered around the corner and saw Sakura, sitting at the end of the alley, sniffling. 'The World' had pretty realistic facial expressions and as Kayla soon began to notice, Sakura had red, puffy eyes and seemed to have been crying. About her father, most likely.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]Kayla faced her fear of bothering Sakura while she was being so 'emotional' and walked out and around the corner. Sakura was startled and looked up. "Kayla...what do you want..." she mumbled quickly standing up and trying to make it look like she had not been crying.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]Kayla weakly smiled. "Did you get my email?" she asked. Sakura shook her head. "I don't know. I have new mail but I haven't checked it yet." she said forcefully and with a bit of a nasty attitude. Kayla raised an eyebrow. "Ok, jeez, don't be so 'emotional' about it." Kayla snickered at her cruel little joke but Sakura wasn't happy.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]"Emotional? Emotional? I'll show you emotional!" and with that, Sakura pulled out her blades and charged at Kayla. Kayla had no time to react as Sakura wrapped her blades around her neck and slashed.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]Kayla's screen went black and a big, red GAME OVER screen appeared. Kayla removed her Neuro Goggles and tossed them on the floor. She dropped her controller and flipped the game off.[/color][/font][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][font=Arial][color=#483d8b]She searched around her room and found her rollerblades. She picked them up and dashed downstairs. Quickly telling her mother where she was going, she pulled them on once outside and skated down the street.[/color]
[/font][/color][/size][/font]

[B][I][COLOR=Teal]Amber rollerbladed all the way home after the whole hospital thing. She wasn't about to let Josh die. They had made a promise to be there for each when they first became friends. Josh had kept that promise on more then one occasion and now it was Amber's turn to do her part.

"I'm going to save you Josh," Amber mumbled to herself as she slid up to the front door of her house, "It's my part of the promise. Nothing is going to happen to you. I promise." Amber stommed in through the front door with her rollerblades still on.
Her mom went to say something to her, but she had already taken the rollerblades off and was heading upstairs.

Once in her room, Amber dropped her rollerblades on the floor and walked over to her computer. She flopped down in the chair and reached for her Neuro Goggles and controller. She mummbled something as she put on the Neuro Goggles and picked up the controller. She then looked at her ALTIMIT Browser. She had one new E-mail. Amber quickly clicked on it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]~~ALTIMIT Browser->E-mail~~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]To: Everyone
Subject: My Dad

My Dad just died at the hospital. I'm going after Magus alone[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Amber looked horrified at this news. She couldn't let Sakura do this alone. She felt really bad now. The fact of a comatose victim dying scared her. She would try to help Sakura. She quickly logged in.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]~~Δ-Aqua-Capital-Mac-Anu~~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal]Coal looked around the city. He started woundering where to start looking. He quickly looked at himself in one of his blades and shook his head.

"I'm a major disgrace to myself and my friends," Coal said as he put his blade down and started walking. Coal's black hair and blue eyes shinned in the sunlight. He took in a deep breath of fresh air. He then let out a depressed sigh.

"Why so glum Coal," Blake's voice asked from behind Coal. Coal turned around to have his blue eyes meet Blake's. He would of hugged him, but that wouldn't have looked right. He started thinking he should of played as a girl. Another depressed sigh escaped his lips.

"I'm trying to save you," Coal muttered as he turned his back to Blake, "and you're not going to help." Blake looked a little confused. He let out a sigh and turned his back to Coal.

"Fine," Blake said as he started walking away, "get yourself killed. I don't care! Just remember to tell Amber that I.......Oh forget it. Just go have your fun." Coal put his head down. Blake didn't want to sound strange so that's why he mentioned his real name. Tears started flowing down's Coal's face. He knew what Blake ment by that.

"Darn you Blake," Coal yelled as he dropped to his knees, "You tell her that now! You know how to break someone's heart! Even if that's not what you were attending on doing!" Coal slammed his fist down on the ground and wiped tears from his eyes. A lot of people were looking at him strangely. Coal suddenly stood up and started heading toward the Magic Shop. Everyone started talking as Coal made his way over to the Magic Shop. Coal knew they were talking about him and he didn't care. All he cared about at the moment was helping Sakura and getting revenge.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OCC: Sorry if that sounded too mushy. I'm not trying to turn this into a love story like my Trigun story turned into. :sigh: I was just trying to make Coal even more hyped and ready to bite someone's head off. LOL :D [/COLOR][/I][/B]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Sakura put her blades away and glared at Kayla's 'corpes.' "Hey! Good one!" Yelled an all too familiar voice from above. "Come out Sora. There's something I want to ask you a serious question!" Sakura yelled, wiping away a few tears. Sora dropped down and landed in front of her. "What's wrong Grunty Girl? Got another Noble one?" He asked with a smirk. Sakura pushed him away. "Shut up Sora, unless you want to turn out like Kayla. My dad just died." She mumbled. Just then, Coal walked in. "Sakura, I just got your email!" He said. Sakura sighed.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"You have the worst timing, Coal. Sora, I'll ask you later. AND QUIT CALLING ME GRUNTY GIRL!" She roared. Sora laughed and jumped away. "Worst timing? Why? What were you gonna ask him?" Coal asked curiously. "Though its not your buisness, I was gonna ask to meet him in the real world." She said, ging back to the box she was sitting on before. Coal followed, but tripped on Kayla. Sakura snickered. "Yeah...about that....she said I was emotional.I wasnt really. I was more irritable than emotional." She explained. Coal snickered too. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"I'm about to go sell my extra equipment for some cash. I need supplies." Sakura said, looking into the sky. "Then I'm gonna go level up a bit. Want to come with me, Coal?" She asked. "I could use some wanted company. I don't feel like putting up with Kayla or Sora right now...." Coal nodded. "Sure. Why not?" He asked.[/color][/size][/font]

Shaodw had just came out of the Beta server and landed right at the shopping hour in Mac Anu where it was super crowded and bustling with people. After he saved he then went to some stors to re-eqpipt on some magic-scrolls, potions and new weapons. Shadow got a ping sound on his computer and it was a new mail, he looked at it on a different screen on his computer:

To: Everyone
Subject: My Dad

My Dad just died at the hospital. I'm going after Magus alone.

Shadow quickly got sdone his shopping and went to the Chaos Gate to find her...she still might be in this server. Before he could he was warpped out of Mac Anu, some poeple looked at him and was scared because he didn't reach the gate yet to transport to a different area. Shadow the re-appeared in Net Slum and was greeted by Helba with her regular, "Welcome to Paradice" phrase. Shadow stood stll as she hovered down form a building.

"So....what do you think about this Shaodw?" She questioned as she put her hands on her hips.

"Well, because of the coming of Pluto's Kiss....comatose players are dying slowly as Sakura's father did. I'm afraid others might die as well, and I cant since my firend is in a coma as well. But fighting Mangus alone....thats just " Shadow stated as he leaned against the wall between two broken windows and an old cardboard box.

"The problem is escilading....we still have more phases to fight and defeat. I'll give you this to boost your level up a bit and help Sakura and anyone else who is with her, but contact her as fast as you can. Here is the keywords to the area where he is, if you cannot contact her in time then go there and help" Helba replied as she gave Shadow a book, he put it in his key-item pack and left Net-Slum.

Mac Anu-The Aqua Capital

Shadow returned tot he place where he was before he got "kidnapped" outta Mac Anu. He instantly gave a mail Sakura:

To: Sakura

Please dont go on your own, it'll be to fight the phase alone. Give me the area Keys on where you are and well talk about this further. I know your upset now bt dont risk your life over revenge. Please mail me back soon.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Sakura sighed. Her inbox was being bombarded. "I'm only bringing two people with me...." She muttered as she sent a reply.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]To: Everyone[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]From: Sakura[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]Subject: Knock it off![/i][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][i]Listen! I'm not going compleatly alone. Thats just dumb. I'm taking Kite and Kia with me. Thats all. Quit sending me all the crap about not going! You can't change my fricken mind.[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]She sent the mail and went back to selling her extra equiptment. "God...I never knew I had so much." She said. After that she warped to the Sigma server to buy the items she used most often. She warped back to Mac Anu and invited Coal to her party. "Alright then. Choose a server. I know this one area in the Sigma..." She said. Coal nodded. "Alright then." He said.[/color][/size][/font]
[center][b][i][u][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sigma-Hidden-Expansive-Hypha[/color][/size][/font][/u][/i][/b][/center]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"Wow! Look at all the Mushrooms!" Sakura yelled. She had oviously needed something to distract her from the previous events. Grunties, as much as she hated them, distracted her from everything. Coal just watched as Sakura ran around and collected the Mushrooms.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[size=1][color=blue][i]Kia had been walking down the bridge when she had heard Sakura's message: that she was going to fight Magus alone. 'Fool,' she thought. She knew (from previous encounter) that even seven or eight players would have a rough time handling Magus, and that was assuming one of them was Kite, or else they wouldn't even be able to harm it. If that was the case, however, a lowly level one player such as Kia had no right to to interfere with 'higher matters'.
Suddenly, Kia was warped to a blank area. Kia screamed in surprise. Then, a familiar person appeared if front of her. To a normal player, he would look like the NPC's that run the town shops. Kia, however, knew that this was the form that Lios, the System Administrator himself chose when he entered "the World". He looked at Kia with a burning stare.[/color]
[color=purple][/i]"Anomaly,"[i][/color][color=blue]he sneered,[/i][/color][color=purple]"I've found you at last. You've eluded us long enough."
"Well, it certainly took you long enough. Your little 'server crash' incident didn't work on me, though, did it?"[/color][i][color=blue]Kia replied, recalling the time a couple years ago when CC Corp crashed the server, making it look like an accident. They had been trying to destroy Kia and all the others who were in comas by shutting down the system, but Kia had survived, because her data was protected for some reason...[/color][/i]
[color=purple]"That was before we knew your nature, anomaly. Your data was protected, so you were unaffected. The other comatose players, however, didn't survive the incident. Now I come here equipped with the weapon I need to destroy you, and forget this whole problem ever existed."
You mean all of that was just some kind of cover-up?"
"Exactly."
"You're a sick person! You all are!"[/color][i][color=blue]Kia screamed at Lios. Lios grinned and stretched his arm towards her, his wrist glowing blue. There was something familiar about that glow...it reminded Kia of Kite, somehow...[/color]
[/i][color=purple]"We've formed a sort of copy of your little friend's data trick,"[/color][i][color=blue]Lios explained,[/i][/color][color=purple]"A shadow of his power. I'll destroy your protection, and the delete you as I would've done a long time ago!"[/color][i][color=blue]The familiar shape of the Bracelet suddenly jumped out from the glow on his wrist, snapped forward, and loosed the Data Drain on Kia. The bands of data shot out from the bracelet and tore through Kia's body, ripping apart the protective data that shielded her from the worst effects of being comatose or dead. When he was finished with the drain, the Bracelet shattered. The program they had created had been designed for this purpose only; to prevent Lios from becoming too powerful, the program self-destructed after use.
Kia knew she was surely finished. Lios began to power up the deletion program, which took the form of a massive ball of light in his hand.[/color]
[/i][color=purple]"I will delete you now,"[/color][i][color=blue]he said, stating the obvious. But at the last possible moment, Helba warped in, and formed a protective Data barrier around Kia. Kia, cringing with her hands over her eyes to shield herself (futile, of course) didn't realize what was happening until she noticed that she wasn't gone.[/color][/i]
[color=purple]"Now really, Lios,"[/color][i][color=blue]Helba said defiantly,[/color][/i][color=purple]"is that really any way to treat a little girl? Do you even realize that since that server error you cleverly devised, the number of comatosse players has nearly [i]tripled[/i]?"[/color][i][color=blue]And with these last, somewhat unnerving words to Lios, Helba warped herself and Kia out of the 'blank field'.
Kia was left completely unharmed by Lios, she realized, aside from one horrible problem: her Data Protection had been destroyed, and she was once again completely vulnerable to the wrath of the Eight Phases.[/color][/i][/size]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla skated through the city and after an hour or so came upon the park. She skate through the park and came to a bench, that of which she sat upon. She stared around at all of the little children and older children playing joyfully in the park. Laughing, playing, and screaming delightfully. She shook her head, holding back the tears that had came to her eyes.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Not being able to stand it anymore, she stood up and skated down the sidewalk, towards a secluded area in the park. She looked around and saw that she was alone. Soon the tears began to pour from her eyes and she didn't care. She was alone now, no one could bother her.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Whilst skating around this secluded area, she came upon a sign. A sign that read:[/color][/size][/font]

[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=red][/color][/size][/font] [/center]
[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=red]In loving memory of[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Arial][size=1][color=#ff0000]Kia Tahoma[/color][/size][/font][/center]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla wiped the tears from her eyes and stared at the sign. "This is where..." she didn't finish. She suddenly skated back home.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Once back home, in her room, she turned on the game and picked up her Neuro Goggles while waiting for it to pop up. She stared at the objects strangely. [i]How can something so small, transmit so much of your body and mind into a game to cause a player to fall into a comatose from the attack of a monster? [/i]It was a question that had plagued her since she learned about what was going on in 'the World'. It was a question that was tough to answer and probably impossible to answer.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]She suddenly put the goggles on as the game started.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---ALTIMIT Browser Desktop---[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla saw that she had no new email. [i]Sakura must be mad at me, or she would have mailed me back...[/i]she sadly thought and logged into 'the World'.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple][/color][/size][/font] [/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---Aqua Capital Mac Anu---[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla walked from the Chaos Gate and looked around. She didn't see much of interest so she walked down the steps and past the Recorder, then she saw Kia, standing at the bridge. Kayla ran to the bridge so she could speak to Kia. She then saw Kia's face, stricken with worry and fear. "What's up Kia?" she asked.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]---[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Wave_of_Death, I hope that the 'In loving memory' sign was ok. ^_^[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]On a sidenote, I would have had this posted a few days ago, it would have been slightly different as well, but unfortunately, the school had a power outage and I didn't get to post in time. >:[[/color][/size][/font][/left]

Shaow wasn't that surprised when Sakura mailed everyone back defensive about her fighting the phase alone...but just three people to take was just a sign she was not thinking straight through.

{Real World}

James had left his house and decided to go CC Corp. for the meeting he worked out 6 months ago and now they were seeing him today. HE had all the information on the players he has met during the time he's played "The World" and their indevidual missions. Even though an event like this happened before they still continue to manufacture this game to people. Once he got inside the metting he stated his case firmly and without any hesitation. He was given some information about the situation they faced and what there're doing to cure it. It was about sunset when James left the parking lot of the building and went straight to the Internet Cafe with his nural Goggles and his controller. He had a meeting to upheld:

{Login}
Name: shadow Mika
Passord: ********

Processing.....

The World:
Login
Message Board
Quit

Login...Please Wait!

~Mac Anu-The Aqua Capital~
Once Shadow had entered The World he quickly went to Net slum in a different server to meet up with Helba to give her the information. They both echanged the information they gathered on CC Corp. and whatever extra they could find.

"So how much time do you think we have Helba?" Shadow asked....Helba tok a while to answer him.

"Not long, you and the others had better hurry before a total system'd error occures. If Everyone is logged in once that happened....then its all over" Helba stated. Shadow immidiatly gated out into the Beta server and caled four party members. Subaru, Coal, Flame, Tsukasa, and Balmung. Once they met up with Shadow he eplained the situatoin to them and they gated into the area where the phase was but didn't go into the dungeon yet.

"No matter what she is thinking we can't let her go alone with the others...more that three is might be enough to fight this thing." Shaodw said as they all stood around the enterance of the dungeon, when monsters showed up they decided to get some levels up before going into action.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Sakura sighed as she warped back to the Sigma server. Coal said he was called somewhere else and so she had to finish the dungeon by herself. She had finished ok, but it would've been easier with someone with her. She dragged herself to the recorded, and was just about to log out when Sora appeared in front of her.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]"Hey GG." He greeted. Sakura sighed. "GG? Don't tell me. I rather not know. Anyways, what I was going to ask you earlier was if you wanted to meet with me. You know, in like the real world? Cuz as you know, I'm goin after Magus, and I'd regret it if I didn't see who the real dork behind Sora is. It would just bug me." She said. Sakura could feel herself slowly blushing, but hoped it wasn't showing in the game.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]"So in other words, you're asking me out? Hey! I'm not a dork!" Sora said, teasing at first but very defensive at the end. Sakura gasped. "No! Of course not! That would be just plain sick and wrong! I just want to see you...." He voice trailed off. "So...you're asking me out on a date." Sora said again. "Fine. Whatever. Call it whatever you want. Just say yes or no." Sakura said, very agrivated. "Sure. Why not?" Sora replied.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]"Alright. Tomorrow. At that Internet Cafe. You know where that is, right?" She asked. Sora nodded. "Good. I'll be there at 4:30. I'm not going to fight Magus just yet. I'm going train a little more." She said as she logged out.[/color][/size][/font]

[center][i][u][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Real World[/color][/size][/font][/u][/i][/center]
[center][i][u][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/i][/u] [/center]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki took off her Neuro Goggles and looked out the window. It was dusk. She sighed. "Who knows. Maybe I am asking him out on a date. Hope not, though. That would be pretty scary....dating Sora." She muttered to herself as she climbed into bed. The day's events had worn her out.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]The next day, Katsuki woke up at around noon. This was her last day of Christmas Break. She stayed in bed and flipped on the TV. She turned it to Channel 8 News, and there was a report about the Hospital incident:[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]"Last night, over one third of the Comatose patients in the Tokyo Hospital died because of unknown electronic problems. Doctors are still puzzled by the strange events, but many families are griving from the incident. Two girls had been on the floor next to two of the patients minutes before and after they died." Said the reporter. Some footage was rolled and showed both Kayla and Katsuki crying. Katsuki shut off the TV and threw the remote down.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]"Dammit..." She muttered. She got out of bed and got some breakfast. Soon after, she called Kayla.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]"Hey Kayla....I guess we're famous. We're on TV. No, not directly about "The World." At the hospital. They have footage of both of us crying. Yeah...I know...well later. I'm going to go get ready. What? No, not for a funeral. I'm going to go meet someone. What do you mean, I'm going on a date? Yeah, it's Sora, so what? Argh! No! I'm not dating that loser! Shut up! Thats it, next time I see you, I'm beating the crap out of you!" Was Katsuki's side of the conversation. She had hung up on Kayla and stormed away from the phone.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki took a shower and got dressed, it was already 4:00 by the time she was ready. She grabbed her skateboard and told her mom where she was going. She set off on her skateboard, down a hill. At the bottom of the hill she checked her watch: 4:15. She hurried.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Soon, she saw the Cafe. As she went faster, she started to stop noticing things in front of her, therefore crashing straight into a boy. "Hey! Watch where you're standing, ya loser! Maybe when you see a girl going pretty fast on a skateboard, you should move, you moron!" She yelled as she got up.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]The boy got up too. "Puh-leez! My grandmother could ride better than you!" He said in his defence. Katsuki laughed. "You make up worse comebacks than Sora!" She said to him. "Sora? Hey...would you happen to access "The World" as 'Sakura?'" He asked.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki stoped laughing. "Yeah. Do I know you from the game?" She asked.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left] [/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]T[/color][/size][/font][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]he boy grinned. "Yeah..of course you do, Grunty Girl!" He said as he started to snicker. Katsuki sighed. "Oh great, I meet the real Sora, and I find out he's no different in the Real World than in "The World!" She said. Sora laughed. "That's right. So, what's your Real Name?" He asked. "Katsuki." She said as she started to walk into the Cafe.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]----------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Wow....that was like....really really really long. My fingers hurt....[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kia explained what had happened to her to Kayla. Kayla interestedly nodded. "I never knew the CC Corp. had developed Bracelet's, even if they are only one time use only, they could be useful...or, they could be dangerous in the hands of the wrong person..." Kayla looked around suddenly. "I'm sorry Kia, I can't stay to talk any longer, I've got other things I need to do." she said and ran off towards the Chaos Gate.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---Net Slum---[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]"Welcome to Paradise, Kayla. What brings you here today?" Helba routinely said and asked. Kayla walked up to Helba. "I need to know where Lios is." she explained. Helba nodded. "The Pig-Head is doing his rounds at [font=Arial]Λ[/font] Server, of course. I suspect you want to ask him about his one-time-use-only Bracelets?" Helba concluded.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla nodded. "Yeah, that's exactly what I was planning." Helba smiled her usual mysterious smile. "Be careful then, Lios is no pushover these days. He wont hesitate to delete you." Kayla warped out back to [font=Arial]Λ[/font].[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=purple]---[font=Arial]Λ[/font]-Cultural-City-Carmina-Gadelica---[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Kayla appeared in front of the Chaos Gate and looked around. She couldn't see Lios anywhere, so she decided to start at the Grunty Farm. She made her way towards the Grunty Farm, passing various other players on the way. Some tried to talk to her, to tell her how crazy she was or how courageous she was for trying to save the comatose patients. She ignored them all. She was on a mission and didn't want to be disturbed.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]She rounded the corner near the Grunty Farm and spotted Lios, making his way towards her. She picked up her pace and met him half-way. He looked at her strangely before recognizing her character. "Kayla, just the person I've been looking for." he said smugly.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla smirked. "Pig-Head, you're just the Administrator I've been looking for." she snickered as Lios became angered. "Why do you wish to speak to me?" he demanded. Kayla looked him straight in the eye. "My reason, is this: I know that the CC Corp has developed one time use only Bracelet's. I know that they are using them to delete AI's and trapped players. I know that they should not being doing this." she defiantly said.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Lios laughed. "You may know all that, but why is it any of your concern? You can't stop what we are doing." Kayla frowned. "I may not be able to stop you, but I can atleast negotiate with you." Lios was now frowning. "Negotiate? With a Hacker like you?" Kayla narrowed her eyes. It wasn't well known that she was a Hacker, but she knew now that the CC Corp had detected her Hacking, despite her covering up her tracks after each Hack. "Yes, negotiate with a Hacker like me."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"There is no negotiating with Hackers or meddlers such as yourself. The CC Corp will not allow it. I suggest that you and your friends stay out of the CC Corp's business from now on." Lios stated. Kayla shook her head. "No, we'll never stop. Not until 'the World' has returned to normal. Not until all of the comatose patients have awoke. Not until we can all stop worrying about our safety within 'the World'. Not until we can stop fearing being able to converse about what's going on in 'the World' without an Administrator breathing down our backs. Not until then, will we ever stop." Kayla boldly said.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Lios chuckled. "You foolish girl. You have no idea what's good for you. These affairs have nothing to do with you and you should quit now, while your ahead." Kayla closed her eyes and then re-opened them, staring at Lios with a menacing glare. "I've lost a friend because of what's happening within this game. You can't tell me that I should quit. If I quit, I'll be breaking my promise to help all the comatose patients. Even if he's gone, I have to avenge him. I have to save this world and everyone trapped within it. If I don't, they'll all die. I'm not like you Lios, I have a conscious and knowing that I quit and that all of those comatose patients and many others died because I stopped trying to help save this world, would just kill me inside."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Lios' face was filled with rage, as was his voice. "It is not your problem nor job to save 'the World' because there is nothing wrong with it that the CC Corp cannot fix. Now, that that is said, I'll be deleting you now."[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla's eyes widened as Lios' hands were enveloped in a bright, white light. In the real world, she scrambled around for her laptop and opened up her hacking program. She typed in a few commands as fast as she could and hit enter, just as it was almost too late. Lios aimed the light at her, just as a strong, almost unbreakable forcefield surrounded her. The deletion light bounced off of it and split up into separate rays. Each ray flew off into the distance and deleted part of the landscape. One ray narrowly missed deleting another player.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla dropped the shield and typed in a few more commands that would make her movements throughout 'the World' for the next hour or so untraceable. "Goodbye Pig-Head, for now. Oh, and next time...I'll be sure to have some 'help' with me so we can negotiate without trouble. Be seeing you soon, Pig-Head." with that, Kayla warped back to Net Slum.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Katsuki sighed. Meeting Sora in person wasn't as much fun as she thought it would be. He just kept on making fun of her. Finally she stood up from her cappociano. "Thats it. I'm logging in." She said angrilly, taking out her Neuro Goggles from her backpack. She walked over to a nearby computer and plugged them in.[/color][/size][/font]

[b][font=Arial Black][size=1][color=black]Username: Sakura[/color][/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial Black][size=1]Password: ******[/size][/font][/b]
[b][font=Arial Black][size=1][/size][/font][/b]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura logged in, closly followed by Sora. He smiled at her. "So! Where to today?" He asked. Sakura walked closer to the Chaos Gate. "Net Slum."[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][u][i]Net Slum[/i][/u][/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][i][u][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font][/u][/i] [/center]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura sighed as Helba greeted the two. "Welcome to Paradise!" She said. Sakura looked at her. "Don't you ever get tired of saying that? Especially to the same few people everytime." Sakura asked. Both Helba and Kayla, who was behind he, laughed. Sakura glared at Kayla, not saying anything to her. Kayla broke the ice. "Sakura! How's your date?" She asked, laughing soon after. Sakura glared at her again. Kayla had been way too abusive to her over the past few days. Sakura grasped her blades. "Screw you Kayla! If you can't be nice to me for two seconds, then I don't think we should be friends!" She yelled.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura recieved looks from the other three, but then stomped off.[i] Its the truth. I finally spoke my mind. i can't wait untill I finally get enough money for the Trip.[/i] She thought as she found a place to sit. Unfortunately it was next to one of the inhabitants of Net Slum, Spiritas. She had been caught up in her thoughts, she didn't hear him talking until he said something about distilled liquor. "...is the same process as making distilled liquor." He said. Sakura looked strangely at him. "Dude. I'm not even old enough to drink alcohol. Why would I want to know about how to make liquor?" She asked.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]After having a very strange conversation with Spiritas about liquor, Sakura got up and wondered Net Slum. Soon, though, she ran into Kayla. "What do you mean, we shouldn't be friends? I can't even remember how long ago it was when we met! You know I'm only messing. What's your deal?" Kayla asked. Sakura looked at her. "You may have lost a friend, but my father's dead. You don't even feel sorry for me as much as I am for you. All you've been doing is harrasing me. You could show a bit of compassion once in a while, you know." Sakura explained.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Kayla looked down. "Sorry. I guess your right. But I really do feel sorry for you. Really!" She said. Sakura and Kayla looked each other for a moment and then smiled at each other. "Alright. Apology accepted. Now, there's something I've been meaning to ask you. For a while now, I've been planning a trip to San Francisco to go to CC Corp itself. I've almost got enough money to take along three people, including myself. That leaves two spots left. I need my mom to come so I'll have access to a credit card. I was wondering if you could come with me." Sakura said.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Kayla stared for a second. "You have that kind of money? And you're still borrowing my stuff? Geez! What a moocher! But yeah, I'll see if I can come.I'll have to run it by my parents first. Now, lets get back to the others, I have to tell you all about Lios." She said. The two walked back to the place where Sora and Helba were waiting. Sora got up from the wall he was leaning on. "Finally! I thought you two would never come back! I was about to go look for you when Ms. Almighty-Hacker-Chick there stopped me."He complained.[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura looked at Helba. "Thanks a lot Helba. He would've ruined our conversation ^_^" She said. helba smiled. "I figured as much. That's why I stopped him!" She said.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]----------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Ow...my fingers hurt[/color][/size][/font][/left]

[font=Arial][size=1][color=darkslateblue]Now that they were all together, Kayla explained to them about her little conversation with Lios a.k.a. Pig Head. She explained why she thought that having those one-time-use-only Bracelet's would be very beneficial. "If we did have them, then we wouldn't have to rely on Kite so much. Of course, I have no idea the extent of there powers. They might not even be strong enough to be able to Data Drain a Phase."[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Helba nodded. "Yes, they would help out a lot, it is true though, that we do not know the extent of their powers. Whether they would be able to Data Drain a Phase is very doubtful." she smiled. "the CC Corp may be slightly intelligent, but they are not intelligent enough to create an exact replica of Kite's Bracelet." the other three nodded.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]"Well, I think I'm going to go recap and think over what we should do..." Kayla mumbled and walked off into Net Slum. As she wandered around through Net Slum's strange, fallen down, messy landscape, she thought about a trip to CC Corp. [i]A trip to CC Corp would be wonderful...heh, who knows, maybe I could meet the Pig Headed one in person. Of course, going to CC Corp to complain to them about what's going on in 'the World' might prove very dangerous. We, no, I, could be arrested if they found out who I was in the real world, all because I'm a Hacker...[/i][/color][/size][/font]
[i][font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b][/color][/size][/font][/i]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla'd sat down against a building and hadn't noticed as an AI wandered over to her. It stood next to her and spoke to her with a slow, nasalagic voice. "I have enough light. Water! Give me water! And warmth..." Kayla looked up at the AI and smiled. "Jinn, you're so funny." she then stood up and walked away from Jinn who was still complaining that he needed water and warmth.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Kayla walked around until she finally decided she was done thinking for awhile and returned to the group who were quietly chatting about something. Kayla stood next to Sakura. "Say, we should probably call T..tr..trev and your dad, just to make sure Pig Head doesn't delete them or something." Kayla said suddenly. Sakura nodded slowly. "You're right. We should probably have them stay here in Net Slum so they're safe while we're offline. Helba can probably put up something to keep out any Admin's or something who try to get in or find Net Slum. Right, Helba?" she suggested.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Helba looked over at the two. "Yes, I could put up a barrier that would keep the Administrators and Moderators out until someone could get on to keep an eye on them. We should also ask the same of the other comatose patients and Kia." she informed them. Kayla nodded. "That's what we'll do then. We'll search around and find as many of them as we can so Pig Head or somebody else doesn't try to delete them or something." Sakura agreed as well.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1][color=#483d8b]Sora looked at the two. "Do I have to come as well?" he asked. Kayla looked at Sakura. "Uh, if you'd like you could Sora..." Sakura mumbled. With that, the three warped out of Net Slum and went on a search to find the comatose patients.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=teal]Sora, Sakura, and Kayla hopped from server to server, asking each player there if they could log out. By the time they reached Omega server, they had only found Sieg, Komo, Kruegar, Kia, and Blake. After the three had taken the the others to Net Slum, they went back to Delta and started again.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]When they reached the Lambda server again, they had found three more comatoses: A-59, Zen, and Silver. Sora, Sakura, and Kayla were about to warp them to Net Slum when the most familiar and unwanted voice stopped them.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"Halt! This game has gone on long enough! You'll all be taken to Lios!" It said. The group turned around to see Balmung, pointing his sword at them. Kayla grabbed the hands of the Comatoses and warped them out.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura sighed. "I knew it was too easy. We were bound to come across the Dork or the Pig Head eventually." She said. Sora started laughing and Kayla warped back in. Sora stepped forward with a large smirk on his face. "Listen here. We'd love to make fun of you, but we're on an mission that's especially important to Sakura." He said as he jumped up and landed behind Balmung.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Kayla grinned mischeviouysly at Sakura who was blushing. "Hey! What do you mean by that, Sora?" She asked as the two girls saw Balmung fall to the ground. Kayla gawked at Sora, then Balmung, then Sakura. "Y-your b-b-boyfriend just P-player K-kiled a Descendant of Fianna!" She studdered to Sakura, making her blush more.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"Boyfriend? Who says he's my boyfriend?" Sakura asked defensively. "Yu asked him out on a date, didn't you?" Kayla asked, unaware of Sakura's rising anger level. "No, I did not. I just asked to meet him on the outside. >=( We better get back to work before tick me off again." Sakura answered, stomping towards the Chaos Gate. Kayla looked at Sora.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"She is your girlfriend, right?" She saked. Sora shrugged. "Who knows? She's too devensive about everything to get an answer from her." He told Kayla as he followed Sakura. Kayla sighed and followed him.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]After about two hours of searching, the three had located twelve comatose players:[/color][/size][/font]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080][/color][/size][/font] [/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Komo[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Kruegar[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Kia[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sieg[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Blake[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Zen[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Silver[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]A-59[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Pi[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Jinxy[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Kitten[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[center][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Jiro[/color][/size][/font][/center]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]They went back to Net Slum and climbed to someplace where all of them could see them. Kayla started a speech.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]"Excuse me! I'd like to explain to you something very important. The reason why you cannot log out is because, in the real world, you are in a comatose. CC Corp is trying to cover up the fact that "The World" is responsible for it, and will most definately try to delete you." She said. There were many gasps and "Oh my God!"s.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura took over the speech. "The reason why you're here is because this area is safe from Administrators and Moderators. Helba has made a barrier to keep them out. We ask that you remain here for your own protection. The inhabitants of this place are friendly, no matter what their appearence may be, so do not be afraid to seek company with them." She said. With that, they climbed down, Sora and Sakura jumpung and Kayla actually climbing.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Sakura grinned. "Sure sucks to be a Wavemaster." She teased. Kayla glared at her. "At least I can heal!" She responded, with a slight smirk.[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]------------------[/color][/size][/font][/left]
[left][font=Comic Sans MS][size=1][color=#008080]Ugh! I had more, but I don't remember. I was going to post on Saturday but AoL went back to its crappy old self. So I WROTE IT DOWN!!! Yeah! On actual paper, with actual wrist cramps, and two actually pages of paper! Its crazy man![/color][/size][/font][/left]