OtakuBoards

~Dragon Wing Festival~

Sakura

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Talisman looked to Veritas, Aries, and Diablo and they looked to her. Diablo understood that he needed to go and help Jaht and the others. Aries and Veritas followed after Talisman as she ran towards the woods. Something told her that the woods would protect him from the dragon, but would he be protected from the woods?

Talisman jumped onto Aries and he flew towards the woods. They neared the edge of the woods, when he had stopped. Something stirred deep within there that made him feel uneasy and uncertain. Talisman jumped off and walked to the woods with Veritas flying above her. She breathed in deeply and said a small spell that would protect her from poison, confusion, petrification, magic, paralysis, and such like that. With that she stepped into the dark woods and let her eyes adjust, which was quick.

Veritas flew on forward and searched for Talon. Talisman walked through the dank, dark forest and she began to call him name.[/i]

"Talon! Can you hear me? Speak up if you can! Damn it, answer me, you fool! If you don't want to die, answer me now!"

[i]She waited for a reply, but heard none. She walked on forward and had heard Veritas' cry. She ran towards him and had found him surrounded by hunters. She stopped and they all faced her. When they had seen her, they immediatley fell to the ground with their arms spread out in front of them. She was confused and did not know what was happening.[/i]

"Stand, hunters. Let me ask you a question."

"Yes?" [i]A hunter stepped forward. He seemed to look young and was fairly built in size..[/i]

"Have you seen a man in here that is not one of your men? He ran from the volcano and I was dragged by him. I need to know if you have seen him."

[i]The hunter spoke to his men and he turned to her.[/i] "Yes. We have him at our village. Come, follow us."[/size][/color]

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=Navy]Chi nodded and made her way back to her house and entered gloomily.

"What's wrong Chi?" her mother asked, seeing her glum face.
"Sideria got trapped and I had to give up Da's Dragon Ocarina to get her back from the evil dragon that has her. He's going to destroy it." Chi sobbed.
"That's terrible." her mother said hugging her.
"Me and a guard are going to find Plejalta tomorrow morning."
"But that's dangerous Chi! You know how hard it is to win his favour! Your father only just made it. And he was at least twice your age when he tried!"
"I know Ma, but I don't have a choice. We're going to try to get Plejalta to give us the spells to make another Dragon Ocarina. I can't continue my job without one." Chi said firmly.
"I know, I'm just worried about you."
"Don't worry. We'll be fine. Is Dryoga here?" Chi asked.
"No. I haven't seen him all day."
"Ok, I gotta go find him. Bye Ma! I'll be home later." Chi said running out of the house.

Chi ran towards the large hill with the memorial on it, where she had summoned all of the dragons to help fight against the raiders. Chi let her aura spread out and looked for Dryoga. Soon their telepathic links connected and Chi called him to come to her.

When he arrived Chi got on and they went flying together, just for fun. Something she hadn't done in a long time. Chi explained everything and told him about going to Plejalta. Dryoga was against it but Chi wouldn't budge. She had to go, there wasn't any other way. And if Siene kept his promise, Sideria would be free because of her sacrifice.

"I must Dryoga. Sideria was captured because of me. And if that meant I had to give up my Dragon Ocarina to rescue her, then so be it." Chi said.[/COLOR]

(Jaht locates Branit's second-in-command, a man named Azufe)

Jaht: Azufe, we've got a problem.

Azufe: What?

Jaht: You know that volcano that erupted yesterday? Well, inside that volcano lives a dragon named Siene. siene doesn't like humans, and thanks largely to me, he's now Element Dragon of Fire. Long story, and I don't have time to explain. Anyways, Siene is now unchecked, and basically dominates everything within about 300 miles of the volcano. Nothing in that area can challenge him. I'm going with Chi to remedy the situation.

Azufe: Shouldn't you be telling Branit this?

Jaht: I did. He's helping out by delivering the Dragon Ocarina-the real one-to SIene to be destroyed in return for the release of the dragon Sideria. Chi and I are going to find Plejalta, who can make a new Dragon Ocarina, as well as take care of Siene.

Azufe: Who's Plejalta?

Jaht: Most dragons only live for a few centuries before getting killed. This frequently happens within one or two hundred years with wild dragons. But if they're not killed, they live for a very long time. And the older a dragon is, the more powerful it is. Siene is almost 3000 years old, an age which only a few dragons ever reach. These dragons are the ones who tend to remain alone. Plejalta's lair is even more isolated. I don't think anyone alive today has even seen him, except for maybe the Element Dragons, Siene excluded due to the fact that he only became one yesterday.

Azufe: Yes, but who and what is Plejalta?

Jaht: Plejalta is the oldest dragon alive. I don't have an exact age, but I think he's over 7,000 years old. He's frequently called the Elder Dragon because of this. But don't let that extreme age fool you. Age doesn't weaken dragons until a few days before it kills them, which won't happen to Plejalta for quite a while yet. Basically, no dragon alive comes close to equaling Plejalta's strength and power, not even the Element Dragons. Fortunately, Plejalta isn't biased for or against any race. If you earn his favor, he'll do something for you in return. But doing that isn't easy. Reaching him is hard enough, but to earn his favor you have to complete the nearly impossible take he'll give. Of course, nearly impossible tasks are the best ones.

Azufe: Anybody ever tell you that you're insane?

Jaht: Several times. Anyways, Chi and I are going to try and earn his favor. In return, we want him to make another Dragon Ocarina for Chi, and to remove the threat of Siene by whatever means are necessary. But nobody except you, Branit, and anyone else who needs to is to know where we're going. That's why I want you to set up decoys. Find people who look like us, and make them look identical. Publicize their departure, and make sure you act like they're Chi and I. Meanwhile, Chi and I will leave quietly.

Azufe: Why all the secrecy?

Jaht: So that a man named Talon doesn't find out what's going on. See, he's the only human Siene doesn't absolutly hate. If he tells Siene what we're doing before we get to Plejalta, Siene will probably be able to catch us, in which case he'll kill us.

Azufe: Oh. Do you have Chi's approval?

Jaht: She's coming with me, remember? Yes, I have her approval.

Azufe: Then I'll set up a decoy pair.

Jaht: Thanks. By the way, we're leaving tomorrow morning. (He returns to the inn and enters the room he's staying in. He packs his bags and waits for Chi to return)

[COLOR=Navy]Chi got Dryoga to give her a lift home and Chi grabbed her bag that she had packed earlier and said goodbye to her mother.

"Bye Ma. Please don't tell Da where I'm going. Just say I'm going to camp away because I'm looking for a dragon to tame. If you tell him you know he'll come after me." Chi said, looking her mother in the eyes.
"I-It'll be hard, but I'll do it. Don't worry about us. Just be careful. You know how Plejalta is." Her mother said with tears in her eyes.
"Don't worry Ma. Jaht and I will be fine." Chi said.

Chi held her gaze with her mother and then took off running, gripping her bag. She jumped onto Dryoga's back and told him to go to the inn. Her mother stood outside the house. A tear rolled down her cheek as she thought of how she may not see her daughter again. Chi waved with her own tears escaping, she had to have faith.

Chi reached the inn and got off Dryoga. Jaht met her and told her about the doubles that Branit was going to find. Dryoga listened.

"Dryoga, you need to be with my double. They know that you always follow me so be nice to the double, whoever she is. Just tell her you're my dragon and she should know. Everyone in this small city knows me from the summonings I do every year." Chi said. Thinking of the summonings brought back memories of the ocarina and Chi wiped them away quickly. Dryoga nodded and flew off to find Branit, knowing his scent and following it to find him.

"We're staying here tonight, we leave tomorrow at first light." Jaht said opening the door to the inn.

Chi looked at him and nodded before walking through the door. Jaht led Chi to the room that had two single beds in it. Chi took the free bed and bounced on it. It was quite hard for a bed and wouldn't give her a very comfortable sleep. Chi wished she was at her house on her soft bed.

"So what do we do now?" Chi asked looking up at him.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] He leaped gleefully along the passage, revelling in its retrieval. Eight thousand years he had searched for it, scoured the dismal world as it drifted from one era to the next. He had spent four millennia in its creation and desperately loathed the wretch who dared take it, she had died long ago, the memory of her blood fresh in his mind; justice came too late and the Ocarina was lost, the fabled instrument was tossed from one generation to the next, unable to settle in time?s turbulent waves.
Unable to secure it safely he had drifted to the shadows, his fear of the one race capable of extinguishing his malignant will consuming his waking thoughts. He caressed the delicate thing, its rich blues twinkling to his darkened eye. Eight millennia, finally it was his; they couldn?t stand in his way any longer, the only other immortals to bless this planes face, the dragons were his.
Turning along one last passage he climbed the stairs to his sanctuary, satiated by its aura, the one and only Dragon Ocarina. No dragon, no human had or ever would master the art of the devil; none could even begin to dabble in the magic required. Relishing the moment he thought of the world above, of his victims. Talon was deep the northern forests, Siene deep in his mountain and the wretch, the first one in instruments long history to relinquish it, let it slip freely from their grasp.
A chuckle split the air and he raised its cold surface to his lips, unleashing an all but forgotten melody, the sinister tune unbearable to men, irresistible to serpents, to dragons. Splitting his mind as only the diabolical can he focused his power, wove the airs of High Haven into the fabrics of being. This monster, the beast of eighteen thousand years, overseer of a thousand deaths renewed an ancient goal, an ancient hunt for the most sacred of bloods, dragon blood.

A violent chill seemed to rend the air, a silent hand falling on the young man?s shoulder, its owner?s approach unnoticed in its silence. Kanaye turned with a start, the hand?s pale, luminescent, flesh more chilling than the coldest nightly gale. Turning to the intruder his gave a second start. The young man standing before him had a placid demeanour, his face an emotional porcelain mask. There was something about him the, something about his auburn hair, the deep blue eyes, and the obscene stillness of his form. Kurian stepped forward, his mouth struggling to form unheard words, Laertes nearby.
His voice slid delicately along through the air, ringing softly in their ears: ?Excuse me sir.? He paused, waiting for Kanaye?s gaze to stumble across his own. ?I couldn?t help but ask why you wander this ruin so late this troubled night?? He trailed of, his voice all but dieing to the fierce gales, his gaze shifting across them, his collected countenance ever present.

Branit stumbled nervously through the immense confines of Siene?s mountain, unable to fathom so great a creature. A beast powerful enough to awe Jaht, the cool, world weary mercenary, hardened to the world?s wonders. ?Seine!? He called, lost in the seemingly endless cavern. Silence flooded the darkness, drawing the warriors long buried fears ever closer to the surface. Then his reply boomed, echoing of the ancient walls: ?How dare you. Stumbling blindly, uninvited to my cave, the pawn of you master. Tell me did you know he sent you to death, to share in his inevitable fate??
The man wavered, his confidence evaporated, lost in the sweltering darkness. ?N-No.? He stammered, ?He sent me to bring you this.? He withdrew the instrument with shaky hands, shattered by the word that followed: ?Fool! Is this a trait common amongst your race? The naïve trust you share for one another?? The dragon slide from the shadows, its fiery orbs focusing on the tiny creature, this man.
Most would have fled, crushed by his will. Not Branit, this man contained a courage few could boast. It was almost a shame he had to die, had to pay for his foolish obedience. ?Are you satiated; ready to leave behind the meaningless squabble you call life?? Siene sneered, bemused by his widened eyes, his paling face. He was stammering, desperate to utter some useless plea, some shallow excuse. With a sight the dragon swooped up the man, his body crushing amongst his ancient claws.
Returning to the comfort of his pool the youth revelled in its warmth, barely aware of the truly ancient melody clawing at his mind. Unknowingly giving himself to the malignity of the demon?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kanaye was shocked at the man's silent approach, that coupled with the fact he had been blindly lost in thought. He stammered at the question but forced his lips to comply with his will.
"I...I was just out walking. Needed to get away from all that bloodshed."
He wouldn't have dreamed of saying something so ridiculously weak infront of a potential enemy, but this man seemed to be a friend. He wore garments of a regal nature, hardly fighting clothes, and looking into his eyes was like looking at the scaled upon his young dragon's form. He was strangely familiar, yet at the same time mysterious unique. Anyone he would have met so far, he would have shrugged of and ignored. That was the sort of person he used to be. He had been told that looks could be decieving. He gruffed up his voice.
"I guess I should be asking you the same question."
{"He seems nice."} stated Laertes
Yeah, but looks can be decieving, thought Kanaye, repeating his earlier thought.
{"But still..."}
Kanaye realised that they hadn't been paying attention to what the man was saying. He was looking at them expectantly.
"err...what?"
[CENTER]...[/CENTER]

Jaht: It's been too long.

Chi: What?

Jaht: Branit should have been here a while ago. I don't think he's coming back.

Chi: He may be back before we leave tomorrow.

Jaht: I don't think we should wait. I never intended to leave tomorrow.

Chi: But you said-

Jaht: That we'd leave first thing tomorrow morning. that doesn't mean it's the truth. We can't risk our plan being discovered by Siene. If he gets to us before we get to Plejalta, we're dead. So I've been giving people a false departure time. If Talon learns what we're doing somehow, he'll learn the fake departure time. If he tells Siene, he'll tell Siene the false time, and Siene will have an incorrect idea of how close we are. That could buy us the time we need. I'll leave it up to you, though. Do you want to leave now or wait until tomorrow?

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]?Plejalta? Plejalta?? He echoed silently, suppressing a sudden urge to laugh. He had ventured from the catacombs, his spawn loosed he was free to roam the city for the time being, and was standing atop a rickety roof, silently listening to the hushed whispers; his senses were far keener than an mortal could have hoped, his motives more thorough, more malign. The whispers continued.

?Siene?? He echoed, so soft the noise fell short of his own ears. They were scared of Siene, the wretched creature that drove him from the wilderness, the suddenly weak beast. He laughed and sprung from the shales, bouncing silently through the night, through the wilderness enveloping High Haven.

[center]* * *[/center]

The light pierced his eyes, dragged him from the heavy bliss he had fallen into. The forest was gone, its grasses? cool caress all but fading into the night before. Pulling his aching body upright Talon took in his surroundings: he was sitting in a tiny room. Its heavy wooden walls pressing in around him, the lack of furnishings doing little to alleviate its tiny appearance. The low bed on which he sat occupied one corner, a cleared desk sitting nearby, his mud caked robs neatly folded in its centre; the door holding the wall opposite them both.

Suddenly aware that his robes had been removed the ambassador jumped to his feet, the confusion rising in his stomach, looking down to discover a new set of garments. Deciding them to meagre he crossed the room and swiftly changed, the dry mud still caked his robes, going unnoticed as he crossed to the door. It was locked, confirming his suspicions.

Trapped, hopeless, Talon sunk to the cot, laying patiently for his captors, a thin crack in the skylight betraying the sun?s steady climb; it was a little past dawn by his reckoning?

[center]* * *[/center]

The luminescent white cheeks beamed as he smiled, the comforting gesture doing little to change his countenance. Kanaye?s words seemed to fall on deaf ears as the stranger turned, springing gaily along the street he motioned for them to follow. They did, unsure why they were chasing the spectre into the rising sun.

Many turns and several deserted streets later he stopped, turning towards them as suddenly as he had appeared, saying: ?We?re here.? He gazed into each of their eyes; all were mysteriously freed from the urge to speak. In spite of him Kurian opened his mouth, twisting into in a vain attempt at words, none came.

?They?re in there, they?ll need you help.? With a grand gesture he motioned to the door behind him, the entrance to a small tavern on the outskirts of High Haven. Then he was gone, little more than a lingering wisp?
[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kanaye's eyes were wide with fright. What had just occured here? he thought.
{"Just a nice man who wants us to help patch things up."}
Kanaye frowned. "It's a rhetorical question", he said out loud, he was getting irritated by Laertes constant interruptions on his thoughts.
{"Sorry, I can't help it."}
Kanaye frowned again.
"Perhaps we should go in."
{"That seems like the best thing to do."}
There was silence and stillness.
{"There's nothing else for it. We have to help him"}
More silence.
{"Well?"}
Kanaye was shocked to hear a tone of anger in the young dragon's voice.
"OK, OK. I'm just getting ready. We don't know what's in there after all."
Silently, he drew his knife from his boot, and gently pushed at the door. There was a slight creak as it drew open everso slowly. Kanaye froze in fear. God, he was pathetic. There was no motion for a while, and the contents of the room ahead were still blocked by the door.
"If you're going to come in, do it."
Kanaye jumped at the voice from within, but managed to compose himself. He pushed more forcefully on the door, and it came wide open. Seated around a table were a man of gruff appearance, and a young girl Kanaye had seen taming dragons in the main square.
"er... hi." he said...

Jaht: Who the hell are you and what the hell are you doing here?

Kanaye: Um, I'm Kanaye. I was told that someone in here needed help.

Jaht: That's not us.

Chi: If he's willing to help, it might be a good idea to let him.

Jaht: (To himself) This will take a while. (Out loud) We don't need your help, Kayane. Leave, before I make you.

Kayane: All right, all right.

(Kayane exits the room)

Chi: Why didn't you let him help?

Jaht: Because we don't know if that's what he wants to do.

Chi: You can't assume that everyone's after us.

Jaht: Look, Chi. Branit's been gone too long, so he's not coming back. We have to act as though he told Siene what he knows. That's not very likely, but we have to act as though it happened, just to be safe. Our advantage is that Branit doesn't know where we're going, so Siene can't get that information from him. That's where the doubles come in. Anyone looking for us will go after them instead.

Chi: I don't think he's after us, Jaht.

Jaht: Bringing him also means we'd have to protect him. I'm a skilled fighter, and you can protect yourself with magic, but I don't think Kayane's that able to defend himself. If we have to protect him, one of us could di einstead. Also, we'ed need more time to prepare with an additional person, and we don't have more time. We need to leave now, and just the two of us. Kayane isn't coming.

[size=1][color=#999999][i]The Hunters led Talisman to their village. When she had entered the village, she had seen that they were very modified and they were not what she had thoguht them to be. They looked to be sophisticated, intelligent, and very modern. She looked around and had seen that it was a modern village. The hunter who had spoken to her tapped her lightly on her shoulder, which brought her back to reality. She nodded and followed him to the center north of the village. There at the center was a large townhall and several houses. She was taken into the townhall and behind the townhall were houses which had people in them. The hunter led her to the middle of the houses and pointed to the house.

Hearing noises and sounds outside, Talon looked to the door and wondered what was happening to him. He listened intently to see if they had captured Talisman. He heard the native language of his captors, but heard no Talisman. When he sat down on his bed, he had heard her voice. He jumped up when the door began to open. He had seen her and she looked dark and muddy.[/i]

"Having fun?"

[i]Talon suddenly ran to her and hugged her legs. Being uncomfortable, Talisman pryed the ambassador off of her and looked to him. She sighed and he stood. Talon looked to her and smiled. Talisman crossed her arms and the hunter came in. He bowed his head to Talisman and she spoke to him swiftly and quietly in their native language. He nodded and had helped Talon.

Talisman stepped out and looked to the sky. Once, Talon was behind her she nodded to the hunter and he left. She then heard Diablo's voice and knew he was waiting for her. She then heard neighing in the sky and the hunters looked to the sky. Veritas flew from the sky and dived towards Talisman. She then heard Aries' neighing and knew he was near. The hunters looked to the sky and feared that some creature was coming to attack them and so they gathered their weapons and was ready to shoot it down, but Talisman had stopped them.[/i]

"Shoot it down and I will give a fate far worse than pain. Understand?"

[i]The Hunters put down their weapons and let Aries fly to Talisman. She was happy to see that her stallion was in shape and that he was with her. She smiled and stroked his mane. She then realized that he had no food for a while and so she looked to the hunter and beckoned him.[/i]

"Yes, Sorceress? Is there anything you wish for?"

"Yes. Food for my bird and my horse. And clothes for me."

[i]The Hunter nodded and he blew into a horn and food was brought to him. He pointed to Aries and they layed it all out and Aries and Veritas began to eat. The hunter then brought her the clothes that she needed. They included her special made shirt, a cloak, pants, gloves, and boots. It also had a black emblem on her cloak. She thanked the hunter and walked to the house and changed in there. She came out freshly cleaned and looking new. She then walked to Aries and had gotten atop his back. Talon got on as well. She thanked the hunters and Aries flew into the sky with Veritas beside him.

As soon as Aries flew far from the woods, Talon began to speak to Talisman once again.[/i]

"Now that we have your flying stallion. We need to get to......"[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] Chi gave a small start as she turned drawing Jaht?s eye to the window. A young man sat there silently gazing at the pair, his countenance was unreadable; he could have been thinking anything for all they knew. His emotions were well hidden, if they existed, behind the smooth, almost luminescent flesh of his still boyish face. Jaht made to speak, unable to form the words he made for Chi instead. The intruder smiled at this, the shallow expression doing little to change his mysterious face.
?That wasn?t very nice now, was it?? He jumped down from the window and disappeared. Jaht?s eyes widened, slightly confused he moved to the window and looked out; finding nothing he pulled the heavy panels shut and fastened the bolt, Chi watching idly. ?Come now, there?ll be no fresh air.? The pair turned quickly, searching for the source of soft voice. The young man was standing across the room now, his shoulders moving in silent laughter as rested against the front door.

[center]* * *[/center]

?High Haven. We have to get to High Haven.? Talon breathed desperately into Talisman?s ear, a command to her steed the sorceress? only response. The sun had already begun its steady climb, clawing its way swiftly across cloud broken sky. A fierce wind had carried the storm further south during the night, leaving High Haven to the dismal task of rebuilding?

[center]* * *[/center]

?What are you doing?? Jaht dashed across the room, alarm spilling across his face. The strange was kneeling by the hearth striking its flint vigorously; the wood had been piled high before they arrived, a common practice among such establishments.
?Aren?t you cold.? His face radiated with a preternatural innocence as he turned to Jaht, his cold eyes mimicking the soft warmth a mother showed a child. ?That?s why you closed the window.? He turned back to his work. Jaht and Chi were both too stunned to stop the ensuing smoke, a steady column rising beside several dozen in the morning?s haze?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kanaye sighed and continued his walk along the streets. It seemed like wherever he went, people refused to be in his company. Perhaps now he was being punished for his earlier mistakes. He was not a religious man, Kanaye, but he felt there was something other than human nature at work in the world, something governing over all humanity. He should really have been good earlier in life. Suddenly, his mind turned back to the post in the ground. His father's ranch. He had always hated dragons, the vermin which scare his customers and burnt his crop, didn't he?
{"It seems like you didn't know your father at all."}
"Hey, watch it." Kanaye was actually angry at the little dragon's statement. "I knew my father better than anyone else. I know he despised dragons."
Laertes turned his snout up.
"Maybe this was a part time job that he was swindled into."
{"I doubt that."}
"Why?" Kanaye said acidly.
{"'Cos, if he didn't want the legacy to continue, why did he give you my egg?"}
"I don't know!" Kanaye slumped to the ground in annoyance, "Maybe you're special or something."
{"Finally, some recognision!"}
"No, I mean like, you were from a bigger dragon, or something."
{"Bigger dragon?"}
"You know, the ones in legends. That Sideria, she's pretty legendary around here. And Plejalta, the oldest dragon alive."
Kanaye laughed to himself.
"Imagine, you could be the son of the greatest dragon alive"...

Jaht: I closed the window to keep you out, actually.

Chi: Jaht, we don't know if he's after us.

Jaht: We have to assume that he is.

Man: Paranoied, are we?

Jaht: Just cautious. And suspicious. And I don't like uninvited guests, especially ones who use the window. I think you want something from us.

Man: You are paranoied.

Jaht: And you're either going to leave, or I'll kick your *** and throw you out.

Man: Confident, too.

Jaht: You seen too confident. I don't even see a weapon on you. (He draws his poles) As I said before, you have two options. Either you leave now, or I'll make you.

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Aries flew high into the air and sped on towards High Haven. They had soon arrived to a town of empty space and destruction. Talisman and Talon looked around to see if anything would be found. Aries dropped down and the two got off. Talon stepped ahead of Talisman and was searching for something.

Talisman brushed Aries' mane and let him go off on his own. Veritas flew to her shoulder and rested there. She smiled and began to look. High Haven was in peril and in need of great repair. Talisman did not know what Talon was looking for and she did not want to waste any time doing nothing. She looked around and saw that he had gone off again. But this time, she would be able to find him.

As she walked, she felt a sudden pain inside her. A voice came to her head as well.[/i]

["I know about you."]

[i]Desperately, Talisman searched for where the voice came from. It wasn't far off, but it felt as if the voice were hidden somewhere deep within a cavern. She could not feel where it was. She began to grow worried and angered. All her life she had tried to keep her past a secret, knowing she came from a generation long lost to the world she lived in. She had no means of accepting her fate until she had fulfilled the quest to find the powers of the Elemental Dragons. But the voice spoke again.[/i]

["Do not ignore, Getsushirin. I know who you are."]

[i]Angrily, Talisman replied to the voice.[/i] ["If you know who I am, show yourself. Do not attempt to hide your form for I will be able to see right through it."]

["Oh. I know. I know all about you, Alandra Getsushirin, Talisman the Black Sorceress, wielder of the Dragon Dagger and Dragon Flute, Dragon Master of the Elemental Dragons of Earthia. I know."]

["What do you want?"]

[i]The voice began to chuckle and Talisman was annoyed by its arrogant way.[/i]

["What I want has nothing to do with you. I only want what the man knows about."]

["You want want Talon knows?"]

["You catch on quick. If you wish to know who I am, come to the Wind Temple above Aeolin Mountains. There you shall find me. Until then, Sorceress."]

[i]The voice had left her and she was alone in the demolished city. Something about the voice reminded her of Yamato. It was as if the voice that spoke to her was connected to Yamato and perhaps he or it was the Wind Dragon. There was only one way to find out and that was to go to the Wind Temple.[/size][/color][/i]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] ?You assume too much.? He cocked his head as he spoke, his thin lips curling with a sneer. With swiftness beyond the human eye he was behind Jaht, glaring menacingly over is shoulder. ?What makes you think I?d need a weapon??

Jaht turned quickly, his poles rolling around his fingers, their momentum building. ?I?m not going to say it again. Leave else I?ll make you.? Red was spilling across his cheeks, his frustration warranting little more then a laugh from the stranger; he was gone again, breathing softly over Jaht?s shoulder.

?Better swing then?? His voice carried on the wind, its taunting tone just enough to break Jaht?s patience. The warrior spun, throwing the motion?s weight behind his pole only to feel it stop short. There was no change in the young man?s demeanor; he had done little more than raise a hand to catch the pole, his countenance still well within his control.

Jaht continued his assault, twirling the other pole into the man?s ribs; there was no reaction, not so much as a flinch. A normal man?s ribs would have shattered under such a blow. Jaht paused, stunned, his mouth gapping. The stranger smiled, the icy depths of his eyes sending a chill along the warrior?s spine.

?Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.? Pursing his lips he cocked his head, his arm suddenly raised. A sudden impact was all that hinted at the blow he received, a heavy pain wringing his chest as he impacted with the cabin?s wall, its soft wooden planks doing little to stop his flight. His foe gone, the stranger turned to Chi; the young woman was sitting stunned, disbelief contorting her soft face. He smiled and was at the door, the sunlight spilled through before it slammed in his wake, Chi was suddenly alone in the strange room, confused.

Pain grasped his chest as Jaht pulled himself onto his elbows. He was outside, dazed under the brilliant rays that accompanied the morning. Then the stranger loomed over him, his pale face smooth calm, controlled as he offered his hand. Jaht hesitated before accepting it. One of his poles had disappeared, lost in his flight, the other clenched tightly in his hand?

[center]* * *[/center]

Talon hurried through the ruined town center, unsure where his feet carried him. The sun was well on the way to rising, partially hidden behind the recently smothered plums of smoke. High Haven was a different place, he had to double back several times where rubble blocked the street, a new route was easy to come by though and he quickly found the meager building he called home.

Rushing inside he rummaged through several trunks before finding a fresh set of cloths; a grey and black senatorial robe, its soft silks and expensive felts bliss compared to the mud caked one he now wore. Laying the fresh garments on the bed he busied himself with a basin of warm water and restored his battered face, freeing his matted hair from the plain?s heavy mud.

Changed and refreshed he emerged from the cozy confines of his home, Talisman all but forgotten as he headed to the town hall, the town council his chief concern?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Kanaye and Laertes lay in their makeshift bed of leaves outside High Haven's walls. They had attempted to sleep in one of the Inns, but Kanaye never slept more than half an hour, before waking up in a cold sweat, screaming. He couldn't stand to be in a place of such sadness and misery. Laertes would sleep anywhere, he was told, and so was wrapped up in Kanaye's backpack. Laertes was growing with alarming speed. He was now twice as big as when he'd hatched, and was becoming harder to conceal around those who had suffered in the attack, and, like Kurian, now despised dragon-kind.
Kanaye's mind turned to his father. So, he had liked dragons after all. so much so, in fact, that he had secretly started a nursery for those who wanted to keep tamed dragons. He guessed it would have ruined his reputation as someone to be feared. And in the village, where crime was high, that meant everything. Kanaye's father must have raised dragons from eggs and trained them to be good, proper little pets. The egg he was given must have been important, he never would have sold his life to save it otherwise. Yet, why had Laertes' father attack them? Surely he had no grudge against Kenta, who obviously meant dragons no harm. Constant thinking on this matter sent Kanaye into a deep, engulfing sleep. And a well recieved one, at that!

Jaht: (Thinking) What the hell have I gotten myself into this time? (Out loud) You know what? I don't think you're human.

Man: What was your first clue?

Jaht: Can the sarcasm, please. It's obvious you want something. What? And why?

Man: What do you think I want?

Jaht: I think you want something that doesn't exist anymore. And if you have a problem with that, go find the dragon who lives in that volcano over there. He's the one who destroyed it, and he didn't even fulfill his end of the bargian. (Pause) You are here for the Dragon OCarina, aren't you? If not, then what? And why?

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] ?Ha! What little you know.? He stepped closer as he spoke, his cool gray eyes catching the vivid blues of the world above. ?Siene has never seen the Dragon Ocarina, let alone destroyed it.? His shoulders continued to move with laughter as he walked passed Jaht, brushing gentle against his robes. ?I wish to join you on your journey. It has been so very long since I spoke with Plejalta?? He trailed off, Jaht lost in a veil of thought.

?Someone still has it then?? Jaht hesitated. ?Who?? There was a long pause be fore he answered, long enough for Jaht to consider repeating the question. Turning slowly he collected the warrior?s gaze. Then his face was inches away, its lips caressing Jaht?s cheek as he spoke: ?And why would I tell you that??

Jaht?s hand flew at him, desperate to brush away the fleeting touch, there was nothing; he was already by the door of the cabin, pushing it with his preternatural grace. ?You coming?? He looked over his shoulder, those thin lips unmoved by the sound. With that he stepped through the wooden threshold?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

aht: (Thinking) What the hell is he up to? Besides pissing off Siene, that is. At least now I know why Branit's not back. Siene probably killed him. And this unnamed guy knows. He probably has the Dragon Ocarina, and he wants to use it on Plejalta. He obviously doesn't realize the mental strength Plejalta has undoubtably gained throughout his life. Well, I really don't have any choice but to let him come along. (He walks inside) (To himself) The owner won't be happy when he sees that hole. (Out loud) All right, then. It's time to do this. We leave now. I don't know if you ride, Mr. Nameless, but Chi and I are using a dragon.I have one in mind, too.

Chi: Abiadura, right?

Jaht: Smart girl. A little naive, but smart. Yes, we'll take Abiadura. By the way, Mr. Nameless, what should we call you?

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Aries shook his mane and nudged Talisman on the shoulder. She looked to her stallion and smiled. She then saw that Talon walked towards the town hall. She knew he would be fine here and got on Aries' back. She brushed his mane before he rode into the sky with Veritas flying beside him.

As Aries flew towards the Earth Temple, Talisman began to think of what would happen when she had gotten there. She looked down to see that the lands began to change. Lush, green grass, beautiful, shading trees, and the sweet smell of exotic flowers came to her. Aries gently stepped onto the ground and Talisman stood in front of large temple.[/i]

"So, this is the Earth Temple."

[i]Talisman walked to the steps and felt a great rush of energy flowing around the entrance. She breathed in deeply and walked into the Temple. She looked around and saw that the walls were all made of Jade and the statues as well. She was intruiged by the sweet arome that filled the corridor she walked through. She kept walking until she came to three other corridors, it looked like a fork in the road.[/i]

"Ok, what am I supposed to do?"

["Trying to get to me are you?"]

"Who are you?"

[i]A chuckling arose in the air.[/i] ["All will be revealed in due time. But, first get to the Protector of this Temple and she shall send you to me...[i]only[/i] if you pass her test."]

"Wait...a protector and a test?"

["I will see you then, Sorceress."]

[i]The voice had left her and she was standing in front of the three corridors. She closed her eyes and walked up to the middle one and she smelt an exotic smell of roses, but it did not come from the middle. It came from the right and that was where she went. The smell was invigorating and it smelt beautiful. As she walked through the corridor, she noticed symbols on the walls. Talisman thought them to be symbols representing earth and nature. She saw a figure at the end off the corridor which lead to an area of flowers.

Talisman stepped in and was surrounded by small trees and many flowers. She walked to to the center of the supposed room and stood there. She looked around and was amazed by the many flowers and trees in the room. With the distraction of her amazement, she did not realize that the Protector of the Temple was watching her. When she did realize it, a hand was on her shoulder.[/i]

"Hello, Alandra. I have been waiting."

[i]Talisman quickly turned and looked to a beautiful girl. She must have been about younger than the age of 25, but older than 18. She was about 6' with beautiful, waist long jade green hair that curled at the bottom, emerald green eyes that gave her a welcoming feel. The girl wore a sundress type of dress. It was pale green and it had green gems around her waist. She had a sweet smile to her face as well. Talisman couldn't help but smile. Everything around her seemed to have a calm aura that made Talisman feel as if she belonged. She looked to the girl once again and smiled.[/i]

"You must be the Protector. And it seems that everyone knows my true name."

"Yes. That is true. But, you should not be ashamed of your past. Did you know that the Getsushirin women were given different powers so that they could help each generation in their own way? It's true and the women in your family also are Dragon Masters. Dragon Masters are empathic and telepathic to a dragon. They can also sense when a dragon is near and whether or not they have a power. They also have other abilities as well. You, on the other hand...there's something about you that is special. And Earthia is pleased to have you."

[i]The girl breathed in deeply and smiled happily. Talisman did as well. She looked to her once again and was filled with happiness. Her past meant nothing to her at that moment and nothing did either. She then realized that the girl had not told her her name. The girl walked on and began to speak to Talisman once again.[/i]

"Before we begin your test, I will introduce myself. I am Anthea, daughter of Gaea. She is the Getsushirin women's Goddess of Earth, Mother of Nature, and Creator of all things beautiful on earth."

"Then it must mean you protect Izanami, the Dragon of Earth. Is that correct?"

"Yes. She is technically my pet, my companion."

"I see. That explains why you protect her. Is this the same for all of the protectors?"

"No."

[i]Anthea stopped and when Talisman stopped beside her, she showed her what was in front of her. It was a luscious place of tranquility. Tiger lilies, lilies, and orchids seemed to dance in the room. Anthea took her hand and walked her inside.[/i]

"This is my favorite spot all around this temple. This is where you will be tested for your generosity and sincerity, even your purity. Knowing you, I know that you will pass."[/size][/color]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1] The mountain shook, its faces crashing down its side. The sun had risen hours ago and still they hadn?t brought it. Siene threw himself into another wall his rage compelling him; a thousand years had passed since he felt emotion, a millennia spent in waiting. Dragging himself from the ground the ancient beast made for the surface passage, consumed by the melody within, by the rage running rampart through the core of his being.

[center]* * *[/center]

High Haven?s walls were empty, void of life. A winged figure, still as stone, the only being atop the elegant masonry, his eerie tune spewing from the Dragon Ocarina. He couldn?t help but grin; Siene was coming, he was with Chi, the sorceress deep within the Earth Temple, there was nobody to stop him.
The eerie melody continued across the plains, unheard by men, feared by beast. Calling High Haven?s fiery doom forth, drawing Siene to his damning fate. The grin sank to a sneer, his wings catching him as he toppled over the wall, the plain?s strong updrafts carrying him high into the world above.

[center]* * *[/center]

Running now Siene cleared the mountain, his mighty wings pulling the wind beneath them. Scaling the currents he leered down at the world above; High Haven a rough patch in a sea of lulling greens, crowned with his fiery range, bordered by her menacing forest. She would be next, the first of them to fall to his fiery rage. How dare they let it survive, refuse his pleas!
He rolled towards the earth, a sudden urge for the city?s suffering rising spewing forth in a fiery torrent of rage. The plains were alive, twisting, leaping across themselves as their flames lapped the grass. High Haven the island in the hellish sea of flame.

[center]* * *[/center]

He laughed, a malicious echo of man?s laugh. Siene had proved easier to tame then he thought, easier to craft against himself. The dragon had continued into the sea of fire, his crimson bulk barely distinguishable amidst the grass? agony. The fire would reach the forests soon; draw the next victim to him. She would suffer as Siene is; she deserved to suffer as he did, as they all did.
Sneering he landed beside the ancient. The beast was just standing his eyes misted to the flames, the melody?s echo to ravaging his mind. It was perfect; he had no idea He was there. He pressed his palm against the monsters rough hide, moving swiftly into the embrace.
His back arched in ecstasy, his body closing the rift between them, violently sucking the power from him. The flames flared brilliantly, red, yellow, orange licking the luscious grass beneath, tracing the earth?s delicate contours. He pulled himself free, his body heavy with sweat, the sea draining to the grey waste it had become.
He fell to the ashen covered ground satisfied. Siene was his, his mind, his body, and his power. Nothing could come between them now. The dragon had fallen upon its own legs, lulled in by its own confusion. He hesitated at this, pondering the circumstance. No it was better he didn?t know, not yet at least. Then he was gone, Siene?s dull grey hide a monument to his wake, the Ocarina clasped tightly in his crimson touched hand?

[center]* * *[/center]

?Hmm?? He stroked his chin in mock concern as he answered, his cheeks reddening slightly for the first time. ?Well Mr. Nameless has a nice ring to it.? He paused with the disdain on Jaht?s face. ?It doesn?t really matter, you can name me as you wish.? Making for the door he stopped dead, a revelation halting his stride. ?Ride did you say?? Jaht nodded. ?Upon my own steed?? Again he nodded, hoping this would stop the young man, force him leave them be. ?Then I had best summon it.? He was gone, leaving his words to brush Jaht?s ear independently.

The air was smoky outside, a result of the fire no doubt. Ash had blown over much of the town, hiding patches of half collapsed roofing here and there. He paused savoring the moment. Then he whistled, a ghostly sound resonating through his chest, it required no motion on his part; it was here.
A shade of the dragon his newfound companions held so high. It held the rough shape of the beasts, the overly large skull, and broad sweeping wings, sinewy tail. The similarities ended there. Deep shimmering pools replaced their eyes, a menacing maw their mouth, a wispy shadow in place of a proud hide. It was fast, much faster then the serpents they rode, more expendable.
Chi started as she emerged from the cavern, the beast sending a chill through her soft flesh. Jaht was close behind, seemingly indifferent to the thing He had summoned. He turned to them, his cheeks no longer carrying their red flush, breaking the perfect line that was his mouth he said: ?Are we going??[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Jaht: (Thinking) What the hell is that thing? I am in way over my head, and I have no choice but to play this guy's game. I just hope I can figure out the rules of the game before it's too late. (He looks around, noticing the raging fire around the city) (Out loud) The situation has changed, people. We've been compromised.

Chi: What?

Jaht: Siene's after us. We have to move, move fast, and move now. Oh, and as for you, Mr. Nameless, I think I'll call you Cythraul. Now let's move. Chi, we need to find Abiadura, and now. I assume you have some special trick you can use. Use it. there's no time to lose. We need to be gone sometime around last week.

[size=1][color=#999999][i]Talisman looked to Anthea and smiled to her. She knew that Anthea was a kind person and she also knew that Anthea had confidence in her, which gave her confidence in her and her name. She looked around and sighed. It was a large place to be in and at any moment, her test could up to her. But, Anthea put her hand on her shoulder and told her to follow.

Anthea led Talisman to the other side of the temple. She came up to the outside and wondered why she was brought out there. Anthea walked on and Talisman followed behind.[/i]

"Anthea, where are you taking me to?"

"You'll soon see."

[i]Both girls did not speak until Anthea stopped and her joyful smile turned to a sorrowful frown. She looked in front of her. Men trampled over the beautifuls gardens and terrorized the creatures that Izanami protected. Talisman grew angered and stepped forward, but Anthea stopped her.[/i]

"No. Do not fight them. It will only anger the creatures."

"But, we have to save them."

"Alandra, please. I do not wish to aggravate them any more than they already are."

"I have no choice. It is inhumane to watch those poor defenseless creatures being terrorized by men who do not respect this land."

[i]Talisman pushed away from Anthea and let the shadows guide her down to the men. She could hear the roars of the creatures that were being speared and cut. Their cries had spoke to her and she could hear them clearly. She came up to the men and pulled out her katanas.[/i]

"Put down those weapons and step away from the creatures."

[i]The men turned to her and Talisman saw that they weren't that much older than she and yet the terrorized those creatures. They began to walk towards her and she stood there comfortably. They began to smirk and whisper comments to each other. They stopped about 10 feet in front of her and she held tightly onto her katanas. One of the men stepped forward and walked towards her. He circled her a few times before going back to his place. He looked to his "friends" and one of them handed him a sword. He began to slide his thumb along the blade, being careful not to slice his finger.[/i]

"Do you know who I am? I am Morium and [i]you[/i] are trespassing in [i]my[/i] woods."

"And? I can be here by my own will if I want."[/size][/color]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode] Cythraul smiled as he clung to the monster?s neck, undistinguishable against its shifting veils. Chi and Jaht weren?t far ahead, several dozen feet at the best of times; just close enough for him to hear their words.

?Are you sure its this way?? Jaht added another question to the string he had spewed forth since their departure. The fire had moved from the fields into the forests, towards the ancient temple complex in its heart, Jaht still hastened though, forcing Chi to stumble almost blindly toward their destination.

She had better know the way; this was all a big waste of time if she doesn?t. Two millennia had passed since their last meeting, since Abiadura had banished her from his mountain. He smiled. She couldn?t hide anymore, not from Chi; that power, finally it would be his?

Siene struggled to lift himself from the ground; his muscles were weak, drained. He was cold, a terrible sensation foreign to every portion of his being. Finding his feet he stumbled towards the range, too weak to fly, his flesh pale, gait wobbly at best. Reaching the ranges foot, its warm gushes of air welcoming him home, the ancient beast froze.

It was gone, all of it. He struggled to remember what had happened, where his power had gone. His last memory was of Jaht leaving the cavern. There was nothing more. Lost in thought he continued into the range, his strength returning with its warmth.

Had he ever been the elemental dragon of fire. Was that power ever his. Climbing into his pool he lay still, focused on the maelstrom of thoughts rushing through his mind?

Nature?s stench was everywhere. Every tree, every flower, bird, animal, even the ground reeked of it. It hadn?t taken his long to find the temple, to track down the next dragon, his next victim. The building was ancient, younger then he but older then most of his kind. Its soft stonewalls laced with sprawling networks of vines, each budding its own little plethora of flowers; that would not do. He preferred somewhere comfortable to play his music, somewhere away from the foul odors of the temple.

Continuing through the forest he had found a small glen; little more then a clearing really, nature?s pungent odors were hidden here, masked by the decaying masses in the stagnant pools spaced around the clearing. It was here, nestled high among the aging trees; he began to weave his tune. Different to the last, more suited to its target. The forest fell silent, the raging storm burning through its flank, the devil chilling its heart.

The dragon rose, his emerald green hide glistening beneath the misted air. A waterfall held the largest wall of the temple?s center most room, its largest one, a thousand trees spread among the stone courtyards. That tune, it was so inviting. It called for him, echoed through the vast recesses of his mind.

He edged along the passages, making for the glen he knew all to well. Its evil stench didn?t matter; it was forgotten, overpowered by the tune?s wicked harmonies. Outside was bright; the sun had risen high, unhindered by the cloudless sky. Anthea was with Alandra. The pair had moved some way from the temple, they were with another group of people, he didn?t care; the tune was all that mattered.

Talisman was whirling around her opponent; Morium was a skilled fighter, more then capable of holding his own against the sorceress, for a while at least. Hw wasn?t what the guardian fear. No it was the mob surrounding the pair holding her concern, threatening to overwhelm Talisman should their leader start to fail.

Anthea began down the hill, intent on a fair fight, only to pause halfway along its soft, muddy slope. Something had changed, she could pick what, but something had changed. Maybe he was leaving the temple, it had been a while since his last venture into the forest, he was probably just stretching his wings.

The light played across the temple?s steps, thrown every which way by his wing?s emerald gleam. Entranced he left the ground, barely aware of the sky?s tantalizing caress. Less then a league lay between the temple and the glen, he was over it in moments, rolling towards the small clearing.

The beast landed gently in the mud, its own weight pushing its legs below the surface. Silly wretch he thought as he crossed the clearing, his melodies broken. The dragon?s eyes were misted, his snout, much smaller then Siene?s, oozed small streams of saliva. The devil was beside him, unseen through the murky depths of his vision.

His clawed hand found the dragon?s flank, tracing the delicate falls between its scales. The devil?s back arched, his ecstasy returning?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]